[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why won't he shut the fuck up already? Literally everytime
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 53
Thread images: 6
File: alan-moore-008.jpg (36 KB, 460x276) Image search: [Google]
alan-moore-008.jpg
36 KB, 460x276
Why won't he shut the fuck up already? Literally everytime he pops his head out it's only to complain about something.
>>
>speaks publicly less frequently then mostly every other comic creator due to a lack of social media presence
>still gets accused of "talking too much"
>>
Don't worry he has his new book coming out this year then we'll get to hear him wank over it.
>>
File: 1401304923464.jpg (213 KB, 701x503) Image search: [Google]
1401304923464.jpg
213 KB, 701x503
>>
>>83401691
>literally saying this on /co/
>>
>>83401691
When the industry improves...so likely never.
>>
>>83401691
>he pops his head out
No people seek him out and they ask bait questions about Marvel/DC because " Watchmen author hates DC" or whatever always gets clicks

More than half of what he says isn't even serious. It's all just dry British humor that doesn't play well in text
>>
When will his beard-like fungus consume the rest of his body?
>>
>>83401691
He speaks the truth. Everything is bad and everyone should feel bad.
>>
So is he the groundhog of comics?
>>
>>83402283
yes
>>
>>83402165
Since when were you under the impression the roots hadn't replaced his nervous system already?
>>
>>83401691

He's old as dirt, complaining about everything is what old people do. Well that and be racist as hell.
>>
>>83401691
>This is what trying to stay relevant while trying to look like you arent trying to stay relevant looks like.
>>
>>83401691
So he's every board on 4chan?
>>
He usually complains because he cares about the medium of comics.
>>
>>83402165
It's symbiotic and requires it's host to live for 1000 years
>>
>>83401748
Maybe he shouldn't only spew pretentious bullshit?
>>
>>83401691
this is how all old people function.
>>
>>83401691
He hasn't said anything in a long while. He doesn't even have a twitter like 90% of other writers who get into bitch fights with readers.
>>
jokes on him, he lives in Northampton
>>
>>83401691
I don't know, why won't all the /co/-related people on Twitter shut the fuck up already?
>>
>>83401691

i think he doesn't really balance his statements in the sense that there are plenty of good ideas being executed, but he makes solid points about the bad aspects of the industry.
>>
>>83407039
Yeah I drove past his house once, he had a skeletal totem thing in the window and every curtain was closed. Don't even think he had a car.
>>
>>83401691

Is he Shazam?
>>
>>83401691
You mean, just like you're doing right now?
>>
Why did this old cunt never write a Judge Dredd story?

Why wouldn't he do one now? Rebellion is actually a good company unlike how awful the old owners were.
>>
>>83402306
>Alan Moore is still angry
Looks like another 4 years of shitty comics, everyone.
>>
File: Scan11012.jpg (199 KB, 688x1023) Image search: [Google]
Scan11012.jpg
199 KB, 688x1023
>>83404815
Try until the end of time.
>>
>>83401691
He ran out of stuff to steal from Superfolk so now he's just mad (also his wife left him for his gf)
>>
>>83401691
It's less that and more anytime anyone wants to talk to him it's to ask him if he's mad about something.
>>
>>83401691
Just because people keep asking him about things you find upsetting doesn't mean he "won't shut up" about them, you stupid fuck.
>>
>>83401748
Any amount of hypocritical butthurt bitching is too much.

>it's ok when I steal (he literally used the word steal) buts it not when people legally use characters I signed he rights away to for money.
>>
>>83408375
He could just, you know, stop doing interviews. He hates the industry and never has anything new to say, and it's not like he gets paid for them.
>>
>>83405939
he redefined comics, his influence is why half of you are even reading comics, he's fucking bonkers but he does amazing work that companies bastardize for profit.
Can you really not see why he's salty, if not then you're actually a fucking idiot, for real.

See: Watchmen, Miracle man, From hell, V for vendetta.
>>
He doesn't say anything, people seek him out, ask live b8, he responds with dry humour or snark people don't get in text and the people asking questions get clicks.

He just wants to be left alone unless it's about his new book.
>>
>>83408405
I don't think he cares about what they do with the characters. He just doesn't like what he thinks DC has done to his friends in order to get to him, and he was upset about his contract a little initially since it was the first time something didn't go out of print within a couple years.

When he complains about what they're doing to his characters it's usually someone asking him what he thinks of what's going on, so he says he thinks the story is stupid. He also cares when they put his name on things because he's old fashioned and thinks that people will assume he's onboard with whatever project it is.
>>
>>83408424
Being talented doesn't mean you can't also be a passive aggressive manchild pussywaffle.
>>
>>83401691
you're confusing it with 4chan shitposting
>>
>>83407992
From the reception V got every time Moore tries to do political satire people get uppity and conflate the writing for his personal belief.
Many people still thin he was rooting for V unabashedly even though in an interview he specifically says the first chapter is called the Villain for a reason.
The interviewer wasn't even paying attention, he just went on to talk about Watchmen. Though Moore did a good job at pointing out a similar issue is echoed there.

In short it's just not worth it anymore to write that sort of thing.
>>
File: Go back inside Alan.jpg (427 KB, 1238x1600) Image search: [Google]
Go back inside Alan.jpg
427 KB, 1238x1600
>>
File: image.jpg (67 KB, 554x724) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
67 KB, 554x724
:3
>>
File: laughing goldman1.jpg (411 KB, 1462x1462) Image search: [Google]
laughing goldman1.jpg
411 KB, 1462x1462
>>83403567
>Moore
>caring about comics
>>
>>83407716
He looks like Rasputin to me.

He's not, right?
>>
>>83408424
> amazing work
> capeshit

Oh please, get the fuck out.
>>
>>83401691
>Why won't he shut the fuck up already?

Why would he? Real talk here, Moore is easily the best writer who ever touched cape comics. By far. It's not even close. He has earned the right to talk as much shit as he wants.
>>
>>83408848
Indieans back to the reservation
>>
>>83408418
He still produces content and still needs to sell it.
Or did you forget that he got jewed out of his money for the things he's already created?
>>
>>83407687
This sounds like it could be any shitty council house in town
>>
Moore is right about everything.
Hail Glycon
>>
>>83401691
>Literally everytime he pops his head out it's only to complain about something.

So he's just like every other person who reads comics?
>>
>>83410267
speak for yourself, I'm a volunteer shill

voteloki
>>
wew
Thread replies: 53
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.