[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>mfw people are more excited for Black Panther, a movie that
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 88
Thread images: 5
File: 1463106751457.gif (1 MB, 281x151) Image search: [Google]
1463106751457.gif
1 MB, 281x151
>mfw people are more excited for Black Panther, a movie that only comes out in 2 years than fucking Dr Strange

Is the end of superheroes dead? Black Panther is a nobody compared to Dr.Strange, at least comicwise, but people are just riding the WE WUZ KAANGZ AN' SHEEIT bandwagon because now that they know they won't get faggot ass Steve, they need to focus on something else.
>>
The reason people are psyched about bp...is because they saw him in civil war and he was fucking awesome. They popped out this realy inyeresting cool character and are saying 'hey he's gonna have his own movie and btw look at the fucking cast and whjonis directing'
Of course people are excited over it.
>>
>>83410052
People are excited because he was great in civil war
>>
>>83410083
Kek, he wasn't. Chadwick doesn't have the charisma of RDJ or Chris Evans and neither he is as good as Bendydick Cucumbongos
>>
>>83410052
Dr. Strange didn't appear in the last Avengers movie, Civil War
>>
>>83410134
No you see nobody cares what YOU think of him. I'm talking about the general concensus.
>>
>>83410052
How many people do you think actually know who Dr. Strange is?
>>
>>83410134
Who the fuck SATs RDJ has charisma. Seems like kinda an old fart to me.
And despite what /tv/ thinks Bendyroos Cucumber isn't that famous to America.
Chadwick has the benefit of being the cool new part of CW to help boost him popularity for the time being.
>>
>>83410167
But surely the tumblr crowd must be all over his dick because muuuuh Sherlock
>>
I've never really read Marvel.
I liked Black Panther in Civil War. The trailer for Doctor Strange more or less looks like Batman Begins to me, a movie I've already seen.
>>
>>83410052
>Black Panther is a nobody compared to Dr.Strange

Black Panther WAS a nobody for the general public unit Civil War. Dr. Strange is in the same boat. Most regular people have never even heard of either. For fuck's sake, I probably wouldn't have known of him for years had I not seen Strange in Spider-Man TAS back when I was a kid.
>>
For me personally (probably not a whole lot of other people) its because the first thing i saw/read with black panther in it was earths mightiest heroes cartoon and he was fucking great. He was also fairly cool in civil war
>>
>>83410221
>Doctor Strange more or less looks like Batman Begins to me, a movie I've already seen.
Seems about right, as they copied Dr. Strange's origin for Batman Begins.

>>83410052
The thing is the Dr. Strange trailer was a bit understated, and we did have MORE footage of Panther MORE recently, so he's more hype at the moment.

Dr. Strange has this problem in advertising where the main draw for the movie are the VFX, and they can't show VFX in the early trailers because they are largely unfinished by then. The VFX are so important to Strange that they need to be absolutely finished so they maximize on the wow-factor the first time you see it.

Other movies circumvent this by showing the more practical stunts in the early trailers (the Guardians first trailer shows a bunch of wire-work and pyrotechnics), but I doubt Dr. Strange has much of those shots to begin with.
>>
Black Panther is a cute husbando with like 3 good shipping options already while Strange is literally who
>>
File: Laughing ITV whores.png (184 KB, 450x402) Image search: [Google]
Laughing ITV whores.png
184 KB, 450x402
>>83410052
>People are more excited for a movie focusing on a guy that actually already appeared and was cool in a previous movie than le Memeydick Cucumbersnatch character #1009900212128904242397

Gee I wonder why.
>Black Panther is a nobody compared to Dr. Strange
>... at least comicwise

Fucking lol
>>
>>83410293
I want tumblr to leave and take all their homo bullshit with them
>>
>>83410343
>thinking gay shipping has anything to do with tumblr

infant detected
>>
>Dr. Strange

Magic is boring, I'm sorry to tell. The fantasy genre overdid magic and made it seem like wizards only shoot fireballs and be generally useless. There's really no tension in fights if the MC can just magic away the enemy. At least Iron Man has cool tech.

But Ant-Man worked and this has Marvel logo on it. So unless it's really really bad, it's gonna make a buck.
>>
>>83410052
>surprised a character that was actually in a movie and cool is more hyped than a character that just has a trailer out for him

Just letting you know you're a special kind of retarded.
>>
>people are more excited about a character they're somewhat familiar with than a character they're not familiar with at all

shocking!
>>
>>83410052
>Black Panther is a nobody compared to Dr.Strange

kek
>>
>>83410052
Because on one hand you have a movie that not only appeals to the SJW WE WUZ crew as well as the real possibility of having cameos by fan favorites such as Steve or Bucky, while on the other you have Benedict Cumberbatch who hasn't done decent shit other than Sherlock.
>>
>>83410289
I don't consider this a problem as far as dr strange advertising. The teaser gave us just that. A tease. And I'm fine with them letting a little of civilbwars hype run its course before flinging crazy full on dr strange shit at the general audience in future trailers. I do hope they live up to what they're saying they'll do. I want full on psychadelic nether realms and strange fragmented alternate dimensions filled with horrors and wonders and shit. And I wanna hear brindlebust cumperdink saying cool shit like winds of watoomb and by the hoary ghosts of hoggoth.
>>
>>83410444
It's not a problem, it's just gonna generate less buzz than a stand-out character in the most watched movie of the year.

