[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
The Boys
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 4
File: image.jpg (90 KB, 576x864) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
90 KB, 576x864
Deapite being a typical Ennis edgefest, what do you think of The Boys, /co/?

I just finished it and liked it a great deal. It had some great moments and wrapped up fairly nicely. It's no Punisher MAX or Hitman, but I can't help but love the kinds of charming monsters Ennis writres.
>>
I think it's very good.
It's a bit overextended I and sometimes these extensions are filled with typical Ennis shittery which doesn't bring anything new or relevant to the table.
But it's a good spin on a typical Ennis story, I feel he needed to write a book like this and it worked for me. Also Russ Braun was fucking awesome on the book.
>>
File: image.jpg (69 KB, 450x364) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
69 KB, 450x364
I'm a million miles away, watching it happen.
>>
>>83252548
It does tend to really get drawn out in certain parts, I agree on that. I feel like Hitman does most of what it did better, but it's still a good time.
>>
I mostly enjoyed it, but I thought the epilogue was too cliche, and Hughie's sudden confidence was off putting.
>>
SCOTLAND MENTIONED
>>
still haven't finished it but I like it so far
>>
I like it. It was so far in the other direction to main stream cape shit. I wish there was a little more resolution with Hughie as it feels he ends up where he started essentially. Also I whis there was more resolution with Starlight but I'm a sucker for couples.

Are there any other comics "like" The Boys? Doesn't need to be as violent or graphic. Maybe like Invincible.
>>
>>83254975
Read Hitman, also by Ennis. Can't recommend it enough, one of the gems of 90s DC.
>>
On Wikipedia or something, it said that the final issue implied that the Frenchman and the Female were still alive. Is this true?
>>
File: prequel.png (26 KB, 600x450) Image search: [Google]
prequel.png
26 KB, 600x450
>>83258086
oh, you poor deluded soul
>>
File: [Loud Sweating].png (87 KB, 406x314) Image search: [Google]
[Loud Sweating].png
87 KB, 406x314
>>83258086
I'm sorry Anon
But they ded
>>
>>83258647
>>83258731
Why was The Frenchman the best, anons?
>>
>>83259246
the bestest origin tbqh
>>
>>83252441
>what do you think of The Boys, /co/?

Not as bad as Crossed, but one of Ennis's weaker works. He's basically emulating Mark Millar here, and he shouldn't, because Millar is a much lower lifeform than him and it's not fit for a hominid to pretend to be an invertebrate.
>>
>>83259710
Why is baguette jousting not the French national sport?
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.