[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why is she all of a sudden supposed to be a strong and independent
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 6
File: HarleyqLG.jpg (24 KB, 300x375) Image search: [Google]
HarleyqLG.jpg
24 KB, 300x375
Why is she all of a sudden supposed to be a strong and independent character? The whole point of Harley is that she was normal, but her infatuation with the Joker turned her into what she is. And no matter how abusive he is, she'll always come back to him. There is no Harley without the Joker.
>>
>>83403554
I completely agree, OP.
Unfortunately, feminism need to make every character empowered and independant. Otherwise they'll tear the industry apart with their constant bitching and twitter campaigns.

Only thing that can save Harley is suicide squad and how the normies take in her relationship with the joker.
>>
I don't know what Harley's purpose is now.

I'm not sure she SHOULD be a feminist icon, she fucking kills people.
>>
>>83403868
Real feminists kill people too with their looks.
>>
Exactly. Joker uses her, abuses her, and sometimes likes her when he appreciates her. But she doesn't get it and is so obsessed with him she takes it and will do anything for him. It's who she is.
>>
>>83404085
Some of them want to abuse you. Some of them want to be abused.
>>
File: Myboyfriendsback3.jpg (185 KB, 677x1023) Image search: [Google]
Myboyfriendsback3.jpg
185 KB, 677x1023
>>83404641
She certainly does
>>
>>83403554

She's a feminist icon now. Deal with it.
>>
>>83404812
Shut up.
>>
File: 1325940090098.png (154 KB, 525x481) Image search: [Google]
1325940090098.png
154 KB, 525x481
>>83403868
Unborn babies are people too
>>
>>83404812
The point is the confusion as to why the most male-dominated insane muderous female in DC and maybe comics in general is suddenly a feminist icon
>>
It's fun to watch how she lives without him, whether she cuts herself off from mistah J. or tries to get back in his good graces.

Harley is the most versatile character in comics. She can be independent, a villain, a fuckup, a damsel, a victim, loony, whatever you want. Heck, she has multiple characterizations going on in comics RIGHT NOW. And it seems that while she's done with the Joker in her own book, she's still under his spell in Suicide Squad.

Don't worry OP. There are many kinds of Harley, and many books WITH Harley in them (AND ALL THE WHILE SHE ALWAYS FEELS LIKE DIFFERENT SIDES TO THE SAME CHARACTER).

I'm sure you will find a Harley that's just right for you OP.
>>
File: 1453915600108.png (1 MB, 1150x874) Image search: [Google]
1453915600108.png
1 MB, 1150x874
>>
>>83404812
>>83404812

The whole story arc that that image of Harley calling herself a "feminist icon" came from concludes with Harley breaking down with the realization that her attempts to be her own person separate from the influence of the Joker end in failure as Harley's relationship with the Joker defines who she is.

There was a storytime here:
>>>83380368
>>
>>83409114
Thank you
>>
>>83403554
Question: Did you read the storytime of her Kesel and Lieberman solo book?
>>
>>83403554
The same reason Batman doesn't shoot people with guns anymore outside of the DC Murderverse.
>>
>>83409114
see
>>83408403

she is literally making a joke about Gotham being a shithole filled with murderers.
Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.