[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I'm rewatching Last Airbender, and I just finished the Winter
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 1
File: ATLA.jpg (212 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
ATLA.jpg
212 KB, 1280x720
I'm rewatching Last Airbender, and I just finished the Winter Solstice Part 2 / Avatar Roku episode.

When Roku comes out and starts fucking shit up, it seems that he actually bend the lava. So can firebenders use a form of lavabending, or was he earthbending to do the lavanebding?
>>
>>83437545
Lavabending is a subskill of earthbending so yes.
>>
It's Earthbending.

Granted, very advanced Earthbending but Earthbending nonetheless.
>>
>>83437545
Lavabending is earthbending
Roku's the Avatar, he can earthbend
>>
>>83437573
>>83437617
It was initially thought to be an avatar-only ability, right? I just finished watching Korra and am now rewatching ATLA, so I'm trying not to get things mixed up or confused. It just looked like Roku was still firebending, but it does make more sense that he was earthbending, since that's what lavabending is--like you said.

Already interested in the massive difference between the interpretation of spirits/the spirit world between the two shows
>>
>>83437660
>It was initially thought to be an avatar-only ability, right
That's how most fans interpreted it but there wasn't anything official until LoK really
>>
>>83437660
A lot of the specialized variants of bending were extremely rare during the events of ATLA. The only subskill that's really common in ATLA is probably water healing.
>>
>>83437660
>It was initially thought to be an avatar-only ability, right?
When was this stated?
>>
>>83438118
Sorry, that was just fan speculation.
Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.