[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How's Clark gonna explain to everyone how he magically came
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 66
Thread images: 10
File: tumblr_nrcasvo7Kf1s3s22so2_500.gif (2 MB, 500x556) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_nrcasvo7Kf1s3s22so2_500.gif
2 MB, 500x556
How's Clark gonna explain to everyone how he magically came back from the dead without revealing that he's Superman?
>>
No one cares, that movie was ass.
>>
>>83296827
The same way he did it in the comics. You read comics, don't you?
>>
>>83296827
You don't and that barely explored aspect of the character is thrown out

However the Fortress of Solitude can now be added nicely
>>
>>83296859
Ignore this man, the movie was great
>>
>>83296827
Just turn your brain off man
>>
>>83296859
Watch it when you're over 25
>>
>>83296827
He was stuck in a closet during Superman's fight with Doomsday. Luckily there were three unopened Thanksgiving baskets and the complete works of Shakespeare to get him through the time he was missing.
>>
>>83296827
Snyder hates secret identities anyway
>>
>>83296882
>>83296905
>Superman had like 14 lines the entire movie.
>Batman was good, poorly explained why he just kills people.
>Cringy dialogue.
>Doomsday was shoved in and detracted from the BATMAN VS SUPERMAN title.
>Lex was horrible.
>Wonder Woman was meh.
>Overall disjointed and just an obvious setup for Justice League.
>Superman being """dead""" was an awful """twist""".

No, it sucked.
>>
>>83296827
He's not? Clark is dead there is only Superman now or will only be Superman. Do you really Snyder is going to waste time on Clark in JL?
>>
>>83296996
I know you and everyone else will call me bait or retarded or whatever

but it was literally too deep for you
>>
>>83297047
>remaking iconic religious imagery with people in spandex makes a movie deep

Kek
>>
>>83296996
>"like" 14 lines

Millenials are so fucking stupid.
>>
>>83297047
The movie was as deep as a puddle and your acting like it's a lake
>>
Yeah he fucked up with that one. They could've just said that he went missing or something or they could say that the death isn't legit since they never found his body and just say that they assumed that he was KiA.

How did they handle Clark's death in Death of Superman? (That is if they actually addressed it.)
>>
>>83297092
Elaborate how it doesn't.
>>
Uh, Clark isn't Superman, guy.
>>
>>83297127
I could have said around as well, it denotes that I do not know in fact how many lines he had.

And guess what friendo, if you're under 30 you're a millennial too.
>>
File: file.png (543 KB, 490x440) Image search: [Google]
file.png
543 KB, 490x440
He'll just use his super hypnotism to make everyone forget that he died.
>>
>>83297187
Thanks for clearing up your horrible opinion.
>>
>>83297224
You're welcome.
>>
>>83296996
Literally every complaint here is your opinion.

You have shit taste.
>>
>>83296827
they explained Barry being gone for years as "I was in witness protection"
>>
>>83297283
Shit that works in comics doesn't always translate to a movie well
>>
>>83296827
They're not. Clark and Superman are one and the same. RIP secret identity.
>>
Clark is redundant in the Snyderverse. There is no "hayseed" side to Superman. His mom and Lois are the only humans he cares for and I'll bet you dicks to donuts they both end up dead or living in the Fortress before the second JL movie.
Besides the Daily Planet is anachronistic as all fuck these days.
There's a reason the Daredevil show made the NewYork Bulletin a once great but now shitty little office struggling to stay relevant.
Snyder has no idea how to use Clark in a modern setting, plus the very concept runs counter to the Superman is Jesus thing Snyder is obsessed with.
>>
File: Clark Kent.jpg (101 KB, 500x527) Image search: [Google]
Clark Kent.jpg
101 KB, 500x527
>>83296958
But since he also hates it when people in costume talk, is Cavill just going to have no lines?
BvS seems to indicate the answer is yes.

(Which really is ok, Cavill is better at looking like Superman than anything)
>>
>>83296827
Areyoukiddingme?.jpg

Now you cannot unsee it.
>>
Do Wonder Woman and Superman ever actually talk to each other in BvS?
>>
>>83296827
He won't. It was pretty clear even in Man of Steel that Snyder had no interest in the Clark Kent secret identity; he's staying gone.

