[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Willa Holland calls out WB for killing "Arrow" Suicide
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 39
File: Thea_Queen_Willa_Holland.jpg (185 KB, 800x560) Image search: [Google]
Thea_Queen_Willa_Holland.jpg
185 KB, 800x560
>"We were about season two when they started telling us we had to start basically killing off the Suicide Squad that we were starting to build on our own," Holland recalled. "We were actually trying to build that on our own on the show, and I guess once DC found out they were going to be doing their own movie of it, we had to ax all of the characters before we even got to show them, which was a little annoying at first."

>"Then when Stephen found out there was going to be a Justice League [movie] it only seemed -- rightly so -- he would be playing Green Arrow on it as well as that Grant [Gustin] would be playing the Flash," she continued. "It seemed like the right normal answer, and -- once they said no -- you can't really fight against them for it, because they are the people that gave us a job in the first place. So you just have to sit there on your hands, like okay, I get it!"

>"Marvel does it in their own weird right, kind of mash between 'Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.' and the movies and stuff. So it's a little upsetting because you know it is possible and it can be done and how good it would be if it was done," she added.

http://www.comicbookresources.com/article/willa-holland-calls-out-wb-for-shutting-down-arrows-plans-for-the-suicide-squad
>>
>>83313396
Willa Holland confirms Agents of SHIELD is canon.
>>
>>83313396
God, she is so hot.
>>
Their SS wasnt that great anyway
>>
>netflix shows or agents of shield will ever be in a movie

hahaha love this meme
>>
>>83313396
>there can't be a Suicide Squad in our tv show and our movies at the same time it'll confuse people what's cross-promotion of our IPs?
Why are Warner Bros. execs so dumb?
>>
>>83313592
I liked their Deadshot, but they really didn't need the Suicide Squad on Arrow. They should have just kept the Blackhawks in that role instead, the amoral mercenary team that the heroes can both fight and occasionally team up with.

There are enough Green Arrow specific characters for them to use, but they just waste them. Count Vertigo and Komodo both could have been the main villain of a season.
>>
I only watched the first 10 episodes of arrow but man was she hot
I kept waiting for them to fuck
>>
>>83313626
They are canon however. This is fact. https://twitter.com/MarvelSupport/status/736203649593016320
>>
>>83313396
This is so dumb. Everyone knows CW cape shows are hot garbage. She thinks she deserves to stand next to Affleck and Will Smith?
>>
>>83313511
Dubs also confirmed. AOS canon and nothing you fags can say can change that
>>
>>83313733
The main dude on the show she fucks is gay IRL so he doesn't even enjoy it.

What a waste.
>>
>>83313643
It's not just WB, it's all execs. Marvel is guilty of this to by not having Coulson in the last few movies.
>>
>>83313775
Batman vs Superman wasn't very good and Suicide is going to be even worse. Affleck wasn't a very good Batman at all
>>
>>83313761
HATERS BTFO
>>
>>83313396
She's right, fuck WB

Almost as dumb as the Fox shits who kept Deadpool in development hell
>>
>>83313827
>Affleck wasnt a very good Batman
Ok you lost me there pal
>>
>>83313861
Fox at least has the excuse of big-budget R-rated Superhero movies being a huge risk.
>>
Ok lets cut the bullshit here, connecting CW to the DCEU would only make things worse. Perhaps if they had different shows on Netflix with a different tone, then maybe
>>
>>83313861
Love this meme too! Shitting on Fox for not making Deadpool!??? How the fuck does that make any sense as a criticism? Its a pathetic attempt to turn all the positivity of the film away from the Fox corporate (and only to Ryan Reynolds as a seperate entity) and therefore fuel more company wars

its pathetic really
>>
File: Amell.jpg (628 KB, 617x1746) Image search: [Google]
Amell.jpg
628 KB, 617x1746
WHY DIDN'T YOU SAVE HIM /co/?
>>
>>83314017
>connecting CW to the DCEU would only make things worse

I think the only real organic way to do that is a cameo from Ezra MIller showing up in TV Flash's Speedforce.
>>
>>83314086
Actually Id love Erza Flash guest starring on Flash, good promotion for one thing. I just want to see Cisco super upset about Erza's costume
>>
>>83314061
Based Amell. His show may be shit, but I hope he finds more success thanks to the turtles movie.
>>
>>83313775
I liked the car shows (arrow and flash) but I watched the season 2 finale last night of flash after not watching the show for like a year. It was awful. Nobody can act (Zolomon especially), Earth 2 wells has a scratchy voice now that sounds retarded, everything was just so shitty. I was so disappointed. Like learning Santa isn't real
>>
>>83313396
WB forcing changes is stupid and shitty, but so is think Gustin and Amell should be headlining the movies.
>>
>tfw quit arrow
>tfw miss Willa

Send her to the flash pls
>>
>>83314161
all his scenes were cut
>>
>>83313798
What? Having Coulson in the last few movies would be detrimental to both AoS (because then they'd lose their one main justification for why the Avengers don't show up in the show) and the movies (because then you'd have to waste time recapping how he came back to life and the movies are already always super overstuffed as is).
>>
>>83313827
Mouseketeer pls go
>>
>>83313950
He didn't have a strong sense of the characters personality, and there was absolutely no expressive dichotomy between his persona as Bruce Wayne and his alter ego as Batman. He was just a flat character across the board, and fight scenes don't make up for that.

His Batcave was awful to. It was a brightly lit, post modern garage instead of beinf the eeriw sanctuary of the Batman built from jagged rocks, precarious hanging platforms and elaborate tracery. The Batcave is an expression of Batmans soul, and Affleck Batcave was a rectangle flooded with white light
>>
>>83314054
>HE DOES IT FOR FREE!
>>
>>83313592
They had potential, though.

