[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Raimi's Spider-Man 4
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 85
Thread images: 16
File: Mysterio.png (682 KB, 712x1100) Image search: [Google]
Mysterio.png
682 KB, 712x1100
Some concept art/storyboard of Raimi's Spider-Man 4 has been revealed tonight by the storyboard artist, Jeffrey Henderson, on Reddit, and guess what? That "Bruce Campbell is Mysterio" theory was right all along, holy shit.

That a look at this:

http://www.planethenderson.com/spiderman4/0ggkuit39gth9fv2vexbcnl841xey6
>>
File: SM4_BC_3_LR.jpg (244 KB, 900x409) Image search: [Google]
SM4_BC_3_LR.jpg
244 KB, 900x409
>>
File: SM4_BC_2_LR.jpg (238 KB, 900x466) Image search: [Google]
SM4_BC_2_LR.jpg
238 KB, 900x466
>>83379975
>>
File: SM4_BC_4_LR.jpg (259 KB, 900x481) Image search: [Google]
SM4_BC_4_LR.jpg
259 KB, 900x481
>>83379991
>>
File: SM4_BC_5_LR.jpg (248 KB, 900x422) Image search: [Google]
SM4_BC_5_LR.jpg
248 KB, 900x422
>>83380011
>>
File: SM4_BC_6_LR.jpg (245 KB, 900x422) Image search: [Google]
SM4_BC_6_LR.jpg
245 KB, 900x422
>>83380026
Well, there it is.
What a fucking shame, such a missed opportunity.
>>
>we will never live in a universe where we got this movie instead of the shittastic ASM movies

why god
>>
>>83379991

No illusion good enough to hide that beer belly!
>>
>>83380050
>>83380046
Only kind of related but I think the bit that makes me saddest about losing Sam Raimi is I feel he's the only cape director who would try to play a character like Kraven the Hunter straight and make it work.

I'm sure if they bring him into the MCU they'll go with something closer to the Ultimate version, which will be fine, but not quite as magic
>>
>>83380050
This makes me sad.
>>
File: Xena Auto dunk.webm (3 MB, 808x608) Image search: [Google]
Xena Auto dunk.webm
3 MB, 808x608
>>83380124
>I'm sure if they bring him into the MCU they'll go with something closer to the Ultimate version, which will be fine, but not quite as magic

I think Raimi would have done the same thing ultimate did, heck have Bruce play him too
>>
File: 1464652383651.png (98 KB, 311x212) Image search: [Google]
1464652383651.png
98 KB, 311x212
>>83380050
>mfw
>>
>>83380050

>>we will never live in a universe where they didn't shove Venom down Raimi's throat

Fixed. Just the fact the symbiote lands right next to Peter speaks volumes of how much he didn't care.
>>
>>83379975
>>83379991
>>83380011
>>83380026
This guy should be a comic artist
>>
>>83380292
Actually we know the original introduction to Venom was similar to the TAS version, JJJ's son was supposed to have a crash landing in NY from a space mission and he mistakenly brought the symbiote with him
Then the whole situation was scrapped because budget
>>
>>83380345
He probably gets paid way more for much less work as a storyboarder for movies
>>
>>83380398

Well FUCK, I actually like that origin, it's a good stand in for Secret Wars
>>
>>83380050
M-Maybe the sequel to Homecoming will be directed by Raimi and have Bruce as Mysterio.
It's possible!
>>
>>83380124
You do realize that Ultimate Kraven was a Crocodile Hunter spoof who was also a complete joke and taken out with one punch, right?
>>
>>83380050
ASM was great. ASM2 on the other hand...
>>
>>83380508
I don't know the details but he upped his game at some point. He was in the Sinister Six team that killed Spidey
>>
>>83380524
>ASM was great
Au contraire, it was horrible.
The only good scene in the movie was the "my weakness it's small knives" scene.

And this one is the worst part:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iwezBss_BMQ

>that guy in the yellow hood
What the flying fuck
>>
>>83380524
They're both shit except ASM2 had some (ultimately irrelevant) fun moment here and there
>>
>>83380524
ASM was the first raimi film, but with web shooters instead of natural webbing. The webbing thing was actually the only thing I liked in those 3 films.

>1 played it safe with the origin. Not bad, not amazing.
>2 had shitty fights. Ock throws shit, Spidey dodges and whips the last thing he throws back at him like it's his only move. Train scene was alright because it showed spideys willingness to put himself in danger to save others even if he has no fucking idea if he could do it, or survive if he does.
>3 is a clusterfuck of villains, sewer fight the only good fight scene, Peter being manic depressive is the last thing they should have focused on.
>>
>>83380819
>ASM was the first raimi film, but with web shooters instead of natural webbing.

