[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
/swco/ - Star Wars Comics and Cartoons
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 143
File: 2294380-3x4-700x933.jpg (54 KB, 700x933) Image search: [Google]
2294380-3x4-700x933.jpg
54 KB, 700x933
Leia Appreciation Edition

>Upcoming Releases:
http://www.swbooks.net/updates/release-2016.htm

>Out This Week:
Poe Dameron #3
Darth Vader #21
Droids and Ewoks (Graphic Novel)

>Star Wars Canon Guide:
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1t1KovH_1GYLDTAe3yrleeWiuzwulm670o_anQqr5Rcg/pubhtml

>Download links: (Check here for new Rebels Episodes + Books, Comics, Films, etc)
http://pastebin.com/nWsKtSya

>The Clone Wars Legacy Content:
http://www.starwars.com/tv-shows/the-clone-wars-legacy
>>
>Leia isn't their favorite character

It's time for those people to leave.
>>
>it's a blue people species
>>
File: 1450447584033.png (3 MB, 1708x1792) Image search: [Google]
1450447584033.png
3 MB, 1708x1792
Why do people rag on the prequels so much for CG? Why are they allowed to be stupid?
>>
>>83370556
It's the worst meme ever.
>>
>>83370556

Because the CGI looks like shit and there's a lot of it.

There's plenty of model and puppet work too, but the it's all overshadowed by the glaring, obviously bad CG. It's not my job to hunt for the nice model work when it's being drowned out by Clone Troopers and Gungans.

And the green-screen backgrounds make me want to kill myself every time they show up. It's like they're walking through The Lawnmower Man, fucking matte paintings from crappy 80's fantasy movies looked better then the CG background and environment shots.
>>
>>83370556
>Why do people rag on the prequels so much for CG
Because honestly? Some of it was pretty bad. Rewatching it recently makes, mostly the big Naboo fight with Gungans and Droids, a number of things stick out. I never noticed, originally, that the clones were always CGI in terms of group shots and armor, but it was a little more noticeable going in with that.

But like all critiques of Prequels, it takes a pretty valid complaint, and runs it into the ground. Because implying that not everything about the prequels was literally the worst thing ever and that it had any positive qualities is verboten. So the prequels having bad CGI means the films were completely CGI and always looked terrible, despite the originals have their own, even with some practical effects, faults as well.

It's probably a scale thing. The originals are, honestly, pretty sparse movies. Especially A New Hope. A lot of scenes are constrained, the scope, despite the galactic rebellion backdrop, is usually a few dudes in a room. We know from the Remasters, which honestly probably get rolled into the Prequel CGI complaint a lot, that Lucas loved to just have shit everywhere and make things seem larger when he got the chance. CGI just wasn't where it needed to be at the time to make it not look bad.
>>
File: Geonosis Arena Beasts.webm (3 MB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
Geonosis Arena Beasts.webm
3 MB, 1280x720
>>83370753
The Clone Troopers were great CGI though.

Not a single person I have ever talked too could tell they were CGI. They were Mo-capped in Episode 3 too.

People shit on all the bad CGI, but never acknowledge the great CGI and effects. Some of which was groundbreaking at the time, and still looks great today.

Nobody shits on the obvious matte paintings in the Original Trilogy. And this isn't me doing it either. I'm just saying, there's not nearly enough bad effects in any of the movies to take me out of them. Even the Rathtars scene.

I think literally all 7 movies showcased the best special effects of its day. Some hold up better than others, sure. But I've just never thought any of it was that bad at all.

Just me though.
>>
>>83370883

>People shit on all the bad CGI, but never acknowledge the great CGI and effects

Because most of it looks fucking terrible now, outside of the droids.

There's a lot of nice set design and location work at least. The one thing Phantom Menace has over the other two movies is some great, tactile sets, especially on Naboo.

> I'm just saying, there's not nearly enough bad effects in any of the movies to take me out of them

I tried rewatching Sith a few months ago and actively couldn't finish it because of how terrible some of it looked. That film is dripping in terrible green-screen and awful CGI.
>>
>>83370753
> Vash17
>ever

Fuck off, idiot.
>>
http://www.hitfix.com/motion-captured/calm-down-rogue-one-a-star-wars-story-will-be-fine

Drew's the guy that first said there were problems with BVS and that the studio was worried about how it would perform with audiences

In the case of Rogue One, what I’ve heard is that they are not test-screening the film at all, nor do they have any plans to test screen the film. Everything that’s being done is being done because Lucasfilm and Disney screened the film internally, discussed it with Gareth Edwards, and then came up with a plan to figure out how to land every punch that the film means to throw. I hear that the film right now is good, but they want great. They don’t want to launch the Star Wars Story brand with a good film; they want to launch it with a film that is embraced warmly by fandom, a film that proves that you don’t have to tell the main Skywalker story to do something great in the larger Star Wars universe. This explains the recent announcement to push Godzilla 2 back a bit. Edwards will no doubt be working right up to the moment he delivers Rogue One for release, which isn’t unusual for a Star Wars film. JJ Abrams and his team were making pretty massive creative decisions about the movie right up until the moment the film had to lock print no matter what. In fact, every Star Wars film has taken advantage of some degree of additional photography, and George Lucas was careful to build in time for that after he finished his first cut of each of the prequels. Regardless of how well you think that worked out, Lucas did that because he could, and because he had faith that he could add value to the films using that extra shooting time.
>>
>>83371100
>I still don't buy Deadline's version of the story, with Alden Ehrenreich shooting a Han Solo cameo for this one. I think that's Mike Fleming connecting dots that aren't there and then hoping that if he says it enough times, it comes true. When it comes to why they're doing this, though, the mere fact that they're doing it should be encouraging. If you really don’t think a film works at all, you don’t schedule this type of surgical reshoots. This is the Rogue One team working to deliver a film that rewards all the excitement and enthusiasm that greeted the first teaser trailer for the movie. I’ve embedded that at the top of this piece. Look at it again. Imagine what the best version of that movie might be. That’s the film that Gareth Edwards and Lucasfilm hope to deliver to you, and this additional photography is just a chance for them to get closer to that target.
>>
Goddamn, we can't have a thread without trolls starting it off.
>>
>>83371119
>all the excitement and enthusiasm that greeted the first teaser trailer for the movie
People like it that much? I thought they were a bunch of cool shots but all the dialogue and story beats came across terribly.
>>
>>83371160

>People like it that much?

Not really. The reaction has been pretty muted, as you'd expect for a trailer that tells almost nothing about the movie.
>>
>>83370556
Because people like to jump on the bandwagon. Some of the CGI only became a problem for me when I rewatched them in HD. Took me that long to actually realise that the clone troopers were all CGI because to me they looked more real than actual people. In the end effects shouldn't bother people this much because it's not real in the first place. People have no problem watching cartoons but lose their shit when it comes to live action films.

http://boards.theforce.net/threads/practical-effects-in-the-prequels-sets-pictures-models-etc.50017310/
>>
File: Malevolence ION Cannon.webm (2 MB, 1176x500) Image search: [Google]
Malevolence ION Cannon.webm
2 MB, 1176x500
>>
File: 1464735026715.png (279 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
1464735026715.png
279 KB, 500x500
>>83370556
Because it had tons of shitty cgi.
>>
File: Shot36.jpg (904 KB, 1280x770) Image search: [Google]
Shot36.jpg
904 KB, 1280x770
>>83371100
>and then came up with a plan to figure out how to land every punch that the film means to throw.
I'm beginning to understand how they see movies now...
>I hear that the film right now is good, but they want great.
Hah!
>a film that proves that you don’t have to tell the main Skywalker story to do something great in the larger Star Wars universe
That's the opposite of what they're doing so far.
>This is the Rogue One team working to deliver a film that rewards all the excitement and enthusiasm that greeted the first teaser trailer for the movie.
Looks like a shitty fan movie and like the divergent at the same time? Imagine what the best version of that movie might be!
>That’s the film that Gareth Edwards and Lucasfilm hope to deliver to you
I seriously hope they're not copying YA novel movies.
>>
when's the stream again? I don't wanna oversleep.
>>
File: KyloSlashing.webm (3 MB, 720x302) Image search: [Google]
KyloSlashing.webm
3 MB, 720x302
http://www.jedinews.co.uk/news/news.aspx?newsID=26982
>The goal of the reshoots will be to lighten the mood, bring some levity into the story and restore a sense of fun to the adventure.

