[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
/swco/ - Star Wars Comics & Cartoons
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 145
File: 3PunishedO.png (2 MB, 1140x1272) Image search: [Google]
3PunishedO.png
2 MB, 1140x1272
The Sins Never Die Edition

>Upcoming Releases:
http://www.swbooks.net/updates/release-2016.htm

>Out This Week:
Poe Dameron #3
Darth Vader #21
Droids and Ewoks (Graphic Novel)

>Star Wars Canon Guide:
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1t1KovH_1GYLDTAe3yrleeWiuzwulm670o_anQqr5Rcg/pubhtml

>Download links: (Check here for new Rebels Episodes + Books, Comics, Films, etc)
http://pastebin.com/nWsKtSya (embed)

>The Clone Wars Legacy Content:
http://www.starwars.com/tv-shows/the-clone-wars-legacy
>>
>complaining about a movie you haven't seen getting changed

I really don't get it. How do you know it isn't for the best?
>>
I archived the reddit thread
http://archive.is/5Msmj
>>
File: 677.gif (3 MB, 231x263) Image search: [Google]
677.gif
3 MB, 231x263
Daily reminder that Ahsoka is best waifu
>>
File: 1459298690605.jpg (135 KB, 1100x747) Image search: [Google]
1459298690605.jpg
135 KB, 1100x747
Reminder that the canon guide needs updating.

Bloodlines and C3PO were released. Obi Wan and anakin is now finished. TFA comic has an official cover. Battlefront II was announced. Adventures in Wild Space was released. The Rogue One comic was canceled.
>>
ROGUE ONE TRIPLE CONFIRMED FOR SHIT
>>
File: 1463982428652.jpg (333 KB, 765x1154) Image search: [Google]
1463982428652.jpg
333 KB, 765x1154
>>83420885
I agree.
>>
>>83420852
Because based on speculation, it's straying from the original vision that I was looking forward to.
>>
So I'm reading bloodline and loving it but I have one question. What world does Leia represent in the Senate? I can't remember if it was mentioned and I just skimmed over it.
>>
>>83420877
What is this? Was it confirmed true?
>>
>>83420885
I'd rather a Shaak Ti myself, but that's just me
>>
>>83420908
40%
>>
File: padmecry.png (170 KB, 289x465) Image search: [Google]
padmecry.png
170 KB, 289x465
>>83420798
IT'S BABY TIME
IT'S BABY TIME
>>
>>83420930
>speculation
You don't have to believe every rumor you hear. Act on what you know 100%.
>>
>>83420933
It doesn't get mentioned in the book. Pablo said, on twitter, that she represents the Alderaan System. That means, all the planets that were in the system along with Alderaan that let Alderaan be the main seat in the Senate for them prior to it's being blown up.
>>
>>83420983
I don't believe every rumor I hear. I don't normally believe or pay attention to speculation before a film is released. And I will still judge the film on the final product that is in the theater.

But that does not change my position that if these production changes are taking place, I am not getting the war movie that I was led to believe.
>>
>>83420950
Ahsoka and Shaak Ti are top-tier waifus.
>>
>>83421089
>Disney still advertises it as a war film
Heh.
>>
>>83421089
No it doesn't, we still don't know for sure what they're changing about it. What they're changing about it IS the speculation.
>>
>>83421038
I guess that makes sense, I suppose there isn't really another world she could represent. I wonder what these other planets are like. It seems most star systems in starwars have one major planet and the rest are shitty moons and small planets filled with rocks and beasts. Thanks anyway anon
>>
>>83420983
That's what's troubling, though. We know for a fact that there's extensive reshoots- the reasoning and just how much is being reshot is in question and it depends on whether or not those sources can be believed, but just the fact that there's significant reshooting this later in the year, with a release date in December that's apparently still in place- is very troubling.
>>
File: CX7UNxNW8AAaG5r.jpg (49 KB, 600x592) Image search: [Google]
CX7UNxNW8AAaG5r.jpg
49 KB, 600x592
>>83420852
There has been a lot of films over the past years that turned into shit because the higher ups interfered with them half way through production or at last minute. From what I heard they did the same with TFA too. It also doesn't help that Disney has made a lot of bad decisions regarding Star Wars so it's completely understandable for people to be worried.
>>
>>83421038
Still seems iffy that she'd have lost her senate seat due to the revelation. I mean sure the people in that system will be pissed to learn she's Vader's daughter but given the revelation was a recording from Bail basically saying, "I'm so glad we kept you from Sith Hitler, baby girl, you were the best thing in our life and you're super awesome!" The narrative was about how she hid being Vader's daughter, but in reality how hard was it to realize her being hidden from Vader was just one more awesome thing that Bail did? Assuming her record speaks for itself and she's done right by the worlds she represents, aren't they more likely to still see her as the daughter of Bail, rescued as a baby, rather than as Vader's daughter? None of them have ever played up Vader's redemption or even mentioned it outside their circle so as far as the official record is they iced their own dad to save them all, then proceeded to be awesome people.

Shit this feels like a rant. Oh well, end of the day it is what it is for the sake of the story TFA handed us. And frankly I think even if people had stood by her Leia was still just as likely to go rogue and form the Resistance. It lets her get shit down without worrying that her actions falls on the Republic.
>>
>>83421212
I hadn't heard that they were particularly extensive. Where'd you hear that?
>>
>>83421119
I never said they did. They most certainly are not. But that's what I hoped I was getting.

>>83421141
>No it doesn't
It doesn't what?

