[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
They were gay?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 36
Thread images: 4
File: lionking3d_hakunamatata_hd.jpg (91 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
lionking3d_hakunamatata_hd.jpg
91 KB, 1280x720
They were gay?
>>
The people who called them gay we're the same people who called marcie and peppermint patty gay, in other words retards.
>>
>>83258708
No.
>>
>>83258708
No. Stop trying to ship all the classic buddies in cartoons.
>>
There's heterosexual life partners like Timon and Pumbaa...

Then there's these two.

I ship it. Their chemistry just works
>>
>>83258708
They can't be gays to each others because they are different species.
>>
>>83259707
Is that a furry argument?
>>
When two people of the same gender are close, then they're gay.
When two people of different genders are close, then it's sexist to even think they might be interested in each other.

>2000+16
>not knowing this
>>
File: 15im.jpg (30 KB, 704x528) Image search: [Google]
15im.jpg
30 KB, 704x528
>>83258708
>>
File: tumblr_nsy937n0fx1r2g7mto1_500.png (78 KB, 500x529) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_nsy937n0fx1r2g7mto1_500.png
78 KB, 500x529
They were just friends, calm down faggets
>>
I remember Nathan Lane saying once that he played Timon as gay, but that was years ago so I can't provide a source, and besides that means nothing about what Disney's actual intentions were anyway.

That's not to say Lion King stuff made after the original movie didn't possibly imply they were gay, but in the context of their first appearance they just seem like bros.
>>
>>83261678
Yeah, you watch Lion King to see a pair of bros hanging out with a kid.
You watch Lion King 1/2 to see a pair of lovers raise an adopted son.
>>
They were just good friends
>>
>>83260004
I'm against Ray and fat guy being gay since the thought of them fucking makes we want to vomit

>>83261678
>>83262088
They're outcasts generally. Whether that means they're gay or not is another question. Gay people are certainly outcast so in that sense they are in the same category as gay people. There whole song is is about not worrying what people think of you. Its only in the sequels they are played as same sex parents to Simba.
>>
>>83258708
Scar was pretty gay in the movie though straight in the stage play. Timon and Pumba never seemed obviously gay until I thought about it. Strangely the sequels reverse this, Timon and Pumba are gay and scar was straight
>>
>>83258708
I"m curious. How do you include gay characters in fiction that aren't just pandering to demographics?
>>
>>83262478
You keep asking this question and you keep getting it answered.
>>
>>83258708
No, they were asexual bachelors. Straight people just project them as gay because they have nothing better to do.
>>
>>83262311
You know who else is an outcast? Black people, Blacks people in general are so fucking gay for being on the same category as gay people.
>>
>>83262478

Ruby and Saphire from Steven Universe is pandering since the characters barely had personality beyond being in love with each other.

Characters like the gay couple from Mission Hill are good because you can think a lot of things about them and their personality beyond the gay couple thing
>>
they were based on ren and stimpy, so yeah
>>
>>83259784
Disney doesn't do interspecies.
>>
>>83258708
Yes, next question.
>>
>>83258708
No. They're just two guys who consider themselves to be so worthless that they're on a self-imposed exile. That's some next level low self-esteem, so of course they don't have girlfriends.
>>
>>83259319
does the green one have a gender?
>>
>>83263241
What about Starvs?
>>
>>83263112
>Ruby and Saphire from Steven Universe is pandering since the characters barely had personality beyond being in love with each other.
to be fair, I don't think Ruby and Sapphire are actually meant to be stand-alone characters. They are much rather two aspects of one character's personality, that of Garnet, and thereby provide a unique viewpoint into what makes her tick.
>>
>>83258708
Probably. Anyway, who cares.
>>
>>83263854
>guys who consider themselves to be so worthless that they're on a self-imposed exile

Me too. Feels bad man.
>>
pls don't ruin any more TLK

the deviants in deviantart have already ruined it so much for me
>>
>>83258708
yes
>>
>>83259319
Weren't these guys actually confirmed gay by some writer that worked on the movie?
>>
>>83258708

Well, they did raise a son together.
>>
They certainly weren't straight.
>>
>>83275352
>triggered by gay people existing
wew lad
>>
>>83266633
male crossdresser
Thread replies: 36
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.