>“This is the closest thing to a prequel ever,” a source tells THR. “This takes place just before A New Hope and leads up to the 10 minutes before that classic film begins. You have to match the tone!”

Rogue One confirmed for shit
>>
>>83374043
>>“This is the closest thing to a prequel ever,”

The prequels never happened bandwagon continues.
>>
>>83374043
>You have to match the tone!
That's not how it works!
>>
>>83374043
http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/heat-vision/disney-orders-reshoots-star-wars-898562
>it was tonally off with what a “classic” Star Wars movie should feel like.
>>
>>83374043
>restore a sense of fun to the adventure.

Dude, they're stealing the technical schematics of the Death Star to give to the rebel alliance, there is nothing fun about a movie that's going to be about it ending with the rebel crew dead and the only ones that have the plans is a couple of droids that escaped from Vader's siege.

To think, we were getting a gritty "Saving Private Ryan" approach to this movie. Tell me when the novel is coming out, that might be better than what we're now getting.
>>
>>83374144
>The pic has not yet been tested before audiences, but one source describes the cut as having the feel of a war movie.
IT IS AT THE MOMENT A WAR MOVIE, THE MOVIE WE WANT
But it's going to be ruined since Disney execs want a funnier and quipier movie D:
>>
File: see ya.jpg (16 KB, 480x480) Image search: [Google]
see ya.jpg
16 KB, 480x480
>>83374043
>>83374144
>>83374428
no Star Wars war movie then. Goodbye, folks.
>>
>>83374280
Well, Saving Private Ryan has some moment of levity. Not a feeling of fun adventure though. More "war sucks".
>>
File: 1464775910582.jpg (69 KB, 500x375) Image search: [Google]
1464775910582.jpg
69 KB, 500x375
Have disney ever made a movie that didn't suck?
>>
I wonder what they're going to change in the movie. Is the Empire going to be less fearsome now or what?
>>
File: Clankered.jpg (188 KB, 497x732) Image search: [Google]
Clankered.jpg
188 KB, 497x732
>>83374121
>Prequel-hate is marketable
>Disney is going to continue milking it
>>
We need to start the movement #PrequelAcceptance if it continues like this.
>>
>>83374602
Disney can make movies that can be heartwarming and have sadness in them as well. But for some reason(Marketability and profit) they're changing a serious movie about a group of rebels stealing the plans to the DS and want the thing to be lighthearted and fits the tone of Star Wars. Whatever the hell that means, which I'm guessing more family oriented and whimsical.

Unfortunately, spy missions aren't all that whimsical to begin with, and dealing with a totalitarian government that spans the galaxy would make it even less so.
>>
File: C6PbudY.gif (1008 KB, 320x240) Image search: [Google]
C6PbudY.gif
1008 KB, 320x240
>>83374043
>company executives interfering with the film half way through production again to suit their own needs
Why is this allowed?

>>83374602
Jungle 2 Jungle.
>>
>Tranktastic has poisoned everyone into thinking "reshoots" means completely changing the entire movie

This is the Suicide Squad thing all over again.

And considering how deathly humorless both Monsters and Godzilla were, adding some humour isn't a bad idea. Though I know you're not allowed to say that on the Internet anymore, because saying "they could add some humor" is clearly the same thing as "I want it to be a MCU comedy with no stakes."

We all know there's literally no middle ground, right? It's actually impossible for a film to have some jokes but still be fairly serious. Never been made before in the entire history of film.
>>
>>83374742
It's honestly probably different departments. Sure, there's an executive, executive group of executives who have to be "in control" of everything because of the massive amount of money being thrown around (and their Illuminati shadow masters are in control of them and all movie reviewers), but with Disney's sheer breadth of operations, there's no way the group can manage every brand on this level.

What it is, I'm sure, is there's a bunch of suits in charge of the "proper" Disney movies (the ones that count on the List) who go "yeah, yeah, okay, cute, heartwarming, sad, maybe this one is a musical again" and rubberstamp it. Depending on the execs in charge, the particular team actually making the movie, and their ability to communicate and convince the other party to change their opinion, there may be more or less "meddling." These suits are specifically in charge the Disney animation movies and not things like Marvel or their own growing Live Action adaptation brand.

Look at the MCU. Disney bought Marvel and publishes the movies, but it's also clear Feige and the rest of the Marvel Movies team are pretty much responsible for most the executive decisions there. I'm not sure we've ever heard a story about Disney coming from on high to point a finger and say "change it."

Who knows where the executive meddling is with Star Wars and Lucasfilm in general? Do they see Star Wars not as the expansive brand it is but as a simple and uniform Science Fantasy Adventure? Is it middle managers in Disney, or do the actual top execs want one of their own keeping on eye on everything? Did Lucasfilm not already have people in this position like with MCU familiar with the brand, so Disney installed their own, unfamiliar, execs to handle everything? Was Edwards actually completely cocking everything up? I'm sure the details will come out more and more over time.
>>
File: Someone kill me.png (343 KB, 767x674) Image search: [Google]
Someone kill me.png
343 KB, 767x674
>>83374771
>Why is this allowed?
Hollywood changed the game decades ago and now instead of movies being made by directors and producers, they're made by committees and execs in suits that want to make the most money out of a movie by making it easy to follow by the masses as well as keeping it relatively cheap. Star Wars IP is lucrative and they're gonna milk it until its dry and wear the skin once it's a dried out husk.

Storygrouyp is getting weaker by the day and pretty soon, Execs are going to be in control even further. But hey, Star Wars made Disney billions of dollars, let's be proud of that.
>>
File: 1463907779399.jpg (108 KB, 782x559) Image search: [Google]
1463907779399.jpg
108 KB, 782x559
>>83374846
Why do you always have to be so retarded? In fact, I'm going to prove you wrong. Let's look at three things. The ONLY concern companies have is to make as much money as possible. So let's look at what movies made the most money.
>https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_highest-grossing_films#Highest-grossing_franchises_and_film_series
Okay, the first one is Marvel, now owned by disney and the jews. The second one is YA novels, and the third one is James Bond because there's a million of those movies.
> because saying "they could add some humor" is clearly the same thing as "I want it to be a MCU comedy with no stakes."
That's exactly what it means. If x movie franchise makes money, or rather, makes the most money, other companies copy said thing. If quips, no stakes, and shitty movies make the most money, that's what they'll copy.
>We all know there's literally no middle ground, right?
There isn't. It's all about the numbers. They're not interested in making good movies and never have been.
>It's actually impossible for a film to have some jokes but still be fairly serious. Never been made before in the entire history of film.
>disney
>serious movie
Honestly, Vash. Do you really think disney understands star wars after TFA and the reshoots thing?
>>
>>83374954
They made billions for the wrong reasons. You would expect them to use that money to make something that we want but no, LET'S MAKE A HAN SOLO SPINOFF THAT NO ONE ASKED FOR!
>>
>>83374846
>This is the Suicide Squad thing all over again.
You realize Suicide Squad isn't actually out yet and therefore we also don't know how well the reshoots mesh with the movie or even how good the movie is yet, right?
>>
>>83374918
>Did Lucasfilm not already have people in this position like with MCU familiar with the brand, so Disney installed their own, unfamiliar, execs to handle everything?
They have Storygroup, but I'm not sure how powerful they are.
>>
>>83375003
ginny a shit, luna best girl
>>
File: Sad_Milhouse.png (213 KB, 512x384) Image search: [Google]
Sad_Milhouse.png
213 KB, 512x384
>>83375082
>tfw you'll never ride the tricycle with Luna and Cho
>>
So am I the only one who thought the idea of a dark and gritty star wars movie was going to be terrible.
>>
>>83375171
It can be good if it's done right. Execution is almost everything.
>>
>>83375003

>That's exactly what it means. If x movie franchise makes money, or rather, makes the most money, other companies copy said thing. If quips, no stakes, and shitty movies make the most money, that's what they'll copy.

