[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
/co/ love storytime: Legends of the Dark Knight v1 part 2
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 198
Thread images: 166
Series: Legends of the Dark Knight v1
>from Wiki
>Batman: Legends of the Dark Knight, commonly referred to as simply Legends of the Dark Knight is a DC comic book featuring Batman. It was launched in 1989 with the popularity of the Batman movie, following on from Frank Miller's Batman: Year One. It differs from other Batman titles in that it has constantly rotating creative teams, and the stories are not necessarily part of the current events of the other Batman comics. Initially the title was promoted as running only stand alone self-contained five issue stories of graphic novel quality. However, after issue 20, stories of different lengths started to appear. While some stories have tied in with the other titles, generally this has not been the case

Arc: Shaman(#1-#5) by Denny O'Neil and Edward Hannigan

I had done Prey, which is one of my favorite Batman stories, a while ago, so I thought lets do the whole comic.

Part 1 >>83230254

Second arc: Gothic(#6-#10) by Grant Morrison and Klaus Janson(yes)
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
I am doing the c2c scan because the flattened colors in the digital releases are balls. Also so I can throw in an ad occasionally. like this
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>83247959
Thanks for the posting, I've been meaning to check this out for quite a while

/co/mrades like yourself are what make this board a special kind of shithole. Thanks again for the storytime
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>83248161
I posted Denny O'Neil's Question run a while ago and honestly the ads were some of my favorite bits.
Late 80s/Early 90s was peak DC imo
>>
>>
>>83248550
I am not posting all ads, only the interesting ones. I mean like this one. WTF is this and has anybody read it? I would try this definitely
>>
>>
>>
The references to the Romantics are just off the chain.

I also think this comic was done Marvel-style. Just completely unlike anything Morrison has done before or after.
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>83248595
Oh man oh man, that same exact ad popped up in one of my threads and I had basically the same reaction.

Some based anon provided me with a DL link, I haven't checked it out yet but I'd love to storytime it on some rainy day
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
How many times has Hal destroyed the GLC?
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>83247959
>whole comic

Not bad as the X men storytimer but good luck with that OP
>>
End of issue, but throwing in this ad for Robot Wing Hawkman
>>
>>83248881
Intentionally? Just once

Historically he isn't known for his level-headed decision making skills, which makes it kinda hilarious that he was promoted to "Corps Leader" at the very start of Venditti's mediocre run
>>
I'm heading out, and if the Nazi Cap shitposting does not autosage this thread I'll continue this later in the day.

>>83249129
I'll be skipping crossovers.
>>
>>83249224
>I'll be skipping crossovers.
Good, good
>>
>>83251880
>>
Really hope the plebs that like Earthc One are reading this, this series was great
>>
>>83253665
Earth One is great tho, you aren't one of those Batgod spergs that gets easily triggered by Elseworlds, are you?
>>
Bump

Always hate to see a storytime thread archived because of the endless cartoon threads and generals
>>
>>83254962
>>
>>83256943
>>
Issue #8
>>
dick tracy ad
>>
French romantic code now
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>83258811
yay
>>
Another ad. The teething days of the direct market, when DC could publish something like this with a Genre name like Max Allan Collins headlining.
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
ad for a demon series. Why can't we have a Demon series anymore?
>>
>>
>>83259442
Demon Knights didn't do too well unfortunately.
>>
Only one Letters Page but also this ad for a Horror Anthology movie because that was once a thing as well.
>>
>>83259474
I know was lamenting the sad truth.
>>
>>83259608
Issue #9 btw

Another Dick Tracy. Beaty was talking up a sequel just last week. Guy must really love this
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
Robocop 2 ad. What a piece of shit this movie was. People who shit on the remake probably never saw this dung heap

Also started the comic creator cameo trend, technically.
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
This ad appears twice
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
end #9
>>
Letters page reminding is that "Batman iz berter alon hurr durr" is not a modern meme
>>
>>83259756
i love how much batman smiles and grins throughout these
>>
I have great things about this mini. I have also heard awful things.

Does any anon know which is it?
>>
>>83247959
BASED BASED BASED
great series
>>
>>83260388
He's beginning to feel like Bat God, Bat God
All his robins in the back slap box slap box
>>
I thought FemDove was a noughties thing.

Also, looking at HAk reminds me that the 90's have begun
>>
>>83260412
I thought it was pretty good. Morrison even built up on it with his run. I think people don't like it because Riddler's being edgier than usual on account of being influenced by a demon.
>>
Ish 10
>>
There was SWAMP THING TV SHOW! None y'all fags ever told me!
>>
>>
>>
>>
This sort of measured down-to-basics storytelling is the exact opposite of what Janson was good at. Most confusing sequence and pages in the whole mini.
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
End of Gothic

But these are only stories.
>>
Will DC or Marvel will ever do something like this again?
>>
>>83261139
thanks op
>>
Starting Prey(#11 - 15) by Doug Moench, Paul Gulacy and Terry Austin

All of the Fuckers at their peak. The best thing to come of the Grim n' Gritty 90s
>>
>>
Just looking at these thumbnails makes me hard.

This is widescreen comics 10 years before that shit was cool
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>83261334
yay
>>
>>
>>
Ad
I wonder what would have happened if DC had never spun off Vertigo for Karen Berger. I'd like to the comic Market would be slightly stronger.
>>
>>
I know there are other great Hugo Strange stories, but I don't think there has ever been a better one since.
>>
>>
DC also used to have a license to D&D it seems
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>83261685
Strange is really underused
I don't even remmeber him showing up in new52
>>
Thanks for the storytime OP , I totally forgot this series existed and didn't even know it was rotating creative teams doing at least for a good chunk of the run, stand alone stories.

Just cruised the list on wiki and downloaded 40 issues or so that sounded cool. Whats going to suck is when i like some of it and want to find it in a collected version I suspect.
>>
>>83262591
He was Roy's psychiatrist in Red Hood, up to sinister things in a dropped plot.
>>
>>83261352
god damn not being able to read cursive
>>
>>83248595
>Pepe Moreno
Holy shit. This guy's like a BIG meme in my country lol
>>
>>83263766
Also he's in Gotham Academy
>>
>>83248595
bad story, art is weird and ugly but definitely worth looking through just for the novelty
>>
>>83263839
Elaborate please
>>
I don't think Klaus get's enough praise for his pencils as he does as an inker for people like Miller and JRJR. I really like Gothic along with he early Punisher comics he did
>>
>>83258831
I didn't knew dick tracy when i first saw this so i always thought it was a pizza ad
>>
>>83270062
Thread replies: 198
Thread images: 166

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.