I'm sure the second Dr. Strange trailer will feature more weird visuals and cool shit. Although I suspect the movie won't be easy to market, if they want to go the Ant-Man route and never show the quantum realm.

I think Marvel should trust their own brand more, just like Star Wars did, and be more conservative with the trailers.
>>
Dr. Strange is not a "super hero"

Just like the gaurdians of the galaxy aren't and swamp thing isn't. It will be lucky if its good and gets a following
>>
>>83410052

Doctor Strange didn't cameo in Civil War
>>
>>83410525
It will attract people, specially because of the post credits scenes where Marvel will be able to tease both Black Panther and Infinity Wars or Captain Marvel/GOTG II
>>
>>83410538
He is arguably central to the plot, so hardly a cameo.
>>
All I'm actually excited for is Guardians 2 and Infinity War. I want to see Thanos finally do something.
>>
>>83410052
You seem to have some problems. Want to lay down and talk about them?
>>
>>83410589
Thanos won't be in GotG.

Rumour is he might show up in Thor 3, though.
>>
Because formless magic for the sake of magic is not interesting. Black Panther has interesting aspects you can look forward, all Doctor Strange has is generic magic.
>>
>>83410608
I was talking about Infinity War.
>>
>>83410622
Right. Might want to add Thor 3 to your list, is what I'm saying.

Taika Waititi is fucking great.
>>
>>83410638
Yeah, but it's still a Thor movie. I'll have to at least see a trailer before I start caring about it.
>>
>>83410425
>Implying SJWs care about black people
>>
>>83410249
Panther did get a tv series
>>
>>83410289
>The VFX are so important to Strange that they need to be absolutely finished so they maximize on the wow-factor the first time you see it.
I suppose that makes sense if you show people the half finished effects the full effects lose impact
>>
>>83410134
keep telling yourself that
>>
>>83410525
Strange has always been a superhero man, his whole thing is being medicine man to New York and, later, the world.

Just because he's not a super scientist or a vigilante doesn't mean he doesn't do hero shit.
>>
>>83411296
>Panther did get a tv series

He got like a little mini series.With a bitching theme song.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uZU7Y1Hdww0
>>
>more excited
according to literally what

I guarantee you that Doctor Strange is going to be a smash hit in the box office. Almost nothing Marvel puts out can do wrong. Even Thor 2 did relatively well.
>>
>>83411529
It was a bitching theme song
>>
>>83411561
No one is saying Strange will fail but there's no hype for it like BP. I don't see how you can deny this.
>>
>>83411588
That said I think the shorter version works better but it's been a long time so maybe im remembering it as better then it was
>>
>>83411529
Why does Juggernaut appear so many times there?
Do they have any connection?
>>
>>83411529
Prefer the unaltered intro song, but shocked that this isn't a whole genre of music.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jogj0_8rw48

Anything else like it?
>>
>>83410052
Holy crap kill yourself
>>
>>83410134
>RDJ
>Charisma

having RDJ acting like an asshole gets old fast. He's no ones favorite any more.
>>
>>83410052
>the end of superheroes dead? Black Panther is a nobody compared to Dr.Strange,

So you don't read comic books then?
>>
>>83411787
He's on /co/, why on earth would he.
>>
>>83410052
I'm looking forward to local thugs claiming their heritage goes all the way back to Wakanda.
>>
>>83411881
Because it's the comics and cartoons board
>>
>>83411730
He's still popular enough.
>>
>>83411895
Again, we're /co/. Why on earth woulds he.
>>
>>83410052
Get your head out of your ass, people are excited about BP because he was great in CW.

They haven't seen DS yet, that is all.
>>
>>83410052
Since this isn't a thread about comics or cartoons, I'm going to ask a /co/ question to stave off the janny.

Does anyone actually like Black Panther by Ta-Nehisi Coates? It was really popular but I don't recall anyone saying they liked it? Personally I didn't like it.
>>
>>83411997
I'll agree with that. Frankly Black Panther surprised me. The performance was good and as a hero he had some damn slick moves. This makes for an interesting character, in terms of super hero movies, and none of that usual "pandering" crap unless people want to argue they made him look cool is "pandering". Because obviously they should have made him as goofy as possible.