>What they're changing about it IS the speculation.
And with the speculated parts they are changing makes me continuously question whatever the end result will be.
>>
>>83421212
Assuming the scenes don't have to involve too much CG being replaced with some other CG, the scenes should be relatively easy to edit into the version of the film that was already shown and warranted the reshoots. My only concern is the CG having to be remade from scratch, making the people cut corners and bring down what they envisioned because they couldn't render something in time.
>>
>>83421247
>From what I heard
What have you heard? And maybe more importantly, where did you hear it?
>>
File: 1460045656249.jpg (24 KB, 392x411) Image search: [Google]
1460045656249.jpg
24 KB, 392x411
Leaked footage of the new reshoots https://youtu.be/uQxrdkdg6Xo?t=3m46s
>>
>>83421253
It's not about Bail. It's not about the Alderaan system wanting her out of the senate seat. It's about every other senator in the damn senate being mad at Leia for hiding something so big from them, and just for the fact that she is blood-related to the second worst person in the galaxy in recent history. I know it sounds dumb and hard to understand, but people actually hate people because of who their parents are and they associate all the sins of the parent with the child/ren just for being Space Hitler's kids. it doesn't matter how much effort and sacrifice the person put into the galaxy on their own right, because it all comes crumbling down when their heritage comes to light.
>>
File: 1448778560887.png (40 KB, 464x310) Image search: [Google]
1448778560887.png
40 KB, 464x310
If you think a TV-7 show like Rebels can get pretty dark with most of its deaths being implied/cut away from, then you should be ok with a PG-13 Rogue One being one step above Rebels in gratuitous violence.
>>
>>83421260
It doesn't mean that you're not getting the war movie.

>the speculated parts
There's that word again: speculated.

All I'm saying is that you guess could afford to worry less.
>>
>>83420877
>He's had a change of heart at some point and has left the Death Star with a very small vulnerability, but a vulnerability nonetheless.

Fuck yes. Fillin' in those literal plotholes.
>>
>>83421495
It's happened in reality plenty of times. It's hardly a plot hole.
>>
>>83421421
It's Disney.

They have a track record of hiding the fact that they're capable of some pretty fucked up shit.
>>
>>83421256
It's everywhere, anon. It's been confirmed that they're spending expensive reshoots, longer than they spent on reshoots for TFA.
>>
>>83421421
>then you should be ok with a PG-13 Rogue One being one step above Rebels in gratuitous violence.
A movie is not a TV show on a network for a younger demographic, especially when it's original describe as a war movie.

>>83421422
If one film is bad my life isn't over. I'm not losing sleep over it.
>>
>>83421555
What? A large space station the size of a planet having a tiny hole that could blow it up? Oh yeah, I'm sure that's happened many times throughout history.
>>
>>83421410
They didn't even get as far as the Alderaan System, which wasn't even mentioned. It was about how her fellows in the senate were behaving. At most the book said she was unlikely to be reelected.

It's easy to see her bid for First Senator was toast given she'd become too divisive. Though curiously the Centrists seemed like they hated her more, and given how they were acting to Casterfo you think Leia's stock would go UP in their estimates.

It seems odd given Mon Mothma and Ackbar, celebrated figures, only gave her their trust in private. No public statements of support, and then the Elder Families actually trusted her enough to boot that one woman out.

It especially seems odd given how the narrative of the nu canon acts like the Rebellion is somehow reached mythical standing, so I'm not even sure how many people even know about what happened back then. Star Wars people have VERY short term memories. Must be midi-chlorians rotting the brain.
>>
>>83421256
40%
8 WEEKS
>>
>>83421624
>It seems odd given Mon Mothma and Ackbar, celebrated figures, only gave her their trust in private.
Mothma is sick and Ackbar is living the retired life; they had no need to step into the spot light and show Leia support just to get public buzz for themselves.

> the Elder Families actually trusted her enough to boot that one woman out.
She literally broke the law of that planet and that got her booted out, not because the people believed in Leia.
>>
>>83421681
See, this is what's bugging me. /tv/ is so fucking obsessed with seeing things fail.
>>
Christopher McQuarrie doing the screenplay and directing gives me hope.

If what they're doing is taking the battles in Rogue One from Saving Private Ryan down to Edge of Tomorrow then I'd still be ok with it.

https://youtu.be/XG43pr8wE_w?t=17
>>
>>83421743
What the hell are you on about? Stop with your /tv/ boogeyman. Difference of opinion doesn't mean there's a 24/7 board raid.
>>
>>83421820
40% isn't an opinion, it's an idiot shouting a number.

"I didn't like the movie" or "I don't think that it'll be good" is an opinion.
>>
>tripfag is here to shit up another thread
I thought we left this in the last thread.
>>
>>83421897
You could filter me.
>>
>>83421733
Not like it's that hard for her friends in the Rebellion to publicly support her. Ackbar actually believed in her enough that he joined her cause.

Leia in the book actually says that she convinced the Elder Families, as she's the one who presented charges and evidence. They didn't even bother to hear the other woman out or allow her a chance to explain how Ransolm could have gotten the message. They took Leia's side in that, unequivocally.

And that's really the point. Leia leaves, supposedly in disgrace, and not only takes political allies with her but also MILITARY assets just join her camp. The NR even meets with Leia's emissaries. Leia is operating an independent military faction, and based on TFA it's supported by the New Republic instead of being labelled as outlaws, criminals, mercenaries, malcontents, secret Vader worshipping fascists.

Now that is a HUGE thing, anon. Leia, no matter what the book presents, left because the NR wasn't doing what needed to be done and she's STILL supported and trusted to be doing what she's doing. I suppose we'll have to see how Episode VIII may show otherwise. Rian did have input on the novel.
>>
>>83421897
>thinking that people just stay in the last thread only
Are you dumb?
>>
>>83421964
I guess I'll just filter him.
>>
File: 1445601310155.gif (2 MB, 272x204) Image search: [Google]
1445601310155.gif
2 MB, 272x204
>>83421617
Shows how much you know about history.
>>
>>83422001
Why not just filter him?
>>
I have a quick question about Bloodline. Leia left for form the Resistance when the First Order was still hidden even from her. So did she really decide to reform something like the Rebel Alliance just to fight mobsters and slavers? She basically just wanted to fight crime?

