[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Write thread
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 46
Thread images: 11
File: write.png (514 KB, 630x630) Image search: [Google]
write.png
514 KB, 630x630
Let's go again with the questions
>Is your work a cartoon or a comic?
>Can you sum up your work in a few lines?
>Can you provide a link to your work?
>When do you expect having finished your work?
>What are the main flaws in your work, according to you?
>Do you spend more time writing plotlines or worldbuilding?
>Which is your favorite work in this thread (EXCEPT YOUR OWN)?
>What do you think of the work posted just above your own? Would you read/watch it if it was in the market? What would you change in that work if you could?
>>
File: Zaahir2.png (290 KB, 1540x1242) Image search: [Google]
Zaahir2.png
290 KB, 1540x1242
>>83274813
Welp, I posted here last week so why not again?
Comic, if some godly luck happens. I am pretty bad with art (male MC to the left. It's fun, so I doodle often). Realistically though, just a book series.
Fantasy/Adventure coming of age story. Ape monsters have evolved super quickly and have total control over the world. Two other monster kids find a way to possibly stop the oppressive rule of these technologically advanced monkeys. They travel the world to do so, meeting people from the other broken civilizations.
Chapter 1 right here baby: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1luPtcABklmTZ0PXow7fT0MoKoXiHi2ToevWCZ6u8x00/edit?usp=sharing
Maybe 2020? It's definitely on the back burner for now, but I wanted to lay the ground work cause I thinks it's something special.
Maybe too much talking and feeling unable to fully describe certain actions as well as I should. Also some awkward over-explaining
Worldbuilding is secondary because I developed the entire world long before starting to write the story. The characters are the main focus in this case.
At this time, it's only me. I'll tell you when others show up.
>What do you think of the work posted just above your own? Would you read/watch it if it was in the market? What would you change in that work if you could?
Also refer to my previous answer.
>>
File: Adelia Yosef.png (221 KB, 992x769) Image search: [Google]
Adelia Yosef.png
221 KB, 992x769
>>83276603
Female MC too, just for reference.
>>
>>83276603
Rebecca is that you?
>>
File: Traffic Safety.jpg (30 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
Traffic Safety.jpg
30 KB, 640x480
>>83276748
I'm just an anon with a passion, my friend.
>>
>>83276920
First part:
>http://vocaroo.com/i/s0Pd9gLdvdl4
>>
Working on getting a job at DC with help from family with senority. Putting together a package with an original question treatment and a colored lantern Corp treatment
>>
>>83277371
Part two:
>http://vocaroo.com/i/s0McNuXdrqMK
>>
>>83277471
Part three:
>http://vocaroo.com/i/s0YMjn7lym98
>>
>>83277572
Part four:
>http://vocaroo.com/i/s0eht1Er2TdE
>>
>>83277657
Last part:
>http://vocaroo.com/i/s0m26YQJaU0k
>>
File: A4H.jpg (84 KB, 444x651) Image search: [Google]
A4H.jpg
84 KB, 444x651
>>83274813
A comic. Thinking of having it utilize a 9-panel grid, instead of the old 4panel-strip one.
Two assholes have slapsticky, sexual-joke-charged adventures. Think The Young Ones with Bottom aesthetics.
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1SMdNZZyqJ3462ZJSJG3s95y2AhhzJSohpidvf5-iYjo/edit?usp=sharing
God only knows. This thing's been an off-and-on project for me for the better part of two years now.
Side-characters need more fleshing out.
Plot, characters, and jokes, because the setting is an exaggerated version of the real world, so there's no real need for worldbuilding.
I got nothing.
Sounds solid in general and reminds of classic BioWare where one travels and meets various fantastical peoples, but I'm not a fan of the kid-protagonist angle. I'd make them protags teens or something so they can still take part in the bildungsroman adventure.
>>83276603
One bit of prose-advice: never put dialogue attribution after a long string of dialogue. A good general rule is that "X said" should be put after a comma in the first sentence, or at the end of the first sentence.
>>
File: The_way_back_home_episodes.jpg (2 MB, 1243x7087) Image search: [Google]
The_way_back_home_episodes.jpg
2 MB, 1243x7087
>>83274813
A sci-fi adventure cartoon called "The way back home" (original title "On rentre")
Two average children, a brother and a sister, are abducted by aliens and taken to another planet. They must spend the whole series travelling accross Space, trying to find the way back to Earth.

