[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I just... don't get TMNT. How does it have such a lasting
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 156
Thread images: 22
File: ninja_turtles.jpg (91 KB, 500x300) Image search: [Google]
ninja_turtles.jpg
91 KB, 500x300
I just... don't get TMNT. How does it have such a lasting and enduring legacy/fan base?
>>
They're toyetic
>>
Turtles are cool. Ninjas are cool. Teens are cool. Mutants are cool.

It's pretty self-explanatory.
>>
because its completely ridiculous, knows that it is, but doesn't go out of its way to play it up

its very matter of fact, here are some turtles that know karate and like pizza, they fight aliens and shit in their free time
>>
Full of creative, "oh man thats awesome!" ideas.
>>
It gets reinvented every now and again so new generations of kids grow up with it

I just....don't get how OP can be such a blithering stooge
>>
>>83321911
>Teens are cool
when
>>
>>83322413
When you are 5-11 and want to be a teen.
>>
File: image.jpg (37 KB, 600x315) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
37 KB, 600x315
>>83322413
Teens are cool to 30 somethings and up missing their lost youth.
>>
>>83321858
It's fun.
>>
>>83321879
this. for the toys.
>>
>>83321858
>Four distinct personalities to choose from
>Four different Weapon sets
>Four different colors
>Crazy ass plots that can go anywhere and not feel out of place
>Tone can be shifted to goofy to serious
>Eat pizza, can get that anywhere and pretty much everyone loves it
>>
TMNT appeals to all ages, it's like Transformers or other things that exist in a lot of media....not only is it constantly being reinvented to sell new merchandise, but the fiction ranges from anywhere to being for toddlers, being for older kids-teens, or being more for adult fans
>>
>>83321858
Does anyone have the tmnt rec pic?
>>
The fact that tmnt went mainstream and Gargoyles didn't still rattles me to this day. It's bullshit if you ask me.
>>
>>83321858
with as many versions of TMNT out there, there is a TMNT that appeals to somone one.

want something fluffy? The old cartoon, new toon

Want something more serious with a good story? The comics
>>
>>83322694
Well, Gargoyles was crap, so there's that...
>>
Simple. They got to the idea first and blew it up as hard as they could.

When you have a tv series, comic series, video game, board game, live action movie, and ride at universal studios in orlando flordia, nobody can even attempt to imitate you.
>>
>>83322694
No kid wants to play with a purple doll (action figure). Plus their cartoon sucked mega balls.
>>
>>83322694
except, Turtles was the edgy mutant freaks from newyork that defended the world from threats

plus Gargoryles got lost in the "90's edge"
>>
>>83322694

Disney is incompetent.
>>
What franchise has better ninja designs...

TMNT or Mortal Kombat?
>>
>>83322694
>they are completely vulnerable when they go to sleep during the day? faaaaaaaags
>>
>>83322413
in the 80s-90s
>>
>>83322895
>>83322782
>>83322694
pretty much these.

TMNT came first. Like Pokemon, Yugioh, it's all about who can do their gimmick first for america.

It's why no other Toku adaptation will be as popular as Power Rangers

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k0GKDhnDL3g
>>
>>83322722
The new toon can be pretty dark at points too. I mean, it had the on-screen death of Splinter.
>>
>>83323028
yeah, maybe putting it on the same level as the 87 was not fair.
>>
>>83321858
Franchise is cool but fanbase is shit.
>>
Shit is the coolest when you're seven. It has mutants, ninjas, pizza and a ton of toys. Also the Turtles themselves have easily recognizable yet distinct personalities that allow young viewers to easily find something in common with one of the Turtles.
>>
>>83322689
Rec is shit. Just fags who push their personal tastes.
>>
>>83322694
Well to be fair, tmnt is much more accessible and easy to get into for kids than gargoyles.

For tmnt you just need to know that their teenage muitant ninja turtles, they have a master who's a mutant rat, they have a human friend named April, and their nemesis is Shredder. Their you go, let hyjinks ensue.

