[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What Rebirth Titles are you looking forward to the most /co/?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 101
Thread images: 9
File: image.jpg (2 MB, 1200x4800) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
2 MB, 1200x4800
What Rebirth Titles are you looking forward to the most /co/?
>>
>>83354032
Anything Superman Family related.
>>
>>83354032
Wonder Woman mostly
>>
>Deathstroke
>Wonder Woman
>Hellblazer
>Supergirl
>Nightwing
>Blue Beetle
>>
Wonder Woman. Pretty much everything else is in the maybe pile until I read it
>>
I dunno. Not really a whole lot is grabbing my attention outside of any book with new characters like that Chinese Superman one. Then again I think I might just take a step back from comics for a while and pick up everything once they come out on trades

Remember back when the New 52 had 52 books? That was a weird time
>>
Each and every title that reference or include Dr. Manhattan.
>>
Deathstroke, Batman and maybe Nightwing

Fairly shit looking lineup desu
>>
Wonder Woman and Blue Beetle is ehat I'm most hyped for but I hope King can sell me on Batman too.

I like Christopher Priest but I couldn't give less of a shit about Deathstroke so I'm reluctant to add it to my pull-list straight off.
>>
>>83354956
Kill yourself
>>
>Harley Quinn
>Still in Palmiotti and Conner's hands

It is just gonna be the same shit. Just end me already faum.
>>
>>83354032
Batman, Nightwing, Wonder Woman, Blue Beetle, and Green Arrow are guaranteed.

Everything else is a maybe until I can read their first issues in a storytime. I hope Superdad is good.
>>
Pretty committed to Blue Beetle and Gotham Academy. Kind of talking myself into Superwoman and fighting the urge to pull Titans out of pure characterfaggotry (muh Wally). Some books I'll tradewait too though (WW, Nightwing, probably Batman).

>>83354976
>I like Christopher Priest but I couldn't give less of a shit about Deathstroke so I'm reluctant to add it to my pull-list straight off.

This is how I feel. I wish it was just a monthly since I'd feel better taking a risk on it.
>>
>>83354765
>>83354875
>>83354924
>>83354976
>>83355056

WW seems to have everyone excited. I'm adding it to my list. Rebirth sold me on Titans. Tom King and Mikel Janin already had me with Batman. Superman seems like he could be fun, so naturally I'll get all the supes books. GL seems to be the only one I'm not sold on yet.
>>
Batman
Trinity
New Superman
Maybe Superman

What titles are following up on the Manhattan storyline?
>>
>>83355255
Not sure yet, but since it heavily involves Wally, Titans seems like it would. Maybe Flash.
>>
Birds of Prey
>>
>>83354032
>Deathstroke
>Batman
>Supergirl
>Nightwing
>Suicide Squad (Ostrander's mini in particular, but will be checking out the main series as well)
>Trinity for the art
>>
>>83354991
No you
I love the concept of blue dick man
>>
Super Shotas!
>>
>>83354032
Is Joshua Williamson any good?
I want to know if Flash has a chance of getting better with Rebirth.
>>
>>83355531
Hes a character not a concept and he needs a good writer to shine (he will probably not be written by a good writer)
>>
>Deathstroke for Priest
>Wonder Woman for Rucka
>Nightwing for Seeley and Grayson in general
>Batman for King

There are a few like Trinity, Blue Beetle, Titans, and Green Arrow I'm interested in but not sure of the quality or can't afford it, so I'll at least get the trades of those if I like what I see on /co/.

>>83354976
>I like Christopher Priest but I couldn't give less of a shit about Deathstroke so I'm reluctant to add it to my pull-list straight off.
Same. Priest is gonna have to be godly on Deathstroke for me to care about Slade, but I'm giving him the benefit of the doubt, since he hasn't really failed me before so I'm at least getting the first two.
>>
>>83355556
>getting excited for a book with no creative team

enjoy Lobdell
>>
>>83355586
Birthright and Nailbiter are good, but Williamson may be one of those writers who can't do big 2 or capes for well.

The dude is a big Flashfag so he may do better on it than he did his marvel stuff.
>>
>>83355696
What was his Marvel stuff?
>>
Flash, Green Arrow, Red Hood, and Green Lantern

Might check out New Superman and maybe Shazam! too whenever it fucking decides to come out
>>
In no particular order:
Green Arrow
Wonder Woman
Flash
Trinity
Batgirl
Action Comics
Aquaman
Superman
Blue Beetle
>>
>>83355556
This
>>
>>83355719
I think he did Illuminati and it isn't anything particularly noteworthy
>>
>>83355586
>Is Joshua Williamson any good?
Your mileage may vary with him. I think, overall, he's been getting better and better as a writer: I mean, his longest run on a DC comic was on Voodoo, towards the beginning of the New52 (and that was just 6 issues). His Image comics are, bare minimum, pretty readable if not great stuff.