Yes anon, I'm sure they went to Gareth Edwards, a man who's only two previous movies were deathly serious and dour character dramas and told him to remove everything deathly serious and character-drama related. Adding some humor is not the same thing as RUINED FOREVER

Also I know /swco/ likes to pretend TFA was the worst Star Wars thing ever made, but it was hardly quip-laden and removed of all stakes the way a MCU move was. A handful of jokes does not make it a quip-fest.

>There isn't. It's all about the numbers. They're not interested in making good movies and never have been.

That's every film studio. Plenty of good movies have still been made.

>hurr durr Disney has never made a serious movie ever

You realise Disney owns Touchstone, right? They release serious movies all the time.

>Honestly, Vash. Do you really think disney understands star wars after TFA and the reshoots thing?

Well I enjoyed TFA, so they seem to be doing alright with the movies at least. Less so with the books and comics.
>>
>>83375082
Literally my african twin brother separated at birth.

All the relationships in Harry Potter felt shallow as shit. It felt like Harry had more of a connection with Luna when they bonded over watching their mothers die than he ever had with Ginny. He liked her cause, what, she was a hot redhead and marrying her would have all the main characters married into one big family? Lame.
>>
So do people who hate this whole deal even like Rebels?
>>
>>83375252
I'll hate it AFTER I see it. I made the mistake of hating Rebels before I watched it.
>>
>>83375252
I like Rebels, but as far as I'm concerned the movies and the shows two totally different things and only one of them is made with any sort of care involved.

Hint, it's the one with the least amount of money being thrown at it.
>>
>>83375252
I like Rebels. It's not getting the same amount of attention that the movies are getting, which means less fuckery by Disney execs
>>
>>83375070
Are they actually "executives," in that vague way we use to describe suits who can actually, legally, make shit happen? I suppose that's what you're saying you don't know.

My point was more that it's quite likely the headest of head Disney people aren't directly managing Rogue One, but a chain of go betweens, and they have multiple chains for multiple properties. Meaning some get lighter touches and some get more, depending on the particular dynamics of the suits and artists involved. Some have more familiar, long term relationships with a better idea of the brand, some have little idea and a constrained view. Some are more open, some don't care.

And it depends on what their marching orders from each of their heads. The top guys may just say "make us that money, don't care how, as long as dead hookers don't end up in the news." And then someone in the middle says "we make money by making Star Wars movies" and then someone below them goes "okay, we'll make a bunch of different movies to cover background stuff, so we can milk the brand without pumping out a new numbered version every year. Hire some new hit directors." Then someone below him hires Edwards and lets him do his thing. Then someone else, maybe the exec above him again or maybe just another exec with similar authority, goes "wait, we need to make this more Star Wars. Do some reshoots to add "adventure" to it." Each one reports "missions accomplished" to the dude above them, who goes "k, but if I find out you fucked this up, I'm coming for you." So they work double hard to do what they can to try and appease the guy above them.

It's a long chain of telephone and people trying to accomplish whatever odd goal they've been given to satisfy the guy above them or the committee around them who is trying to satisfy the guys and comittees above them.
>>
>>83375252

Since the disney buyout, I've approached every individual title with skepticism. As it stands thus far, only TFA has let me down. The people behind the comics, novels have done mostly good. And Rebels has been great, and I'm a bit ashamed to have had doubt in it with Filoni behind it. I was afraid it was gonna be only 'muh OT', but it isn't. It pays well deserved homage to the PT and to TCW.
>>
Speaking of practical effects and CGI, someone posted this on /m/, basically some fans filming Star Wars fighter combat using drones: https://youtu.be/2ZLrs9gX73M
>>
File: 1462577791130.jpg (75 KB, 1120x816) Image search: [Google]
1462577791130.jpg
75 KB, 1120x816
>>83375224
>Yes anon, I'm sure they went to Gareth Edwards
Did you miss the part the suits control everything now? The whole reason why they're doing reshoots in the first place?
>I know /swco/ likes to pretend TFA was the worst Star Wars thing ever made
No, it's about on par with the prequels. Slightly worse because the prequels had great music. So yeah, I guess it is the worst star wars movie ever made. .
>That's every film studio. Plenty of good movies have still been made.
Not from Hollywood in a long fucking time.
>You realise Disney owns Touchstone, right? They release serious movies all the time.
Oh really. Somehow I missed this in the thousands of movies I've watched. Vash, you're adorable. Did you ever watch Born Yesterday? It stars you.
>>
>>83375411
>The people behind the comics, novels have done mostly good.
Mostly, there's still crap here and there. Princess Leia's comics for exemple.
>>
>>83375635

>Did you miss the part the suits control everything now? The whole reason why they're doing reshoots in the first place?

And you're equating "reshoots" to being "changing the entire movie" even though we have no idea what the fuck is going on.

>No, it's about on par with the prequels.

You're on drugs. From a performance and directorial standpoint alone that's ridiculous.

>Not from Hollywood in a long fucking time.

Oh, you're one of those. Yes anon, everything as better in the old days.
>>
>>83375411
>only TFA has let me down. The people behind the comics, novels
>novels
>Aftermath
>WENDIG
>>
>>83375635
>No, it's about on par with the prequels. Slightly worse because the prequels had great music. So yeah, I guess it is the worst star wars movie ever made. .
I wouldn't say that. TFA was a better actual movie than any of the prequels. For fuck's sake, the dialog in the prequels is so laughable, Ewan McGregor had to cover his mouth when he said "He... killed younglings" because it's such a dumb line who couldn't stop smiling. None of the CGI sticks out as bad as the prequels, as overblown as that complaint is (this is more due to time than anything attributable to the quality of the movie making enterprise as whole). I'd say there's about the same amount of unnecessary planet hopping, but I think they kept it to a more satisfactory degree than TPM, at least. 3 major set pieces is about usual for Star Wars.

What they are is criminally uncreative movies. Literally the only interesting thing done with them is Finn, who's just "what if a Stormtrooper got fed up and left?," which, to greater or lesser extents, has been done a lot already in the EU. Everyone else, pretty much everyTHING else, is a blatant rehash and remix of stuff from the OT. Nothing actually interesting to work with.

And what the fuck was up with Snoke? How fucking uncreative do you have to be to make a Palpatine knock off that looks like a LotR orc? Jesus fucking christ. The entire breadth of the Star Wars universe of colorful, interesting looking aliens, and we get this abortion of a design? And he has, what, the one not shit hologram projector in the entire galaxy too? It's just dumb.

I enjoyed it more when I watched it than any Prequel, but the prequels had actual cool idea and brought something of their own to the table, if terribly, terribly executed. The old, and some of the new, EU bore that out. We'll see if anything of equal quality can be spun out of TFA's retreading of ANH.
>>
>>83375727
>Yes anon, everything as better in the old days.
Dude, everyone knows Hollywood has sucked for decades, it's not just 4chan being contrarian.

The only thing Hollywood knows how to make is Oscar-bait and Blockbusters, even then they can't get it right most of the time. Hollywood is a gilded apple full of nepotism and bad decisions. The Sony emails were just the tip of the iceberg.
>>
File: 1454721953306.jpg (291 KB, 986x768) Image search: [Google]
1454721953306.jpg
291 KB, 986x768
>>83369786
>>83369848
>that chin
>>
File: Need more Force Awakens.png (87 KB, 1422x350) Image search: [Google]
Need more Force Awakens.png
87 KB, 1422x350
>>83375727
>And you're equating "reshoots" to being "changing the entire movie" even though we have no idea what the fuck is going on.
Not that anon and I don't really want to be a part of you guys' discussion but the reports have sort of told us why they're doing reshoots. Pic related.

