[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What is the most overrated Simpsons character?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 68
Thread images: 8
File: You_Only_Move_Twice_35.jpg (99 KB, 512x384) Image search: [Google]
You_Only_Move_Twice_35.jpg
99 KB, 512x384
I have to say, HANK. FREAKING. SCORPIO. Unfunny meme character.
>>
>>83421636
He's only there for a single episode.

And he was actually pretty funny.
>>
I think Bart's overrated. He's done nothing interesting lately.

Also Hank was funny, you're just in denial.
>>
Scorpio is fine, but not great or anything. Also not the biggest fan of Krusty.
>>
>>83421636
L I S A
I
S
A
>>
Homer. He seems to be the most commonly cited favorite character and he probably has more episodes centered around him than anyone else, but I prefer Lisa, Marge, and Bart to him. Especially when he is loud and obnoxious, overly wacky, or overly stupid. Even in the classic era when he tended to be characterized well, I still find Lisa, Marge, and Bart to be more interesting. I'm not saying that he isn't an interesting and great character himself, but I certainly don't think he is the best character.
>>
Nelson. I can't stand him.
>>
Apu's wife. She's just plain and boring despite all the episodes she's in.
>>
>>83421636
I don't think people view the character himself as the GOAT so much as the episode itself, he was just a fun feature of a great story.
>>
0 reading comprehension: The thread.
>>
>>83423129
0 reading comprehension: the post
>>
>>83422906
Nelson after Season 9, maybe even before that seems to become completely pointless.
>>
I'm assuming /co/ agrees that Ralph is and always has been the worst character
>>
>>83423806
I agree with Ralph - at least the version who's an excessively dumbed down, virtually-emotionless non-sequitur machine.
>>
>>83423806
No. Ralph is gold, so long as he isn't used too much.
>>
File: 1454441672325.jpg (64 KB, 671x1191) Image search: [Google]
1454441672325.jpg
64 KB, 671x1191
>>83422036
>lately
>watching zombie simpsons or anything pass season 9
>>
Most overrated Simpson family member: Homer

Most overrated Non-Simpson family member: Krusty the Clown, Sideshow Mel (i don't think he's featured much but he's boring) and probably every useless character voiced by a celebrity that doesn't provide anything good in the plot.
>>
Most overrated character is probably Moe or Krusty, especially the fact that Moe gets way too many episodes which are usually mediocre at best.
>>
>>83423806
Ralph's great. Tons better than Lisa. Lisa's the worst.
>>
Can you imagine what the would have done with Troy Mclure if Hartman hadn't died?
>>
>>83424095
They are both awful
>>
Krusty is overrated. He's funny in maybe about two episodes, and everything else is boring and contrived.
>>
>>83423981
The best family member can't be overrated. He's rated at the top spot, where he belongs, nothing "over' about it.
>>
>>83423806

Ralph is good in small doses like for one liners. He's only insufferable when they make him a focal point and we have to find him endearing or feel sorry for him cause he's a retard and people treat him like one. I hate that shit in cartoons where there's a character who's clearly retarded, fucks shit up cause "oops I didn't mean to", gets yelled at and then all of a sudden we're supposed to feel sorry for them and it turns the people in the right into assholes.
>>
Moe and Ralph Wiggum
>>
Groundskeeper Willie
>>
Professor Frink. Hank Azaria overdoes it with him since about Season 9.
>>
>27 posts
>12 posters

Nice sock puppeting, OP.
>>
>>83422341
As far I know, most viewers hate her so, how is she overrated?
>>
File: that_feel.jpg (35 KB, 680x871) Image search: [Google]
that_feel.jpg
35 KB, 680x871
>>83424263
>That Valentine's day episode
>>
Overrated by the fans or overrated by the the writers? Anyway, I vote for Lisa.
>>
Jessica Lovejoy. I rewatched The Bart Wants What It Wants and believe me, that's a far superior Bart girlfriend episode.
>>
>>83425333
Who the fug overrates Lisa? As far as I know, Lisa consistently tops the list of most hated and irritating Simpsons characters of all time. Even her classic season characterization takes heat for being unfunny somehow, which I don't understand at all.
>>
File: Karl.png (62 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
Karl.png
62 KB, 500x500
This faggot.
>>
File: 1464307297789.jpg (177 KB, 710x888) Image search: [Google]
1464307297789.jpg
177 KB, 710x888
>>83426057
Early seasons Lisa where she was the heart of the family but also slightly unhinged and neurotic was best

then she was just laaaaaame
>>
Sherri and Terri. They are not terrible, but sometimes (especially in the newer episodes) just really fucking piss me off.
>>
>>83421636
>OP didn't get the football team he wanted the thread
>>
>>83426317
Who really likes S&T anyway?
>>
>>83426417
Fanartists, but other than that, not much.
>>
>>83426317
This would be the correct answer if anyone anywhere rated them whatsoever
>>
>>83422036
Classic season Bart is my favorite character but I agree he's been shit since Season 11. I also dislike how Nancy has voiced him post-classic seasons; he lost that bratty intonation he used to have and became increasingly whiny.
>>
>Ctrl+F
>Milhouse
>no results

Well good for that because he's one of the few characters who's never not been funny (except Days of Future Future, that finally broke his heretofore perfect record).

