[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Rebirth Questions
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 2
File: I'm in to cuckolding.jpg (187 KB, 970x545) Image search: [Google]
I'm in to cuckolding.jpg
187 KB, 970x545
So I've been looking to get in to physical copies of comics and DC comics as well, and Rebirth seems to be the place to go, but I've got some questions about it.

Like how come some characters have two comics? Like there's Batman #1 and Rebirth Batman #1, will I have to read both, like will they follow the same storyline?

Also are there any that are consensus gets? I'm not really familiar of any writers other than Bendis and he seems to have a bad reputation, so I don't really know. I've heard Blue Beetle and Nightwing are supposed to be good, what about Hellraiser?

What exactly are Action Comics and Detective Comics? Are they just other Batman and Superman comic series? Do they follow the same story as the other ones might?

Are there any comics I'd have to follow for the main Rebirth plot, I'm assuming Flash because he seems responsible for this but I heard Titans as well. Also do Titans and Teen Titans have anything to do with each other? Like will Batman tie in to Teen Titans because of Damian?

Also if someone could post that picture with every series coming out after Rebirth and their release dates that would be awesome.

Thanks in advance.
>>
Gonna go have a quick shower so bump, hopefully there's a reply before it 404's.
>>
Fuck off DCuck
>>
>Like how come some characters have two comics? Like there's Batman #1 and Rebirth Batman #1, will I have to read both, like will they follow the same storyline?

The Rebirth issue comes before the normal #1. Those Rebirth ones will be to help people like you catch up and introduce you to the current status quo. Following release order is generally a good idea.

>What exactly are Action Comics and Detective Comics? Are they just other Batman and Superman comic series? Do they follow the same story as the other ones might?

Yeah they're basically just another book for those characters and their mythos. Detective is going to be a used as sort of a team book while Action seems to be the "main" Superbook right now (Batman is almost always the main Batbook). You probably won't need to read anything else though if you choose to read one of them.

>Are there any comics I'd have to follow for the main Rebirth plot, I'm assuming Flash because he seems responsible for this but I heard Titans as well.

We don't really know yet for sure on this because the big catch of everything with Watchmen was a surprise. Only Titans seems obvious from the solicits. They'll reveal more over time though so just pay attention to interviews and shit.

>Also do Titans and Teen Titans have anything to do with each other? Like will Batman tie in to Teen Titans because of Damian?

In-universe Titans is just the older characters who used to be Teen Titans but graduated in a sense. But from our perspective it's a team with the characters who were Teen Titans members before the 80s while Teen Titans is the newer ones. Batman the character could show up but I don't expect there to be like a Batman and Teen Titans crossover storyline or anything.
>>
See >>83292974 for your questions about the Rebirth one-shots. (tl;dr: anything titled "____: Rebirth" is a one-shot that serves as a link between the 80-page special and the rest of the series; in other words, it's an issue 0).

So yes, you'll probably want to read Batman: Rebirth if you want to read the rest of the main Batman series, but since it's just one issue, it's no big deal.

>Action/Detective Comics

They historically served as companion series to Superman and Batman, respectively. They've also been series for characters who are "near" the characters: Super-family characters in Action Comics' case, and either Bat-family characters or other DCU detectives in Detective Comics' case.

>main Rebirth plot

We don't really know at this point. Flash's solicitations don't indicate it'll go near the Rebirth plot at all. Besides having Wally West in it, Titans is the same: the information we have indicates it won't conclude any Rebirth plotlines. Geoff Johns and other power players have indicated that there's no rush to get to the main Rebirth plot, so it's possible we won't see it unfold for a *long* time. The announced JLA title might follow it, but we know literally nothing about it.
>>
>>83293254
>2016
>Reading DC

>>>/pol/
>>
>>83293254
>Like how come some characters have two comics? Like there's Batman #1 and Rebirth Batman #1, will I have to read both, like will they follow the same storyline?

The Rebirth #1 issues are just one-shots beginning the runs of the various titles. Batman Rebirth #1 comes before Batman #1, and in trade paperback collections would be that way as well.