It sure seems like they weren't happy with the tone of the movie since it was reported to actually be a war movie at first.
>The pic has not yet been tested before audiences, but one source describes the cut as having the feel of a war movie.
>>
File: ggg.png (1 MB, 534x1041) Image search: [Google]
ggg.png
1 MB, 534x1041
>>83375472
Awesome.>>83375727
>And you're equating "reshoots" to being "changing the entire movie" even though we have no idea what the fuck is going on.
I didn't say that. I don't think he could make a great movie in the first place so it doesn't matter.. But it's clear what kind of movies they want to make after TFA.
>You're on drugs. From a performance and directorial standpoint alone that's ridiculous.
You have no idea what you're talking about.
>Oh, you're one of those. Yes anon, everything as better in the old days.
Are we going to bring up nostalgia again? That magical word that renders every argument invalid because it's old? Star Wars itself is old at this point. Still better than the marvel movies they make nowadays. >>83375926
>I wouldn't say that. TFA was a better actual movie than any of the prequels.
Well, if you're comparing a bad movie to a bad movie it doesn't matter which one is "best" does it? In my opinion they're equally bad. The prequels just wins out because they had epic music. TFA had nothing I cared about.
>And what the fuck was up with Snoke?
I'm guessing they copied the villain from HP movies. Haven't seen them yet though. I'm going to watch them this week.
>>
>>83376010
>Wants a war movie
>Makes a Star Wars movie that feels like one
>Goes back and reshoots parts of it because if feels too much like a war movie
What do these people want?
>>
>>83376111
Money.
>>
>>83376010

>but the reports have sort of told us why they're doing reshoots. Pic related.

Well sure, but what that statement actually means in relation to what's being done in the reshoots is unknown.

>since it was reported to actually be a war movie at first.

It can be a war movie and still have jokes, that's not mutually exclusive. Hell, the kinds of movies Rogue One is clearly based of of, the old WW2 war films, had plenty of humor and one-liners in them.

Go watch The Dirty Dozen or Where Eagles Dare one day, you'll be surprised at how funny they are.
>>
>>83376111
This >>83376125
They want a self sustaining formula that racks in the money.
And now they think they've found it with TFA.

MARVEL
>>
File: Shrugging.png (12 KB, 560x407) Image search: [Google]
Shrugging.png
12 KB, 560x407
>>83376010
What does "match the tone" even mean? is this a Star Wars buzzword for making every movie feel the same way even though this franchise is decades old?
>>
File: 1416393383456.jpg (21 KB, 395x300) Image search: [Google]
1416393383456.jpg
21 KB, 395x300
>>83376161
>Hell, the kinds of movies Rogue One is clearly based of of, the old WW2 war films, had plenty of humor and one-liners in them.
Uh huh. Let's see what Retard One director likes.
>Three of his influences for film-making are George Lucas, Steven Spielberg and Quentin Tarantino.
George Lucas? Makes sense. SS? RED FLAG! QT? DANGER! DANGER!
>His favourite films are Star Wars: Episode IV - A New Hope (1977) , Close Encounters of the Third Kind (1977) , Apocalypse Now (1979) , Baraka (1992), and Reservoir Dogs (1992).
Hahahahahaha!
>>
File: 1463079381626.jpg (21 KB, 473x390) Image search: [Google]
1463079381626.jpg
21 KB, 473x390
>>83375472
That was awesome. And the music is great.
>>
>>83376303
Why didn't they take the eagles to mordor?
>>
>>83375070
The Story Group are put together by Kathleen Kennedy, who is in charge of Lucasfilm. She's pretty much given them the thumbs up to manage the overall Canon across all the media. Each writer and director still has freedom to come up with whatever they like, as long as the LSG doesn't deem it retarded or contradictory with their Canon, which I doubt has really happened so far.

Last Celebration, some writers talked about the LSG's influence, and so far, only minor things like alien races have been altered. I remember one writer said that the LSG would ask for things to be included that wouldn't even make sense for a long time, because they want to keep everything connected and consistent.

This is showing off well in Rebels, what with it's connections to the Kanan comic, Lords of the Sith, A New Dawn, ect.

The understanding was that Lucasfilm would have the freedom to make Star Wars how they wanted, and as far as we know, there hasn't been any meddling from Disney until now. They played nice and let Lucasfilm/JJ do their thing.

So until now, most everybody looked to the Directors/LSG as being in charge of Star Wars. I think we all knew Disney would meddle eventually, but I am surprised it could be so soon. I kind of hoped Lucas would have made sure that his contract protected Lucasfilm from being raped by Disney. We don't know to what extent the r-eshoots are though. For all we know, it could have been a very willing choice from Gareth or Kathleen, and only suggestions from Disney?

But I digress.

The fact that they've cancelled an upcoming comic, supposedly because of this, feels like the LSG are damage controlling to keep Canon consistent, due to changes to Rogue One. Of course, I could be wrong there, just making guesses based on the little info we know.

>>83375082
My nerra
>>
>>83376395
Because the Eagles are not your personal cabs. They have other eagle-related shit to do, and were already awfully nice to show up and save the hobbits sorry ass.
>>
File: Eagle_attacking_orcs.jpg (441 KB, 1920x1200) Image search: [Google]
Eagle_attacking_orcs.jpg
441 KB, 1920x1200
>>83376395
>Why didn't they take the eagles to mordor?
They were making cheese hamburgers which is awfully hard to do so they snatched frodo and sam to use them as cheese hamburger slaves. Those eagles expect payment for their services, man.
>>
>>83376721
>cheese hamburgers
Do you mean cheeseburgers? Or are you talking about cheese that is made to look like hamburgers?
>>
>>83376773
Eagleses are tricksy, my precious.
>>
File: 1464384679646.png (83 KB, 380x376) Image search: [Google]
1464384679646.png
83 KB, 380x376
>>83376773
Cheeseburgers is just what mcdonalds call them. mcdonalds is shit. I make my own.
>>
>>83375926
>TFA was a better actual movie than any of the prequels. For fuck's sake, the dialog in the prequels is so laughable
Are you serious? I know the dialogue in the prequels were off but TFA was really bad too. "You need a teacher! I can show you the ways of the Force!" Jesus. I couldn't stop laughing because this was spoken after he got his ass kicked by a girl. Then you have Poe and Finn's chat on the fighter, the guys on the freighter, Maz's talk with Rey... I could go on.

>None of the CGI sticks out as bad as the prequels
Really? At least with the prequels it actually matched the surroundings because there was that much of it. TFA balanced it really badly like that opening shot with the extremely shiny ships boarding on Jakku then in the next shot you seen the obvious still X-wing fighter. It stood out more because they tried too hard to mix in the practical sets and costumes. That's why people complained about Maz because she was the only CGI character in the room. There are plenty of other times when the CGI was jarring, like Snoke, the final star fighter battle, the creatures chasing after the crew, Star Killer base exploding, the republic worlds getting destroyed etc.
>>
Let's say Ashoka actually takes Vader up on his offer to join the dark side. Does Vader train her as an Inquisitor or as a secret Sith apprentice to help overthrow Sheev?
>>
>>83377062
Yeah dude. Sure.
>>
>>83377062
Probably a "Secret" Apprentice, but it's not like Sheev wouldn't have seen it coming though.
>>
>>83377062
Probably the latter since Ahsoka is a great fighter and force user. Sure, she's no Star Killer but she held her own against Darth Vader.
>>
>>83376996
>"You need a teacher! I can show you the ways of the Force!" Jesus. I couldn't stop laughing because this was spoken after he got his ass kicked by a girl.
Nah, at that moment he was effortlessly kicking her ass.
>>
>>83376996
>Maz
Holy crap did this thing piss me off.