But gargoyles is more complicated and as a kid if you missed an episode you'd be lost, since it's plot was all over the place.

Honestly if they rebooted gargoyles as a teen/young adult show it would be fantastic.
>>
>>83322530
>Four distinct personalities to choose from
>Four different Weapon sets

Even more if you count non-turtle characters.
>>
>>83322694
Gargoyles WAS mainstream...what are you saying? Every kid watched it while it was airing, it was hugely popular

Disney however doesn't make their money from that, they had no reason to keep it going....TMNT will always keep getting reinvented and such because the TMNT people make money from TMNT.....Gargoyles was basically Disney's one off venture into that world of action cartoons, hell they hardly do cartoons anymore
>>
I dunno. I only like it because im a reptile fag, and also a pizza fag. And I thought Ninjas were really rad when I was a kid.

The original cartoon aged kinda poorly, and every new iteration turns to shit the instant the fling the turtles into space.
>>
>fan base
Doesn't really have a huge fanbase.

They have a legacy because the basic concept and execution is great. "Teenage" - okay they're gonna sell me "hello fellow kids" crap. "Mutant" - oh great they're wannabe X-Men. "Ninja" - shit, they're even getting in on the martial arts craze. "Turtles" - WHAT THE FUCK.

And then the character design is pretty good in most iterations.

I do feel like the 2014 film might have crippled the franchise.

The '80s TV series definitely helped the franchise in a huge way because it was just fun.
>>
>>83324538
I feel the 87 series is just nice as an introduction for the 80's

sadly, nostalgia means nobody wants nothing else.
>>
>>83321879
>>83322510

Then why the fuck G.I Joe fails so hard?
>>
>>83324975
1) The movies are about as bad as the TMNT movies, yet they still make loadsamone
2) GI Joe has guns, which were really hard to incorporate into kids' cartoons in the '90s, and only recently have become un-taboo.

If anything, both franchises are positioned more or less the same, except '80s GI Joe was really a soulless toy commercial while TMNT had some life to it. Plus GI Joe had really crappy cartoon reincarnations while TMNT faired somewhat better.
>>
Theres currently an ongoing tmnt comic series published by idw. If you havent read it yet you should.
>>
>>83324975
G.I Joe stopped existing in the 90s...the 80s show was all it ever had until recently long after it had become irrelevant in the minds of young boys.

Compare this to Transformers that never went without a new show on the air and a new toyline since it's inception, it's not rocket science.
>>
>>83322436
>When you are 5-11 and want to be a teen.

You mean when you are 5-11 and you want to be as cool as your big bro.
>>
File: latest[1].jpg (15 KB, 400x305) Image search: [Google]
latest[1].jpg
15 KB, 400x305
>>83322694
Goliath just doesn't have that teenage cool factor that every kid wants to be. He's serious all the time, very dark, hurt inside, broody, and angry.
>>
>>83325185
Eh, G. I. Joe had sigma six, but no one remembers that.
>>
>>83321858
because reptiles are very cool when you are a kid.
>>
>>83325206
>age 10
"Teenagers are so cool I can't wait to be one"
>age 11
"I'm almost a teen!"
>age 12
"I'm a pre-teen, that's basically the same thing."
>age 13
"We made it guys! Now life gets cool!"
>age 14
"Wait what"
>age 15
"GOD I WANT TO DRIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIVE"
>age 16
"Driving sucks. Beeing a teenager sucks. I can't wait to move out"
>age 17
"I HATE YOU DAD"
>ages 18-40
"Oh god what am I going to do with my life"
>>
>>83325520
>ages 18-death
"Oh god what am I going to do with my life"
>>
>>83325584
most people give up at 40
>>
TMNT started off as an indie comic in 1984. It was dark, gritty, and violent, but its roots were as a parody of New Mutants, Daredevil, and Ronin. It became hugely popular.

Then a deal was struck for an action figure line, but only if a kids cartoon was made in conjunction. Thus we have what the franchise is best known for, the 1987 cartoon. In terms of tone and demographic, it was a polar opposite of the original comic, and was literally made solely to sell toys.