No maps, no translators, no knowledge, no powers: Adventure, in the real sense of the word.
http://pastebin.com/p3vp7Hcv
This very summer if everything goes fine. My goal is to try getting author rights in the monthes to come.
Not a single line of written dialogs in the script. Wasted two monthes doing worlbuilding instead of finishing screenwritting. Draw skills too low for the moment.
Plotlines. this would be an overarching show rather than episodic.
This one>>83276603
Fantasy is usually not my thing but I like adventure and exploration stories. Also this author seems to know a bit about Mesopotamian cultures and I used to be a huge archeology fan.
Would read for fun. Can't think of any serious critique now because I don't know what comic scripts are supposed to be like.

PS: /co/, could you tell me which episode in that list would be better suited for a pilot, according to you?
This is important, I must start working on the pilot episode as soon as possible.
>>
>>83274813
>Write thread
more like "drop your shit and leave thread"
last thread no one replied to any other post

also lets be honest, everyone is writing this only for them, its not like any of us will publish it or something

if anything you get it on pastebin or FF.net
>>
File: Every_writefag_thread_ever.png (37 KB, 673x626) Image search: [Google]
Every_writefag_thread_ever.png
37 KB, 673x626
>>83279013
this
>>
>>83278814
>My goal is to try getting author rights in the monthes to come.
I'm not sure how French law works, but you should have copyright automatically, the moment you put finger to keyboard.

>>83279013
>everyone is writing this only for them, its not like any of us will publish it or something
Shhh. Let us dream.
>>
lets actually write something

A _____ falls in love with a _____.

Unable to _____, _____ is gifted with by a _____ machina with the _____'s phone number. Never minding the strange _____, _____ immediately calls _____, and is overjoyed to find out that _____ has a _____ on _____ as well.

But, the next day, when _____ recounts the previous day's _____ to the _____, _____ only looks at him with a _____. After some investigation, _____ finds out that the _____ _____ called is not the same _____ he fell in love with. In fact, _____ doesn't exist in this _____ at all. _____ is the _____'s alternate _____ counterpart, who has fallen in love with the _____'s own _____, who too is blissfully unaware of _____ crush.

Hijinks ensue as _____ strike up a deal to give each other their darkest, most private _____ in order to equip the other with the _____ they need to conquer the heart of their _____. While _____ chase their respective _____, _____ ensues as they begin to fall in love with each other instead and question the _____ of _____.
>>
but for some shitty ideas with keit ai
>>
>>83281254
A girl girls in girl with a girl.

Girl to girl, she is girled with by a girl ex-girl with the girl's girl girl. Girl girling the girl girl, girl girly girls girl, and is girled to girl out that girl girls a girl on girl as well.

But, the next girl, when she girls the girl girl's girl to the girl, girl only girls at her with a girl. After some girl, she girls out that the girl girl girled is not the girl girl he girled in girl with. In fact, girl girlsn't girls in this girl at all. She is the girl's girl gril girl, who has girled in girl with the girl's own girl, who too is girly girled of her girl.

Girls girl as girls girl up a girl to girl each other their girliest, most girl girl in order to girl the girl with the girl they girl to girl the girl of their girl. While girls girl their respective girl, girl girls as they girl to girl in girl with each other instead and girl the GIRL of GIRL.
>>
>>83278814
Why would you not just start with the first?
>>
>>83274813
>>Is your work a cartoon or a comic?
A comic
>>Can you sum up your work in a few lines?
Black magical girl cheerleaders band together to fight other magical girl cheerleaders and save the world. If you need more than that, I don't know what to say, as I've always been bad about 'selling' my own work.
>>Can you provide a link to your work?
Nope
>>When do you expect having finished your work?
I have no fucking clue. I haven't even started the first issue, just drafted up the concept and the characters. Actually I need to work on that some more since I keep on changing the concept
>>What are the main flaws in your work, according to you?
That it's not even written yet.
>>Do you spend more time writing plotlines or worldbuilding?
Worldbuilding
>>Which is your favorite work in this thread (EXCEPT YOUR OWN)?
I don't know.
>>What do you think of the work posted just above your own? Would you read/watch it if it was in the market? What would you change in that work if you could?
Shit, man, Idk.
>>
File: Test_couleur3_3.jpg (307 KB, 849x1168) Image search: [Google]
Test_couleur3_3.jpg
307 KB, 849x1168
>>83285718
Because the pilot episode of a cartoon is the episode shown to producers in order for them to decide if they accept to launch the series.

It should embody, in a few minutes, the main tone of the show. So that viewers can easily understand what kind of series they will be dealing with.