Just another reason these movies are shit.
>>
>>83297167
Not that anon but, it's a cheap over used tatict that Synder uses every fucking chance he gets, and because of this it loses all meaning and depth, it's like Whedon killing characters off doesn't add depth at all. Superman, in the film was unconfortable being a godly figure for people, but he never actually does anything to move away from this, he never speaks to the people he saves as if the voice of Superman is to pure for human ears to receive. The point of the film was ro show that Superman is just as human as Batman, and it was only done during the MARTHA scene, and who the fuck calls their mom by her first name anyway? But instead we got more pseudo Biblethumping Superman, opposed to Paragon Superman. I'm sorry but religious overtones and imagery add about as much depth as killing off a side character.
>>
File: Tornado Man of Steel.gif (2 MB, 320x180) Image search: [Google]
Tornado Man of Steel.gif
2 MB, 320x180
>>83298089
DCfriends are so utterly infatuated with the premise of Superman flying around breaking shit and Batman blasting around the silver screen, that they imagine a "great well-constructed film" happening in the stretches between "Le Snyder Action Setpiece".

It's an amazing feat of self-hypnosis.
>>
>>83298287
You do get that, no matter how bad people want Kal to be God or Jesus, he's not, right? Before he's a Superman, he is a son, a person, not a god. You're line of thinking mimics Lex's mindset in this film that Superman has to represent god if only because he can fly. I'm sorry but I just can't agree with you on this.
>>
File: 1458637629942.jpg (55 KB, 416x416) Image search: [Google]
1458637629942.jpg
55 KB, 416x416
>>83298436
Ironic considering supefags worship him like one.
>>
>>83296827
Hal Jordan will mind wipe everyone in JL part 2.
>>
>>83298436
>You do get that, no matter how bad people want Kal to be God or Jesus, he's not, right? Before he's a Superman, he is a son, a person, not a god. You're line of thinking mimics Lex's mindset in this film that Superman has to represent god if only because he can fly. I'm sorry but I just can't agree with you on this.
Not that anon but I have to ask.
Is this supposed to showcase how there is a "great well-constructed film" there?
Because all you described, is the basic synopsis of what Superman and Lex Luthor are.
Any greatness to be found in the features you described has existed for decades and is in no part the doing of the film, so you'll have to defend it on different grounds, than "it had what every superman movie had". You'll either have to defend it because of what it brought that was new, or through its execution, which already got picked apart by everyone.
>>
File: lois-and-clark.jpg (178 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
lois-and-clark.jpg
178 KB, 1280x720
>>83297370
>Snyder has no idea how to use Clark in a modern setting
It's not that hard. There formula used in Lois and Clark works in any time period.
>>
File: Damn it Hal.jpg (86 KB, 453x432) Image search: [Google]
Damn it Hal.jpg
86 KB, 453x432
>>83299312
Concussions aren't mind wiping, Hal.
>>
>>83296827
cavill never fails to give me a lady boner
>>
File: Matress Actress.jpg (11 KB, 210x240) Image search: [Google]
Matress Actress.jpg
11 KB, 210x240
I have a better question

Why did Perry hire Clark to be a writer when he has no credentials?

Has Snyder Clark written a single piece in his life before?
>>
>>83296996
i dont need superman to talk, batman doesnt need to explain himself to anyone(even the audience), dialogue was quite cringy, doomsday was in that movie?, lex coulda worked but he went full retard with it,WW was ok.
and i cant believe nobody mentioning the utter uselessness of lois lane,movie works fine without her.
>>
>>83296827
witness protection
>>
>>83296827
Clark is Superman?
lol what the fuck are you smoking?
>>
>>83296827
He won't.
Snyder got rid of Jimmy Olsen, and now he's gotten rid of Clark Kent.
>>
File: 001500Capture.png (1 MB, 1006x920) Image search: [Google]
001500Capture.png
1 MB, 1006x920
>>83296827
>>
>>83297353
>>83297353
But that works pretty good.
>he was after the lead in some serious shit
>he fucks up
>fakes death
>he witness protection
>>
>>83300662
Print is dead, Clark was probably the only person to even show up.
>>
>Superman found me.
>Just kidding, I'm actually Superman.
>gets told by everyone else to fuck off
>>
>>83301739
Too much humor for an Snyder movie
>>
>>83296996
Here's your (you) :^)
>>
>>83297047
No, the problem is that BvS doesn't have any subtlety whatsoever. Snyder just obnoxiously shoves intense religious iconography in your face to the point of headache as if he thinks the viewers are too stupid to understand. Even then, as a movie where the characters are supposed to symbolize broader concepts, their representation in the film misses the point. I'll give you an example.

