[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
This wasn't very good.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 2
File: overrated .jpg (55 KB, 338x499) Image search: [Google]
overrated .jpg
55 KB, 338x499
This wasn't very good.
>>
>>83283620
Either explain your problems with it or post that on your blog/social media.
>>
>>83283683
>2016
>not knowing how to detect a bait thread
>>
>>83283620
it was good up until the ending
>>
>>83283683
Too dark and depressing for a send off of the Pre-Crisis Superman

Superman gives up his powers for killing Mr.Myx. gee thanks Supes...hope nothing bad ever happens again on earth where we need you

Also Pre-Crisis Superman has killed and didn't give up his powers.

Should have given it to Jerry to write the "last superman story" which he wanted to do.
>>
Well yeah, but if you buy it you get For the Man Who Has Everything which is genuinely good.
>>
>>83283620
>Brian Bolland
I really, seriously, don't like his coloring. It makes everything and everyone looks like they're made of plastic. Grade-A, highly expensive plastic, but plastic nonetheless.
>>
>>83283802
Superman's Return to Krypton (by Jerry Seigel) is better.

(though Moore's has a better ending)
>>
Storytime anybody?
>>
>>83283885
should be "flat colors' or whatever they call it
>>
>>83283923
good ideaa
>>
>>83283964
Cel-shading? The thing is, it doesn't have to be cel-shading, but Bolland abuses soft shadows to a degree that ruins his otherwise impeccable lineart.
>>
>>83283783
Well all his enemies are also dead so
>>
>>83283620
It was pretty ehh, yeah. I like the main plot conceit - Superman gives up his powers and lets the world think he's dead - but the story to get there was meandering, boring and filled with too-brutal-for-the-Silver-Age-Superman-it-was-trying-to-send-off deaths which mostly happened for no reason other than to kill characters off.
All Star Superman did the "end of Superman's life story with Silver Age roots" better.
>>
>>83284089
There are always natural disasters

Reminds me of Superman 2 where he gives up his powers to basically be Clark Kent full time. I didn't much care for that but at least in the movie Supes has no reason to think the world couldn't carry on without his super powers (unlike the comics where Supes knows a complete disaster happens every wednesday)
>>
File: 1464536112306.jpg (12 KB, 350x296) Image search: [Google]
1464536112306.jpg
12 KB, 350x296
>>83283620
>Disnigger tried this with Sandman
>now changing targets but using the same tactics

kys
>>
>>83283783
>hope nothing bad ever happens again on earth where we need you

A. the story posits an Earth with numerous other superheroes.
B. no
C. lawsuits
>>
The Last DC Comics presents was better
>>
>>83284519
Superman doesn't rely on other heroes

He would sooner give up being Clark than being superman because he feels an obligation to be superman. Often chastising himself for not living up to his own ideals (this is no way for a superman to act!)

Either way, it's dumb. Superman wouldn't give up his powers just because he killed a super criminal. He doesn't do it because he always has another way around it.
Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.