Because that's pretty awesome.
>>
>>83422619
>Leia wanted to be a Vigilante but the universe didn't let her
>>
>>83422619

Its implied that Leia found out about Carise Sindian's allegiances and realized that the First Order has infiltrated the New Republic.
>>
File: 8iE8yaSWS8Rx.jpg (95 KB, 635x497) Image search: [Google]
8iE8yaSWS8Rx.jpg
95 KB, 635x497
>>83422676
I can absolutely see Carrie Fisher turning to her dog and saying, "Shit, boy, let's fight crime!"

Cue: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1jgE-lrfZ3k
>>
>>83422733
And then it's cut short because every time she saves someone she complains about her weight
>>
>>83422697
I didn't get that at all. It did, however, make it clear that Sindian was planning on a secession movement among Centrist worlds, but the book never got that far. Just when this was revealed Leia came to deliver the news that the woman had lost her royal titles. If anything the fact that that was the last we heard of the matter implied that the secession plans died with that woman's heart on learning she was no longer royal. It probably didn't but as far as the book was concerned nothing actually happened with the First Order.
>>
>>83422183
True. Chateau-Gaillard, one of the most impregnable fortress of the Middle Age, fell because some idiot thought it was a good idea to add a shitter next to the chapel.
>>
>>83421897
>select tab
>makes all users anonymous

The only person hurting here is you.
>>
File: 3776463727.jpg (32 KB, 400x329) Image search: [Google]
3776463727.jpg
32 KB, 400x329
>>83420798
>>
While we're talking about Bloodline was anyone else surprised when Leia was giving her speech at the end about how they would be outside the law from now on, I half expected her to finish with, "Now who wants to help me stage a prison break?"

Just their version of the Boston Tea Party. Everyone dresses as Ubese bounty hunters, all weapons on stun.
>>
>>83423163
But that was the Middle Age. This right here is Sheev Motherlovin' Palpatine we're talking about.
>>
>>83422733
That could be interesting.

Have there been any superheroes who do so to fuel their coke addiction?
>>
>>83423745
We were talking about history. Sheev was just like all those drunk fat bastards that thought their fortress was unbeatable and then they got raped and murdered by barbarians.
>>
>>83423185
Put your trip back on faggot.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L1rM9LYcRWw
just like muh american politiks
>>
We have enough for a mid level raid in GOH. Should we start a level 3 or 4 raid? Some of the new, low level members were complaining. If we want to keep the new recruits we should probably launch a fight.
>>
>>83420877
>Possibly reducing the visceral horror of a Normandy scene
I would have liked that but get why you'd want to tone that down for a PG-13 movie. The idea they're going to ruin a Vader Boogieman sequence though is infuriating unless they're just like trying to remove shown bisections or something, which I also would get for the rating. But if it is just to tone the spook down I am disappointed.
>>
>>83424295
Let's do a lv.3. The more people who can get involved, the better.

Also...
>Assault misssion
>Clones/Rebels only
Oh boy...
>>
>>83424184
Hey, that's pretty good.
>>
>>83424563
Might have to start farming for Fives. Who isn't bad anyway, I've just been working on 7*ing my Jedi and primary team. He's pretty annoying to fight. Damn durable, doesn't hit hard but with his 70% counter he is a HUGE pain in the ass in GW just because he can slowly fuck up your entire team as you work to kill his ass. He's fast enough he can often come out of stun before your entire team has a go at him.
>>
>>83424695
He's a decent tank, I'll admit...

...and after getting wrecked in the event, I'll be sitting this one out. Didn't see the 'lv78+ recommended' until it was too late.
>>
>>83424784
Ouch. I can't even get in to check it out and even see what the potential rewards are.
>>
>>83425019
First clear drops:
-1 mil credits
-5 Magma/Snow/Stormtrooper shards
-3 Tarkin/Veers/RG shards
-4 5-star training droids

Potential rewards for clearing include credits, more Empire shards, and gear material
>>
>>83424184
But Leia is royal blood.
>>
>>83425201
Neat. Wish I could give it a try, though sounds like it's a real nerfbuster.

>>83425210
Not really sure how that works with elected royalty, but obviously as far as Naboo was concerned she was the beloved daughter of their world just to judge from the spectacle of her funeral.

Hell, I wouldn't be surprised if they'd been the ones to elect Leia to the senate given she saved the planet. Still makes sense that there are other inhabited worlds in the Alderaan system.
>>
>>83425440
I was hoping in the new canon Luke and Leia would discover their parentage. Even if they arent royalty they would be Naboo nobles. Padme's family would embrace them with open arms but they squandered so much potential
>>
File: 1459999335672.jpg (46 KB, 747x686) Image search: [Google]
1459999335672.jpg
46 KB, 747x686
>>83420885
Daily reminder that the true best waifu is dead

And it's not Ahsoka
>>
>>83426215
JJ would have never approved.

I don't think Padme's family has ever officially been introduced. Did they have any scenes filmed with them that made it into the blu ray?
>>
>>83426381
Their deleted scenes were on the Attack of the Clone DVD release and they were part of the funeral procession in Sith.
>>
>>83426430
>they were part of the funeral procession in Sith
This is true. Still I don't know if they'd ever do that. Which is odd given Padme's family is the only extended family they know of, since we don't know if Shmi Skywalker had any distant relatives. Or I guess the Lars family sort of counts. Pretty sure they'd want nothing to do with either twin, but Padme's kin are blood related.

Sadly though I can't see them ever doing it. Maybe, MAYBE Filoni. But he'd probably just make a member of Luke's Jedi Order who turns out to be a Naberrie and who of course ends up dying along with the rest of his order. And probably a her, voiced by the same actress who did Padme in TCWs, and she'd be total waifu material. The madman.
>>
File: muh3dwaifu.gif (953 KB, 500x200) Image search: [Google]
muh3dwaifu.gif
953 KB, 500x200
>>83426251
>>
>>83426962
In the old Expanded Universe, the little girl in those scenes grew up to be a Naboo senator and became friends with Leia in the Imperial Senate and was a Rebel sympathizer. They didn't find out they were cousins until well after the events of Return of the Jedi.