And yeah Doc Strange has so far only had a very minor mention that was easy for people to overlook. I have some hope for the Strange movie just because he's a very different kind of hero, at least in that this will be their first major foray into magic when even the Asgardian abilities are just waved away as alien technology. So it is interesting in how they will introduce that dynamic and if they will give it any particular kind of weight due to magic seemingly not existing, otherwise remaining hidden, until his movie.
>>
>>83412005
I've loved the first two issues so far. Interesting story. Good focus on his rule. Love the art.
>>
>>83411603
I don't understand this bias. As an anon already clarified there's "hype" for BP because audiences have gotten a taste of what he's like and about.

Not many people know much about Doctor Strange, the trailers so far only suggest so much. Why would there be hype for things people don't understand? It's like Ant Man and Guardians of the Galaxy it's going to be an after affair matter with everyone being quiet before and then acting like they always knew how interesting it could be.
>>
>>83410052
I'm actually excited about it for the first time because I had no idea Cumberbatch had lost his accent for it.
Plus Mads is awesome.
>>
>>83412005
It's alright. Im interested in seeing where it's going. The art is great.
>>
I would agree that before EMH I had never heard of him and I've known who dr strange is since the 90's so Strange is obviously a heavier hitter than BP.
>>
>>83412087
>unless people want to argue they made him look cool is "pandering".
Sad thing is some people do consider this pandering
I don't know why they do it if there just desperate to find pandering marvel is currently publishing several comics filled with it why do they have to add on extra pandering that does not exist
>>
>>83410052
Black Panther was great in Civil War and Strange's "le mindfuck" imagery is too based on that boring Inception movie.
>>
>>83410052
Since this is co, not tv, let's hijack the thread.

I just finished EMH season 1. Anyone wish that BP had more than one episode?
>>
>>83413431
Did the visuals make it boring or the plot? If the plot then unless DS steals that as well he deserves his own shot.
>>
>>83410052
as much as I like Dr Strange the first trailer isnt that good and Catman was great in CW
>>
>>83411730
Civil War made him interesting again.
>>
>>83414230
I don't know what you mean. He was just as obnoxious in it.
>>
>>83414581
How?
>>
>>83414223
>Dr Strange the first trailer isnt that good
Probably because it was just blatantly aping matrix and inception.
>>
>>83414636
Honestly I guess it's mostly the presumption on the part of the writers. That they assumed I was interested in him, his parents dying, his guilt, etc while watching a Captain America movie especially when his own solos dealt with all that already.
>>
>>83410083
BP was literally pathetic in civil war.
I was completely dissappointed
Hopefully the movie is more accurate to the comics.
>>
File: 1417220426290.jpg (16 KB, 296x211) Image search: [Google]
1417220426290.jpg
16 KB, 296x211
>tfw hate black people in theaters
>tfw I cant watch BP without it being ruined for me because I'll always associate it with "SHIIIIIEEEEEET"
>>
>>83410052
I'm a DC fan, and BP is at the top of my MCU list. Hell, I'm probably more hype for it than any other CBM with the possible exclusion of GotG2. Bravo, WB.
>>
>>>/tv/4321341
>>
>Black movie market is fucking huge
>Suddenly a Black Marvel movie appears
>Black movie market is excited

It's really not that hard to get you fucking retard.
>>
>>83410052
That's because nobody knows Doctor literally Who?
And because Black Panther is black, so you got 90% of Murica getting hyped and the other 10% are scared shitless of the blacks so they're also hyped
>>
>>83411673
It's a real shame the series was meh, I listened to that track on repeat two months ago. I'm really curious what the score of the film is going to be like.
>>
Stoners are gonna go crazy for Doctor Strange
>>
>>83415115
Where's Stark Tower?
>>
File: 1463224433988.gif (3 MB, 425x239) Image search: [Google]
1463224433988.gif
3 MB, 425x239
>>83410052
>Confused on why a guy who was depicted spectacularly is more anticipated than a nobody only shown in previews.

Are you clinically retarded or looking for a back to /pol/ troll?
>>
>>83411588
I hope they get it in the movie like they did with the old Iron Man theme.
>>
>>83415115
As a stoner, the trailer did nothing for me.
>>
>>83412005
It's alright. First issue was mediocre, but the second was actually pretty interesting aside from Coates' obsession with the word "plunder". Art is a little on the stiff side but I like the look of it nevertheless and I'm curious where it's going to go.
>>
>>83410052
>people are more excited for ______ than ______
>is capeshit finally over
I wouldn't be surprised if you were the same retard saying Civil War was doomed cause no one is talking about it and BvS is going to rape the box office.
>>
>>83410560
Did you even watch the movie? Black Panther served no purpose, just like spiderman. Were they cool? Of course but the plot would have been the same without them
Thread replies: 88
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.