With Ghosted, Nailbiter, and Birthright under his belt, it'll be interesting to see how Williamson handles truly big name like The Flash.

>I want to know if Flash has a chance of getting better with Rebirth.

Oh, absolutely. There's not a single doubt in mind that it'll outshine the last 22(?) issues the series. And I'd even go so far as to think that, at least writing-wise, it'll beat out ManaBooch.

I don't know if hype is the right word to describe my interest (I still very much want to see Williamson's full approach for this, which probably won't be evident until Rebirth and #1 both come out), but this will definitely be a step in the right direction for the series.
>>
>>83355696

He's going to really have to try to be worse than Venditti though.
>>
My short $30 MSRP per month list. And for shits and giggles, * for things that additional things I'd get by pre-ordering everything and dropping the price to $2 each.

Batman
Flash
Cyborg
Wonder Woman
Batgirl
New Super-Man
* Nightwing
* Green Arrow
* Blue Beetle
>>
>>83356236
Oh definitely

Williamson has the relief of coming after one of the worst Flash runs of all time. He could be mediocre and people will be thankful he's not shit like the guys before him.
>>
>Definitely
Wonder Woman
Nightwing
Batman
Flash
Deathstroke
Blue Beetle

>Maybe
Supergirl
Superwoman
Super Shotas
Superman
New Super-man
Teen Titans
Titans
Green Arrow

>Picking them up even though I already know I'm going to be disappointed
Green Lanterns
Hal Jordan & the GLC
>>
Batman and Wonder Woman are on my absolutely must read list because those creative teams and characters are up there in my favorites. To a lesser extent I like Supergirl and Orlando as well plus the art looks good so definitely picking that up.

I'll probably try a ton of others via storytimes and see which are good and decide from there. Right now on that list are Nightwing, Deathstroke, Green Lanterns, Flash, Green Arrow, Titans, New Super-Man, Blue Beetle, Superwoman, Superman, maybe some I'm forgetting. After the first issue I'll probably drop like half those and then even more by the end of the first arc though so I'm not worried about overloading on stuff to read.

Also I don't know if the Sixpack and Dogwelder book counts as a Rebirth book but I'll be getting that too and all the Young Animal books since they all look really good. All-Star Batman too.
>>
The only titles that caught my attention are Batgirl, Hellblazer and Trinity, and that's only because they all happen to feature some of my favorite artists. If Jorge Jimenez ends up drawing Super Sons then I'll for sure pick that up
>>
Well I pirate cause they don't sell this in my country so I will check out 2-4 issues of almost all except stuff with the same team and book I already don't like like Harley Quinn.
>>
>>83357347
Is Batgirl still the gets triggered by variant covers and panders to tumblr writer?
>>
>>83354032
One question.
At some point new 52 Supes is coming back, but right now, are Action Comics and Superman going to be about Pre 52 supes????

Also, i know pre 52 Supes is better than new 52 Supes, but the fucking Grant Morrison run was awesome, and it feels like they're just trowing it away because New 52 supes (actually, the writers) made lots of bad decisions (WW for example)
>>
>>83357459
No. The whole creative team is different (thank god).

Rafael Albuquerque on art and Hope Larson on scripts.
>>
>>83354032

Batman
Superman
Action Comics
Trinity
All Star Batman
Blue Beetle
The Hellblazer

I doubt ill pick up Hellblazer past 1 or 2 issues unless its somehow really good, and one of the 3 twice monthly books will be dropped as well, I'm sure not all of those will be to my liking.
>>
>>83357719
Most likely he will return learn his true identity do some soul searching give a I'm still me speech and continue under the new identity with his same personality.
>>
File: 1464059742600.png (160 KB, 371x360) Image search: [Google]
1464059742600.png
160 KB, 371x360
>>83354032
Sam Humphries...
On anything..