>Chocolate milk
>Uncle Ben tries to be an action hero and goes for the guy's gun
>Peter's web is actually from Oscorp
>"Spiderman needs more quips" translated in Spidey stopping for 3 minutes straight to crack jokes
>Uninteresting villain, no creativity there
>No Bugle
>"Property of Peter Parker"
>The villain's plan is revealed because he forgot to turn off his powerpoint presentation
>Trying to replace Ben with capt. Stacy as the moral guide for Peter
>"We'll give Peter a skateboard. Teens like those, right?"
>Cranes
>Heroic music and scene about Spidey using cranes
>Spidey saved by a crane
>Fucking *cranes*

Juuuuuuuuuust like the first Raimi film
>>
>>83380524
I think "great" is far too strong a word. It was okay.
>>
>>83380595
He spliced his genes to become part lion, yeah. But was still treated mostly as a joke even after that. He also contributed the least during the Death of Spider-Man arc, which had Norman doing most of the damage to him during that last fight.
>>
>>83381028
Seriously fuck that whole "construction worker wakes up his construction worker pals to line up their cranes that are all on the same street leading up to Oscorp" scene
>>
>>83380398
>>83380481
I could almost swear I remember the early Spider-Man 3 trailers having footage of a space shuttle or something, because I immediately thought of Spider-Man: TAS back then.
>>
>>83379908
>>83379975
>>83379991
>>83380011
>>83380026
>>83380046
Wasn't this the one where Peter would've murdered the Vulture and have an affair with Felicia Hardy?
>>
>>83381545
Is it really an affair if he and MJ were split up, like Spidey 3 left off on?

Either way, still better than Kirsten Dunst's idea that MJ should be pregnant with mutant spider babies.
>>
>>83380524
You do realise the whole plot relied on Peter breaking a calculator, right?
>>
>>83381881
>>83380524

actually, I'm wrong. That was from ASM 2. Sorry
>>
>>83380819
No it wasn't. What made Raimi's films good (and watchable to this day) is that they were made by a true fan. Raimi brought his love for the character to the screen and really showed it. The ASM films have no love in them. They are just soul less money works. That's the real crime of the ASM series and Sony's last choices with their solo Spidey. They forgot that what make comics so hype is the love we feel for the character.
>>
>>83380050
I guess you could say they should go... back to formula.
>>
>>83382320
>inb4 the lack of superficial things like webshooters or the small number of quips meant Raimi either hated or misunderstood Spiderman
>>
File: dgg-016946.jpg (40 KB, 407x600) Image search: [Google]
dgg-016946.jpg
40 KB, 407x600
>>83382524
DO YOU KNOW HOW MUCH I'VE SACRIFICED?!
>>
>>83381874
From I've heard Peter and MJ would've been living together and raising a kid.
>>
File: 2ed.jpg (260 KB, 920x662) Image search: [Google]
2ed.jpg
260 KB, 920x662
>>83380524

No, it was awful. Curt Connors was completely underdeveloped and had a bunch of scenes cut in favor of more Gwen Stacy romance, they completely butchered the origin story and Uncle Ben/his death(literally dies over spilled milk, doesn't get even get avenged), and they ruined the film's responsibility lesson by having Peter get with Gwen despite her father's dying wish.

And that's not even bringing into account the bad characterization of Peter Parker, the terrible suit design, the new MYSTERY OF MY PARENTS subplot that goes nowhere, and the INDIE ROCK SKATEBOARDING MONTAGE.

Fuck the Amazing Spider-Man, and I hope the franchise rests in piss.
>>
>>83382865
I just realized that Martha and Billy didnt even get a mention
>>
>>83382909

They had cast and presumably shot scenes with Billy, but it was all removed.
>>
File: Bruce Campbell.gif (2 MB, 300x233) Image search: [Google]
Bruce Campbell.gif
2 MB, 300x233
>>83379908
>Bruce Campbell is Mysterio

Yes! YEEEEEES
>>
>>83380617
>The only good scene in the movie was the "my weakness it's small knives" scene.
That shit was bad. Spider-Man would never get on his knees because of a knife as a joke. He would give the guy shit because of the small knife, but not the amount that it was in the movie.
>>
>>83381360
It's also weird, because I'm pretty sure that even swinging in a straight line, that would still bother Peter's leg that just got shot. Also, there was a helicopter right by him, why didn't he just catch a ride on that?