The writers overrate Lisa and the fans overrate Moe IMO. Last season's Moe episodes got 4 and 5 stars on AV Club when they were just okay.
>>
File: MILF of the century.png (365 KB, 343x407) Image search: [Google]
MILF of the century.png
365 KB, 343x407
>>83422341
Hey now, I like Lisa Lisa.
>>
Modern era Lisa. Nagging crybaby and obsessive environmentalist.
>>
It seems like most Simpsons fans outside of maybe NoHomers hate Lisa.
>>
>>83421636
He was so beloved that he got his own Xbox code name after him.
>>
I'd call modern Lisa overhated if anything
>>
>>83423150
0 reading comprehension: the response
>>
>>83428852
I like Lisa when she's acting like a kid. Unfortunately ever since the first season the writers clearly write her as their self-insert. She's everything grown-up nerds remember being when they were kids.
>>
>>83429040
Yeah as always, people over-exaggerate the flaws, which are there to be sure but not as prevalent as people say.
>>
>>83421760
this
>>
Bart. Plain and simple.
>>
>>83425722
You've got to be kidding me. BG is one of the gems of classic Simpsons and Jessica was 10x better of a character than Greta. Greta was just obnoxious and Reese's voice acting was quite poor compared to the masterful job that Meryl did with Jessica.
>>
>>83423970
I like seasons 10-12, fuck you
>>
>>83426272
I remember how at the begging she wasn't even "gifted" smart, she was just one of those kids that spent their evenings reading instead of playing with others
>>
>>83430445
Get off of /co/, Mike Scully's nephew.
>>
Better discussion: What's the most underrated character?

I'll have to pick Delroy Lindo as Gabriel. His voice was such a delight to listen to and the character was hilarious. One of the few later great uses of a guest star.
>>
Mindy Simmons, no doubt. I really like the route in which they went with the character (and the episode), showing us that she was indeed a better match personality-wise for Homer, without making her a one-dimensional "villain" of the episode. Also, Michelle Pfeiffer.
>>
In general I'm not a fan of one-off characters because 22 minutes just isn't enough time to flesh them out properly. In most movies, it takes half the film on average to fully develop a character while novels take on average 4-5 chapters.

It's a testament to how good the Simpsons writers were in the show's prime that they could develop one-offs as much as they did. They aren't underrated, but Lurleen Lumpkin (in Colonel Homer; that Zombie Simpsons episode with her doesn't exist as far as I'm concerned), Mindy Simmons, Jessica Lovejoy, Hank Scorpio, and many others. What made the classic seasons great is that they could develop one-offs without detracting from the show's main cast too much. Since Zombie Simpsons writers are not near the same level of competence, they often end up leaving episodes imbalanced. For example, in episodes like Luca$, they wanted to keep most focus on the main cast leaving Lucas with very little development. Diggs is the exact opposite; he received more than adequate development as a character at the expense of the main characters. There was too much of Diggs and not enough of his relationship with Bart.
>>
>>83433125
Yeah that's why I never cared much for Life In The Fast Lane since it was obvious that Jacques didn't give a shit about anything but his dick and Mindy at least cared enough to not force herself on Homer.
>>
>>83432732
Underrated:

Ed and Lou
Kearney
Edna Krabappel
Hans Moleman

Overrated:

Sideshow Bob
Ralph Wiggum
Abe Simpson
>>
Tab Spangler, Goose Gladwell and Nikki McKenna stuck out as a few non-classic one time characters I thought were pretty good.
>>
>>83433486
yeah same here also like her much more than Marge.

it's nice that they didn't portray Mindy as a stereotypical villain/seductress and instead just a girl who had a lot in common with Homer.
>>
>>83421636
Nigga you crazy.

I'd love a boss like Hank Scorpio. Evil mastermind or not, he'd get an invite to any social gathering my family would host.
>>
>>83421636
Cat Lady, she was good for one joke.
Sideshow Mel
Disco Stu
>>
File: Scorpio.png (153 KB, 224x294) Image search: [Google]
Scorpio.png
153 KB, 224x294
>>83422341
>>
Sideshow Bob.
>>
File: image.jpg (22 KB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
22 KB, 480x360
most underrated character coming through
Thread replies: 68
Thread images: 8

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.