[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Batman eternal/ Batman and Robin eternal
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1
File: image.jpg (57 KB, 250x333) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
57 KB, 250x333
Batman eternal/ Batman and Robin eternal are they any good? How much does this connect to Snyders Batman run?
>>
>>83419699
It may be because I don't remember much, but I liked Batman Eternal. Batman and Robin Eternal is shitshow.
They're not connecting much, except in few cases. Mainly Harper Row and I think Catwoman's mob boss phase started in Batman Eternal.
>>
batman eternal has good stuff but is too long
the second one was just plain bad
>>
>>83419699

BE is confusing and excessively long.

BRE is one of the worst comics I have ever read.
>>
So pretty much read Batman eternal and skip batman and robin?
>>
>>83420168

Just read #13. That's about it unless you loved Harper Row in Batman Eternal.
>>
I'm not quite as vicious on BRE as others, simply because it gets in and out a lot better than 52 issues of eternal. The first issues and the last issues may as well have nothing to do with each other, so much stuff has been thrown on. There's a few good things hiding in both, and Eternal is ultimately better, but Eternal has got so much extra bulk and less cohesion. Also I was fairly fond of the more quippy tone Seeley took with scripting in the face of a particularly edgy plot.
>>
Batman and Robin Eternal is one of those comics that gets worse the more you know about the characters in it. If you don't know much of anything about DC you may be wondering what's the big deal, but the more you know, the more it grates you how much they fuck everything up.

Regardless, there is no reading where the comic doesn't suck. It's a clumsily written mess with a completely nonthreatening villain, whose vague, boring plot is solved by a deus ex machina.
>>
>>83421143
Do either connect to Snyders batman run at all? Is it fine to skip them?
>>
>>83421676
Events from the Eternals are briefly mentioned in his run, but you would in no way be lost by skipping them.
>>
>>83421676

I seriously don't think you miss out on anything if you skip BRE entirely. It's supposed to tie into Tynion's future 'Tec run, but Batman barely even appears in it and there's no plot threads to his solo titles.
>>
>>83419699
I liked Batman Eternal, mostly because it had Vicky Vale.
Batman & Robin Eternal was bad, only issue I enjoyed was the one Middy appeared in.
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.