>as soon as he fights the Lizard, the gunshot wound in the leg doesn't affect the fight at all
How lazy can they be?
>>
File: 1463728716551.gif (4 MB, 540x540) Image search: [Google]
1463728716551.gif
4 MB, 540x540
>>83382985
>Is never happening
No! NOOOOOO
>>
>>83380345
Comic artists can do much more detailed work than their monthly comics work but they have those pesky time constraints.
>>
>>83381360
It was clearly meant to be like that moment on the train in spider-man 2, you know, the people of new york helping their hero. It definitely doesn't work as well, but I get what what they were going for.
I don't really mean to defend the film, because it's not really that good, I just think it's gets too much flak. It's not that good, but it's not bad either. it's just okay.
>>
>>83383006
It was great.
>>
SM3 is bad but still better than most capeshit released these days. Frankly they give the movie too much shut when its quite serviceable.
>>
>>83379908
Damn it. So this whole time the theater usher was him. Damn that would've been a great reveal. It still is. Raimi needs to do something Spidey related in the MCU. He is still working with Bruce to this day. It can still happen since he isn't officially Mysterio. Bummer is that John Malkovich Vulture is not happening...unless Michael Keaton is Norman Osborn. Damn now I am hyped for Spiderman: Homecoming.
>>
>>83379991
I love that potbelly.
>>
>>83381874
>he and MJ were split up, like Spidey 3 left off on?
It ended on them getting back together
>>
File: lucky345.jpg (640 KB, 885x619) Image search: [Google]
lucky345.jpg
640 KB, 885x619
>>83379991
>he's fat
>>
>>83387496
Bruce Campbell was pretty fat back in 2007s
>>
File: asm 24.jpg (133 KB, 486x738) Image search: [Google]
asm 24.jpg
133 KB, 486x738
>>83386807

I was actually wondering this. Raimi is an absolute madman but would he be mad enough to reveal that all of Campbell's previous characters (the wrestling announcer, the usher, the waiter) were ALL Mysterio in disguise or would he just have Mysterio be the fourth part Campbell plays in four films?
>>
>>83387605
>It was me, Parker, I was Mysterio.
>>
>>83385229
It really wasn't, anon.
>>
>>83387605
Would've been too funny regarding Bruce voiced the narrator in the SM2 console game and they had Mysterio in that one, too. So basically Spidey fell for an impostor while the real Quentin Beck was stringing him along the whole time.
>>
File: 11ASM_CostumeTweaks_Flat_LR.jpg (186 KB, 792x612) Image search: [Google]
11ASM_CostumeTweaks_Flat_LR.jpg
186 KB, 792x612
Costume change?
>>
>>83380524
>Great
You do realize that Uncle Ben died over chocolate milk and don't forget that ridiculous scene with the cranes
>>
>>83380050
Good, Raimi's movies were overrated
MCU Spidey>>ASM>>>>>>Raimi's shit
>>
>>83393270
Shit taste
>>
>>83389238
mysterio was so fucking great in that game
>>
File: oogo.gif (23 KB, 222x240) Image search: [Google]
oogo.gif
23 KB, 222x240
>>83379908
>yfw all of Campbell's cameos are cannon and are Quentin Beck
>>
>>83380050

I want to say this so bad, but look at what we had.

>Pros
Based Campbell Mysterio (I guess who'd they make out of shape, which is even more amazing)
Malkovich Vulture
Knowing Raimi, guaranteed god tier sky fights

>Cons
Guaranteed insane executive meddling on all levels
Absolute shit plot line
Peter cheating on MJ, which is the worst fucking thing they could do
Vulturess

There's a reason why Raimi quit. He knew he wasn't going to win.
>>
>>83380819
ASM was Spider-Man 1 with zero soul, effort, or color.
>>
>>83380050
Would the MCU have gotten Spider-Man without the ASM movies?
>>
>>83390291
>suit should appear more convincingly homemade
>4 tiny off color patches on a perfect spiderman suit
>>
>>83385064
>SM1 - New Yorkers throw trash at the Green Goblin in hopes to keep him from killing Spider-Man, a boat's crew goes out of their way to help Spider-Man save a bunch of children and MJ

>SM2 - New Yorkers on a train catch Spider-Man, give him back his mask, and defend him in a futile attempt against Doctor Octopus

>ASM - Convenient cranes
>>
>>83384892
>but they have those pesky time constraints.

Storyboard artists have deadlines that are FAR worse than comic artist. Storyboard artists are expected to pump out easily 2-3 times more panels than your monthly comic artist. The big difference is storyboard artists can cheat a lot easier and get paid twice as much.
>>
>>83380292
Compare that to the origin he gives Sandman.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WZZEtolFzFI
>>
>>83387605
I had this thought once that Beck becomes Mystery because he thinks Spider-Man is his sworn nemesis, because somehow Spider-Man inadvertently stopped his crimes every time.