Superman is supposed to be a Christ figure, right? Superman isn't great because of his powers, but because he is a good person who was raised by good people, who in turn uses his powers to do what he thinks is right. It is through his humanity that Superman becomes a Christ-like icon that all wish to be like. Jesus himself was the son of a carpenter. Nowhere does Superman just act like a good person, and when he does "good" things, it's so blatant and in your face to show you how "Messianic" he is that it looks like the way he's acting is because of him being a Christ-figure instead of Superman doing what he thinks is right making him a Christ-figure.

But that isn't the point. The real problem is with Lex. Luthor is supposed to be the perfect human specimen, athletic, handsome, intelligent, wealthy, powerful, and so on and son. Yet, Lex Luthor cannot comprehend how Clark Kent could even be Superman, even if you put Kent right in front of him, because Luthor cannot comprehend how someone as human as Clark Kent could be so much more as Superman. But in BvS, Lex is just some weirdo, not a man who believes himself to be the apex of human achievement going through an ego trip.
>>
>>83296827
All-Star Superman had him come up with a moronic excuse about how he was trapped under a mountain of holiday gift baskets to excuse his absence of several months.

Then the final issue revealed that everyone at the Planet (besides Lois, who can't admit it) actually knows that he's Superman and just humor him for various reasons.
>>
>>83303324
Yeah, but All-Star Superman is after he'd been Superman for many years and is near the end of his life/story.
>>
>>83296827
He'll adopt a new identity and live somewhere else or not be Clark anymore.

This universe is playing fast and loose with the tropes and classic rules.

>Lex Luthor is a manic pixie who knows everyones secret identity
>Batman is old as fuck and likes to murder
>Clark is a dour sad dude who snaps necks
>Wonder Woman is immortal and has been around for at least 100 years
>>
>>83296926
Actually laughed
>>
>>83296905
I'm 28. BvS was ass.
>>
>>83296872
Do YOU read comics? They didn't fucking have an open casket funeral for Clark Kent in Smallville in DAROS.
>>
>>83296827
I honestly don't think Snyder sees the point to Clark in the first place so he probably just won't be Clark anymore.
>>
>>83303288
No you don't get it. Superman ISN'T supposed to be a Christ figure. That's why he's constantly whining and pouting and scowling all the time.
No, he shouldn't take an active step and tell people not to treat him like a god, that would be spoonfeeding!
>>
Well they somehow got away with Barry Allen coming back to life after 25 years without revealing his identity, so I'm sure they'll find some reason.
>>
>>83300443
Rewatched this and Season 1 was better than I figured it would be, even after /co/ hyped it up.

They replay the theme way too fucking much, though.
>>
File: batman pig.gif (626 KB, 320x294) Image search: [Google]
batman pig.gif
626 KB, 320x294
>>83296827
He's coming back as Soup Hermann, moron

Like when Jon Jonzz came back as Lamar Shawnman-Hunter
>>
>I wasn't actually dead I just went away lol
>>
>>83301195

I love how people think posting this is supposed to make people dislike something.

Welcome to group think. If you don't like the movie fine, but don't pretend just cause other people dislike something any one who likes something is an idiot.
>>
>>83303539
>Wonder Woman is immortal and has been around for at least 100 years

You do understand that that is kind of her actual origin right?

Yeah, I know it's WWII not WWI in the comics, but whatever.
Thread replies: 66
Thread images: 10

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.