They just needed to have Clock King operating behind the scenes of each mission and they would've been set.
>>
>>83314200
What. Does he at least get the ones shown in the trailer?
>>
>>83314054
I'm sorry that the truth triggers you. Must be rough.
>>
>>83314200
Source?
>>
>>83313396
I would rather not have a DC film universe then have it infected with Guggenheim and friends. I'll take a million Snyder abortions over a big screen Arrow S3/S4.
>>
>>83314200
source?
>>
>>83313396
The chick who played harley quinn stepped down voluntarily due to not wanting to be seen as trying to compete with Robbie. Holland can go fuck herself.
>>
>>83314176
Gadot and Momoa are headlining movies, so it isn't that much of a stretch
>>
>>83314200
anon no
>>
>>83314269
Why are you lying?
>>
>>83313798
>>83314203
Not to mention it would retroactively cheapen Coulson's death in Avengers, and people would start making dumb questions like "why don't they just resurrect Pietro lol"
>>
>>83314312
>his costume is literally just a hockey mask
>they still find a way to fuck it up

Oh for fuck's sake.
>>
>>83314214
I thought there was a good distinction between personas, but then again it would have worked better in a narrative that didnt force him to be "I need to kill Superman" asshat
>>
>>83314228
considering the only episode i saw of arrow bastardised Count Vertigo way worse then any marvel film has done thier villains i highly doubt it
>>
>>83314458
I blame the haircut and lack of golf bag
>>
>>83314269
Harley was either a small easter egg or had bigger plans, depending on who you believe. Nothing involving the actress and Robbie.

>“For one thing, we didn’t expect it to end up in the promo, so we were caught a little off guard, on that front. Andrew was very much like, ‘I totally knew people would lose their minds.’ And I was like, ‘Really?!’ I did not expect people to lose their minds the way they did, but I was very glad. So, Andrew was a lot more prepared than I was…

>I want to manage expectations with respect to Harley Quinn. She was always intended to be an Easter egg. I don’t want people to go in with incorrect expectations and walk away from Episode 16 disappointed. But there is an element to the Easter egg that was not spoiled by the promo, that I think people will find a lot of fun.”
http://www.blastr.com/2014-3-21/arrow-producer-explains-sneaky-awesome-harley-quinn-easter-egg

>Because we had the Suicide Squad and these things inside of it, ARGUS. We were going really heavily into that for a minute. And then, something must have come down from DC or some higher-up above that said, ‘No, you must cease and desist because we’re going to make it into a movie and we can’t have anybody spoil that idea.’ We did get to see that little pigtail and the ARGUS uniform and the little treat of Harley Quinn, and it just got ripped away. So if we could actually have Harley Quinn on the show, that would be amazing. But it’s never going to happen.
http://www.cinemablend.com/television/Why-Arrow-Won-t-Use-Harley-Quinn-Any-More-Episodes-72092.html
>>
>>83314373
but im not
>>
>>83313797
I dont' know, anon. I'm a gold-star gay and even I wouldn't question putting it in her. She has that tomboy charm that makes her the hottest female I know. If i weren't confident in my sexuality I'd find it concerning.
>>
>>83314269
What's the point of this comment? They never had a Harley cast, they just got her voice and a random blonde chick for a tease, and planned to cast her later. Never happened though.
>>
>>83313592

And considering how the rest of Arrow went to shit, it's probably a good thing they got axed.
>>
>>83313396
>WB made us make a shitty show so their movies would look better by comparison.

SHIELD has more embargoes than Arrow and still makes it work. They just go for the really obscure characters and make them OC and write good stories with it. Well, better than Arrow, anyway.

Embargoes do not justify shit writing for TWO fucking years.
>>
>>83313761
>Some Marvel intern from Marvel Entertainment

Wake me up when I see someone from AoS in a movie or Marvel Studios acknowledging them in their movies.
>>
>>83314516
This character was Bruce Wayne, who occasionally wore the Batman costume. In his most private moments in the Batcave, he was seen wearing a suit and in a open room flooded with light. He wasn't Batman in his soul. He wasn't a man who retreated to his hidden sanctuary in the dark forboding caves beneath his eerie mansion so he could contemplate the nature of his being, he was Bruce Wayne who turned the Batcave into a post modern office building devoid of any real pesonality
>>
>>83314061
I really feel bad for him sometimes. Then I watch Arrow and i get over it.
>>
>>83314752
>being this in denial
Wew lad
>>
>>83314752
That's literally all it takes, though.
>>
>>83314590
I thought i was the only one desu senpai.Her and Nyssa are the only girls that make me tingle.
>>
>>83314061
He definitely handles himself will to fan hate/criticism that's for sure. He seems pretty cool.
>>
>>83314590
>>83314902
>so hot she makes gay men question their sexuality

I take it back, goddamn
>>
File: 1354580055800.gif (3 MB, 250x170) Image search: [Google]
1354580055800.gif
3 MB, 250x170
>Originally hated Arrow Deadshot
>Finally started to come around after the Russia stuff
>mfw he was snuffed for Will Smith

If we can have another Flash, why didn't we just have another DS?
>>
File: 15-WBSIP-4000.jpg (2 MB, 2753x4122) Image search: [Google]
15-WBSIP-4000.jpg
2 MB, 2753x4122
When is she going to be in a Teen Titans spin off so I can still see her without watching Arrow anymore?
>>
I like(d) Arrow and Flash but they're TV shows, with TV-quality production design, actors, writing, etc.