Could see them possibly doing something with that.
>>
>>83427314
They almost certainly couldn't under JJ (no clue what that guy's beef with the Prequels was, like he removed the podracer flags so they'd have their "own stuff" but didn't replace them with anything) but he's not involved anymore.
>>
>>83427449
I almost wonder if he did it as a favor to Simon Pegg. Pegg wasn't just cast as Unkar Plutt, he was involved in the writer's room to some extent. And he's probably the most vocal prequel hater celebrity out there.
>>
>>83427721
That's weird. Pegg actually voiced Dengar in TCWs, he was willing to work in a Prequel Era cartoon headed by Lucas.
>>
>>83427922
Well he got to be a character from Empire, which like every prequel hater, is his favorite
>>
File: e9i2TzT.jpg (17 KB, 574x157) Image search: [Google]
e9i2TzT.jpg
17 KB, 574x157
>>
>>83428063
What did he mean by this?
>>
>>83428092
At first I thought he was calling out MSW but the "you know where to find me" and "do your jobs" seems weird
>>
>>83428155
Yeah what's that about?
>>
>>83428063
It begins
>>
>>83428026
I've not had a very high opinion of Pegg since his whole science fiction is causing adults to become "infantilised" BS. Bit hypocritical given he's made his money and his rep on (very light) sci-fi. I mean if he thinks what JJ did to Star Trek and Star Wars is the GOOD kind of sci-fi, hell, the zombies already ate his brain.

I've got this bad mental image of his sitting in a room with JJ saying, "We'll just copy the OT, nobody will notice. It'll be great."
>>
wait what the fuck happened with rogue one? Ive been in the dark

Can someone explain this to me?
>>
>>83428482
It's going back for reshoots, which in of itself is not bad since every major Hollywood movie plans for reshoots. The uncertain thing is what they are reshooting and why.
>>
>>83428482
It's suddenly going for a bunch of reshoots. Insiders say it's because Disney wasn't happy with the movie and want to make it more lighthearted.
>>
>>83428530
>>83428518
fug
>>
>>83420886
I'm working on it anon, I've been redoing it from the ground up to make it easier on the eyes.
>>
>>83428482
If you want to believe MSW, Chris McQuarrie's script was better than what was shot so they're reshooting with his script instead of what they had
>>
>>83428530
For better or worse I think a lot of people in Hollywood got nervous about that after Batkiller v Murderman.

Jokes aside when Batman and Superman fail to sell a movie and the critics are all complaining about how dark and gritty it was, I can imagine Disney feeling nervous about that.

I know a lot of people here were wanting to see a grim war movie but Star Wars does have a reputation for being all-ages and being lighter, not overly bloodthirsty. I think they're seriously worried parents might take their kids to it and come running out pissed as hell. Not good PR.

But who knows. I certainly don't have a clue what's going on. We're all just guessing and posting every rumor we can find at the moment.
>>
>>83428518
>>83428530
>>83428577

You forgot 40% of the movie is going through a reshoot in effort to make it more like "classic" Star Wars. Disney feels like TFA was the highest of the high. I think even JJ is working as a consultant for the reshoots. I didn't have high hopes for R1 but this proves a lot what we were afraid of. Executive meddling to hell.
>>
>>83428838
I still can't get over that FORTY PERCENT of the movie is being redone
What the FUCK did you do?
>>
>>83427721
>And he's probably the most vocal prequel hater celebrity out there.

Oh god, the comments section is golden.

http://www.cinemablend.com/new/Simon-Pegg-Blunt-Opinion-Star-Wars-Prequel-Fans-93467.html

You know, they have a point how the Prequels, for however much they failed, were still light years better than the Nu Trek flicks Pegg and his pal JJ were part of. Far more respectful of the source material, too.
>>
>>83428933
Are we even sure about that number or is that just another of the rumors? Frankly though no matter what the studio won't tell us the unbiased truth, so I guess we're just stuck with rumors for now.
>>
>>83428933
IF MSW is right, they probably shot the script that they had before they got McQuarrie as a script doctor, saw that it wasn't working for whatever reason, and are now reshooting with McQuarrie's script.

Shit's all hearsay anyway so who cares.
>>
>>83428933
Apparently JJ or Disney or both watched what they had and responded with http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?p=8954504#edit8954504
So now they have to redo almost half the film
>>
>>83429023
Might be true. I mean my first instinct is that they should have just delayed filming a few months until they had the script but, frankly, hindsight is 20/20 and how would they know the script would be superior if it wasn't done when they were filming?
>>
>>83429102
>Wrong link
Whoops. There goes that joke. Fuck
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LEhACMnttJ8
>>
>>83429117
Who really knows?

>Christopher McQuarrie’s draft of Rogue One: A Star Wars Story was considered superior to the film they shot previously.
>It was not Edwards’ fault as McQuarrie’s draft wasn’t completed when much of the film was shot and revisions kept coming in that made the film feel uneven.
>>
>>83429102
these people post exactly how i imagine star wars dweebs do
adorable
>>
>>83420798
Anyone drawn a Punish C-3P0?
>>
>>83429236
Bruh, doughnuts are sureus busnuss
>>
>>83428838
>40%
What the fuck? What did I miss? Where was this said?
>>
>>83429382
http://makingstarwars.net/2016/06/how-extensive-will-the-rogue-one-reshoots-be/
>>
File: 1451631588912.png (253 KB, 540x540) Image search: [Google]
1451631588912.png
253 KB, 540x540
>>83429241
>>
>>83429489
STANDING
>>
File: Fod.png (306 KB, 546x514) Image search: [Google]
Fod.png
306 KB, 546x514
>>83428838
>40%
I didn't know it was this bad
>>
File: 1451630042625.jpg (129 KB, 1024x820) Image search: [Google]
1451630042625.jpg
129 KB, 1024x820
>>83429512
ON THE EDGE
>>
File: Stop, my invisible son.png (299 KB, 481x285) Image search: [Google]
Stop, my invisible son.png
299 KB, 481x285
>>83429585
OF THE CRATER
>>
>>83428659
Seriously? The current layout is perfect.