>I know the way of the Force but I wasn't trained
>I somehow have Anakin's lightsaber that was lost on Bespin for no discernable reason
>I also run a criminal joint full of retched scum and villainy. but I'm a good person
>I'm also in love with Chewbacca

What the fuck, if you told me this was a fanfic character some teen girl made, I'd believe you.
>>
>>83377250
But Anon
>that's a story for another time!
>>
http://www.starwarsnewsnet.com/2016/06/star-wars-rogue-one-reshoots-to-add-levity-no-truth-to-audience-screening-rumors.html

When will the "THE REAL STAR WARS FEEL" meme end?
>>
>>83377307
When people stop shouting about "Muh OT" and "Prequels are shit!!!!1111"
>>
>>83377307
It will end when a Star Wars movie does poorly at the box office. My bet would be that Han Solo movie. For some reason, that whole thing just feels like a bad idea, and I like Han Solo. So I really don't know how I feel about this movie.
>>
>>83377335
Never ;.;
>>
>>83377363

>For some reason, that whole thing just feels like a bad idea, and I like Han Solo

It's clear Disney think the exact same thing, that's why they have the 21 Jump Street/Lego Movie guys on it.
>>
File: maz-kanata_a5c3c8a5.jpg (394 KB, 768x432) Image search: [Google]
maz-kanata_a5c3c8a5.jpg
394 KB, 768x432
>>83377250
She's actually a crime lord and she runs the place. Think about it. Imagine how many bodies criminals must put to the ground. But instead they give loot\bodies to Maz so she can chop them up and sell them in her butcher store. That's why there's so many flags. They're flags of defeated enemies and it's a warning to everyone not to fuck with Maz 'Orange" Kanata.
>>
>>83377363
It'll be mediocre, think of it like PotC 4 or the Joey show. Giving a popular character a solo act never works well
>>
>>83377250
>I know the way of the Force but I wasn't trained
She said she was no Jedi and we DO know cultures that know of the Force, even use it, but are neither Jedi or Sith. Even Zeb's people rely on the Force and they don't even call it the Force. Turns out it has many names across the galaxy.

>I somehow have Anakin's lightsaber that was lost on Bespin for no discernable reason
She did say it was a story for another time.

>I also run a criminal joint full of retched scum and villainy. but I'm a good person
She's over a thousand years old. She did the pirate stuff in her rowdy centuries. Now she's retired runs a bar out of her place (hardly some vast criminal enterprise), surrounded by the treasures that are the memories of her past exploits. Hondo probably would have wound up doing the same if the Empire hadn't destroyed his operation and all his men.

>I'm also in love with Chewbacca
Hey, who isn't. Be honest.
>>
>>83377548
>ywn spoon Chewie
>>
>>83377363
They killed him like a chump and now they're raping his corpse.
>>
File: 1436455948309.png (556 KB, 1022x618) Image search: [Google]
1436455948309.png
556 KB, 1022x618
>>83377441
>Philip A. "Phil" Lord (born July 12, 1975) and Christopher Robert Miller (born September 23, 1975) are American film and television writers, producers, directors, actors and animators. Lord and Miller met at Dartmouth College. They are known for directing and writing the animated films Cloudy with a Chance of Meatballs (2009) and The Lego Movie (2014), as well as directing the live-action comedy film 21 Jump Street (2012) and its sequel 22 Jump Street (2014). Their films have received commercial success.

>http://www.starwars.com/news/christopher-miller-and-phil-lord-to-helm-han-solo-anthology-film

Dear lord, I thought you were joking. This thing might be more fucked than I thought. What's going to be the "tone" for this movie?
>>
>>83374043
Fuck you Disney if you keep marketing this disaster as a war film yet pull this shit.
>>
>>83377482
>Giving a popular character a solo act never works well
But it's not even a popular character. Han Solo is Harrison Ford. Nobody wants someone else pretending to be Han Solo.
>>
>>83377443
She doesn't seem to be an active criminal. She's just running a bar out of her old castle. It's open to all as long as they leave their politics at the door (that worked wonders).

People seem to have this view of her as a Mafia Don who owns and operates a "family style restaurant for the discerning type customer" and after a big meal of spaghetti talk about who they are gonna whack and by whack I mean sexually stimulate to death. Just seems like she's just open to having old friends and new show up, enjoy a drink and stories, the more embellished the better.
>>
>>83377594

No, they hired them because they're famous for taking doomed projects and making them work.

Cloudy With A Chance Of Meatballs, 21 Jump Street and The Lego Movie should all have been terrible movies, but they all worked. Now they're being applied to another seemingly doomed project.
>>
>>83377588
Where's that gif of George Lucas raping Indiana Jones? We need to superimpose the Mouse logo on that.
>>
I'm pretty sure Maz being "in love" with Chewie is just a joke between friends and nothing more.

I mean, I have two friends (who are not in a relationship, just friends) whose in-joke is they're the parents of a ginger cat ('cause one of the two is a souless red-head), so why not.
>>
>>83377637
Disney Masterpiece Collection
>>
>>83377647
"Hey Han, remember when you were married to that woman who was in lesbians with Darth Vader's booty girl?"
>>
>>83377647
Agreed. I like to blow my bro but as a joke, it's not a gay relationship or something.
>>
>>83377307
tfw the only 'classic' and 'real' Star Wars movie is A New Hope and everyone will be following that line of thought moving forward as if none of the other movies existed
>>
>>83377695
At least that explains how Han heard about Aphra. Even if it's terribly, terribly stupid.
>>
>>83377696
>Giving your homie a good morning kiss with a mouthful of his baby-batter
Classic prank
>>
>>83377647
Plus Chewie's still a married Wookiee. Malla was brought back into canon by that new youth novelization of ANH.
>>
File: 1415775846753.jpg (49 KB, 729x190) Image search: [Google]
1415775846753.jpg
49 KB, 729x190
>>83377628
No, but she's obviously a copy of Yoda, which is cool in my opinion, even if it's lazy as fuck. My problem with it is that Yoda was a jedi master so it makes sense he can live on his own in a seemingly very dangerous place and survive. Maz runs a joint filled with criminals and honestly, who normal person goes to a place like that unless they want to get robbed\killed? Nobody, that's who. But if she is a criminal then it suddenly makes sense.
>Just seems like she's just open to having old friends and new show up, enjoy a drink and stories, the more embellished the better.
They were obviously thugs. It's a copy of the cantina scene from the original. Obi-Wan himsely said they were all scum.
>>
>>83377787
Yeah, he loves that...
>>
>>83377787
CHOO CHOO
>>
>>83377954
BROJOB
>>
File: 1463807505429.jpg (18 KB, 600x268) Image search: [Google]
1463807505429.jpg
18 KB, 600x268
>>83375472
Quality content, thanks for sharing it mate.
>>
>>83377816
Well she's small and old and wise, but let's be honest being old can lend itself to being small and wise.

I think she's more a pastiche between Yoda and Lando. She's old and wise, but not meant to train anyone. Just facilitate their journey. She also operates a less than legal establishment (she has no problems serving criminals as long as they don't bring their work into her place). She didn't betray them but someone in her bar did, and afterward she helps them.

Of course she's not a direct copy of either, just elements, and sometimes inverted. Luke lost his saber at Lando's, Maz gives that same saber to the heroes to deliver back to Luke.
>>
>>83375711
Princess Leia was't great, and I wouldn't go out of my way to recommend it to people, but I wouldn't call it bad either. It didn't do anything overly offputting, not in the way, say, Aftermath was.

It actually had some decent contributions to the new canon, albeit just bits and pieces here. The Alliance had other bases beyond Yavin and Ackbar was already a big man in the Rebellion. The Empire was planning on wiping out the surviving Alderaanians, all of them. Leia decides to get the band back together as best she can. There is actually a New Alderaan somewhere, or at least a flotilla of Alderaanian ships hiding from the Empire. We had Alderaanian cultural group who tuned out to be assholes and spies for some reason. Leia gave her mother's bling to Nien Nunb. Artoo got a bunch of Stormtroopers eaten by creatures who actually just wanted the minerals in their armor.