Ever since then, every new iteration has been going all over the place between these two extremes, and that might be why it keeps surviving, is because it can pretty much go anywhere and do anything.
>>
>>83321858
I was a kid. They had cartoons, movies, toys, video games.

Cowa-fucking-bunga dude.
>>
>>83325520
stop thinking the world is american-centered please.

also stop thinking everyone is a white middle-class loser.
>>
>>83325712
American website, american prime time, go drink some tea or something.
>>
>>83325766
>american website

japanese website actually, also you never go to /int/? because it's actually browse by people from every cunts.
>>
>>83325712
What are you doing in a thread about an American show that takes place in an American city and was targeted towards American trends? You don't belong here
>>
>>83325812
your argumentation make totally no sense.

well anyway it's so sad of see people defining their life plans by massmedias propagandas.
>At some age you should do this because the TV said that.

and still thinking everyones should has the futur of a white american middle-class loser.
>>
>>83325520
How old are you? You change way more between 18 and 25 than you do between 10 and 18.
>>
>>83325520
age 10-17
"Being a kid is great! I dont want to get old!
age 18-23
"Being an adult sucks, at least i can be a man-child"

And thus, i browse /co/
>>
File: sad dong.png (49 KB, 153x198) Image search: [Google]
sad dong.png
49 KB, 153x198
>>83322483
Tru
>>
>>83325906
30. And yes, my life has been a constant whirlwind / roller coaster of disaster and change.

The implication was that it never ends.
>>
File: english.jpg (35 KB, 305x532) Image search: [Google]
english.jpg
35 KB, 305x532
>>83325712
>>
>>83325712
>stop thinking the world is american-centered please.
Stop thinking it isn't.
>>
>>83322483
holy shit no they are not. When I was a teen I never imagined I would want to punch an entire generation but here I am.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UjoIpMwkW4w one of the things that impressed me the most from the 2003 cartoon was the character bishop

didn't use conventional weaponry of any sort but used whatever he had available to his advantage in a fight, including his tie or his glasses
>>
>>83326329
Shut up dromer.
>>
>>83321858
Yeah I don't get it much either. I mean, I do kinda like them, and I've enjoyed some of the movies and some of the cartoons. But I was never a huge fan, it always just seemed too ridiculous of a concept, even for me.

And yes I know it was originally conceived as a parody.

>>83322413
Teens are fucking assholes. They're also stupid as shit. I don't even 'hate' them really but that's the way they are.
>>
>take something as unfocused and 2-dimensional as Daredevil or X-men
>add some focus and a 3rd dimension

Ta-da!
>>
>>83325712
Oh sorry here's one for our friends in africa

>age 2
"I'm hungry"
>age 3
"I'm hungry"
>age 4
"I'm hungry"
>age 5
dead
>>
They work for the same reasons Spider-Man and Batman work:
>easily identifiable
>are broad enough to be serious or light-hearted
>have limitations that allow believable conflicts
>simple origin stories
>colorful rogues gallery
>>
>>83326182
That's because you're a fucking loser
>>
>>83325797
>people from every cunts
I'mma use that when referring to people around the world from now on
>>
>>83325206
>>83325520
I always hated teenagers and never wanted to be one and no other kid seemed to want to be one either.
>>
I just hate how when ever they make a game now it has to be goofy, the only real goffy turtle series was the 80s turtles the others were more or less tehe concept being funny
>>
Kids love violence, which is only condoned and tolerated in this since they're cartoonish and non-human. This franchise wouldn't be as successful if they were neither green nor turtle anthropoids.
>>
>>83321858
teenage - youthful

mutant - scifi

ninja - martial arts

turtles - zoological entertainment for animal lovers

what's not to like? that you think it goes in all fields?
>>
File: lcvrecon.jpg (237 KB, 1200x946) Image search: [Google]
lcvrecon.jpg
237 KB, 1200x946
>>83324975
>Then why the fuck G.I Joe fails so hard?