>>83293254
>Also are there any that are consensus gets? I'm not really familiar of any writers other than Bendis and he seems to have a bad reputation, so I don't really know. I've heard Blue Beetle and Nightwing are supposed to be good, what about Hellraiser?

Personally, I'm extremely excited for Blue Beetle, Deathstroke, Wonder Woman, and Hellblazer. This is just me, however

>>83293254
>What exactly are Action Comics and Detective Comics? Are they just other Batman and Superman comic series? Do they follow the same story as the other ones might?

Yeah, Action is just another Superman book, and 'Tec is just another Batman book. it looks like 'Tec is focusing on the Batfamily, don't know what Action is doing.

>>83293254
>Are there any comics I'd have to follow for the main Rebirth plot, I'm assuming Flash because he seems responsible for this but I heard Titans as well. Also do Titans and Teen Titans have anything to do with each other? Like will Batman tie in to Teen Titans because of Damian?

Looks like Titans and Flash perhaps. I don't know what Titans and Teen Titans will have to do with eachother, probably not very much since TT looks to mostly be a Damian book now. Maybe Justice League or JLA, Action for the whole "Who was New 52 Superman" plot?
>>
File: 1464074483246.jpg (3 MB, 1200x4800) Image search: [Google]
1464074483246.jpg
3 MB, 1200x4800
>>83293254
>>
>>83293254
The Rebirth specials are basically just lead-ins to the mainline ongoings, so Batman Rebirth will lead into Batman. We don't know if you'll need to read one to understand the other, but it seems to be the case.

The for-sure going to be good books are: Batman, Blue Beetle, Nightwing, Supergirl, Deathstroke, and Wonder Woman

Action and Detective Comics are basically another Superman and Batman book, yes. Action and Superman share being the "main" book for Superman because of the editorial situation, but Detective is more a side book for Batman

we honestly don't know where or when the main Rebirth plot will be. Titans seems like a good bet based on Wally's presence, but again we really don't know.
>>
>>83293636
I'm not convinced on Supergirl yet. It will be ok but I'm more hype for whatever other book Orlando is on, especially if it's JSA
>>
>Also are there any that are consensus gets?

Batman is one of the few, just because Tom King is a great writer.

Wonder Woman is probably another: Rucka has already shown to be a good WW writer, but more than that, Sharp and Scott are both fantastic artists.

Suicide Squad has one of the strongest creative teams it's had in a while (which will probably be a big deal going into August and the film's release).

Beyond that...nothing is absolutely clear. And I think that's a good thing. Every team is mostly strong. Even the ones who weren't too great during the New52 era could potentially be better under the Rebirth banner. You just have to find something and give it a shot.
>>
>>83293539
>They'll reveal more over time though so just pay attention to interviews and shit.

There's also always storytimes and download links here on /co/ on Wednesdays as the comics get scanned and uploaded. If it turns out that something leads into an important bit of Rebirth, then you can always come back here or dig through desustorage to find it.
>>
>>83293634
Wasn't there a Shazam run confirmed? Is there a lost like this for Marvel?
>>
>>83294288
Johns said it was coming but he said it was coming like 3 years ago and it's still not here so it's up to you whether you believe him or not
>>
>>83294026
I think Seeley Squad is arguably stronger than Williams Squad in theory.
>>
Oh okay, so Rebirth Hellblazer comes out July 20th, then the Hellblazer #1 on 24th is the only Hellblazer series going forwards because the Rebirth is just the introduction? That makes more sense thanks guys.

Also just to ask, what's general comic book store etiquette? Being in Australia am I better off ordering online or should I go to my local comic store. Like Rebirth only comes out tomorrow because of shipping but it's not really the wait that worries me, but because our dollar is like $0.70 USD I feel like I might get ripped by comic book stores because of the exchange rate and shipping.

So Rebirth at $3.99 is $5.50AUD, what would be a reasonable price for it in a shop?
>>
>>83294665
Yeah, think of the Rebirth issue as #0
Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.