At worst it failed to capitalize on it's good points and was just boring. Shattered Empire did a much better job and it was told in single-issue vignettes each showcasing a different adventure. Really liked those creepy monk droids Sidious has spreading his contingency orders to ensure he has his revenge in case of his death.
>>
File: 1462232111646.jpg (6 KB, 192x199) Image search: [Google]
1462232111646.jpg
6 KB, 192x199
>>83378529
>Leia gave her mother's bling to Nien Nunb
>>
File: STWLEIA2015004-int2-3-f526b.jpg (333 KB, 900x1366) Image search: [Google]
STWLEIA2015004-int2-3-f526b.jpg
333 KB, 900x1366
>>83378839
Leia actually gave him her mother's cherished necklace of silver sealed Alderaan condoms, ironically dubbed the Fire when Readies.
>>
File: hqdefault.jpg (7 KB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
hqdefault.jpg
7 KB, 480x360
>>83370753
>glaring, obviously bad CG
This is such a nitpicking complaint. I never hear people bitch about Gollum and he's extremely dated and so are the Wargs, Orcs some of the action scenes in Lord Of The Rings. It's just dated but it was cutting edge at it's release. People didn't even know the Clones were CGI.

Dumbasses think it looks like a video game. This is what videogame CG looked like at the time. They weren't fluid or filled with motion just talking blocks.
>>
>>83379646
The fun thing is a lot of people who complain about the bad cgi often pick out the wrong parts, proving they don't even KNOW what parts of the movie are CGI to begin with. Like the columns in the Jedi Temple that turned out to be a matte painting but we've had people swear up and down were "PS2 level CGI".

I'm inclined towards the opinion here myself >>83371500 because heavens forbid the effects in the Prequels don't look convincing when shown in a video definition they weren't intended for.
>>
>>83379646
>This is such a nitpicking complaint.
Fuck you.
>>
>>83379909
>Fuck you
What did he mean by this?
>>
>>83380101
The comment he responded to finally triggered his balls dropping but they broke when they hit the ground so he's most perturbed.
>>
File: welp.png (374 KB, 651x434) Image search: [Google]
welp.png
374 KB, 651x434
>Rogue One being reshot to lighten the mood and make it more like The Force Awakens

And here I was expecting something new and exciting. There goes all my hype.
>>
>>83379646
People still don't know that the Clones are CGI and they believe that sets and pieces like the ships, cities like Naboo and the Chancellor's office are all CGI. What's ironic is that these people actually believe that nearly everything in TFA are practical. Remember the static X-wing and Falcon model we saw? They literally only use them in a couple of shots. The same goes with BB-8.

>>83379851
The movements of the CGI was fine. It's mostly just the texture and lighting at times that look off when watching them in HD. They could easily update those and I hope they do in the future.
>>
>>83380221
It might not be too bad, buy my hype for this movie has drastically lessened.
>>
File: 54p498f9.jpg (100 KB, 971x651) Image search: [Google]
54p498f9.jpg
100 KB, 971x651
>>83380399
>buy my hype
I'll give you 5 dollars. (I'm not a disney shill, honest)>>83380354
>People still don't know that the Clones are CGI
So what? Most people are clueless when it comes to movies. Some people think animation is real for crying out loud
>>
>>83380221
Movie reshoots happen more often than you think.
>>
>>83380221
>>83380399
Meh, I'll still go see it.

As long as we haven't hit the point where anyone is getting attacked for saying they don't want to see it, then we've yet to hit rock bottom
>>
>>83380536
The problem is they must have been so drastic that Disney even cancelled the upcoming Rogue One comic. Is that normal?
>>
File: Lightsabers.jpg (85 KB, 960x720) Image search: [Google]
Lightsabers.jpg
85 KB, 960x720
All this Rogue One hearsay has me feeling kinda dismal. I mean...if every Sequel era movie is going to follow the same formula as Ep. VII, then the future feels kinda disappointing. JJ set the tone for this new era and it makes me so damn sad that Disney is going to push the style he set down.

Not just in terms of tone, but in directing, concept, cinematography, and design. And that fucking sucks.

I can only hope that when Rebels ends its run, Filoni is put in charge of doing a show set between the OT and ST era. And that's where he puts all his old-EU love letters, as he fills in the blanks during that time period.

Or he recanonizes Shadows of the Empire. That'd be cool.
>>
>>83377695
Han married Barriss?
>>
>>83380855
Agreed.
I am definitely more cautious about Rogue One than I was before these news.
We really don't need every Star Wars movie to be like The Force Awakens.

Fine if they want to keep the "main stories" in a similar tone, but keep the anthologies out that.
Let them be their own works of arts have the directors put their own twists on Star Wars.

I don't want Star Wars to be turned into Marvel.
>>
File: George-Lucas.jpg (13 KB, 214x314) Image search: [Google]
George-Lucas.jpg
13 KB, 214x314
Miss me yet?
>>
This thread is awful so far.
>>
File: 1463241847125.jpg (100 KB, 1279x724) Image search: [Google]
1463241847125.jpg
100 KB, 1279x724
>>83381378
I'll never forgive teddybears or the prequels, so no. If true fans say rouge one is actually good, I'll watch it. Same with any other movie. I trust fans rather than critics or normies that doesn't care about sw at all.
>>
>>83381411
>true fans
What is a true fan?
How can you tell? Makes so sense.
>>
File: swc30_cardfan.png (695 KB, 700x565) Image search: [Google]
swc30_cardfan.png
695 KB, 700x565
So Kyle Katarn is in one of the new card games thats coming out sometime soon. He has a new look and everything. No beard, still has his signature blaster, and the card describes him as Force-Sensitive

So is he canon now? When and where is he gonna show up?
>>
>>83381411
>not liking the ewoks
>completely rejecting the prequels
>trusts true fans
??
>>
File: Absolutely Disgusting.jpg (42 KB, 400x269) Image search: [Google]
Absolutely Disgusting.jpg
42 KB, 400x269
>>83381436
>Kyle Katarn
>No beard
Why? That was the best part.
>>
>>83380672
If you don't go see it you better work on a damn good excuse as to why not. Fanbases are rabid these days, and worse, sensible and reasonable discussion of anything popular is thrown out the window in favor of talking about the various sex/gender-politics the film is representing.

You can already see shades of it by the reaction to Ep. VII. Some people didn't like Ep. 7 because of any number of reasons, but unfortunately one of those reasons was that Rey was a flat character who wasn't that interesting. Next thing you know, a dozen or so web articles calling out the fanbase for being woman hating beta dweebs that just need to get over their entitlement. It's only gotten worse as time has gone on, as evidenced by the Ghostbusters remake.

Now with Rogue One casting a female lead, social media is going to consider any criticism of the film an attack on that one aspect which they think of as a sacred cow.

Get ready for at least a decade of shitty movies you can't say are shit in public, lest you face a social shaming. Except for maybe the Han Solo movie. That one looks like shit, and has a male lead so social media might not defend it as hard.
>>
>>83381436
Why would that card game be canon? It's an expansion pack, from the looks, of an already existing game. It also includes Rogue Squadron in it's "super awesome space ships" role, which is no longer canon as well.
>>
File: 5454643613123.png (85 KB, 268x269) Image search: [Google]
5454643613123.png
85 KB, 268x269
>>83380452
If people are clueless then they shouldn't be allowed to spout nonsense.
>>
File: 1459999334000.jpg (12 KB, 430x430) Image search: [Google]
1459999334000.jpg
12 KB, 430x430
>>83381411
>>
>>83381504

Rogue Squadron was in Empire so no they are canon
>>
>>83381497
>If you don't go see it you better work on a damn good excuse as to why not.
Easy, I didn't want to see it.

> social media
>Caring about social media and letting it consume your life and opinions
Heh, no. If I didn't like a movie, I'm just gonna go right ahead and say it.
>>
>>83381497
>Han Solo movie

Which means it'll be torn apart for not having a female lead. Such is the fate of being in a world where you're labeled a racist for calling a girl fat
>>
>>83381591
They exist, but the only thing they have to their name in the new canon is what they did on Hoth. Nothing from the books that everyone remembers them for.
>>
>>83381436
Given he's listed as a mercenary and it states "long before he became a Jedi" I imagine that's meant to be his Dark Forces 1 self, without the beard.
>>
File: tumblr_mxqq5beLO61t3v6blo6_500.jpg (73 KB, 500x491) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_mxqq5beLO61t3v6blo6_500.jpg
73 KB, 500x491
http://www.gameinformer.com/b/features/archive/2015/12/16/darth-maul-would-have-looked-stunning-in-unreal-4.aspx?PostPageIndex=1

Old article I know but all this talk about executive meddling made me remember this

>mfw no gorgeous Darth Maul game ever
>>
>>83381489
>>83381436
Does this card game mean Kyle Katarn is canon?