What exactly are you changing?
>>
File: 1451630252747.png (2 MB, 1800x1440) Image search: [Google]
1451630252747.png
2 MB, 1800x1440
>>83429676
LIKE THE PROPHETS ONCE SAID
>>
File: See you in your dreams.png (320 KB, 399x325) Image search: [Google]
See you in your dreams.png
320 KB, 399x325
>>83429827
AND THE ASHES
ARE ALL COLD NOW
>>
>>83429774
Updating pictures, simplifying text, also using a grey background instead of black this time, some people said the white text on black was grating to look at. Also, the filesize is going to be a lot smaller and easier to manage.

This is just for the image Guide though. The spreadsheet in the OP isn't changing much, I just need to bring it a little up to date.
>>
File: metal gear threepio.png (627 KB, 456x630) Image search: [Google]
metal gear threepio.png
627 KB, 456x630
>>83429880
NO MORE BULLETS
AND THE EMBERS ARE DEAD
>>
>>83429918
Oh okay cool. I was worried you were overhauling it like you tried to do earlier this year. I really like the way things are currently formatted
>>
>>83429441
Wasn't MSW wrong about as much TFA shit as they were right about if not more?
>>
>>83430019
No, for the most part, the format is unchanged. Not much reason to change it. I'm actually nearly done with it, will probably post it later this thread.
>>
>>83430052
It's impossible to tell for certain. There's stuff that definitely didn't happen but I've seen people claim that this was early stuff intended to show up but didn't.

The only one I'm aware of, however, is the bit about the severed hand holding a lightsaber was eventually corroborated by Mark Hamill as being in the early versions he'd read. This of course being Luke's hand and lightsaber from Bespin and the hand burns up descending into Jakku leaving only the saber.
>>
File: Punished 3po.jpg (27 KB, 180x257) Image search: [Google]
Punished 3po.jpg
27 KB, 180x257
>>83429963
WHISPERS
IN THE AIR
>>
>>83423745
>This right here is Sheev Motherlovin' Palpatine we're talking about.

....Who did not design the weapon.

Morons, I swear...
>>
Why are you morons so scared about them reshooting and probably fixing the movie? Apparently, they are doing this because they want to use Christopher McQuarrie's script. You know, that's the guy who wrote The Usual Suspects.

If anything, that means the movie is going to be better than it would've been.
>>
File: 1460691318718.jpg (542 KB, 1536x864) Image search: [Google]
1460691318718.jpg
542 KB, 1536x864
>>83430478
TELL THE TALES
OF THE BROTHERS GONE
>>
>>83430592
I just want my war movie. And speculation that major changes are going on that may lead to a change in tone is not what I want in the least.
>>
>>83430726
Then you'll have to find it in another franchise.
>>
>>83430726
Do you not realize that this was just baseless speculation from trash sites. Also, they wouldn't reshoot 40% of the film just to change the tone. That's ridiculous. It's probably because the script was horrible and McQuarrie convinced them to use his superior script instead.
>>
>>83430592
McQuarrie's tweet seems to imply that this isn't true
>>
>>83430786
And that's not what I was pitched to me, nor was it the vision of the production staff. That's not "fixing" the movie or making it any better.
>>
>>83430856
I do realize that it is unsourced speculation. We'll see what the film ends up like at release. But I do not want the tone change, nor to I want negative corporate meddling.
>>
>>83430862
What tweet?
>>
>>83430872
And you aren't entitled to it just because the idea of it was pitched, in a closed semi-public meeting, well before the movie even began being filmed. You should not expect a movie to be 100% what you hear of it before filming even begins, over a year later when it finally hits theaters.
>>
>>83430592
>Why are you morons so scared
I'm afraid of the executive meddling. This is what makes Marvel so boring. Iron Man 2, Iron Man 3, The Avengers, The Avengers 2, Ant-Man the list goes on. The studio wants to make money and the film suffers from it. Look at fantastic 4 and Batman vs Superman
>>
>>83430963

>>83428063
>>
>>83431047
Isn't that just saying that bloggers should stop posting rumours and actually ask someone involved what's going on?
>>
>>83431101
Mostly, though he wouldn't go out of his way to say he's reading a lot of horseshit if he wasn't reading rumors he knew weren't true, and the only ones that pertain directly to him are that they're reshooting with his script and that he's personally directing the reshoots. So one or both of those is apparently untrue.
>>
>>83431031
>And you aren't entitled
>entitled
This isn't an entitlement issue. I don't feel like I deserve anything.

