[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Talking Tom & Friends
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2
A new episode was released yesterday. Nobody cares - neither do I, really - but it is what it is. I'm not sure how many people on here have even watched an episode. As I've said many times before, the main reason I want to like this show is because I like the concept of ignoring both traditional television and digital subscription services. Making a full length animated series and putting it on YouTube appeals to me. It's unfortunate that this is the end result.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0CZjMWdRa08
>>
>>83440690
Don't do this to yourself man.
>>
>>83440690
It's an adaptation of some mobile interactive shit.
>>
>>83442833
It's made by the same people.
>>
>>83442589
it's his passion
i wish there was something in this world i could be this dedicated to
>>
>>83440690
>Nobody cares - neither do I, really
Then why did you make a thread about it?
>>
>>83442872
Because of what it represents. I explained that. Besides which, I've already made three dozen threads. I may as well see it through to the end.
>>
>>83440690
Isn't this that shitty fucking app? I mean, the kind of app you'd find if you try searching the Google Play store and didn't take the first page of results, where you find four function calculators with ads and virtual pets with four frames of animation? Why the hell did this horrid shit get a show?
>>
>>83442954
>Those kinds of features have generated 3.6 billion downloads and over 250 million monthly active users for The Talking Tom and Friends apps over time. The franchise has amassed over 4.3 billion views on YouTube.
>>
>>83440690
>Nobody cares - neither do I, really
Then why did you make this thread?
>>
>>83443008
I don't understand, anon. I just can't understand.
>>
File: 1458108563872.png (529 KB, 1280x670) Image search: [Google]
1458108563872.png
529 KB, 1280x670
>>83443041
I think I answered that already.
>>
>>83440690
>straight to Youtube
There's been plenty of Youtube-exclusive shows before. What makes this special?
>>
>>83443155
I don't consider Bravest Warriors and things like that to be in the same category. Those tend to be far shorter than a production-length episode, and lack both a consistency of schedule and an adequately sized season. Talking Tom & Friends is 52 eleven minute episodes, with an episode being uploaded every week except during breaks. It is, by any measure, the exact same type of show that they air on television. It could have easily aired on The Hub, back when The Hub was buying every piece of shit show under the sun.

They could have tried to put their show on Netflix, or Amazon, or Hulu. But they put it on YouTube. Perhaps it is not the first of its kind, but it's the first notable one that I've seen. Tom Kenny works on it. Industry professionals. It's not very good, but it's something.
>>
>>83443222
So wait, when this show inevitably gets shat on by critics or fails to retain interest, aren't industry professionals going to jump to the conclusion that it was because the show was put up on Youtube rather than anything to do with the IP itself?
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.