>>83381411
You are everything wrong with 'fandom'
You reject the aspects you don't enjoy like a hindu rejecting a leper, and build up what you consider the 'right' aspects to enjoy. Not only that, you shout and yell and shit your pants until your way of thinking becomes the common way of thinking, ruining the franchise for everyone but you and your own little group of autists.

Every one of The Prequels were better than Episode VII, and George Lucas selling Star Wars to Disney was the worst thing to happen to the franchise.
>>
File: 1463634111476.jpg (543 KB, 1400x1002) Image search: [Google]
1463634111476.jpg
543 KB, 1400x1002
>>83381790
>You are everything wrong with 'fandom'
Yeah, sure. Except nothing you said actually applies to me. I live the high life in the true fan SW community where autism is outlawed.
>>
>>83381886
Anon, what do you consider a true fan?
>>
>>83381790
>Does this card game mean Kyle Katarn is canon?
No you idiot
>>
>>83377062
I think he'd take her as an apprentice.
Sheev would undoubtedly put Vader in the same spot he put Ddoku when he learned about Ventress.
The question then isn't about whether or not Vader could destroy Ahsoka, because yeah, easy, but whether or not he could destroy Palpatine. I feel Vader would be more likely to rally against Palpatine in that case than Dooku would.
Having said all that, Ahsoka would probably make a pretty poor Sith apprentice in the long run. We know she can tap into her Dark Side because Anakin isn't the best influence as a master but I'm not really sure that she could ever bring herself to try and destroy Vader and even if she did, I doubt she ever physically could.
Plus, if you throw Luke into the equation, Vader might toss her aside to groom him.
>>
File: 1460277022592.jpg (136 KB, 1100x747) Image search: [Google]
1460277022592.jpg
136 KB, 1100x747
>>83381957
Easy, If you don't have a fetish about Twi'Leks and Togruta, you're not a true fan.
>>
File: Darth-Maul-and-Darth-Talon.png (525 KB, 500x638) Image search: [Google]
Darth-Maul-and-Darth-Talon.png
525 KB, 500x638
>>83381760
>And they were good friends
>>
>>83381592
"I didn't want to go see it," isn't good enough anymore anon.

I've tried, but at least in my case friends and family always demand exact explanations to my vague and intangible feelings of disinterest. Any attempt to explain is then met with assumptions of misogyny at worst and at best plebian tastes.

If this is not so for you anon then you are more fortunate than some.
>>
>>83382084
This made more sense than I expected...
>>
>>83382084
I don't, especially Twi'leks. Honestly, they're like Orion Slave Girls and are used in so much porn, it's now vanilla and boring to see them. Togruta are getting to that point as well.
>>
>>83382151
Fuck off you're not a true fan and your opinion is disregarded.
>>
>>83382117
What kind of shit friends do you have? Hell, the people I hang out with are bonafide social workers. They don't get in a hissyfit over stupid shit like movie leads.
>>
>>83382234
your case workers aren't your friends anon
>>
>>83382230
No anon.
You are not a true fan.
Your opinion is worthless.
>>
>>83382084
Muh dick.
>>
>>83382117
Your friends sound shitty
>>
>>83382881
Says the non-fan.
>>
Since 9 year-olds are apparently too old to be trained, what did Jedi decide to do with force-sensitives who found out about their force-sensitivity much later, like late youth or young adulthood? I'd imagine superpowered hormonal adolescents would make easy targets for dark side corruption.

If they didn't acquiesce to Qui-Gon or Obi-wan's wishes, would the council really have let the most force sensitive child in the galaxy return to a shitty life on crime-ridden Tatooine, unattended?
>>
>>83382976
You'd know, seeing as how you're not a fan.
>>
So now we'll get fun SW Movies forever? Dammit.
Also, forget about getting content as dark as TCW. With Disney we will get pure Rebel tier shit
>>
>>83382993
>what did Jedi decide to do with force-sensitives who found out about their force-sensitivity much later, like late youth or young adulthood?
Rounded up and turned into Jawa Juice.
>>
File: MakPlain-AOF.png (676 KB, 640x816) Image search: [Google]
MakPlain-AOF.png
676 KB, 640x816
Post best species from your point of view
>>
>>83383496
Umm Eh Eh Eh Umm Umm Eh Umm Eh Umm had a big nose for a Muun
>>
File: 12345235.png (605 KB, 1920x834) Image search: [Google]
12345235.png
605 KB, 1920x834
>>83383496
>>
>>83369786
>Darth Vader #21
>Out this Week
LIES
>>
>>83383564
No.
>>
>>83383567
Those are for next week since there was nothing out this week.
>>
File: MakPlain-POP.png (390 KB, 612x816) Image search: [Google]
MakPlain-POP.png
390 KB, 612x816
>>83383539
Don't be insulting, it's not like he's a human.
>>
File: Mirialans.png (1 MB, 1948x608) Image search: [Google]
Mirialans.png
1 MB, 1948x608
>>83383496
Yellow/Green waifus are best waifus
>>
>>83384031
>best corpses
ftfy
>>
>>83375472
Pretty damn awesome
>>
>tfw Rogue One will never have dem screams
https://vimeo.com/151952481
>>
>>83384031
you're so vanilla it hurts
>>
>>83381436
What card game is this?
>>
>>83383496
You can't deny it.
>>
>>83384559
>Wookiees can rip your arms off
>Togrutas and Twi'lekks are sex goddess
>You can't influence the mind of Hutts or Toydarians
>But if you want the job done, you need some humans
>>
>>83370556
The CGI isn't quite as bad as people say, but when it's bad, it's pretty freaking bad. George has always wanted things to look exactly the way he pictures them in his head, and once CGI was at his disposal, he finally felt like he could do that.

AoTC is the worst example of Lucas' CG obsession. Remember when Mace Windu cuts Jango Fett's head off? They actually CGed the shot of his helmet falling on the ground just because Lucas wanted it to look absolutely perfect.

It looks fake as all shit.

The prequels may not be as bad as people say, but there are some very legitimate complaints, and the overreliance on CG is one of them.
>>
>>83384657
Trandoshans and Geonosians combining their strengths would wipe the floor with a human army.
>>
File: Duros.png (2 MB, 1380x878) Image search: [Google]
Duros.png
2 MB, 1380x878
>>83383496
I like Duros but I'm a bit weird.
>>
File: nmvdlmrDcO1rytkhdo2_r1_500.png (269 KB, 500x385) Image search: [Google]
nmvdlmrDcO1rytkhdo2_r1_500.png
269 KB, 500x385
>>83384559
>>83384657
My human kinsman from another system
>>
File: screenshot.png (721 KB, 498x883) Image search: [Google]
screenshot.png
721 KB, 498x883
>>83384804
I'm undecided if I prefer them with the weird big heads and wonky proportions of the OT/KOTOR or the more balanced look later intoduced that makes them a bit boring. You wouldn't believe how much Duros/Cad Bane porn I've seen, apparently for the ladies on tumblr it's what Togruta are.
>>
File: Traggissk_Reosss.jpg (67 KB, 504x528) Image search: [Google]
Traggissk_Reosss.jpg
67 KB, 504x528
>>83383496
Trandoshans are one of the best.
>>
File: latest[1].png (2 MB, 1560x878) Image search: [Google]
latest[1].png
2 MB, 1560x878
>>83384804
Duros are great.
Them and Ithorians are my favorites.
>>
File: image.jpg (463 KB, 858x612) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
463 KB, 858x612
>>83383496
Rodians
>>
File: Gilad_Pellaeon.jpg (82 KB, 394x472) Image search: [Google]
Gilad_Pellaeon.jpg
82 KB, 394x472
So when episode 8/9 reveals the first order capital what do you expect/want it to loke like.
personaly im kinda hoping for Bastion 2.0
>>
File: Bastion_base.jpg (28 KB, 376x269) Image search: [Google]
Bastion_base.jpg
28 KB, 376x269
>>83385547
slightly more appropriate pic
>>
>>83385547
It's going to be Albert Speer's sketchbook and you know it.
>>
>>83385472
The one in lower left corner looks so happy, his antannae look like perky ears and he's got that 8Y mouth...
>>
>>83383496
I was pretty partial towards Falleens
>>
>>83384657
What if the job involves sex, concealing secrets from Jedi and the tearing off of limbs?
>>
>>83385694
>It's going to be Albert Speer's sketchbook and you know it.