I fail to see why it's wrong for me to dislike a possible change of direction for the film. If a product says it's aiming to do one thing and it does the opposite, I'm allowed to dislike it.
>>
>>83431033
>Batman vs Superman

That was all Zack "Attack" Snyder bby
>>
File: punished c3po.jpg (20 KB, 600x349) Image search: [Google]
punished c3po.jpg
20 KB, 600x349
>>83430638

DESOLATION,

DEVASTATION
>>
File: 1451635066064.png (654 KB, 630x630) Image search: [Google]
1451635066064.png
654 KB, 630x630
>>83431340
WHAT A MESS WE MADE
WHEN IT ALL WENT WRONG
>>
>>83431418

WATCHING FROM THE EDGE
OF THE CIRCUS,

FOR THE GAMES TO BEGIN
>>
>>83431340
>>83431418
>>83431638
This meme got old in December
>>
>>83431730
Memes never die
>>
>>83431743
They just outlive their welcome.
>>
File: c-3p0 is done with captain solo.png (141 KB, 332x187) Image search: [Google]
c-3p0 is done with captain solo.png
141 KB, 332x187
>>83431638
GLADIATORS DRAW THEIR SWORDS

FROM THEIR RANKS FOR ARMAGEDDON
>>
>>83431795

I"M NUCLEAR, I"M WILD

I"M BREAKING UP INSIDE
>>
File: 1456374816674.jpg (19 KB, 500x375) Image search: [Google]
1456374816674.jpg
19 KB, 500x375
>>83431854
A HEART OF BROKEN GLASS, DEFILED

DEEP INSIDE, THE ABANDONED CHILD
>>
File: tumblr_nzdxmitsxS1rgbqq5o1_1280.jpg (422 KB, 1220x1584) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_nzdxmitsxS1rgbqq5o1_1280.jpg
422 KB, 1220x1584
who play here

I know it's more of a /tg/ question, but I was just curious.
>>
>>83432047
I've love to try some of the Star Wars games but can never find anyone interested. I'm not a regular but I lurk the /tg/ threads now and then. Some good people there, and more than a little crossover between the threads, though some hate us. Anyway they make it sound like fun.
>>
Man, there's some real high quality production shit that goes into the new Star Wars audiobooks.
...even if the writing may not be entirely up to par.
>>
>>83432408
Have you tried Roll20?

Lots of games on there to play if you have a mic and maybe a webcam.
>>
>>83432429
I wish there were Star Wars radio dramas already.
>>
>>83432449
I do have an account there but I've never gotten around to using it. I'll have to give it a try, thanks!
>>
>>83432478
The audiobooks are pretty nice about it, but I've got to admit I do love the old radio dramas. Still never finished the Kyle Katarn ones. One of these days when I'm finally caught up with my reading...
>>
>>83432429
>>83432478
If you don't mind comedy, with a little bit of drama sprinkled in, the Campaign Podcast is my jam right now. A bunch of improv comedians play this:
>>83432047
It's really great. And there's already lots of gay fanart. Where can you go wrong?
>>
>>83432478

>Star Wars radio dramas

Thats a beautiful idea. If had them, we could go full on vintage Space-Fantasy opera.
>>
File: tumblr_o7p3gd8j7N1r4ib98o1_1280.png (1000 KB, 1280x1531) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_o7p3gd8j7N1r4ib98o1_1280.png
1000 KB, 1280x1531
>>83432621
>>
>just read A New Dawn
God dammit, this is probably super autistic, but I can't get over this
>the author uses "a breath of pure oxygen" in a positive sense
>Pure oxygen is toxic
>>
File: 04302014starwars.jpg (131 KB, 640x361) Image search: [Google]
04302014starwars.jpg
131 KB, 640x361
>>83432478
>I wish there were Star Wars radio dramas already.
You've never heard the old Star Wars radio programs? Lucas was pretty damn kind at the time, did them through NPR. Let them use the sound effects, all the stuff.

Hamill did Luke for some of them. Brock Peters was Vader. Billy Dee Williams is in them. Oh and John Lithgow as Yoda. Yeah. Almost as weird as Ed Begley, Jr. playing Boba Fett.

They've got a bunch of extended scenes like Luke building his lightsaber in Return of the Jedi. Supposedly Lucas felt these were actually canon, at least insofar as they didn't contradict the movies, but whether they ever were or not they certainly aren't after Disney.

They used to be on youtube but looks like those were nuked due to copyright claims.
>>
>>83433225
Hey man I keep bitching about Bloodline, it's all good. Vent it, don't keep it pent up.
>>
>>83433225
I just finished it yesterday. I thought it was okay. But I didn't like how it was written compared to Tarkin.

>tfw I wanted to punch Sloane in the fucking face
>>
>>83433604
The writing wasn't terrible by any means, it just wasn't particularly good.
The plot was as bland as can be though.
>Evil empire guy (who is introduced in this book) is doing evil empire stuff
>Gotta stop him
>yay we stopped him
>and then he dies a karma-tic death
>>
>>83433330
I remember someone posted a clip from the scene where Vader interrogates Leia a few weeks ago, it's filled with this hilarious sexual subtext that's even funnier when you take their biological relationship into account.

It even ends with an Imperial officer checking in and Vader reacts like a teenager who was just caught by his mom fapping
>Lord Vader is something wron-
>NO GET OUT
>>
>>83433750
Oh god I remember that
>YOU WANT TO PLEASE YOUR FATHER, DON'T YOU?
>>
>>83420877
Welp at least Pablo confirmed this as trash.
>>
>>83433910
Source?
>>
>>83433937
His twitter of course.
>>
>>83433999
I was hoping for you to link to the tweet.
>>
>>83434078
I'm sure you can find it on your own.
Good night.
>>
>>83433733
I really did like Vidian but I mostly agree with you. I did enjoy how the the logistics of the Empire works and what it's like to live underneath their rule.

I really like the idea in the new lore that Palpatine doesn't give a fuck about the Empire and is instead trying to strengthen the dark side from the constant dickery in the Empire. However, it attracts some very sinister people like Vidian and Tarkin.
>>
>>83434078
https://twitter.com/SavogiSW/status/738515861670105088?replies_view=true&cursor=AGBUqIe8Pwo&lang=en
>>
>>83434475
He's saying "eh, it's Reddit, it's probably bullshit" which isn't quite the same as debunking it since he admits there he hasn't and won't look at the page.

That said, the Reddit thread seems like a "my dad works at nintendo" so it's the report I believe the list so far.
>>
File: 1444700063798.jpg (84 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
1444700063798.jpg
84 KB, 1280x720
>>83434475
Thanks for the link.
>>
Should we start that tier 3 raid in goh?
>>
>>83430388
>. This of course being Luke's hand and lightsaber from Bespin and the hand burns up descending into Jakku leaving only the saber.

