[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I really want to get into the x-men comics but dont know where
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2
File: x-men-comics.jpg (1 MB, 2713x1044) Image search: [Google]
x-men-comics.jpg
1 MB, 2713x1044
I really want to get into the x-men comics but dont know where i should start. Anyone willing to help me out?
>>
File: 1464923492575.jpg (363 KB, 899x992) Image search: [Google]
1464923492575.jpg
363 KB, 899x992
>>
>>83432293
who are these semon demons?
>>
>>83432237
No one can help you senpai. If you think the movie timeline's confusing, the comics will give you an aneurysm. Also there's no point in getting into Xmen now at all. Disney's been fucking x characters left, right and centre to deter people from the books and the franchise
>>
Claremont's run or Morrison's run. Everything else worth a shit is just a rip off of one of those.

The early Kirby comics are solid but forgettable and not a good place to start.
>>
Giant Size X-Men #1 by Len Wein and Dave Cockrum then read Claremont's run starting with X-Men #94
>>
>>83432333
Ultimate Kitty, Storm, Jean, and Dazzler
>>
>>83433964
THIS

pretty much any X-book with Claremont's name on it.... until the early 90s when he first left
>>
>>83432237

I swear we have this thread 3 times per day, not complaining

The classic X-Men run is the one of Claremont, he made the X-Men the most popular comic book, created most characters and most classic stories, but his run lasted like 17 years, like 1975 to 1991 iirc, and it can be an overwhelming ammount of content.

If you want something more recent, read Morrison's New X-Men (the only thing you need to know is Emma Frost was a villain who became a hero in the 90s, but people still didnt trust her completely because of her past)
After that read Whedon's Astonishing X-Men

And after that read the House of M event, which is the moment in which Marvel decided to basically dump the X-Men for the Avengers as their biggest franchise in comics.

From House of M on, the Messiah CompleX event, Remember's X-Force, and Gillen's Uncanny X-Men are worth reading if you want team books. The Schism event, and the Avengers vs X-Men event are not great but necessary for understanding what happened.

BTW, user X-Anon is storytiming mid 80s Claremont X-Men right now, and plans on storytiming them till the present day.
there is a thread right now >>83397431
>>
do the cartoons tell the stroy well?
>>
>>83434508
the stories are loosely inspired, mainly, in the claremont run with obviously less violence.
Some obvious differences, Kitty Pryde never appears in the cartoon, Jean never dies, and the stories, based on comics from the 80s, have the team of the 90s, with no Nightcrawler and Colossus.

days of the future past in the cartoon has Bishop.
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.