[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
okay, help me out. what is "rebirth", and do i need
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2
File: ctc.jpg (156 KB, 500x476) Image search: [Google]
ctc.jpg
156 KB, 500x476
okay, help me out. what is "rebirth", and do i need to follow it?
>>
>>83434227
The revelation that the new 52 wasn't a reboot and is in fact the same universe from preflashpoint that was changed by Dr. Manhattan into what it is today.
It also served as a way to bring preFP Wally West and Superman back into continuity. It's being used as a way to bring back some of the lore of the DCU.

You don't have to follow it, but so far the one shot and the Superman and Green Arrow tie ins have been pretty good.
>>
>>83434227
See, y'all are giggling about how Jason probably has a boner right now, but all I can think of is that I miss when Diana was pretty consistently portrayed as friendly and considerate.

>tfw based Rucka made it a point to mention that Diana's a nice girl
WW Rebirth just keeps becoming more appealing.
>>
>>83434893
Next week my nigga
>>
Sure thing anon. Rebirth is DC's new initiative. It's a natural extrapoliation of unbirthing. Look that up right now in image search if you're not familiar with the term.
>>
>>83434377
Beyond this, it's DC admitting they screwed some stuff up with New 52, and they're working the good shit back in.
Wally West and Superman that married Lois are back, and there's more to come.

You need to read DC Rebirth #1, and the Rebirth issue of whatever you want to follow.
>>
I think the simplest explanation is this: New52 was Windows Vista. Rebirth and onward is Windows 7.

>>83434377
>preFP Superman

Already existed in the New52 Multiverse as an effect of Convergence's aftermath. That's something that needs to be clarified.
>>
>>83435042
Woo woo!
>>
>>83434377
Who was nu52 Superman and where did he come from?
>>
>>83435832
Thinking about, perhaps the implication is that, since the New52 is just a de-aged version of the Pre-Flashpoint multiverse, New52 Supes is PF Supes.

On the other hand, PF Supes (aka "Superdad") is...someone else. *He's* the one who's genuinely not who he thinks he is. Could be something outrageous like Superboy-Prime.
>>
File: Really bats.jpg (82 KB, 555x635) Image search: [Google]
Really bats.jpg
82 KB, 555x635
>>83434227
>Think clean thoughts
What the fuck does that have anything to do with it?
it's ironic of her saying you'll get freeze when she herself got exposed like hell.

>think clean thoughts
What the fuck? Really batman? Aren't you the one who needs to "think clean"
>>
>>83435832
We don't know yet, but I like the Kal-L theory (which is pre-Flashpoint Superman was out of the universe with Convergence when Manhattan struck, Manhattan used the other Superman's corpse that was on Earth-0 to take his place).
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.