[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Gotham Academy
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1
File: 1.jpg (807 KB, 1988x3056) Image search: [Google]
1.jpg
807 KB, 1988x3056
Binge read the other day. Where the hell are they going with this story? I mean, it was pretty good through the Robin War tie-in, but then we just got a bunch of random short stories for 5 issues.
>>
>>83427473
Pretty much padding until Second Semester starts I suppose.
>>
>>83427525
But 5 issues straight?
>>
>>83427473
This book was dead to me the instant it started pandering to Robin-fags.

Fuck Gotham Academy.
>>
>"This is Olive Silverlock, your main character"
>Only focus on her every 3-4 issues
>Last 1/3 of initial run is filler

Neat concept. Neat characters. Piss poor execution.
I don't know where it's going, but I hope to God it's better than where it's coming from.
>>
The artist left
>>
>>83428400
The problem is that DC wanted to relaunch the book with Rebirth but they couldn't put it on hiatus for that long or it would harm it in the long run. I'd have liked a proper filler arc though and not literally just short stories, but it probably allowed them to farm goodwill with those creators.

There's an annual in August that will bring it back to the main plot with Olive and her powers and shit and set up for when the real writers come back in September.
>>
>>83430098
Also the Lumberjanes crossover
>>
>>83430202
I hear it's being really rushed right now. I hope it turns out halfway decent.
>>
>>83427473
Funny thing is I heard this was suppose to only last 13 issues. But now there's a crossover and continuation second semester planned. Feels good.
>>
>>83428400
I can't get too mad, Maps becomes the MC.
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.