[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Daily Reminder: This is the best Batman run
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1
File: image.jpg (168 KB, 448x675) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
168 KB, 448x675
Daily Reminder: This is the best Batman run
>>
No the Alan Grant and Norm Breyfogle run in Detective Comics and Batman is
>>
>Steve Englehart / Marshall Rogers

And (especially)

>Denny O'Neil / Neal Adams

Would like a word with you...not to mention Frank Miller
>>
>>83293206
Close enough, at least you can proudly say you're not a pleb.
>>
>>83293206
well, storytime it so i will believe you
>>
Let's also honor one of the greatest contributors of art to batman history: Jim Aparo

He provided art for "Brave and the Bold" for a little over ten years (starting in 1971) and then worked on the main titles through the 80's and much of the 90's. You'd recognize his art from the death of Jason Todd, the intro of Tim Drake and Bane's triumph over the batman in knight fall.

The only problem was his writing partners were fairly inconsistent. While his art was always on point he was shackled to more than a few mediocre writers. Check out his stuff with Starlin (albeit one controversial story aside) or Wolfman on writing duties for a true treat.

>>83293424
I can't believe I forgot Breyfogle and Grant
>>
>>83293206
Mike W Barr

Monech/Jones was pretty good though
>>
>>83293924
>Check out his stuff with Starlin
Hell yeah KGBeast

I also really enjoy The Cult by Starlin and Wrightson
>>
does any batman run mirror millers most famous take on batmans character? like with the gritty and involved and sometimes even confused thoughts that batman has while hes fighting? thats the thing i like the most from dkr
>>
I was looking for digitals of batman 515-552 i.e. this run but no one wants to post a complete zippyshare of it
>>
>>83294038
>I also really enjoy The Cult by Starlin and Wrightson

Seconding this, that book is a ride and a half from start to finish.
Gorgeous artwork too.
>>
>>83294517
lib gen?
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.