The problem with episode one is that half of it is set on Earth and not much happens until aliens arrival. It cannot be used to represent the series since most of it is a space adventure.
Add to this that two of the main characters do not appear for the lenght of episode one.
>>
>>83277371
I am fucking speechless. Truly this is wonderful.
>>83278814
And yes, Mul is entirely based on ancient Mesopotamia. The other locations are likewise based on ancient civilizations (Qin Dynasty, Olmec, Indus River).
Also, frenchfag, the pilot doesn't have to fit into the continuity of the series. Especially if it'll be so reliant on serialized plot. It can be a separate demonstration of all the plot elements and characters and whatnot. Over the Garden Wall did that with its pilot. Even Avatar did it
>>
File: Cage_couv3.jpg (3 MB, 2480x3507) Image search: [Google]
Cage_couv3.jpg
3 MB, 2480x3507
>>83286645
I'd like to use one of my episodes as pilot simply because it is easier (since the plot is already written). The problem is only that I don't know which one would work better.
>>
>>83281254
>>>/a/
>>
Comic
Supernatural series following Indavidual characters leading to a summit
http://pastebin.com/mvsgPMrf issue 1
http://pastebin.com/YFBy2hTb issue 2
I don't know to be honest, I'm going to work more on issue 3 tonight.
It's very crude right now, needs some sprucing up, I know my descriptive writing panel by panel could use some touch up work as well as the various lines between characters. All in all after its done I'll have to go back and rewrite the whole thing again
Plotlines, the world is already built for me, I'm just using a few pieces of it and it's history.
>>83277471
>>83277572
>>83277657
>>83277759
Right here
>>What do you think of the work posted just above your own? Would you read/watch it if it was in the market? What would you change in that work if you could?
I probably would, but I'd have to be exposed to more before I can say something needs ro be changed.
>>
>>83289726
This is a record of the first work you know ?
>>
>>83291257
Yeah I know, but I don't feel that I could give proper constructive criticism beyond keep up the good work. What I've seen and herd from these threads I usually really like, this is no exception.
>>
Comic
It's a fantasy adventure based on all the old times I used to play with action figures, using legally distinct stand-ins. There's no real explanations(until maybe a weird mindtwist ending) as to why there are so many disparate characters living in this quasi-medieval fantasy world, including shape-changing robots, Boston sports-hooligan shark men, and tiny yellow builders, and intergalactic warriors.
No... It's all in actual notebooks at the moment.
Probably never because I keep getting distracted by the real world.
That it's borderline fanfiction. Also, trying to fill the world with more characters is proving difficult, so there may just end up being generic people in there, too.
Worldbuilding
This one. >>83278814
I wouldn't. Mainly because the whole concept and main characters don't appeal to me.
>>
>>83292028
See, I would go for the obvious Lego Movie comparison for the supposed ending, but it could also be something completely different. Other than that, sounds like a ton of fun. Post something of it whenever you get a chance in a later thread.
>>83289726
Although I don't know anything about scripting a coming, this seems well thought out as of now. Though the page count for both issues is quite big for being single issues.
>>83288239
In that case, probably episode 5? It could be done in medias res and it seems to adequately demonstrate the main characters, the plot, and some antagonists.

Now for some more fun. I have the second chapter of >>83276603
http://pastebin.com/ZahbvYRa
You can tell it's quite a tonal shift (just to get the plot rolling. It's still largely adventure) and that's why I feel the need hold off on this story until later. I wanna do something like this justice. I wanna give a true loving tribute to ATLA and Terranigma and whatever else.
>>
>>83274813
A comic.

Carrying on from yesterday, a biography on Andy Warhol in graphic novel form, planning on 20 chapters, each in a different art style. About Warhol's rise and popularity in the underground New York art scene. Title: Peel Slowly and See.

Can't, sorry.

Don't know, pal. Writing is rewriting, could take a while.

I'm trying to get more into Warhol's internal struggle, how he was gay, how his friends and peers thought of him and how that affected him. He wasn't necessarily a smart man, some thought, Gore Vidal said it best as he was the only genius with an IQ of 60. I really wanted to play up that aspect.

I'm trying to maintain a well structured plotline which will do justice to Warhol's legacy but also shine a light on the bizarre nature of the man himself.

The one with the cheerleaders.