That raises a lot of questions, like 'why did someone who had Luke's hand take so poor care of it' and 'are sabers really that tough, we saw Anakin's get bisected in a normal factory environment once!'
>>
>>83420885
Acknowledged
>>
>>83420959
BABY YOU'RE THE BEST
BETTER THAN ALL THE REST
>>
>comics never got storytimes
Why is /swgco/ so shit now?
>>
>>83436048
We do have storytimes, though usually they're in a separate thread. Also there weren't any new comics this week.
>>
>>83436131
>Out This Week:
>Poe Dameron #3
>Darth Vader #21
Is the OP just out of date?
>>
>>83436196
No, just apparently really early, since those aren't out until next week.
>>
File: Meanwhile on Malachor.jpg (76 KB, 527x766) Image search: [Google]
Meanwhile on Malachor.jpg
76 KB, 527x766
>>
>>83436282
I can't help but notice that we only see half of her...
>>
File: 1459348415488.jpg (25 KB, 598x447) Image search: [Google]
1459348415488.jpg
25 KB, 598x447
>>83436311
That's the point Anon.

They still can do some naughty stuff...
>>
Hey /swco/, does anyone remember if any of the mind control chip episodes in the sixth season of Clone Wars reference Ahsoka leaving? I'm rewatching it with friends who have never seen it before, and i was wondering if i could show those two arcs out of order.
>>
>>83436413
They don't, so you don't need to worry. The only post-Ahsoka episodes that reference her leaving are the Utapau story reels (the Yoda arc doesn't specifically reference her leaving, though the one moment he has with Dream Ahsoka has more impact if you're aware that she left).
>>
>>83422619
No, Leia thought there was an unknown external threat that had fingers deep within the New Republic's hierarchy that'd stop whatever she did within the system.
>>
>>83436515
Alright, thanks anon.
>>
>>83421253
>>83421410
>>83421624
I forget how did EU handle people knowing about Luke and Leia being Vader's kids?

Also every time I think about it still upses me vastly that Leia isn't a force wielding badass. Wasted opportunities.
>>
>>83436860
I don't think it was ever made public
>>
File: hue.png (143 KB, 800x272) Image search: [Google]
hue.png
143 KB, 800x272
hue
>>
>>83436860
>Leia barely uses the Force at all in the EU, is just a politician/general
>EU gets wiped away, chance for new beginnings
>Leia STILL barely uses the Force, is STILL just a politician/general

Is it all just down to Carrie Fisher not being able to do acrobatics because she's strung out?
>>
>>83437019
didnt she become a full on lightsaber wielding jedi in the old EU?
like she fought an old crazy Hutt Jedi
>>
>>83436997
Is this for that guy supposedly working on Rogue One?
>>
>>83437043
Yep
>>
so as someone who's taken a big ol break from Star Wars for a few months after the Rebels Season Finale aside from comics
have i missed anything
have the threads improved since the finale cause god there was a lot of shit posting round then
>>
>>83436997
Nice to see some places have somewhat competent moderators.
>>
>>83437094
you missed Hera being confirmed for worst waifu
>>
File: 1459842210752.png (167 KB, 1310x814) Image search: [Google]
1459842210752.png
167 KB, 1310x814
>>83437332
>>
>>83437332
you have some splainin' to do to convince me the very heart and soul of Ghost Squadron with her sexy slipping accent is the worst waifu
why is there a trailer or soemthing out for the new season

also someone said 3PO dropped but it aint in the win-o-thread
>>
>>83437364
digits don't lie
>>
>>83437364
so meant more like franchise news or something but ok
>>
>>83430052
Yeah. Not very reliable, but that's not unexpected when your business is fed by rumor's and such.
>>
File: kek.jpg (33 KB, 711x148) Image search: [Google]
kek.jpg
33 KB, 711x148
Sorry orange buttcheeks
>>
>>83434475
You just know something's wrong when Pablo does damage control.
>>
>>83433225
>pure oxygen is toxic
At high pressures, yes. Low pressure pure oxygen is fairly safe, Gemini astronauts can attest to this, that's what they breathed for two weeks and were fine.
But at normal pressures:
>Fluid accumulates in the lungs.
>Gas flow across the alveoli slows down, meaning that the person has to breathe more to get enough oxygen.
>Chest pains occur during deep breathing.
>The total volume of exchangeable air in the lung decreases by 17 percent.
>Mucus plugs local areas of collapsed alveoli -- a condition called atelectasis. The oxygen trapped in the plugged alveoli gets absorbed into the blood, no gas is left to keep the plugged alveoli inflated, and they collapse.
Oxygen at higher pressures:
>Nausea
>Dizziness
>Muscle twitches
>Blurred vision
>Seizures/convulsions
I didn't know a lot of this.
Neat
>>
>>83428199
That instead of spreading rumors they can go to him on twitter and ask him and he'll answer, I think.
>>
File: 1344359970022.jpg (28 KB, 400x300) Image search: [Google]
1344359970022.jpg
28 KB, 400x300
>>83430592
>Why are you |idiots not as smart as I am| about |the suits fucking up the movie?| Apparently they're doing this because they want |a lighthearted movie for children.| You know, that's the guy that who wrote |The Shitty Movie.| If anything, that means the movie is going to be |worse| than it would've been.
>>
>>83430592
Scared? nah, I knew it'll be trash, now I'm sure.
>>
>>83436997
I wouldn't submit anything that could expose me either
>>
>>83420877
>In a night scene Vader absolutely lays waste to a Rebel ground Squad. Unfortunately this is one of the scenes we have to water down. We made it like something from the old slasher/horror films. Rebel soldiers who joked about a boogie man with magical powers and then minutes later are absolutely wasted.