I remember a big point being made here about this a few years ago. TMNT and Transformers are concepts that you can do a lot of wild and colorful things with. G.I. Joe is simply a bunch of armed forces, but you can still do extravagant stuff with the concept, although the potential is very limited.

As a result, G.I. Joe was at it's hight when the franchise was about brightly-colored terrorist groups, giant jeeps, weirdly specialized soldiers, and outrages gun ships. The downfall came when they made it more modernized and grounded, losing that prominent bit uniqueness that made them sell.
>>
File: Wilson_watches.jpg (23 KB, 300x400) Image search: [Google]
Wilson_watches.jpg
23 KB, 300x400
>>83322413
>>Teens are cool
>when

Do you even Disney? That's more than half of their programming on each of their channels. kids and tweens LIVE off this stuff.
>>
Does anyone want to discuss the 2012 cartoon series?
>>
>>83331453
How is the new game that just came out, goofy aside from some of the special attacks?
>>
File: 1458176231163.jpg (2 MB, 2545x1670) Image search: [Google]
1458176231163.jpg
2 MB, 2545x1670
>>83321858
>>83321911

I think what you mean is ''Teenage'' years as a concept are cool. It's what you look forward to as a child, and it's what adults long for in their old age; a time of carefree coming of age experiences.

It's not really that in reality. Not many people actually enjoyed their teens. But this is why ''Teenage'' appeals.

As a side note, I know the Turtles are teens in every iteration, but I never really perceive them that way. (Except maybe Mikey. He embodies the ''80's / 90's teen concept.)

To mean, they're teens in the way that a Elf or Dwarf is a teen in D&D. They just seem much older than a real teen, though they may actually be written that way at some times.
Especially the darker comics and the 90's movie.
>>
>>83321858
>I just... don't get TMNT. How does it have such a lasting and enduring legacy/fan base?

It goes past the point of being ridiculous. Like transformers, Megas XL, and Swat Kats.

It's a ridiculous concept that let's you know from the get go that it's not totally serious, even when it's being totally serious, and as such, allows you to just have fun with it.
>>
>>83327516
as a caucasian American, this made me kek
>>
>>83325712
There is no middle class anymore.
>>
>>83322413
Teens are cool to anyone that isn't a teen to their early 30's.
>>
>>83325936
>age 18-23
>"Being an adult sucks, at least i can be a man-child"

You don't truly get to enjoy being a man child until you get out of college, get a good paying job, and lots of disposable income.
>>
>>83332058
Sure. I feel like the writing quality has been really off this season, but maybe Earth will be a return to form.

Also glad that Leo got called out on his shitty leadership bullshit.
>>
>>83332919
So in other words never.
>>
File: 1438725389703.Wasp_April.png (191 KB, 800x601) Image search: [Google]
1438725389703.Wasp_April.png
191 KB, 800x601
>>83325797
American company, with 100% of hardware and other assets in the US. Might as well call 2ch American just because an American owns it now, if you're gonna be that cunty about it.
>>
>>83332967
Well they are back on Earth as of the latest episode finally, so that arc is finally over. And the next episode is covering the City At War arc it looks like.
>>
>>83333016
I definitely remember there being a version of that without the random human torso but I can't seem to find it now, dang
>>
File: wasp.webm (1 MB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
wasp.webm
1 MB, 640x480
>>83333526
But that version isn't accurate.
>>
Every now and again it hits me that the TMNT may be the next or only comic book characters outside of Marvel and DC to have a lasting mainstream appeal and the fact that I was in on the first generation of its popularity amazes me.
>>
2003 was the best, fight me
>>
>>83337117
Very few people will fight you over that.
>>
File: Heroclix TMNT.jpg (73 KB, 648x650) Image search: [Google]
Heroclix TMNT.jpg
73 KB, 648x650
A combination of ageless characters (in the sense that you can throw them down in almost any kind of setting and they wouldn't feel out of place), awesome reboots (except for the live action one), comics and games.