Seeing them move onto the big screen would be awful, plain and simple. DC's made the right call there, I just wish they'd be okay with having multiple live action versions of their characters floating around
>>
>>83315018
>Flash S3 is announced to have 54 episodes, which would put it at syndication levels at the end.
>>
File: 1464295736296.png (454 KB, 680x697) Image search: [Google]
1464295736296.png
454 KB, 680x697
>>83313511
>>83313792
NEVER EVER
>>
>not using Amell and Gustin for Justice League movie

I can understand not using Arrow's Suicide Squad because it wasn't that great, but I don't understand why DC decided to completely disregard their CW shows.
>>
>>83314522
I don't understand how they fucked up Count Vertigo so badly. I don't know why they tried to do some sort of vampire thing with him.
>>
>>83315077

Really?

Jason Momoa is from fucking STARGATE, Gadot has worse acting than Teddy Sears. Jarted Leto was in My So-Called Life.

Looking at other actors:

Clooney started on TV.
Depp got his start in 21 Jump Street.
Kunis started in That 70s Show.
Willis started in Moonlighting.

An actor is only as good as his director, anon.

>>83315480

Because DCCU can't into multiverse. It's best to leave DCCU as an edgy Elseworld to be honest.
>>
>>83315502
More surprising they fucked him up TWICE on two different episodes and with two different actors.

The Arrow writing room is run by retards.
>>
>>83315502

Because Vertigo was made before the no metas rule was lifted.

Also ironically despite the rule being lifted there are still no metas on Arrow.
>>
>>83315480
Because it suck dicks. Same reason Smallville man didn't get to be the Supes in return.
>>
>>83313592

Maybe not, but that doesn't mean they should have had to eliminate the team's presence from the show. They were only used once or twice a season, hardly a threat to a major motion picture's success.
>>
File: 1449802168633.jpg (68 KB, 647x711) Image search: [Google]
1449802168633.jpg
68 KB, 647x711
>>83315683
>comparing Smallville to Arrow and Flash
>>
>>83315930
Arrow is shit too what's your point?
>>
>>83313396
It's a shame how pissed the TV actors get about changes that happen because of the DC embargo. Everyone knows it's stupid, but WB still doesn't change.

How long until she starts shit talking Olicity now that Thea's off the show?
>>
>>83313396

thank fucking GOD Warnerbros didn't include the CW-verse in their movies

once arrow started, it was the best capeshit show around and now? now, it's even worse than agents of shit, jesus fucking christ. The Arrow and Flash cast are just pissed that they won't be making millions of dollars through movies and broadening their careers while doing so
>>
>>83316492
Superman already had an established cinematic franchise before Smallville.
>>
>>83316602
Snyder pls.
>>
>>83316602
Arrow has turned into dogshit, but Flash continues to be based.
>>
>>83316654

you know I'm right. no matter how hard the DCMU fails or delivers, the best thing CW-verse should hope for is a multidemensional nod to fans

>>83316661

I feel like season 2 was a bit weak but only because of the villain. I surely hope that Flashpoint Paradox will get things going again and that the villain in Season 3 will be a far better one
>>
>>83316654
Arrow S4 is literally one of the worst pieces of media I've ever experienced. I hate Snyder and BvS for messing up the first cinematic Batman/Superman meeting but I'll take them any day over Arrow as it is now.
>>
File: Arrow_0070b.jpg (2 MB, 3000x2002) Image search: [Google]
Arrow_0070b.jpg
2 MB, 3000x2002
>>83314195
>Send her to the flash pls

Best possible scenario. Willa as Speedy is literally the only thing that makes me even consider watching Arrow these days.

If she goes to Flash, maybe I can finally stop saying "huh, should I watch Arrow tonight? nah"
>>
After the pieces of shit that were Seasons 3 and 4 I'm glad that WB went 'lol no'.

For fucks sake they killed off the Black Canary on Arrow, why the fuck should they trust them with other notable comic characters?
>>
>>83316935

Send her and Roy to Flash to reform E2 Laurel and form Young Justice
>>
>>83316935
Willa as Speedy is good, for the good 5 minutes and two lines of dialogue they give her each episode; but the downside of that is, that most of her scenes involve Merlyn and his MUH DAUGHTER bullshit which has been dragged to the ground to the point of being one of the most intolerable things about this show.
>>
>>83317027
Have Black Siren's body found but she's comatose because reasons.

Oliver finds Deadman to help him bring Laurel's spirit into this new body.

Black Siren fights back but after seeing Laurel's life through her eyes and seeing how her life could have been different, decides to do the heroic thing for once and sacrifice herself so Laurel can live.

Laurel wakes up, Oliver cries.

"You were wrong."

Also Lance has a fucking heart attack or just kills himself at this point.
>>
Did they ever explain what Laurel asked Oliver to do for her right before she died?
>>
File: superman don't.gif (2 MB, 320x180) Image search: [Google]
superman don't.gif
2 MB, 320x180
>>83315480
>why DC decided to completely disregard their CW shows

Literally Zack Snyder

he said Gustin didn't fit into his grim depressing version of the DC universe "tonally" or some shit, even though the fucking asshole isn't going to be the one directing the Flash movie anyway
>>
>>83313626

Hahaha I love this [THING WE WE SOLD ON AT THE BEGINNING OF THIS PRODUCTION AND NOW EVERYONES BACKPEDALLING AND NOT DELIVERING AND JUST USING THESE FRANCHISES TOO MAKE THEIR OWN STUPID PET PROJECT MOVIES THAT ARENT EVEN RELATED]

Maybe you were in diapers when the rest of were dreaming of what should be.

>>83313592

What gets me is the actors jobs involved. Their Deadshot was good and he was a good actor. Must sucked because Will Smith job-cucked him.
>>
>>83313592
Their Boomerang was a goddamn travesty anyway
>>
>>83317265

Nope. Not even in the season finale.