Let alone a title like GREEN FUCKING LANTERN
>>
>>83357719

I think superman is about pre crisis Supes and his family and Action Comics is about New52 Supes? Its something like that, but i may have them switched around, I'm grabbing at least the rebirth issue for both just to see what the hell is going on exactly, I can decide to keep reading from there.
>>
>>83357839

Ugh I wish I gave a single shit about Batgirl, I love Alberquerque's work
>>
King's Batman and I'll be giving the new Hellblazer a shot. Maybe Aquaman (not because I give a fuck about Aquaman, I just like Abnett).
>>
File: batman.jpg (97 KB, 500x577) Image search: [Google]
batman.jpg
97 KB, 500x577
>>83354032
im sorry for asking this but, is this a reboot? can i get into this by only reading the comics in the op pic

i used to only read marvel comics and i stopped reading around the end of fear it self
so it has been a long time since the last time i bought a comic and now the marvel universe just feels weird to me, so i wanted to start reading DC

i used to read mostly captain america comics so i guess the most interesting thing for me on dc will be superman and maybe i'll also check out teen titans
>>
>nightwing
>nightwing
>nightwing
>batman__
>>
So the Superman in Darkseid War... was it New 52 Supes just sometime before losing his powers and what not, or is it pre-flashpoint Supes sometime after Rebirth?
>>
>>83361479
I just realized that makes no sense because events of Darkseid War lead directly into Rebirth #1.

Huh
>>
>>83359846
>is this a reboot?
no
>can i get into this by only reading the comics in the op pic
yes. read Geoff Johns' Rebirth special first
>>
>>83361479
In Darkseid War, it's Nu52 Supes. It's supposed to take place, in full, right before Superman #51.

>>83361506
Timeline makes no sense, if I'm going to be perfectly honest. It genuinely conflicts with things. For example, when does Batman (the series) take place? It would have to be before almost Endgame, since Bruce doesn't wear his new suit in Darkseid War and with him being dead/incapacitated, Batman couldn't take place *during* Darkseid War, either.

Just one of those headscratchers where they kind of dropped the ball. (and it's funny because with Snyder and Johns being "uneditable", they kind of brought it on themselves)
>>
>>83362209
>when does Batman (the series) take place? It would have to be before almost Endgame, since Bruce doesn't wear his new suit in Darkseid War and with him being dead/incapacitated, Batman couldn't take place *during* Darkseid War, either.

fucked this meant:

* When does Batman #41-52 take place? Darkseid War would have to be before Endgame, since Bruce doesn't wear his new suit it it. And with him being dead/incapacitated during Batman #41-52, DW also couldn't take place during that time, either.

But then you run into conflicting elements, where BatGordon met depowered Supes and...it's just a mess, time-wise.
>>
File: doom_patrol.jpg (181 KB, 779x1200) Image search: [Google]
doom_patrol.jpg
181 KB, 779x1200
>>83354032
Batman
Green Arrow
Wonder Woman
Blue Beetle

Still waiting on an official announcement for Captain Marvel and Atom.

>TFW the real good shit's still four months away
>>
>Batman
>Nightwing
>Wonder Woman
>Supergirl
>Blue Beetle

Pretty curious about the Super Sons title, still waiting for its creative team's reveal.

Really wanted to like the other Superman titles, but the idea of revisiting the Doomsday/Reign of Superman story arc AGAIN really pisses me off.
>>
File: bubastis.jpg (32 KB, 474x600) Image search: [Google]
bubastis.jpg
32 KB, 474x600
Please, Cereal Pope. Please wrap up this crazy crossover plot in the Rebirth specials instead of leaving us hanging for a couple of years until you get tired of playing with movie scripts.
>>
There are several, but honestly, I just want my fucking Shazam/Shazam Family book already.
>>
>>83362296
The wrong costume? Really? That's what you're getting hung up on?
>>
>>83363493
It's nuts. If Marvel readers never said "Eh, they just wore a different costume that day!" we would go insane, because artists have a ton of leeway in that regard.

>web-wingies on, web-wingies off, web-wingies on, web-wingies off...
>>
>>83363493
I mean, he's been wearing it ever since Batman 50.

Bruce gets "resurrected" in 49, saves Gotham in the new outfit in 50, and from then on (and in Rebirth material) wears the new outfit. I know it's autism, but that outfit is supposed to signify something of a rebirth for Bruce, so he wouldn't go backwards and use his old one. At least with other heroes, they might have different costumes at the same time for various reasons, but in this specific case, I think it's reasonable to point it out as a contradiction.

Of course, there are tons of other questions/contradictions. Costumes are just an easy point to make.
>>
Should I get my hopes up for Joshua Williamson on The Flash?

