[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How is the MCU so popular if more than half of the movies are garbage?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 36
Thread images: 7
How is the MCU so popular if more than half of the movies are garbage?
>>
There are only 2 good Star Wars movies and look how crazy fuckers are about that

(we can argue 3 but c'mon guys)
>>
People are stupid and have awful taste
>>
You're asking this when Transformers is one of the best selling franchises of all time.
>>
Because elitists aren't as common as you'd like to believe.
>>
Because they're FUN! and COLORFUL! and HAPPY! And there's CGI and lazers and stuff! And holy shit look there a talking raccoon!

Honestly this is about as serious an answer as you're going to get form me.
>>
How is the DCEU so popular when all of the movies are garbage?
>>
>>83452971
marketing. seriously
>>
>>83452971
>more than half of the movies are garbage
For you.
>>
>>83453131
>How is the DCEU so popular
But it's not popular, with good reason.
>>
>>83453003
This and >>83453141. Mindless consumers that have never even seen patrician media.

I don't let it bother me though. Let the plebs have their entertainment, it keeps them from rioting.
>>
File: 143547898134.png (195 KB, 1400x1207) Image search: [Google]
143547898134.png
195 KB, 1400x1207
>>83452971
Marketing.

Disney's advertising dollar can turn anything into a success if they're willing to invest enough, and running their rivals out of business appears to be a worthy enough cause to garner top dollar.
>>
>>83453200
*tips fedora*
>>
>>83452971
Quality doesn't sell.
>>
>>83453218
Came here to say this. They are safe uncontroversial products that are powered by the best marketing team on earth. Of course they are successful and popular.
>>
>>83452971
Low standards
Fanboyism
Quantum mechanics
>>
File: Based Capeshit.webm (3 MB, 720x300) Image search: [Google]
Based Capeshit.webm
3 MB, 720x300
>>83452971
Cause half of them aren't garbage.

The only ones I'd say are actually bad are Incredible Hulk, which was the start of the franchise to the point that people don't even realize its really in the MCU, and arguably Age of Ultron, which by then occurred at the peak of the IP so it couldn't flop.

The Thor movies are forgettable more than anything, not actually bad.

And besides, Iron Man 1, Winter Soldier, GotG & Civil War are all genuinely great, so keep on crying bitch nigga.
>>
>>83453350

>TIH is bad

This is the worst opinion I hear on this board.
>>
File: You're serious.gif (3 MB, 264x240) Image search: [Google]
You're serious.gif
3 MB, 264x240
>>83453350
>all those quick cuts
>all that shaky-cam
>>
File: zack-snyder.png (459 KB, 670x377) Image search: [Google]
zack-snyder.png
459 KB, 670x377
>>83452971
The problem is that half the movies are garbage. /co/ logic is that it's only good if they're all garbage.
>>
>>83453434
>s-shaky cam is bad cause its p-popular
fuck off retard
>>
>>83453404
How is that even possible with all these snyder apologists
>>
>>83453557
>adding stutters to a strawman to make somebody's opinion seam nonsensical
Lame as hell mang.

And it's a shame, because it'd be an awesome as fuck fight if they just filmed it head on.
>>
>>83453611
It's already awesome. You're literally not saying why shaky cam or quick cuts are bad, just greentexting. How is that sensical?

You want to argue quick cuts are used to hide poor choregraphy, fine. But everything there is coherent. The shaky cam makes it feel more visceral.

It looks good, stop whining about things that are good.
>>
>>83453577
TiH and all snyders comic films are good, its op thats interconnect in thinking only half are bad.
>>
>>83453731
The good choreography is there, yes. But the quick cuts seem to be used to hide the lack of bridging moves, and the shaky cams make it shaky, not visceral. That, and it doesn't take advantage of full body within the same cut.

This is just my opinion, however. And it seems like opinions are outlawed.
>>
>>83453434
You know, its amazing how often people confuse shaky cam with handheld camera.

Maybe like two shots of this webm are legitimately "shaky".
>>
>>83452971
They're popcorn movies. Not great, little to no artistic value, but watchable and entertaining enough. I think Civil War was a 6/10 at best but I still enjoyed watching it, in the same sense that I enjoyed Terminator Genisys, which was by all means a pretty shitty movie.

tl;dr Competently made action movies fill seats even if they're nothing spectacular.
>>
>>83453962

Yeah I've never watched for it before but you're right. The only real shaky cam is the shot with the knife play (Bucky flipping it) and when Cap is thrown into the van before Bucky stabs it.
>>
>>83452971
because there was nothing like it before, a single studio chugging out respectable,faithful and proper comic book movies instead of money grabbing hacks like fox and sony.

spiderman 2, first class and dofp are anomalies, but the rest is just blockbuster/summer flick trash.
>>
>>83452971
I only think Thor 2 is garbage.

The rest range from meh to great
>>
File: 1454023069853.jpg (32 KB, 567x561) Image search: [Google]
1454023069853.jpg
32 KB, 567x561
>>83453200
Humans aren't complicated creatures and the ability to understand old/obscure movies won't turn you into a genius.
>>
I forgot that most of /co/ are high cultured. Damn, you guys are like movie critics who use buzzwords terms "dumb, fun popcorn flick" but don't actually review arthouse or "indie" films.

People like these movies, they're inoffensive accessible; they have mass market appeal. Why wouldn't the MCU be popular?
>>
>>83454518
This. A shared universe was unimaginable just a decade ago. Marvel's films are pretty faithful to the source material, and seem to be made with some love and care, whereas Fox, Sony, Warners don't give a fuck and bastardize the source material brutally.

What Marvel, what Feige have achieved is remarkable; they have made comic book movies not feel like having your childhood raped. In fact in some cases (such as Scarlet Witch) it's like having your childhood un-raped, the toxic edge-lordery of modern comics thankfully removed.
>>
>>83452989
of the top of my head, Iron Man 1 great, Captain murica Civil War and Winter Soldier great, GoG good, Ant-Man good, the only movies I truly don't care are the Thor ones, and I like Thor in the comics, for some reason I can't get into his movies.
>>
>>83456098
>/co/
it's literally just /tv/ crossboarders who ironically defend Snyder
Thread replies: 36
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.