I bet the fucking writers don't even know what it is. There's a pretty solid chance they will forget about it and never bring it up again
>>
>>83317335
I feel kind of bad for that girl who got cast of harley, then got redubbed by tara strong and had her character cut from the show before her first real appearance.

I don't think she would have been any good, but still.
>>
>>83315022
Never, Titans wasn't picked up.
>>
File: 1462943006244.gif (3 MB, 640x266) Image search: [Google]
1462943006244.gif
3 MB, 640x266
>>83317277
>>
>>83317382
The best thing they could do is have it be "fake my death like you did with roy so i can go live with him out of this awful show"
>>
File: katie cassidy638136.jpg (281 KB, 1000x1606) Image search: [Google]
katie cassidy638136.jpg
281 KB, 1000x1606
>>83317265
>Promise me, Ollie
>>
File: 1464043453150.gif (2 MB, 186x200) Image search: [Google]
1464043453150.gif
2 MB, 186x200
>>83317491

>Promise me not to resurrect me with magic, or have Barry travel back in time to save me. I don't want to live on Guggenheim's gay earth anymore
>>
>>83317265
>this becomes the basis for the flashbacks in season 5
>>
>>83317609

>Promise me you won't get back with Felicity. It's Felicity. She's the key. Fear him and find us, Ollie. You have to find us.

Turns out Dr. Manhattan is using Felicity as a conduit to weaken the DCCW Universe so they pose no threat to him. The embargos, the bad writing. It's all a red herring.
>>
>>83318081
oh god no enough with the flashbacks
>>
File: Why Does Anyone Watch Arrow.webm (2 MB, 720x404) Image search: [Google]
Why Does Anyone Watch Arrow.webm
2 MB, 720x404
>>83313396
Oh who the fuck cares, Arrow was never good, just mediocre at best.

Why doesn't she call out her own show for being absolute shit for the last two years.

LOOK AT THIS SHIT.

>>83313573
This is very true.
>>
>>83318220

Pretty sure the cast knows its shit but they cant do anything until after S5 because contracts.
>>
>>83313643
Warner Bros doesn't want to do cape shit, it is known.
>>
>>83318220
Didn't Ollie kick the shit out of him earlier in the season in like 5 seconds? Why is it taking so long?
>>
>>83318328
It's a dark knight rises retread complete with this stupidity
>>
>>83318328
>>83318382
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=to-904VzJnw
>>
>>83318220
I haven't watched Arrow since the last 3 week hiatus. What's the with choreography? Theyre literally just trading punches.
>>
>>83318510

it was funny, because Dahrk was like

>I DON'T NEED MAGIC OLIVER, I WAS A MEMBER OF THE LEAGUE OF ASSASSINS
and then he goes into this slow slug-fest

I guess the stunt guys got laid off or something
>>
File: 1458257574784.gif (3 MB, 492x336) Image search: [Google]
1458257574784.gif
3 MB, 492x336
>>83318220
>Think its a loop
>ITS NOT
>>
>>83318579
I love how that contradicts the vixen episode where he casually gets dropped after the idol gets rekt.
>>
>>83318220
god i forgot about this """"""""fight"""""""" scene.
>>
>>83314775

That's really just one interpretation of Batman though. Batfleck just does a better job of using both Bruce and Batman personas to do his job.

And if you want something worse go look at Nolan's Batman. Great movies, but his Batman is pretty damn weak.
>>
>>83315077

I just want them to keep the door open for cross-universe crossovers. Not even events, just cameos acknowledging that both universes exist.
>>
>>83318220
I can't believe that the fight choreographers thought that they should get an Emmy for this.
>>
>>83318911
Theres no way Snyder would allow fun to exist in his universe, let alone multiverse.
>>
>>83318954

Is Snyder still running the project?
>>
>>83318220
Holy fuck this is something out of a comedy.
>>
>>83318969
For Justice League? Yes
>>
>>83319002
Well fuck.
>>
>>83318474
>one shot
no wonder
who was the fight choreographers for Nikita? hire them
>>
>>83316578
>now that Thea's off the show
What? I stopped watching at the beginning of season 4. What's happened since then? Did they write her out?
>>
>>83319164
>Did they write her out?
At the end of S4 yes. Everyone basically said. Later Ollie, cept for felicity. Shell be with him 5EVAH
>>
>>83319202
I fucking hate mericle it's fucking amazing how all the new writers they hired were felicity shippers.
>>
>>83319164

Diggle's taking a break because he killed his brother (who betrayed him). Thea's taking a break because Laurel died (???). Her exact words were she needs to "get out" so take that as you will. The final few minutes of the finale were actually pretty well shot as the whole team is exhausted from an emotionally draining season (if you ignore how badly the plot was executed). Except for the last 30 seconds.

Oliver walks into the ArrowCave that's still damaged from an invasion earlier. He looks at broken glass costume cases. Felicity walks up behind him and says "You thought I was leaving too? Not a chance."

