[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
this is the best adaptation of spider-man prove me wrong
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 56
Thread images: 13
File: best spiderman .jpg (801 KB, 1440x1080) Image search: [Google]
best spiderman .jpg
801 KB, 1440x1080
this is the best adaptation of spider-man

prove me wrong

protip you cannot
>>
>>83290421
Nearly perfect

non-powered Eddie following Spidey to Venom's burial site will always stick in my craw
Spidey choosing to land on the exact spot instead of just surveying the area will always mildly irk me
>>
>>83290490
Where can I stream it?
>>
No is not, the art style is shit.
>>
>>83290735
that is the only flaw
>>
>>83290735
fuck you, its fine.
>>
>>83290421

I wasn't that fond of Peter MacNicol's Doc Ock.
>>
The cliffhanger will haunt me
>>
>>83290490
>non-powered Eddie following Spidey to Venom's burial site will always stick in my craw

I did like that they had Eddie build his own webbing. Eddie was Peter's mentor, so it'd make sense that he was just as smart as he is, and that they symbiote would share the information on how to build it.
>>
>>83290569
watchcartoononline should be your default choice.
>>
the 90s cartoon is better because it doesn't stray far from the source matieral in most cases and doesn't look like absolute ass.
>>
>>83290421
The art was shit, Beaner Liz as the girlfriend was a dumb choice that made no sense, the last few episodes and ending were horrible, and James Arnold Taylor wasn't a great choice to play Harry. Other than that though, I agree.
>>
>>83291335
>Beaner Liz as the girlfriend was a dumb choice that made no sense

How so? She was the best girl. Peter a dumbass.

>>83291315
> because it doesn't stray far from the source matieral in most cases
>Captain America Black Cat
>Electro being Red Skull's son
>Hobgoblin before Green Goblin
>Doc Ock being Kingpin's bitch
>Norman being Kingpin's bitch
>Talking Baby Silvermane
>>
>>83291335
Liz was best girl you pleb
>>
Doc Ock was a perfect adaption from the comics in terms of writing but the voice was a bit iffy. Other than that, it's literally a perfect distillation of everything found in the 60s Lee/Ditko/Romita run.

Spectacular Norman Osborn will forever be the definitive adaption of him IMO, unless the new Homecoming movie manages to top it.
>>
>>83291335
(you)
>>
>>83291315
>doesn't look like total ass
Do you know fucking anything about animation? The 90's cartoon constantly puttered right as though as though the characters were phasing into their next animation frame rather than actually moving. Spectacular had some of the best animation and fight choreography in western tv animation barring Avatar.
>>
>>83291423
Has anybody EVER shipped Pete and Liz Allen except in that one circumstance? He was only with her because he was too much of a puss to go for Gwen when it was totally obvious that she was into him.

>>83291437
>Implying Liz Allen can be best girl in anything featuring Black Cat
You have some very odd tastes, anon.

I do respect them having MJ in a big sister role, rather than a romantic one, and Cree Summer did a great job.
>>
>>83291487
>Who is Willem Dafoe?
>>
>>83291658
Cree wasn't MJ, she was Glory.
>>
>>83291718
Are you sure? I swear to God that was Cree's voice.
>>
I'm about to go through the last two episodes with a heavy sigh.

Nothing will fill the void, right? I just marathoned this, Teen Titans and Earth's Mightiest Heroes after having watched the 90s animated series for years, and I feel like I exhausted the pool.

I want more Spidey, but if I try Ultimate Spider-Man, from what I can see, I'll hate myself for doing that.
>>
>>83291803
If it makes you feel better, only the first season and the Spider-Verse crossover are offensively bad.

Everything else is just bland and harmless.
>>
File: Spidey versus Sinister Six.webm (3 MB, 512x288) Image search: [Google]
Spidey versus Sinister Six.webm
3 MB, 512x288
>>83290421
The only flaw was the art style. I've gotten used to it but it's still kind of ugly.