I figure anything is better than the last team.
>>
>>83364257
No. Costumes are a stupid point to try and make. You are arguing the story is confusing because costumed. Literally putting costume over story.
>>
>>83354032
>definite
Batman
Detective comics
Flash
Wonder woman
Blue beetle
Titans
Teen titans
Suicide squad

>maybe
Justice league
Nightwing
Batman beyond
All star Batman
Batgirl

>shit
Superman
Action
Sons
Super ___
Green arrow
Green lantern
>>
Rebirth got me thinking about actually picking up some floppies again. I'll probably pick up Green Lanterns and Superman tomorrow and see if there as bad as everyone is fearing they are. I don't waste money on Batbooks because those sell like crazy already, so I'll just read the Batman scans.

I think the only stuff I'm definitely add to my pull list is

Wonder Woman
Blue Beetle
Justice League
and Flash, I'm excited to see what this new guy will do. CAn't think of anything I've read by him before

Then maybe Aquaman and GLs if Humpries turns out to not be shit highly unlikely

I'm also cautiously optimistic about Hong Kong Supes
>>
I strayed away from comics about two years ago, but those creative teams are so godly that I have to come back now. How the heck did DC convince some of these people to come back?
>>
>>83365398
With Rucka he and Didio buried the hatchet like a year ago when he did Convergence. Then for this he and Johns talk regularly and Johns pitched the idea of the book to him and asked him back he agreed to do it.

With Priest they just called him on a whim just for the sake of due diligence and he was free. Complete fluke.
>>
>>83365536
What did Rucka do in Convergence?
>>
>>83365639
Question mini
>>
>>83365639
He did the Question two-parter which finally wrapped up Renee's story with her father.
>>
>>83365679
>>83365686
Oh. I wasn't a follower of that storyline, but good. Just another thing New 52 screwed up midway through.
>>
>>83354875

>Batman
>Flash
>Superman
>Deathstroke
>Nightwing
>Hellblazer
>Titans
>New Super-Man
>Blue Beetle
>Supergirl
>Super Sons

Everything else I'm interested in but I'll tradewait or read storytimes.
>>
>>83354032
>Action Comics
>Batman
>Detective Comics
>Green Arrow
>Superman
>Batgirl and the Birds of Prey
>Hellblazer
>Trinity
>All Star Batman

Maybe:
>Batgirl
>Supergirl
>Super Sons
>Titans
>>
So I'm a latecomer to this, but I have to ask:

What are your guys' honest opinion of the news that New 52 was due to Dr. Manhattan being a dick? Shit, what is your guys' opinion that Watchmen is honest to god canon to the DC Multiverse after Morrison went out of his way to turn Charlton-verse Earth-4 into psuedo-Watchmen?
>>
I only trade wait.

I'm hype as fuck for Wonder Woman and Deathstroke. Double shipping is getting me them trades faster and I like that a lot. Maybe Green Arrow as well.

Blue Beetle and Hellblazer round it up, I'm quite excited for them. Hellblazer mainly for the art, but still.
>>
>>83365820
The important thing is the meta textual meaning to Watchmen's usage.

I just hope they don't start to delve into the material itself with revisits and retcons and stuff
>>
>>83366009
Yeah, that's what I'm afraid of too. I actually like the concept, that the meta thing that New 52 is from writers trying to emulate Watchmen's style and success, but if not done properly it will just be them shitting on Watchmen instead of admitting their own fuck-up, in a way.
>>
I'm just going to read everything, and just drop the ones that aren't working out for me. I'll try to support the ones that I really like by buying the collected editions.

But the ones that have my main interest are
>Batfamily books
>Deathstroke
>Flash
>Titans
>Teen Titans
>Blue Beetle
>Hellblazer
>Super Sons
>>
>people excited about the same tired shit over and over
you make me fucking sick
>>
A bunch of them, I dropped Marvel except for the Star Wars books so it left a gap that DC got to fill a long with a lot of indy stuff.

Basically it looks like Batfamily, Superman Family, Wonder Woman, Blue Beetle, Titans, Teen Titans, Aquaman. I'm going to try the Green Arrow, Green Lanterns and Flash, but they might get dropped quickly depending on whether or not I like them.
>>
>>83354032
"Dr light and Sue dibny, the odd couple"
i think is about solving mysteries while working in their relationship and defining exactly what a date is
>>
I'll be looking at everything, but buying's a differing matter altogether. Probably will be most.