You can't make this shit up.
>>
File: 1454276466839.png (350 KB, 681x496) Image search: [Google]
1454276466839.png
350 KB, 681x496
>>83319202
...What? Is it one of those things where it's like "Ollie's team hates him right now but they'll make up and be a team again later" or is she/the rest of them actually gone for good?
>>
>>83317382
I bet you it's another "We shot this and we don't even know what it is" moment. I can't stand how the writers are able to get away with this bullshit.
>>
Can someone post derailed Arrow "HYPE" train ?
>>
>>83319316
You have to be kidding me, oh my god. I'm glad I stopped watching when I did.
>>
>>83313396
>willa will never sit on my face
>>
>>83313396
this is a good thing
we were saved of Olicity in the movies too
and given Snyder's boner for everything depressing and bleak Felicity would've been a dozen shades of insufferable
>>
File: C2OY30z.jpg (70 KB, 640x640) Image search: [Google]
C2OY30z.jpg
70 KB, 640x640
>>83319417

No, no she won't.
>>
I hope they pull it together next season this show started off well doing their own thing but I think the loss of talent and the success of Flash shook them and they never recovered. The cast is damn good they just need better material and better action on screen.
>>
>>83314543
Come on, you really can't get any better than the First Movie Casey. Or 80s Toon Batshit Eastwood Casey
>>
File: Agents of SAD.gif (986 KB, 500x200) Image search: [Google]
Agents of SAD.gif
986 KB, 500x200
>>83313396
>Willa Holland upset DC doesn't care about her show.
>Chloe Bennet upset Marvel doesn't care about her show.
http://screencrush.com/agents-of-shield-chloe-bennet-marvel-movies/

TV sluts and their shit shows getting rekt.
>>
>>83319760
>>Chloe Bennet upset Marvel doesn't care about her show.
She just mad she cant be the Mary Sue of the movies along with TV
>>
>>83314943
He's got feelers out there for a position at Marvel because he likes doing comic stuff and he knows the DC shows live on a Razors edge with Warner Bros.

Once they get any hint of those movies taking off. The shows are fucked.
>>
>>83319511
say hey that some nice Bootay
>>
>>83319406
>You have to be kidding me, oh my god.
You have NO IDEA, Nigga! NO IDEA!

They literally made her into Oracle just with a different name. Literally: she got shot, paralyzed, wheelchair, the whole nine yards. Then Mr Terrific hooked her up with some Nanites so she could magically get her legs back JUST in time to LITERALLY walk out on Ollie because he "lied" to her by not telling her about the kid he had back when.

You know: the one that he didn't even know he had until this year? And who's mother told Ollie he wouldn't ever be allowed to have ANY interaction with unless he promised to never tell anyone else he existed??

I'm pretty sure that that was the point that even the few people on /co who'd been gritting their teeth and tolerating the Shipping BS just gave the fuck up.

It's not Green Arrow. It's not Arrow. It's Felicity And Friends (guest staring Steve who should really get his priorities strait and worry less about being a superhero, mayor, or FATHER and spend more time sucking up to his Fangirl Insert Sue).
>>
File: 1464639347325.png (37 KB, 504x430) Image search: [Google]
1464639347325.png
37 KB, 504x430
>>83314061
Stephen. Cmon.
>>
>>83313396
>"Then when Stephen found out there was going to be a Justice League [movie] it only seemed -- rightly so -- he would be playing Green Arrow on it as well as that Grant [Gustin] would be playing the Flash," she continued.

come on, these shows are so low budget they'd never translate into film
>>
considering how badly the fucked up Bronze Tiger, even having the perfect actor to play him, they can fuck right off
>>
>>83319952
JUST
>>
>>83319952
ARROW SEASON THREE FROM THE TOP ROPE.

MA GAWD I DON'T THINK HE'LL EVER RECOVER.
>>
>>83315559
do you really think the Arrow Cave or Star Labs or fucking JITTERS could be in a blockbuster and not look stupid?
>>
>>83320080

Now I'm imagining a POWER RANGER THE MOVIE treatment when everything's 20 times shinier in a movie adaptation

Star Labs looks like Hollywood NASA
Arrow cave looks like BvS BatCave

Movie opens with Team Arrow skydiving for no reason
>>
File: fucking_tobias.png (43 KB, 391x229) Image search: [Google]
fucking_tobias.png
43 KB, 391x229
>>83319952
>>
>>83320044
>ARROW SEASON THREE FROM THE TOP ROPE.
Awwwww, yeeeah! Ayyy Esss Teee! Don't nobody come back from dat sheeit!
>>
>>83320080
You could put the arrow cave in there just fine. It's just a basement where he keeps all his shit. I don't really see why a scene or two in the star labs building would look stupid either.
>>
>>83314425
yes but if it is connected, these all happened. So coulson death is cheapened, and people should ask about pietro.
>>
>>83320363
because they're cheap looking sets, the Arrow Cave looks like a NCIS set
>>
File: STAR Labs.png (776 KB, 1177x527) Image search: [Google]
STAR Labs.png
776 KB, 1177x527
>>83320080
>do you really think the Arrow Cave or Star Labs or fucking JITTERS could be in a blockbuster and not look stupid?
Not the guy you're responding to, but...
>>
>>83320383
Star Labs the literal set from the Flash, not Star Labs as a concept
>>
>>83320382
They would obviously not use the exact same sets. They'd build ones of higher quality. That's how it always works when making movies adapted from TV shows.
>>
>>83320517
that's exactly why they're just using new people altogether, if the show doesn't translate to screen why even bother with it? what do you really gain? a meager broadcast tv fanbase and actors tied up with TV schedules?

either that or they have to cancel the shows altogether. nothing logistically makes sense about using them.
>>
>>83317372
THIS!

Varro > Ashur
>>
>>83320517
>>
File: Cigqnael.jpg (44 KB, 640x424) Image search: [Google]
Cigqnael.jpg
44 KB, 640x424
>>83319417
>>83319458

It is a very nice ass.
>>
>>83318220
Now that they've gone through all of the Nolan movies what films will they take from next?
>>
>>83320080

Have you SEEN the Batcave?
>>
>>83319952
SAVAGE
>>
>>83318220
It's so dense. Every single image has so many things going on.
>>
>>83318252
I'd love to hear the Arrow cast complaining over beers.
>>
>>83318864
Christian Bales Batman was easily better than Afflecks, who really put out a confused, muddled interpretation of the character. At least Bales Batman knew exactly what he was to the core.
>>
I'll take WB's suicide squad thank you
Arrow's version is like the AU version and contains all the shitty AU villain versions from Arrow.