Don't get me wrong the Nostalgia facto still exists, but usually all the stuff they realease is cool so it attracts new fans while also keeping the old ones pleased. The Nickelodeon cartoon is awesome, the recent IDW comics had been good and just a few months ago (pick related)Wizkids released a TMNT set featuring characters from all the franchise, which pretty much sold out and a new set is coming up sometime in October (here's hoping we get a Usagi Yojimbo clix)
>>
>>83327520
/thread
>>
>>83332370
People only like that shitty 1990 movie out of nostalgia. 2003 blows it out of the water in every aspect. That image is ironic right? Like nobody actually thinks that movie looks good right?
>>
>>83338161
Not him but come on man. Every series and media has it's own pros and cons. Don't try to purposely fan the flames. At least criticize in a way where you're not going to rule up as well.

The reasons one can like something can vary, and also differ depending on the product. Like if I came into the 80s show expecting some serious action show instead of a comedy, I be dissapointed but I didn't. It fills a different niche.
>>
>>83338213
I've never seen somebody use so many words to say so little.
>>
>>83333333
>>
>>83325520
>tfw 35 and still dont know what to do with myself
but at least i have my x-men and wolverine...oh wait
>>
>>83327520
>colorful rogues gallery
>gallery
There are no memorable TMNT villains outside of Shredder.

And no, Krang, Bebop and Rocksteady aren't memorable.
>>
>>83321858
I don't see the appeal in the new stuff, but as a 90's kid TMNT were the embodiment of everything cool.
>>
>>83325520
> tfw I've been depressed and suicidal for most of my life
>>
>>83338341
They're "memorable" but not for good reasons.

the only Iconic villain is the Shredder though.
But the 2014 movie's Shredder was all sorts of wacky. It took the 00s alien Shredder outfit and merged it with the 90s live action movie character.
>>
File: 1464242318201.png (283 KB, 397x484) Image search: [Google]
1464242318201.png
283 KB, 397x484
I >>83338341
>Krang, Bebop and Rocksteady aren't memorable.
>>
>>83321858

It depends on the version of TMNT you're talking about. The 2003 series is mostly forgotten due to the fact that it just wasn't very fun. Meanwhile the 1987 series gets as much love as it ever did and the similarly-toned recent series couldn't be more popular. I think that's the appeal of the whole thing. As long as it doesn't take itself too seriously and keeps the imaginations of young kids running wild, it'll always be around in some capacity.
>>
>>83338341
>Krang, Bebop and Rocksteady aren't memorable.

This is 100% untrue and you know it.

The creators even tried to get rid of these characters and their popularity still persists to this day. They're even putting them in a fucking movie that comes out in less than a week. That's not by accident.
>>
>>83338341
He said colourful rogue gallery you troglodyte. Every incarnation of them has brought back the same villains. The Rat King, Stockman, Savanti Romero, Slash and the Triceratons/Federation etc. Unless you are one of those shitters we get in every tmnt thread that only watched the 80's cartoon and shits on every other version because of "muh nostalgia"
>>
>>83340562
>The 2003 series is mostly forgotten due to the fact that it just wasn't very fun.

What bizzaro world are you living on?
>>
>>83325102
>while TMNT faired somewhat better.
The Next Mutation
>>
>http://www.comicbookmovie.com/teenage_mutant_ninja_turtles/first-wave-of-reviews-for-teenage-mutant-ninja-a142170
As expected.
>>
>>83342376
It's not forgotten but it definitely wasn't what you would call a fun show. It had way too much to prove that the Turtles could be serious after the 80s show and ended up joyless and sterile as a result. Compare it to 2012 and see what a difference there is.
>>
>>83342376

He's right, though.
>>
>>83341371
>only watched the 80's cartoon and shits on every other version because of "muh nostalgia"