The ones I might skip entirely due to past experience:
Green Arrow (initially got then dropped, then picked up during Lemire run, dropped after new writer came on and it wasn't that appealing to me)
Red Hood (mildly defended it, but accepted it was pretty bad, didn't bother with Red Hood/Arsenal OR Starfire after)
Cyborg (didn't pick up any of the new series, heard mixed things, if current series was any good let me know)
Deathstroke (sort of liked Higgins run, then Liefeld killed it, never picked it up after the switch and it died. Not even Daniel's run)
Suicide Squad (dropped the series following Forever Evil and the rebrand to New Suicide Squad, didn't look that interesting, let me know if NSS was actually any good)
Harley Quinn (fucking pass.)
Teen Titans (I swear to god, they need to get their shit back together again and just fucking purge all remnants of the Lobdell stuff that it's been mired in)

That reminds me: anyone know if they just killed off the clone Superboy again to make room for Superson? I know that Geoff basically said that Lobdell ruined the character for him, but they went so far out of their way to bring him back after Forever Evil then kinda disappeared after causing the Teen Titans split.
>>
>>83354032

Literally everything but Superman, WW, and Red Hood. I'm sure Supes and WW are really good, they have just never interested me. Red Hood will be shit.
>>
>>83365820
I'm really not sure what to think right now, since not much ACTUALLY happened to move the plotline forward in the Rebirth special itself other than introducing and explaining the concept.

I like the theme it's going for, but will really matter in the end is if they can stick the landing. The themes are pretty useless if the technical story fails to hold up.
>>
>>83367617
That was what I was asking since I know just as much as anyone else.

Just the idea that it was Dr. Manhattan, and the implications that has for the theme and tone of the recent DCU.

I asked because I remember the outrage that happened when Before Watchmen happened. Then again, that was from more Google-able sites and before I discovered /co/, so I have no clue on what people generally thought of it.
>>
>>83367706
I think my problem with Before Watchmen is mostly that they were stories that directly affected the context of the original, since they were direct prequels.

If this is just Dr. Manhattan fucking with the DCU, and maybe a couple of the other guys show up, and it doesn't really affect the original in any way other than using those characters, than it might be fine.
>>
>>83367706
It doesn't bother me. Really it's no different than when a childhood favorite Disney movie character shows up in Kingdom Hearts. The shitty Lion King level with furry Sora gayin' it up didn't ruin the great Lion King movie for me nor does this ruin Watchmen.
>>
>>83354032
I runwait so it'll be a while before I read any of these, but I'm looking forward to Action and Supeman the most. And the other Superfamily titles look pretty interesting too.

While its a good lineup creative teams wise. It's kind of disappointing that it's not as diverse as the New 52 era titles. I understand why though, and I just hope that maybe we get to see more minis for those titles that just don't work anymore as ongoings.
>>
File: Rebirth_checklist_Week_1.jpg (3 MB, 1200x4800) Image search: [Google]
Rebirth_checklist_Week_1.jpg
3 MB, 1200x4800
Storytimes so far:

>Batman Rebirth
>>83367739

>Green Lanterns Rebirth
>>83370607

>Superman Rebirth
>>83370141
>>
Did any titles that came out today expand at all on the Dr. Manhattan reveal from last week?
>>
File: jules3.png (270 KB, 378x375) Image search: [Google]
jules3.png
270 KB, 378x375
>>83354032

>No Hawkman
>No Catwoman
>Tynion on 'Tec
>Finch drawing Batman
>Jurgens and Tomasi on Superman
>Vendetti still on GL

Burn it all.
>>
>>83367277
I think now would be the time for you to get interest in them, don't you think?
>>
>>83372822
>implying you want to finally end the Hawksnarl
>>
>>83372769
not yet
>>
>>83367158
Seeley's story in New Suicide Squad is great, I actually wish they kept him on the book.
Deathstroke is a must-read for Priest.
>>
>>83371602
When does Wondy Rebirth drop?
>>
>>83372769
Calendar Man noticed time isn't right in Batman.
Superman mostly followed up on Superman dying from the last Superman issue.
Green Lantern didn't have any Rebirth ties.
>>
>>83354032
>Deathstroke
>Batman
>Superman
>Action Comics (guess it's still Superman...)
>Wonder Woman
>maybe Justice League
>>
>>83374311
>Action Comics
It's SuperLexman
>>
>>83373085
except Red Hood of course
>>
I'm really hoping batman beyond will be good
Thread replies: 101
Thread images: 9

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.