Only decent aspect was Diggle
>>
>>83314545
They were never going to use Harley
So I have to question why they included the easter egg in the first place.
just another thing for fanboys to complain about
>>
File: absolutelygrantgusting.jpg (22 KB, 277x384) Image search: [Google]
absolutelygrantgusting.jpg
22 KB, 277x384
>hurrr but CW's SS was shit

Completely missing the point your retards

These embargos and restrictions do nothing but stifle the creativity of the shows and cause more issues
>>
>>83320044
He's following up with an Arrow Season 4!
>>
File: 1441692769704.gif (2 MB, 360x240) Image search: [Google]
1441692769704.gif
2 MB, 360x240
>>83321729
yes that's why he quit being batman after a few months
oh
>>
Thank god DCTV is getting powerless soon so the meme status of the CW shows will finally end.
>>
>>83321927
If an Arrow Season 3 ends any desire for participants to continue, an Arrow Season 4 ends any desire to continue living.
>>
>>83321729

I'm talking about the conception of the character, not the writing. (I also thought Affleck was fine, whereas 70% of the time, especially in the later movies, Bale basically had nothing to work with.)

We're talking about a Batman who
- Killed a villain every movie
- Was batman for around 18 months in total, giving up the mantle twice
- Retires at the end without training his successor
>>
>>83313592
>their SS wasn't that great anyway.
Deadshot grew on me, and he was factored heavily into Diggle's backstory in the first two seasons. Deadshot and Diggle in the Russian Gulag was a great episode and they had good chemistry as actors.

They also had Black Dynamite on the team, and it was a shame we didn't get more of Bronze Tiger. Because he had potential.

Really when they began canning Suicide Squad stuff it started getting bad. You could tell it had tie-ins to larger plots and those had to get dropped and reworked.

Deadshot on the Flash was funny and made me miss him all the more.

>>83313688
Keeping the Blackhawks would've also been fine.
>>
File: 1464382209119.png (727 KB, 1024x768) Image search: [Google]
1464382209119.png
727 KB, 1024x768
>>83315145
the head of hydra was in the winter solider.
keep crying bitch.
>>
>>83321997
>meme status

What does this even mean
>>
>>83322126
When you put it that way, Nolan Bats really sounds like shit.

I've always found Nolan Bat films look amazing on first viewing but fall apart the more you think about them.
>>
File: 1446068821478.jpg (164 KB, 500x600) Image search: [Google]
1446068821478.jpg
164 KB, 500x600
>>83313396

CuckqueanW on suicide watch
>>
>>83322126
Afflecks conception of Batman was much worse in disregarding key aspects of the character. Christian Bales still held true to the thematic essence of Batman.

>>83322177
They really don't at all, they actually hold up better than any other Batman movie in terms of feeling like Batman.
>>
File: 5ygfdLq.jpg (101 KB, 1600x900) Image search: [Google]
5ygfdLq.jpg
101 KB, 1600x900
>Marvel does a shared universe
>TV shows logically have to deal with certain characters and events being off-limits

>DC does separated universes
>TV shows have to deal with certain characters and events being off-limits ... for some reason
>>
File: 05vlV7F.jpg (37 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
05vlV7F.jpg
37 KB, 1280x720
>>83319741
or that fan film
>>
>>83322270
Yes they do. Rises especially has so much shit that doesn't make any sense but you're to swept up in the movie to really notice first time.

Dark Knight mostly holds up logically but some of the action scenes are kind of shit when inspected.
>>
>>83317491
>tfw she posted nude for some pics I think

Maybe I'm confusing her for somebody else, but I thought I saw it once.
>>
>>83322177
Well, just taking the first two movies, just because it's a weaker Batman doesn't mean the movies are bad. It's just a different interpretation of Batman.

For example, even more than other Batman versions, BaleBats really hadn't grown up from his childhood trauma. Whereas other Batmen were preparing to fight crime earlier on, BaleBats really just still wants to kill Chill, and doesn't even start training until after Chill dies. He's still pining for the girl he probably had a childhood crush on from before his parents' death. His life is literally aimless, especially post TDK where he does jackshit for 8 years (sure "researching new energy"). He only gets his life back when he puts down the cowl at the end of TDKR (unfortunately TDKR was awfully executed).

>>83322270
>Afflecks conception of Batman was much worse in disregarding key aspects of the character.
How so? That Batman is stubborn and self-righteous as fuck? That's a key part of his character that if anything never gets enough spotlight.

>Christian Bales still held true to the thematic essence of Batman.
No complaints there. It's a different but valid interpretation, but most people don't acknowledge how much more human BaleBats is.
>>
>>83322004
What does season 5 do?
>>
File: despairbutalsodespair.jpg (152 KB, 594x720) Image search: [Google]
despairbutalsodespair.jpg
152 KB, 594x720
>>83322360
You don't want to know.
>>
>>83322182
SOOEESAISQUARK!
>>
Well, it sounds like everyone on the cast of Arrow is unhappy.
>>
File: Mulhern-ass.png (2 MB, 1080x1080) Image search: [Google]
Mulhern-ass.png
2 MB, 1080x1080
>>83319760
Top kek, it's like Stephen Mulhern on BGMT only he does the bitching as bants.
>>
>>83319777
Perfect way to confirmed you don't watch the show.
>>
>>83322502
Why would anyone on that shit show be happy