Isn't that more the case with the 1990 movie shitheads?
>>
>>83342929
The Turtles don't have to be wisecracking and eating pizza 24/7 to be fun. There were plenty of instances of fun in the 2003 cartoon, they just never went over-the-top with it.
>>
I read somewhere that the creators of tmnt were just fucking around trying to come up with the most ridiculous super hero names possible for laughs and giggles when one said "Teenage mutant ninja turtles"

They laughed at the name but actually ended up making the show.
>>
>>83343048

TMNT should be over the top. It's a ridiculous concept. It should be ridiculous. Any attempts at trying to tone it down is only going to make it more boring.
>>
>>83322694
This was a cool show in the 90s...
>>
>>83343106
IDW does it pretty well.
>>
>>83343230
ID4 is very fun and over-the-top. It's just darker than the shows is all.
>>
File: TS1 p32.png (232 KB, 1280x2055) Image search: [Google]
TS1 p32.png
232 KB, 1280x2055
>>83343048
>plenty of instances of fun in the 2003 cartoon

Not a single moment stands out

You can take one look at the 2003 Turtles and see what you're getting, how they look liked roided out superheroes in costumes with angry faces instead of dumpy weird MUTANTS as seen in every other fucking version
>>
>>83343106
A man who dresses up like a bat and fights a clown is a ridiculous concept, too. Doesn't mean you can't do something serious with it. Why restrict the TMNT like that? It's one of the best things about the franchise is that it can be done well in any tone. And the tone isn't why 2003 isn't as well remembered. It's because of when it came out and where the franchise as a whole was at the time. Plus, there's many people that don't even know it exists, so the lack of proper marketing probably played a big part, too.
>>
>>83343641

I'd argue Batman is also best when it doesn't shy away from how ridiculous it is. But that's me.
>>
>>83343641
>Doesn't mean you can't do something serious with it.

those versions tend to be fucking awful because the concept of Batman is retarded, the more you resist that fact the less seriously anyone takes it
>>
>>83331865
Highly idealised versions of teenage life where people actually take teenagers seriously and teenagers are good at making rational decisions / figuring things out on their own.
>>
>>83338161
You are the kind of person that wouldn't watch a black and white movie and doesn't care about the history of television or comics.
>>
>>83335285
Yeah, but it looks better.
>>
>>83343532
>Not a single moment stands out
Intergalatic catfight.

That Chistmas spcial

Fast forward and BTTS
>>
File: 1424806039675.jpg (8 KB, 184x184) Image search: [Google]
1424806039675.jpg
8 KB, 184x184
>>83322694
Gargoyles was a 100% different cartoon from TMNT, and it acted as such. I mean, I'm pretty sure it debuted in prime time. I remember feeling like I was watching an adult show, since it aired around what would usually be my bed time.

You should be lamenting the lack of similarities in the success of TMNT and Biker Mice from Mars, or Street Sharks, or Dinosaucers, or that one about the cows. Those at least were quite obviously for kids from the beginning.
>>
Thanks to Nickelodeon buying out the rights, it has been their second best cash cow next to Spongebob
>>
>>83332370
>As a side note, I know the Turtles are teens in every iteration, but I never really perceive them that way.

I never thought about this, but it's true. The teenager part could be completely removed.

Does April, as a grown woman, just hang out with a bunch of 14 year old boys?

>>83344714
>Dinosaucers
Did you mean Extreme Dinosaurs? Dinosaucers is one of those Transformers-like "We are aliens who need humans to help us fight our intergalactic war" type deals. The cow was was Moo Mesa, and had the best opening of any of the series.
>>
>>83344165
Yeah, and? That goes for most people in general and definitely goes for /co/. Because on average we know most people only like old shit either out of nostalgia or hipsterism. Your point?
>>
>>83322694
Turtles was a comic not catered toward children.