>Wrestler announcer: Disguise to steal money. He runs in with a gun and demands the money, but the burglar already took it.
>Usher: Disguise to rendezvous with some partners who robbed a bank (the car Spider-Man stopped in the movie, effectively leaving Beck with nothing)
>Waiter: Was scoping out that restaurant to steal their money, but somehow got injured during a Sandman/Spider-Man fight and couldn't finish the job
>>
>>83397483

You actually have it backwards.

Campbell's cameos were all created with the intention of giving him a huge misleading credit like THE MAN WHO CREATES SPIDERMAN! or THE MAN WHO DEFEATS SPIDER-MAN!
>>
Anyone willing to post the plot summary about the movie? I can't seem to find it.
>>
>>83397476
>the first time he awakens, instead of a head all he has is a mask, which represents him hiding his deep regrets and loss of his own identity
>Sand Man arising cause he wishes to see his daughter, and can't sulk around
>small bits of his body are flown away with the wind, because he is working on borrowed time
This scene was beatiful
>>
>>83398780

No one knows. A guy who claims to have seen the script leaked:

>- It takes place about five years after Spider-Man 3.

>- Peter and Mary Jane has married ever since and has a kid. Yeah, that made me puke a little already and that was just the beginning.

>- J. Jonah Jameson retires and is replaced by Adrian Toomes as the head of the Daily Bugle.

>- The Vulture is the only villain. Vulturess must have been written out or something...

>- The Vulture would have been totally different from the comics, Adrian Toomes creates a giant suit with a likeness to a Vulture that he has the ability to control with his mind. Yeah, corny much?

>- Felicia Hardy is in the film, but only as Felicia. There are hints throughout the film though that eventually she would become the Black Cat.

>- Dr. Curt Connors has a larger role because there are many scenes where Peter and Felicia are in his class.

>- Peter starts to realize he does not love Mary Jane anymore (some superhero...) and ultimately starts cheating on her with Felicia.

>- At the end of the film, Adrian Toomes is killed by Spidey and Peter later learns that Toomes was Felicia's god father.

>- Felicia grows a hatred towards Spider-Man and Peter feels guilty.

>- J. Jonah Jameson just randomly pops back up in the Daily Bugle like he never was gone in the first place.

>- The end shows Mary Jane leaving with the baby somewhere unknown and Peter throws out his Spider-Man suit.

>It also has a very cheesy part with Peter bringing his baby to the zoo...
>>
>>83399422

It sounds nuts but Raimi is nuts and a lot of it lines up with info we know. Raimi was going back and fourth on whether he wanted the Black Cat or The Vulture's daughter Vulturess so he just went with Black Cat but made her the Vulture's god daughter. He also said Connors would have a larger role but always deflected away from using the Lizard. The original casting call was looking for a 2 or 3 year old redhead which obviously lines up with Peter and MJ's baby. The only issue is Raimi promised a better role for Campbell so I'm guessing OP's stuff is from a cold open where Peter busts Mysterio.
>>
>>83399422
>Peter and Mary Jane has married ever since and has a kid. Yeah, that made me puke a little already
>NOOOOOOOOOOOOOO, character development and the ruin of the status quo, this cant be happening!!!!
Fuck you dude. Movies is the places to pull this kind of shit and give the characters an actual closing.
>>
>>83399526

I agree, that's the leaker's commentary.

One of the best things about Riami was his balls and willingness to push every movie further.
>>
>>83399422
>>83399449
Its also important to note that the Raimi films are all vastly different than the original scripts for them. The original script for Spider-man 1 featured both Green Goblin and Doctor Octopus, but Raimi ultimately changed dropped Ock from the script before production began. The original Spiderman 2 script is fucking bonkers. It features a love triangle between Peter, MJ, and Doc Ock (who is considerably younger). Doc Ock is also the creator of the spider that bit Peter, he gives Peter an antidote, and apparently his main goal throughout the film was to rip out Spider-man's spine to replace his own which is fused with the tentacles. Again, Raimi changed all of this before production began.
>>
>>83399422
Yeah I can see why Raimi wasn't happy with the script. Sure they could have hashed out the issues with enough time though
>>
>>83379908
Should bring him back for MCU Spider-Man. Or take over for Justice League.
>>
>>83402239
Who, the artist, Rami, or Bruce Campbell?
>>
>>83380398
But why would the shuttle land in NY? Actually, why would there be a space shuttle near the area? Geographically, it makes no sense.

I liked Spectacular's fix where they had the symbiote brought over to ESU.
>>
>>83380060
obviously this was before he upped his game. anon enjoy a little
Thread replies: 85
Thread images: 16

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.