[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I finally saw the third movie. Can we talk about how surpris
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 3
File: oogway.jpg (118 KB, 1000x750) Image search: [Google]
oogway.jpg
118 KB, 1000x750
I finally saw the third movie. Can we talk about how surprisingly good Kung Fu Panda is?

dat badguy theme
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oF7vFFTnc98
>>
>>83406285
>Can we talk about how surprisingly good Kung Fu Panda is?
Yeah. I mean except for the third movie.
>>
>>83406285
If only the 3rd movie had more actual, non-magical fighting... and now there is a POTENTIAL chance of no more movies.
>>
>>83406285
Yes it is a good movie.
My nephew liked it very much. Two days later he still played KungFuPanda with his friends.
For me it was okay, the story felt a little bit thin, but i couldnt say how i would enrichen the story.

I think you could say the studio did good. Kids loved the film, adults can see it too.
>>
>>83406285
I have problems with the message of the movie. In the first movie, Po may have been an overweight slob but he had the diligence to train and eventually learn Kung Fu. But come the third movie, the panda village lived a lifestyle of hedonism and with a day's worth of, let's face it, dicking around they instantly learned the secret of the chi that their generation lost due to their laziness to start with.
>>
>>83407832
It was rather quick, but essential they where insync with theirself. So it made sense. All mastered and learned their innerself.
>>
>>83407832
They did not learn kung fu. As stated in the film, they learned to rely on their strengths, to distract Kai for long enough. None of them can actually FIGHT. Except the ribbon dancer. She is really good with ribbons.
>>
>>83407895
>>83407897
I wasn't referring to the story points but the message they are trying to tell. Be your self, sure that's been the point of the series but to me nobody in the village but the dad underwent any growth because they barely put in any effort. They had their cake and ate it too (no pun).
>>
>>83408015
"Yourself" is vague as fuck, I'll admit.

What was meant however, is be the good type of yourself, and not the bad type. We all have strengths and skills, and we all can decide to ignore them and be lazy wastes of skin. I hope you get what I'm saying.
>>
>>83406285
I liked it quite a bit. However, poor Master Shifu in that third movie. He devotes his life to kung fu and teaching it to others, and it's some asshole telling people to hug harder who made it to enlightenment instead.
>>
I was actually expecting a deeper story with his reunion with the pandas. I think that's why KFP3 was disappointing for me. The teaser at the end of 2 was awesome.
>>
File: shen.jpg (17 KB, 345x146) Image search: [Google]
shen.jpg
17 KB, 345x146
>>83406285
I was literally going to make a thread about this, Just imagine being told a film called Kung Fu Panda would be very good and get two good sequels, with the second being excellent. You'd think they were crazy but here we are, these films are much better than they deserve to be. Bravo Dreamworks.
>>
>>83407303
You're kidding me. I thought they had 3 more movies planned. Don't take this away from us.
>>
>>83409743
>a movie with jack black as an overweight comic relief panda trying to learn kung fu is this good
Can we all agree the only thing wrong with these movies is how little the furious 5 speak?
https://youtu.be/3okTGzuVFoY?t=140
Best comic moment imo
>>
>>83408015
Sure, but they lived this, but never tried to channel their chi. And they found a purpose to use their inner strenght. They had no purpose to channel their chi before.
Its a little bit magical stretch, but not a far one.
>>
>>83408145
Yes, its a little bit too easy for Po. And its kinda used for the end joke and that Po is a master.

But i reasoned it for me that Po has the hearth and motivation. Chi-fu is too calm and rational to master chi by nature.
But yes Chi-Fu should had a Chi-fight scene with Kai before he got transformed.
>>
File: goku kitkat.png (598 KB, 800x600) Image search: [Google]
goku kitkat.png
598 KB, 800x600
>Po is Goku, and everyone else is just there to job while the super saiyan does everything
>>
>>83412563
unfortunately, hasn't changed since the first movie. At least the cartoon series allowed the five to have their own episodes/be more fleshed out
Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.