>Implying it's a bad thing.

According to some additional fluff, Snoke doesn't have a fixed base of operation but a mobile center of command, so a big starship of some sort may be the "capital".

A capital ship in short.
>>
>>83385965
Eclipse confirmed
>>
>>83386147
If it can one-shot big starships but can't destroy planets, why not.
>>
>>83385876
you call Sheev
>>
>>83385876
That sounds like a job for Obi-Wan.
>>
File: 1460928975726.png (42 KB, 400x400) Image search: [Google]
1460928975726.png
42 KB, 400x400
>>83384072
>>
>>83384280
That was eerie.
>>
The not Star Wars Show
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZogxZS-GRAw
>Dennis Muren, Star Wars Table Top Games, and Star Wars Fan Film Awards News | The Star Wars Show
>>
>>83387169
>that Leia smear campaign
kek
>>
File: lego rogue one.jpg (226 KB, 801x677) Image search: [Google]
lego rogue one.jpg
226 KB, 801x677
So it begins
>>
File: minifigs.jpg (239 KB, 969x675) Image search: [Google]
minifigs.jpg
239 KB, 969x675
>>83388591
>>
>>83388591
Oh shit
Source pls?
Is there more?
>>
File: tank.jpg (233 KB, 901x714) Image search: [Google]
tank.jpg
233 KB, 901x714
>>83388631
>>
>>83388631
>the droid and the aliens get minifigures
YESSSSSSSSs

>>83388591
Also this picture confirms what that one guy said about the U-Wing, IT IS a dropship!
And AT-ST's confirmed
>>
>>83388636
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GjQ_VUYXm3A

These pics are pretty much it
>>
>>83388731
Ah, awesome, thanks for sharing Anon
>>
>>83388644
Tank goodness.
>>
>>83388591
>that black shuttle

do want
>>
>>83388591
Can someone actually explain to me why Rogue One, the movie that supposedly ends 10 minutes before episode 4 has more original ship designs in this small spoiler of lego sets then TFA had in it's entire 2.5 hour run?

Is JJ that much of a hack or is this just a preview of how out of touch the Rogue One crew is with the rest of the star wars universe?

Also I'm pretty sick of the special snowflake troopers. I mean really there isn't a single OT stormtrooper in this entire wave of sets. what? But we now have Shoretroopers, for like, shores I guess?

Come back to us George, you're are only hope.
>>
>>83389865
>Is JJ that much of a hack or is this just a preview of how out of touch the Rogue One crew is with the rest of the star wars universe?

The former. They actually designed a bunch of new ships for TFA that JJ ended up trashing for "Muh Nostalgia"
>>
>>83389865
Shut up, autismo.
>>
>>83389865
>I mean really there isn't a single OT stormtrooper in this entire wave of sets.
Well, Legos as already tons of OT vanilla stormtoopers, so maybr they don't see the point of making others?
>>
>>83389913
But he's right.
>>
>>83389865
>muh OT bloobloo
Shut up
>>
>>83389970
Shut up, autismo.
>>
>>83389911
GodFUcKingSHitIHateHiM

>>83389913
>can't think of a reasonable argument
>I know! I'll tell him to shut up and call him autistic!

way to use the force kiddo
>>
>>83389998
Great post. Upboated +10
>>
>>83390011
>>83390022
Autism
>>
>>83388631
>Mini-fig for the Director or whatever his title is
I need this so much
>>
>>83389950
Lego recently updated their Stormtrooper. So the new design only has two iterations available in sets. You can't army build them for shit right now which is sad

>>83390030
I understand your condition, you can sit and watch the big boys talk but just try not to hurt yourself there okay champ?
>>
>>83390097
>watch the big boys talk
>he says while throwing a fit about Lego on a chinese cartoon forum
>>
>>83390109
Thanks for the colour commentary there boyo, say it again for those in the back!

And I'm not talking about the lego, I'm talking about the movie.
>>
>>83390030
Repetition of certain words and phrases is a common sign of autism.
>>
>>83390162
>>83390169
Keep it up, boys.
>>
>>83390109
but he's actually talking about SW stuff not calling everyone an autist
>>
File: 1460885940898.jpg (78 KB, 600x800) Image search: [Google]
1460885940898.jpg
78 KB, 600x800
>>83390193
Is there a problem, anon? Do you hate nerds or something?
>>
>>83369786
Hey does anybody have screencaps from the Asshole moment from the last thread?
>>
>>83390193
erm... okay? Is that a threat or something? What are you gonna do, disintegrate me or something? Nice try Booba Fett.

You guys need to stop defending TFA cause to be frank it wasn't as great as some of you made it out to be. JJ really dropped the ball on it.
>>
File: Always_Two_There_Are_42_.png (311 KB, 608x540) Image search: [Google]
Always_Two_There_Are_42_.png
311 KB, 608x540
Ugh, time to abandon thread.
>>
>>83390300
Check the archive.
>>
>>83390300
>They're like assholes, and I slaughtered them like assholes!
>>
>>83390350
Your mother was a gonk droid
>>
File: 1461050275101.jpg (18 KB, 408x408) Image search: [Google]
1461050275101.jpg
18 KB, 408x408
>>83390350
If you insist, dear sir, we will continue to amuse your pathetic and twisted ego without end.

Always know that there's a home for you here in /swco/.
>>
>>83390469
>>83390499
Still here
>>
>>83390519
Your peepee is small, ha ha.
>>
>>83389865
They had plenty of original designs. The problem is they mostly sucked. You can enjoy the FO landing box or the brave Resistance landing box.

At least some people liked Kylo Ren's landing craft. Can't say I did, I thought the giant wings were ridiculous. I guess JJ wanted it to swoop down from the sky like a vast predatory bird but for a space ship that is a bit goofy looking.
>>
File: ASSHOLES.png (407 KB, 1798x618) Image search: [Google]
ASSHOLES.png
407 KB, 1798x618
>>83390300
>>
File: 03_13010622_e117dd_2601543a.jpg (203 KB, 1000x1500) Image search: [Google]
03_13010622_e117dd_2601543a.jpg
203 KB, 1000x1500
>>83390519
So is he.
>>
>>83384559
>>>/pol/
>>
File: gVkS4sb.jpg (522 KB, 2448x3264) Image search: [Google]
gVkS4sb.jpg
522 KB, 2448x3264
>>83389911
>They actually designed a bunch of new ships for TFA
Pics or link?
>>
>>83390519
You'd let a pack of sandpeople gangbang your sister for some power converters.
>>
File: Question.png (232 KB, 550x686) Image search: [Google]
Question.png
232 KB, 550x686
>>83390679
>Being pro-human makes you a pretend-Nazi
Okay...
>>
File: ships.png (965 KB, 886x613) Image search: [Google]
ships.png
965 KB, 886x613
>>83390687
Not that anon but there were plenty of cool designs in the concept art book for TFA.
I have no idea if there is a copy in the pasebin though.
>>
>>83390763
GODDAMN IT JJ
>>
>>83390584
>>83390668
>>83390734
>>
>>83390757
Trump is l i t e r a l l y Palpatine
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 143

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.