Gargoyles was catered towards children no matter how much you try to tell yourself how "dark" it was its true because it was on the Disney channel. Not saying Gargoyles was good but it is pretty much a ripoff of TMNT with stone statues instead of animals.
>>
>>83344840
No, I meant Dinosaucers, but thematically I'll concede it is more like Transformers. I was simply relating it to Ninja Turtles for coming out roughly around the same time, involving animal creatures with human friends, and seemingly overall very toy friendly.
>>
Gargoyles only appeals to 14-year old nerdy kids who still watch cartoons but who think they are too old for traditional children's fare like Street Sharks or some shit but are too young to figure out that at the end of the day, it's still children's pap meant to sell toys. Gargoyles fans turning their nose up at TMNT is like Sonic fans turning their nose up at Mario.

My thing is more mature than your thing because mine can use words like "butt!".
>>
>>83322694
It's simple: the Ninja Turtles were far more totally radicool and marketable to young boys.
>>
Gargoyles are grey, old looking, and deadpan. Turtles are colorful, young looking, and enthusiastic.
>>
>>83342929
>it definitely wasn't what you would call a fun show

I would. In fact, I'd call it the only fun TMNT show. The 1987 and 2012 shows are boring.
>>
>>83345793
>Gargoyles are grey
No they all are different colors actually, Brooklyn is bright red ffs
>old looking
Won't deny this for Hudson, but three of the main gargoyles are teenagers/young adults
>deadpan
Did you even watch the show? The gargoyles are emotional as fuck. The most deadpan character is Owen Burnet, the servant dude, and he's a fan favorite since his deadpan'ness is part of his character
>>
>>83345343
>The human passion for money is an emotion that gargoyles do not understand.
When money is used to add health and security we appreciate the value in what it creates but when riches simply adorn and fuel ambition we see envy, discord and the temptation to sacrifice all righteousness to achieve them you see innocent victims and we greive

Compared to

>I could really go for a slice of pizza
>Kawabunga dude
>Grab shell
>Gonna kick your shells
>>
File: mikey.jpg (21 KB, 640x320) Image search: [Google]
mikey.jpg
21 KB, 640x320
Hey foreigners
why did you make Michelangelo change his nunchucks?
>>
If the Turtles acted like actual teenagers, they'd suck. It's good they're more adult and mature than completely invader zim randumb
>>
>>83325609
Killing myself at 40, I figure if I can't make things work by that point, there's not much in the way of hope after.
>>
>>83346265
football moms

Anyway I'm working on a TMNT/GATE crossover fic.
>>
>>83345980
you must find watching paint dry entertaining, kek
>>
>>83346230
Are you just upset that any of the turtles could beat any of the Gargoyles in a fight?
>>
>>83343063
>>making the show

it was a comic first, anon
>>
File: donatellomug.jpg (13 KB, 384x341) Image search: [Google]
donatellomug.jpg
13 KB, 384x341
>>83332370

Is this Turtlekino?
>>
File: 200_s.gif (64 KB, 320x200) Image search: [Google]
200_s.gif
64 KB, 320x200
>>83321858
So... Pizza?
>>
>>83345980
Not him but I'm curious to see why someone who likes the 2003 show, wouldn't like 2012. The 2012 show is still pretty serious and more serious compared to the 1987 show, even if it isn't as serious as 2003.
>>
File: canopener.webm (1 MB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
canopener.webm
1 MB, 1920x1080
>>83347773
Yes but /co/mblr would never admit it because of the 'everything made before 2000 is bad' meme over here
>>
>>83321944
This.

The first movie got me into it, the 2012 series got my cousin into it. The TV shows are rebooted almost every ten years and there's been at least one movie for every decade since the 90s (not many so far but it will continue).

For adult fans the original Mirage books and the new IDW series are the best exposure.
>>
>>83347773
It's the only good TMNT movie.
>>
>>83348470
Weird. I subscribe to the 'everything made AFTER 2000 is bad' meme.
>>
>>83348266
I just find the 2012 show too cutesy. Their designs and teen April nauseate me.
>>
>>83348981
Do you mean the art design? Because the show does show a lot of morbid things at times.
>>
>>83348893
Still gets BTFO by 2003 and IDW. It's a pretty shit version of the turtles overall.
Thread replies: 156
Thread images: 22

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.