[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Grayson
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 1
File: image.jpg (33 KB, 200x260) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
33 KB, 200x260
So overall how did you like Grayson? Would you recommend to others?
>>
Depends on the person if I'd recommend it or not. I liked it, but it's not for everyone, and it wasn't like a 10/10 comic, just a fun one.
>>
pretty gay
>>
Was super into it until the creative team changed. The ending was weak.

However, Seeley is writing Nightwing, so I've got high hopes.
>>
I'd definitely recommend it to girls looking for some beefcake in their comics.
>>
It stopped being much of anything after the return to Gotham issue. I'd like to have seen what this series would've really been if Rebirth hadn't pulled everyone away from it.

Its EASILY better than any Nightwing book though.
>>
>>83435200

The worst work I've read by King so far. It was alright for the most part, but I fucking hate Janin's art and Dick came off as a real narcissist at times.
>>
I know some old school Dick fags who might like it. Definitely passing it along.
>>
Yeah it was pretty good and fun to read, Seeley and King did a good job together and I really appreciate the drawing of Janin. The last numbers with the creative team changed are meh.

Overall 8/10
>>
I really enjoyed the first arc with Minos and the Paragon pieces. It was mostly made up of one-and-done stories that explored Dick's character and motivations, while still tying into an overall narrative.

The follow up stuff the spy games felt aimless and meandering. More decompression, more pandering. Robin War tie in. And the ending was a bit of a let down.
>>
>>83435200
The quality fell when they changed the creative team and for that I will be forever bitter, but overall it was a great direction for Dick to take and it gave us some fantastic character moments.
>>
>>83435200
My favorite reboot book (next to Midnighter and R:SOB). I started liking DC again because of it. It really was a breath of fresh air, though I'd agree that the first arc was probably the strongest. It's very entertaining, smart, and funny, I'd recommend it to anyone who likes superhero comics. Could've been a 10/10 for me if it hadn't been for the rushed ending.
I'm really surprised that people here are so down on Janin's art, because most people I know loved it. I don't know why people are so allergic against poser art or whatever it's called, I think this a gorgeous comic with great paneling and coloring.
>>
>>83441820
This basically
I hope it ending early doesn't fuck Seeley up too much
>>
>>83443770
>I'm really surprised that people here are so down on Janin's art
Same.
I thought it fit the aesthetic of a spy thriller and was one of the things that really set it apart from other works.
>>
>>83444799
/co/ doesn't like that he uses poser, but I'll take his art over a shitload of other artists out there. Besides, he's really great with backgrounds and I love his spreads.
>>
Should I stop reading this when King leaves after #17?
>>
>>83444843
Nah, you should finish the story, or you won't get a closure, but the ending really is rushed.
>>
>>83444799
Yeah this. Some panels may have ended up looking a little stiff, sometimes, but it was a very distinct style and it fit the whole retro spy angle. And the colors were fucking great.
>>
>>83443860
I thought the ending was very sloppy, but I don't think it'll create problems for Nightwing down the line, it's basically a clean slate, but with the option to bring back characters like Helena and Tiger who still exist.
>>
>>83441396
It didn't go anywhere - that was the main problem I would have with it, and otherwise agree with pretty much every one here.

>>83447171
>>83444799
>>83444842

As far as the art, I am fine with it, it was consistent and enjoyable.

The main issue I had is that I am tired of DC creating all these new acronym organizations when they could have used say Checkmate for this, and then they also used the tired trope of were some super-secret group that KNOWS everything and is one (or multiple) step ahead of you in every instance. Thus the ending was stupid and idiotic in that respect.
>>
>>83448864
I agree with your point about Checkmate. I thought Spyral was ultimately wasted. Who knows how it would've been if the series had gone on for longer, but as it was I was quite disappointed in it.
Plus seeing more Checkmate would've been cool, Seeley obviously had fun writing those characters.
Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.