BUT the animation was fluid and the fight scenes were the best out of every series. Webm related, Spidey fighting the Sinister Six was the highlight of the series for me.
>>
>>83292072
posting more fight scenes
>>
>>83292209
>>
>>83292234
>>
This was one of the best superhero shows in my opinion. To me it's the marvel equivalent of Batman the animated series. But in my opinion it even surpasses that. I'm hoping that they'll make Season 3 on Netflix, since Ultimate is ending.
>>
>>83290421
I didn't like it that much. All of the drama felt so fucking forced. I know some of you love the idea of "peter parker is suffering" but it got so heavy handed at times it was cringe worthy.
>>
>>83292459
What's your power listing?
>>
I liked this one: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WIkH3V3wUiM
>>
>>83292072
Well Greg said he sacrificed looks for fluidity since he wanted a simplistic enough art style that they could get true Spider-Man style action on the screen without a hideously large animation budget.
>>
File: 1440870504305.gif (2 MB, 167x200) Image search: [Google]
1440870504305.gif
2 MB, 167x200
>>83292072
>>83292209
>>83292234
>>83292234
>>83292252
>Tfw forgot how beast symbiote spidey was
>>
File: all out bait.png (113 KB, 623x620) Image search: [Google]
all out bait.png
113 KB, 623x620
>>83291315
>>
File: spectacular spiderman friends.png (432 KB, 852x482) Image search: [Google]
spectacular spiderman friends.png
432 KB, 852x482
>season 3 never ever. even with spidey in the mcu they will still rely of ultimate spider-man
I got used to the simplistic artstyle because the animation is pretty good
>these scene
muh dick
>>
>>83290421
I can't. Kraven being a literal Tiger-Man is the only flaw.
>>
>>83295336
>Kraven being a literal Tiger-Man
There's really no reason for that.
>>
>>83295336
it wasnt necessary at all but i just sort of went along with it
>>
>>83290911
>>83291487

No idea why Doc Ock's voice is getting so much criticism ITT, i loved how pre-accident he was very shrunken and netvous and got a lot more low, cunning, and venomous afterwards. I thought it worked great, I don't think that a deep booming voice or something would have fit the ultra-rotund character design.
>>
>>83295380
>>83295388
It was supposed to be for a big showdown between him, Lizard, and Spidey in the Florida swamps. It was literally the next arc after the finale, which was supposed to take place on Spring Break.
>>
They had the best Black Cat
>when Spidey busts in on her the first time
>the way the spin around above the room, her zip line coiling around his Web line
>later on the jetski she tells him to hang onto her
>Don't worry, I stick well to things
>Mmm, that's not why I said that Spider.
>. . . Hereisfine!
>>
Can we all at least agree that Robert Englund fucking NAILED IT as Vulture? I'm honestly bummed that he'll never play him in live action.
>>
>>
File: NO_SSM.jpg (67 KB, 400x227) Image search: [Google]
NO_SSM.jpg
67 KB, 400x227
>>83295671
Yeah, he did. The black and red armor was also sweet and a much needed update over green.

Also, I honestly see Michael Keaton for Norman instead. He's being wasted as Vulture.
>>
>>83295671
>Robert Englund was Vulture
How...did I not know about this?
>>
>>83295249
USM's is ending with its 3rd season
>>
File: 1454026983138.gif (995 KB, 500x281) Image search: [Google]
1454026983138.gif
995 KB, 500x281
>mfw they got canceled right as they were setting up Carnage and Gwen's death
It's just not fucking fair.
>>
What I loved about this show was the logical progression of things. It really felt like everything was moving forward with little backtracking. It was adding new villains constantly and things were developing. Hell, each time a villain returns, they do so in a way that makes them feel upgraded. Sandman became huge in his second episode. Shocker got the other two in suits. They were plowing through the Spider-Man lore, and it could have gone amazing places.

...and then Ultimate Spider-Man became another "LOOK AT THE AVENGERS! LOOK HOW AWESOME THE AVENGERS ARE!!!"

Gangland was the shit.
>>
>>83290735
it's fine, and it allows for fast and fluid animation in action scenes without going overboard on the budget
>>
>>83296811
They confirmed that they wouldn't have killed off Gwen in SSM.
>>
File: spidey peter v flash.jpg (225 KB, 573x416) Image search: [Google]
spidey peter v flash.jpg
225 KB, 573x416
>>83296293
>3rd season
its like that shit went on forever. maybe there is hope. come on give me the living brain and that boxing match between flash and peter.
>>
>>83295604
>>Don't get your gunk in my hair.
>>
>>83297214
Dat sexual tension was god tier
>>
>>83296022
>How...did I not know about this?
There's this great interview with...I want to say Weisman, who said when he met Englund, he said "I used to have nightmares about you as a kid" to which Englund responded "I know"
>>
>>83297278
Ohh my god, I watched so much Freddy Kruger as a kid, I even have a fucking Elm Street in my home town that a friend on mine lived on, I have sleptover at his place. What are the chances that we could get him to play someone like Mysterio, or even Clayface? I would fucking kill for him to be Basil
>>
>>83295970
We need Norman alive in 10 years
Thread replies: 56
Thread images: 13

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.