Unless they're delusional enough to believe season 4 was any good.
>>
File: post-55100-evelyn-taft-dancing.gif (3 MB, 315x234) Image search: [Google]
post-55100-evelyn-taft-dancing.gif
3 MB, 315x234
>>83322671
Yeah, they must all realize it was a trainwreck. A few of them feel like are just phoning it in now.
>>
>>83318691
Oh my god.. I didn't even realize. Why are they doing this? They see it, right? RIGHT?
>>
>>83322671
That chick who plays Felicity must be loving it. It's all around her now.
>>
>>83313396
>marvel does

As if that is the only way to do things . Don't get me wrong, DC's movies post DKR and Watchmen have been septic trash, but honestly. There is something to be said for creating a singular work of art rather than hammering every artistic piece into a sort of sameness.
>>
>>83313396
>Speedy killed off when?
>>
>>83314590
Goddammit. Please can we go one thread without gay shit. First tumblr and now the LGT board leak over. It's like /co's shit attracts other shit.
>>
>>83313396
I'm okay with keeping the Squad away from arrow. They'd make Deadshot gay for Flag and turn Harley Quinn into the focal point. And given how they've done Laurel, it wouldn't surprise me if Quinn was retconned into never liking the joker.
>>
I honestly think the Arrow has a problem writing females. They're either wish fulfillment, fodder for wish fulfillment characters or harpies. It infects to other parts of writing too - like the males on the show. It's like their number one goal in their writing room is to pander to people who want wish fulfillment.
>>
>>83322502
>>83322897
SEMEN DEMON
>>
>>83323748
>wish fulfillment

As opposed to what? Unlikable shit that nobody enjoys?

That's such a weird fucking complaint to have. All entertainment fiction is wish fulfillment. That's why people watch this schlock.
>>
>>83323876
[need to Felicity intensifies]
>>
>>83315717
yeah this is the silliest part of it. it wasn't a major part of the show, but the idiot executives still felt the need to get rid of it because they were afraid it would cause confusion. and it's the kind of confusion that could EASILY be explained or googled.
>>
You guys remember during that CW or whatever TV panel interview they were having Q&A for Flash and Arrow separately?

All the questions for Flash were about what the Flash was going to be like going forward except for one kid who didn't have a question and just dressed up as Flash and repeated the "My Name is.."

All the questions for Arrow was about Olicity with one girl dressed up as Felicity.

That's your audience.
>>
>>83320685
Which movie used that bottom one as a bridge?
>>
>>83323268
She's actually said she doesn't like all the crying and said killing BC was a mistake IIRC
>>
>>83318220
No wonder why Amell likes wrestling.
>>
>>83323542
You know they already did a pretty cool Deadshot right
>>
>>83323748
honestly the whole DC CW has issues with writing for women. Iris was awful in S1 and became good in S2, but Caitlin was basically nothing but a damsel. The most interesting she got was as E2 Killer Frost. And the only other notable women on the show, Linda and Patty, got written off.

Legends of Tomorrow had the same problem. Only Sara was good, and they actually developed the idea of her and Snart together in a subtle and unplanned way. Kendra was a fucking blight on the show and was easily the weakest member of the team in all ways conceptually.

Seems the only time they can write women well and nuanced is when one is the focus of the show, i.e. Supergirl. Kara, Alex, Lucy and Cat are all great and only the women villains like Livewire and Banshee are kinda lame.
>>
>>83323876
It's wish fulfillment on some level but that shouldn't be the entire point, and it isn't in good entertainment fiction.
>>
>>83324045
Yeah Emily R. seems like a pretty cool person and even her acting isn't half bad. Felicity is just fucking unbearable though and she doesn't get much to work with as a result of that.
>>
>>83324023
Well judging by ratings, the Arrow audience isn't as big as they hoped.
>>
>>83322126
>- Killed a villain every movie

That's not really a valid disqualifier for cinematic Batmen as the only time Batman didn't kill anyone was in Batman and Robin.

>Batman (1989) - killed who knows how many goons when he blewup Ace chemicals, killed a goon in the clock tower, killed Joker
>Batman Returns - killed numerous circus crimiinals, killed Penguin
>Batman Forever - killed Two-Face
>>
>>83314170

>skipping episodes
>>
>>83324174
Holy fuck, the ratings for Flash are DOUBLE what they are for Arrow.
>>
File: PartyEvenHardest.gif (364 KB, 540x300) Image search: [Google]
PartyEvenHardest.gif
364 KB, 540x300
>>83315145

>being in this level of denial
>thinking AoS is noncanon
>mfw
>>
>>83324239
Gotta trust in the Gustin
>>
>>83322275

Personally I think John Morrison (from the Casey Vs. Kick-Ass video from Bat In The Sun's Super Hero Beat Down) did a pretty good Casey Jones.

https://youtu.be/NkMxa64H0xY?t=4m7s
>>
>>83313396
I still don't understand why they can't let the TV shows be their own separate thing. For fuck's sake they even introduced the idea of a "multiverse" on Flash so it's not like understanding "the Suicide Squad on TV isn't the same as the one in the movie" is that hard of a concept to grab for the average TV viewer.
>>
>>83324239
Even Legends beat Arrow

Arrow is getting beat by the shows it spawned, s m h
>>
>>83315077
>I just wish they'd be okay with having multiple live action versions of their characters floating around
Why don't they do this though? Why do they have to be so god damn strict? If TMNT can have a cartoon happening and a movie series completely separate from it, then why can't we?
>>
>>83322275
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fQVTBkKXfo4
>>
>>83324121
I pretty much agree, especially when it comes to the Supergirl cast. That show had a rocky start, but most of its characters, especially the girls, are great.