I'd give it a read. Kind of reminds of Joe the Barbarian for some reason.
>>
>>83293529
>Kind of reminds of Joe the Barbarian for some reason
Thank you! I've been trying to remember what that book was called since I started on the idea. I knew it would seem similar. This one doesn't have any diabetes kid, though.
>>
>>83293231
The page count (P1, p2, p34) are actually panel numbers, I figured on average a comic from the big two has about 80-100 panels, on the low side if they use a lot of Splash Pages Luke Bendis likes to shove in his books. I fucking hate reading splash pages digitally.
>>
comic

yes, two(2) eternal lover destiny to reincarnate and fall in love finally had enough of it and want revenge on the gods for all the suffering they cause to them every life

no, i dont have it yet

in 2 years if i get a artist

cliche plot and asshole characters

plot, but on other stories i worldbuild to starwars levels of detail

the keit ai one
the cheerleaders one is close second

>What do you think of the work posted just above your own? Would you read/watch it if it was in the market? yes i could
>What would you change in that work if you could?
eh, dont know, sounds good the way it is
>>
bump for opinions and more unfinished projects that will most likely never see the light
>>
>>83277465
really hope you (or anybody) get to make a question book.
>>
I'm thinking of making it a long-form comic, but with an ending.
Set in a medieval fantasy world where it's been very much bad-end. For a long time there were people born with fantastical abilities, said to have been blessed by the Great Wyrms themselves before birth: the drake-blooded. They're basically X-Men style mutants in a medieval fantasy setting. None have been born for several centuries though, and it's unsure if that's why the world is in such a state of shit, or if the shitty state of the world is why they haven't been "blessed" with any more of them. Until recently. Rumors have begun to spread of a few who seem different throughout the world.
Nah. I just came up with the idea today.
Fully written scripts for at least a few issues? within the next couple months, I think.
I'm afraid it seems too much like a big case of Chosen One/Mary Sue shit. I swear it's not, though. Also, it may be way too dreary/grimdark.
Typically worldbuilding, but with this I'm letting plotlines come first, and even using the plot to worlbuild, instead of the other way around.
The toy one seems like it could be fun.
Seems like it might be 2edgy4me
>>
>>83300298
>Seems like it might be 2edgy4me
how and why anon?
all criticism appreciated

also, yours sounds neat and i could totally read it and possibly even shitpost about it here on /co/
>>
>>83300718
The "We're gonna get revenge on the gods for tormenting us!" plot just makes me think it could turn into a series of random acts of "funny" violence against the divine. And that seems like a bad combination with the asshole characters, as you put it. Almost makes me think of that I Hate Fairyland comic. But, I could be wrong.
>>
>>83301026
makes sense, maybe i wasnt too detailed on some descriptions

first, its not like they will be going around blowing up churches/shires or killing random people. its a straigt up magical battle against those favored by the gods and their embodiments on earth
and the asshole characters part was mostly because, you arent suppose to sympathize with them since at the beginning they feel and look like a ungrateful couple. until you find out all the bad things that happen

im still working on it, so thanks anon will try to check that
>>
>>83300298
>Set in a medieval fantasy world where it's been very much bad-end. For a long time there were people born with fantastical abilities, said to have been blessed by the Great Wyrms themselves before birth: the drake-blooded. They're basically X-Men style mutants in a medieval fantasy setting. None have been born for several centuries though, and it's unsure if that's why the world is in such a state of shit, or if the shitty state of the world is why they haven't been "blessed" with any more of them. Until recently. Rumors have begun to spread of a few who seem different throughout the world.
Fuck, this actually sounds pretty dang good.

I'm jelly.
>>
try to keep the thread alive anons
good night and may some ideas come to you on your dreams
>>
>>83278814
Funny, this one is similar to my idea.
I think I'd make it a cartoon
Two royal siblings, a brother and sister, had to flee their kingdom after rebels took over and killed their father. A few years had passed and they must get back to their former kingdom after they learn the leader of the rebels plans to use the kingdom to conquer other lands
Nope.avi
I don't know. I haven't started it yet
Probably the amount of filler or the insane amounts of generic mooks the main villain sends out
Plot lines.
This >>83278814
There's nothing above me.
>>
File: Test_couleur1_7.jpg (2 MB, 4959x3506) Image search: [Google]
Test_couleur1_7.jpg
2 MB, 4959x3506
>>83293231
Thanks for the advice
>>
>>83274813
Bought a little notebook that I fill with raw ideas for characters, story arcs, set pieces, and dia/monologues that I still need to build towards because I don't trust my brain to retain all of them on its lonesome.

Better some vestige of them survive into the future so I don't forget what all the connective tissue I'm crafting is actually linking.
>>
>Writing your self down to a corner
1.- asspull deus ex machina
2.- actually let something bad happen on the story
Thread replies: 46
Thread images: 11

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.