[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Do you unironically enjoy old cartoons? How long do you think
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 6
File: looneytunes1.1.jpg (101 KB, 554x417) Image search: [Google]
looneytunes1.1.jpg
101 KB, 554x417
Do you unironically enjoy old cartoons?

How long do you think the humor of """"classic"""" Looney Tunes and the like really lasts? Do you really think this stuff will be funny 40 years from now?
>>
yes
forever
yes
>>
I really enjoy watching Bugs, wish there was an easy way to watch it though. wish it was on Netflix or Prime or a decent torrent.
>>
>>83281630
Absolutely. That shit is amazing. It's got some of the best mix of Jewish comedy gold, overt racism in a funny kind of way, satire of culture, mayham, and nowhere in the entire run of shows can you find evidence of a single fuck given. The only guys who cared were the animators and the music composition geniuses, the writers and directors were as sensitive to peoples feelings as a concrete sidewalk is to a building jumper's spine.
>>
>>83281630
I love the old Looney tunes especially Speedy Gonzales. Shame no one can see them anymore because of SJWs
>>
>>83281630

How the fuck could you not find it funny today? The comedic pacing and physical humor go across cultural boundaries, let alone generational ones.
>>
File: 1464387844611.jpg (43 KB, 600x390) Image search: [Google]
1464387844611.jpg
43 KB, 600x390
>>83281630
Humor in the style of Looney Toons is timeless. It's impossible (aside from the ww2 centered episodes) to tell what era these are from because the comedy is clever and defining of its genre. These will always be funny.
>>
File: Dan5.jpg (30 KB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
Dan5.jpg
30 KB, 480x360
Yes
>>
>>83281989
>>83282008
It's not timeless.
Lampooning old actors nobody even today remembers, and the vernacular like 'you should be in the pictures' is heavily outdated.
>>
>>83281630

Dover boys aged so well that it became constantly quoted on the internet. I don't see what would change in 40 years.
>>
>>83281968
I remember reading Mexicans loved Speedy Gonzales. Is that still true?
>>
>>83281968

>Shame no one can see them anymore because of SJWs

what
pretty sure most of the shorts worth watching have been put on dvd by now
>>
File: fathersmoney.jpg.jpg (5 KB, 260x184) Image search: [Google]
fathersmoney.jpg.jpg
5 KB, 260x184
>>83282151
>>
Some cartoons, like Animaniacs, became slightly outdated because of pop culture references and certain uses of vernacular. However, others are timeless because they usually keep the humor simple and reliant on slapstick.
>>
>>83282136
Not that Anon, and yeah not all of the humor is timeless.

A good portion of it is though.
>>
>>83282136

The best parodies are written so it's still funny even if you don't know the reference. Something like Spaceballs can still be funny even if you don't know what the fuck Star Wars even is.
>>
>>83282136
>nobody remembers Mel Blanc
>slapstick is not timeless
Millennials everybody.
>>
File: 1460481801938.png (99 KB, 297x297) Image search: [Google]
1460481801938.png
99 KB, 297x297
Yes to all three.
>>
File: 1307821555001.png (328 KB, 547x793) Image search: [Google]
1307821555001.png
328 KB, 547x793
>>83281630
>>
Who was the greatest golden age director and why was it Bob Clampett?
>>
>>83281630
All that stuff from that age is still amazing. It will be timeless at least till the way we live changes drasticly so that most of it cannot be understood anymore. So the next 100 Years are safe.
>>
>>83281630
It's pretty classic, timeless humor.

The Dover Boys is a good example: frat bros are always seen as dumb and douchey. The same things that were funny still are, etc.
>>
>>83282136
>you should be in the pictures
Outdated in that nobody says it anymore, but you should absolutely know what he meant.
>>
That's like saying the Marx brothers films aren't funny anymore. Madness.
>>
>unironically enjoy old cartoons
Why would you ironically enjoy old cartoons? Why are you even on a comics and cartoons board if you don't have some appreciation for the history of animation? Fuck outta here.
>>
>>83281630
I went back and watched that at 22 years old and was cackling. Bugs fuckin climbs the stairs or whatever so high just to drop bride Elmer

I just really like slapstick. Add that with the comedic timing and it's noice
>>
>>83282136
Good god you're in literally every Looney Tunes thread. Go fuck yourself.
Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.