Plus I want Cat to demean me.
>>
>>83313396
i would agree with her 100%, but i don't think guggie knows how to create a story for a group of men without a hacker in it.

anyhow, WB embargo is a bitch anyway. just call it a multiverse stuff, it doesn't get more complicated than that
>>
>>83324370

Holy crap, this! You can even say that the DCEU is just another Earth that the Flash will never travel to. The same can even be said for other DC shows like Gotham.

But no, instead we get muh character embargoes.
>>
>>83324121
The showrunners made an effort to create believable and memorable women on Supergirl. The other shows treat them like ancillary members of the cast.
>>
>>83317013
They probably killed her off like they did for the suicide squad because they plan to have her in a movie later.

I would not be shocked if DC get Arrow and The Flash cancelled just to push the hackneyed garbage they have been pushing out.

I watched Man of Steel and a greater portion of Superman/Batman...not good.
>>
>>83315022
if she were to be in TT i'd want her to play Raven
can you even imagine
>>
>>83314200
JUST
>>
>>83315018
Did you see his E2 version? That was great
>>
>>83314708
You're not wrong but it damages a show when they start setting something up like Suicide Squad but it gets cut short. SHIELD seems to have a better handle on what they can and can't use from the get go.
>>
>>83325193
Fair enough, but that shouldn't affect two seasons. One at most.

A 3 months hiatus is enough time to rewrite different characters with similar functions.
>>
>>83324041
One or both of the JJ films.
>>
This girl is basically crying that they can't use other DC properties in Arrow. Maybe they should actually use Green Arrow's shitty villains instead of constantly running to use Batman/Titans/etc. villains.
>>
>she doesn't want to lose her job

what's new? It's normal for people to think they should get a new series / be in movies so they keep their job. Everyone hates finding a new job no matter if you're a famous actor or not.
>>
>>83314142
They use alot of references from both the comics and our real world culture. Indeed it would be nice if he vibe erza as the flash.
>>
>>83322356
just search JULIA jav, literally look like the same person.
>>
File: 1463529645480.jpg (122 KB, 700x700) Image search: [Google]
1463529645480.jpg
122 KB, 700x700
>>83317491
>they threw away sexy BC for shitty Felicity

s m h
>>
>>83317277
Of course Gustin doesn't fit. He's on a show that's fun and actually uses stuff from the comics.
>>
>>83313396
>>"Then when Stephen found out there was going to be a Justice League [movie] it only seemed -- rightly so -- he would be playing Green Arrow on it as well as that Grant [Gustin] would be playing the Flash," she continued. "It seemed like the right normal answer
How fucking dumb is she (and Grant/Stephen) if they thought that? Having the 2 worlds exist in the same world would contradict fucking everything that had been established in both fucking worlds.
>I thought you were the first cape Ollie, and that Barry was the first superhero?
>No. There were actually a bunch of other really powerful superheros that I just never mentioned cos reasons.
and vice versa with the DCEU

>"Marvel does it in their own weird right, kind of mash between 'Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.' and the movies and stuff.
HAHAHAHAHAHAHA
Didn't the lead actress from AoS come out just the other day and complain that the movies and shows basically exists in completey seperate continuity's? Hell, even critically acclaimed series like Daredevil and Jessica Jones can't get anything in the movies.

She's a fucking shit actress who's pissy cos she got fired from a cushy job where she put in zero effort whose only talent is posting pics of herself getting eaten out on instagram "by accident"
>>
>>83326217
When did she get fired?
>>
>>83318328
His powers increased from mass deaths. He controls an explosion earlier in the episode.
>>
>>83326208
>a show that uses stuff from the comics

Remember when Zoom was actually Jay Garrick who was actually Barry Allens father?
>>
>>83326288
I just assume she had (or at least they hadn't renewed her contract) because of how S3 ended for her character and her now taking pot-shots like this.
>>
File: Grant3.jpg (22 KB, 630x420) Image search: [Google]
Grant3.jpg
22 KB, 630x420
>>83326208
from a director's standpoint, i can understand why they don't want grant. unless he bulk up, but that would demand more from grant's schedule.
>>
>>83326376
No because none of that is true.
>>
Reminder that having the CW-verse and the DCEU exist in the same world would make Felicity canon.
>>
>>83320685
Actually the bridge they used for The Motion Picture was originally built for Star Trek: Phase II - that set, with extensive rebuilds - was used for all the original series films and survived long into Voyager's production. It was the Enterprise-D's battle bridge and you can see it on a few ships here and there during TNG.
>>
File: leave DC to us.jpg (157 KB, 952x476) Image search: [Google]
leave DC to us.jpg
157 KB, 952x476
>>83313396
>>
>>83326509
These are the people that WB/DC gives control to of their popular and iconic characters.

Is head of WB a secret Marvel fanboy or something? Destroying them from the inside?

Hail Marvel.
>>
>Riley Reid wannabe tries to think past showing her ass on instagram
for what purpose
>>
>>83326646
Willa Holland bukkake when?
>>
>>83326398
>bulk up
We have enough hunks already,hands off from the twinks!
>>
>>83322356
She's been naked in movies before man
>>
>>83326292
Weren't those powers cancelled out by hope or whatever?
>>
File: 1453250736796.jpg (111 KB, 504x632) Image search: [Google]
1453250736796.jpg
111 KB, 504x632
>>83326694
Has Reid done a bukake before? I don't think I've ever looked it up. Has she even done gangbangs?

[ T o b e r e s e a r c h e d ]

Back on topic
Yes Willa, THIS is the reason the show has turned to shit since season 3. It was all WB. It couldn't possibly be the terrible writing.

I'll take Ayers version over Felicity Squad. I bet you they'd replace EVIL Waller with Felicity.
>>
>>83317372
I thought he was okay. Jai will definitely blow him out of the water, but Nick barely got a chance to do anything with him.
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 39

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.