I know its probably lies but if they seriously cut something likes this then the mouse must die
>>
>>83437364
That's almost as good as the flashlight incident on /tg/
>>
>>83437364
DELET THIS
>>
>>83438921
it says the changed it not removed it
and to be honest it sounds changed for the better, having Vader be framed like an unstoppable boogie man sounds a lot more appropriate to a more down to earth SW film than just having him go Force Unleashed on them
its about context
>>
File: 1464808976547.png (721 KB, 498x883) Image search: [Google]
1464808976547.png
721 KB, 498x883
YWN see Anakin and Ahsoka have sex
>>
>>83440784
Funny that. I'm gonna draw some Anakin/Ahsoka smut this weekend
>>
File: 1463864938986.jpg (122 KB, 1194x671) Image search: [Google]
1463864938986.jpg
122 KB, 1194x671
>>83440800
Post it here or I'll find you and hurt you. I've done this before. I've gained a particular set of skills that I've utilized against smut artists before. Don't make the same mistake. What kind of smut are we talking about?
>>
>>83440784
You don't have to see some things to know what's going on behind the curtains
>>
>>83440945
It will be in /aco/, where it belongs.
Don't expect much because I'm new and shit and lazy.
But it is the raunchiest, dirtiest stuff imaginable. It's sex in the missionary position as an expression of love and potentially procreation, assuming that the latter is even physically possible.
>>
>>83437019
Bullshit.

The Frigga fight in Thor 2 was impressive.
>>
>>83441496
You sick son of a bitch
>>
File: 1464735026715.png (279 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
1464735026715.png
279 KB, 500x500
>>83441496
>It will be in /aco/, where it belongs.
Just post a porn alert here plz
>Don't expect much because I'm new and shit and lazy.
It's not the skill that matters but what's inside your heart!
>>
>>83436860
In the Thrawn trilogy, Leia gets worshipped by a race of Assassins for being Vaders daughter.
>>
>>83436860
>Also every time I think about it still upses me vastly that Leia isn't a force wielding badass

But it makes perfect sense with her character though. She wouldn't be into mastering the force. She's a dyed in the wool politician and warhorse.
>>
>>83441720
Funny thing was you'd think she'd be invited to all the best Centrist parties after the revelation. Some of those guys really dig Vader's style.
>>
File: Lewd.png (40 KB, 640x400) Image search: [Google]
Lewd.png
40 KB, 640x400
>>83441672
Nah, skill kinda matters.
Case in point, about the limit of my artistic abilities.

Caution, it's super lewd.
>>
File: 75.gif (2 MB, 500x259) Image search: [Google]
75.gif
2 MB, 500x259
>>83442222
I can masturbate to that
>>
> everyone on official team says "this is wrong"

> LOL GUYS SHILLING FUCKING SHILLS DAMAGE CONTROL LOL
>>
>>83441672
>what's inside your heart!
Weak, sugary blood and suspicious lumps of calcified fat?
How does that help?
>>
>>83442222
MODSMODSMODS
nice dubs and quads
>>
File: Penn-Jillette.jpg (401 KB, 2308x1668) Image search: [Google]
Penn-Jillette.jpg
401 KB, 2308x1668
>>83428962
>You know, they have a point how the Prequels, for however much they failed, were still light years better than the Nu Trek flicks Pegg and his pal JJ were part of
>>
>>83442545
Nice rhyme.
>>
>>83440784
They spent a long time together, alone, on ships headed to horrible places. I'm sure they could have justified it as stress relief, I mean, stress can lead to anger and all that jazz. And at least it's strengthening a bond between two people the Code approves of. A Jedi and a student getting attached is better than a Jedi and a lover.
>>
File: 1448564870415.jpg (74 KB, 461x523) Image search: [Google]
1448564870415.jpg
74 KB, 461x523
>>83442707
drawfags plz
>>
File: 1459557544939.png (351 KB, 490x542) Image search: [Google]
1459557544939.png
351 KB, 490x542
>>83442222
L-lewd.
>>
>>83442222
Kermit's never looked so good.

>>83441496
>procreation
What the fuck would their kid even be like?
>>
>>83442569
Holy shit, found that one guy in the thread who liked the new Treks. It's like spotting a rare dodo bird.
>>
>>83443242
>What the fuck would their kid even be like?
orange Luke with montrals and lekku.
>>
>>83443286
I like it already
>>
File: image.png (51 KB, 499x507) Image search: [Google]
image.png
51 KB, 499x507
>>83443286
>Togruta Luke
>his facial markings vaguely represent the Jedi symbol
You know you'd love that goofy shit
>>
More like a half-human abomination. Sure, Twi'Leks are sexy but we never see what they look like if they mate with humans, right? In real life half breeds usually look ugly as sin.
>>
>>83443451
You're either blissfully ignorant, don't want to post them yourself, or your blanking them out.
>>
File: Suufamily.png (231 KB, 400x575) Image search: [Google]
Suufamily.png
231 KB, 400x575
>>83443416
sounds like something filoni would do.

>>83443451
>ahsoka
>twi'lek
>>
>>83443552
The halfbreeds look better than most Twi'Lek kids from TCW.
That Nerra girl was ugly as sin
>>
File: Boil.jpg (216 KB, 480x600) Image search: [Google]
Boil.jpg
216 KB, 480x600
>>83443796
DELETE THIS
>>
File: Ryloth_rebels.jpg (341 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
Ryloth_rebels.jpg
341 KB, 1920x1080
>>83443796
>That Nerra girl was ugly as sin

She didn't stay that way.
>>
File: Numa.png (131 KB, 286x598) Image search: [Google]
Numa.png
131 KB, 286x598
>>83443893
Hotter than Hera and Aayla combined.

Numa is best Twi'lek. Awesome outfit & weapon choice too.
>>
>>83443893
Man, the male Twi'lek design is so much better than the female one.
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 145

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.