[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Does anyone else hate the whole, "2D animation is dead"
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2
File: tvpaint_25th_b.jpg (158 KB, 1280x600) Image search: [Google]
tvpaint_25th_b.jpg
158 KB, 1280x600
Does anyone else hate the whole, "2D animation is dead" saying? The only place it's dead is in feature film. TV Shows, all of Europe, Asia, Canada, indie films, and a ton of shorts done by pros and students alike are all doing 2D.

But because Disney doesn't release a 2D movie once a year, the medium must be dead?
>>
You are right

But when people said 2D is dead, they were talking about animation as an industry.

And since Disney is the only relevant animation industry in this part of the world, what they do is what rules
>>
>>83410659
>But because Disney doesn't release a 2D movie once a year, the medium must be dead?
The most dominant animators on Earth, the one with the means to release animated films across the planet, abandoned 2D and forced all their animators to learn 3D or quit. This has major impact on the industry.

Obviously 2D is still done everywhere in the world. But it matters what the big players choose to do.
>>
>>83410659
People say 2D animation is dead because nobody in entertainment industry besides cartoonists cares about 2D animation
Movie actors care about Television
Musicians care about Theatre
Nobody says "There were at least 15 animated films released this year and the judging panel for most major general entertainment award shows have only seen maybe 1" unless they are a cartoonist
>>
>>83412100
Did anybody else see the Oscar nominations back whenever Frozen was up? One of the people on the board's vote was "I haven't watched a fucking cartoon since I was 5 years old. I abstain from voting."

These people are parodies of human beings.
>>
>>83412223
>two fucking obscure Chinese fucking things
>>
>>83412100
That's animation in general, not 2D. These people also don't care about stop-motion, CG, or anything else. They'd go see Wolf on Wall Street in a heartbeat but would tell The Illusionist or Anomalisa to fuck off.
>>
>>83412100
...So it's literally always only been dead, it never lived at all?
Is this what "is dead" means?
>>
>>83410659

I haven't really heard that saying used since the curious George movie.

Although I can't tell you if the industry is getting better or worse.
>>
File: 2008-12-24-DragonHunters.jpg (172 KB, 671x349) Image search: [Google]
2008-12-24-DragonHunters.jpg
172 KB, 671x349
>>83412223

I won't forget when they short listed pic related.

The industry is messed up when it comes to awards. They make sure it's a small room so Disney or DreamWorks dominate. Hell, Rango winning was considered a shock.

Eh, critics.
>>
>>83412851
>Frozen beating Wind Rises just because so many people abstained or voted for what their kids liked.

Whew lad.
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.