[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>Have good idea for comic/cartoon >Don't want to share
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2
File: NvXjZ.gif (369 KB, 460x334) Image search: [Google]
NvXjZ.gif
369 KB, 460x334
>Have good idea for comic/cartoon
>Don't want to share it with anyone out of fear they might steal it

Does anyone else know this feel?
>>
if it's so simple someone can just rip it off from the premise alone, it's probably not such a good idea.
>>
>>83247424
I have an idea and some characters that seem endearing in my head, but objectively I know it's probably one of the most cliche ideas done and would draw many comparisons from many different things.

The only thing I'm worried about is making in pretty enough to give it a bit of its own identity to viewers like my head has given it to me.
>>
>>83247424
I'm up to about 3-4 video game ideas that are like this. Tend to be about the actual mechanics too since I know I'm kind of a shit storyteller.

I think I'd be less stressed about it if I was seeing meaningful steps toward the goal of realizing any of those ideas. So in your case I'd suggest a journal containing all your ideas /drawings.

>>83248761
>ojectively I know it's probably one of the most cliche ideas

Cliches often become that way because they work. Sometimes its better to not be too stuck up and accept the cliches sometimes. The issue is that some creators get very lazy and only make cliche work like they are checking things off a list. At which point the lack of project passion comes through.
>>
>>83247424
Now that Zootopia is out, I can let some of mine go, OP. Seeing as how it would be seen as a cheap knock-off.

First idea was a story that could have totally happened in the movie world. Everything had preds/prey relationship in direct allegory to racism. Though the balance of power was reversed. A love story, featuring a grey squirrel boy, and an ocelot girl. Both still in High School, boy sees girl, nuts up the courage to ask her out, she's impressed and goes on a date, and then it's their friends and families' reactions, public perception, and tragedy surrounding their choices. I liked it, got pretty far into the writing of it, DESPERATELY wanted to git gudder at drawing so I could make a comic out of it. I didn't though, and let it sit for 10 years now.
>>
>>83249364

Second idea was a cape story, but also pretty much was another "furry" story. In that all the powered characters were anthro, human mutates.

In a world,

Well, the world was earth, and everyone who'd ever been kidnapped, abducted, experimented on, or tainted by aliens were (numerously) simultaneously activated by one of the prisoners, everyone's implants explode (the scifi explanation was that they were studying earth life, and the implants were designed to mimic the biology/dna of the terran life-forms, all had storage for multiple creatures, as the aliens weren't manufacturing new ones, just moving them from abductee to abductee. the eventual use of them was to better teraform new planets by absorbing local life needs.) anyways they all pop and end up altering all the abductees on the planet. Some are just basically morlochs turning into anthro-furry things. Some gain incredible abilities due to the alien nature of the implants (and sometimes alien/earthly biological compatibilities) basically making a marvel style "Mutants" world. There'd be humans all hyped to go hunting season on them, and life-rights people trying to defend them, agencies trying to utilize them into super-functions (whether for semi-casual shit, like bomb-sniffing, or night-vision shit) or weaponize them because, like I said - alien super-abilities.

The main group was; a crazy/MPS Goat-man who'd been on the ship that activated the implants (he did it.), a Ferret-guy who was a thief before-hand but is now super-stretchy, a Chicana Bat-girl who was basically Marvel's Havoc - power-wise, and an ESP active Fox-girl who had been taken into government custody back when she was young and her implant had activated early. They are being chased by aliens, a few governments, militant humanists, and evil mutates as well. Base of operations is established in the first story I wrote, and drew out, when the Ferret-guy breaks the Fox-girl out of a government facility and splits in an RV.
>>
>>83247424
Since I let 2 out already, I feel like I'm on a roll. A shit roll, but a roll all the same. This one was a snippet, and a splash page that I can no longer find, but I always was tickled by it.

"It's dark, wu-why is it dark?"
>In the beginning, it is always dark.
"What happened, where are we?"
>We're in the world between worlds. I need you to do something for me, for us. We don't have much time though, my love.
"What do you mean? What's going on?"
>Look for my messenger, a crow. It will guide you.

then a full page, which I couldn't decide which would be better, seeing as how it belonged to both worlds. "[the Crow ; error]" or "The Matrix: Resurrected" . Which was a story of a program that falls in love with a human, which gets the system to try and separate them, causing them to be killed, she bonds with his presence giving him immortality, and a weird green glow wherever he is scarred. His "Real world" body could be dead, and is not important within the story, because... I...don't know.
>>
File: 1379939771698.jpg (199 KB, 790x831) Image search: [Google]
1379939771698.jpg
199 KB, 790x831
>>83247424
>tfw want to write cape story but only have idea for the MC and some supporting cast, no villains
>>
>>83250011
with this one, I cannot stress how much I wanted to get it off the ground. came SO close to trying to get others on to the project, even considered commissioning furry artists to draw the team, sans-goat (he was more like the Xavier of the group anyhow, and mostly the source of comic-relief and having multiple personalities was my way of feeding information to the characters in a way that wasn't totally inconceivable so he was more mental than action-style) I have a few pages hastily sketched into a notebook, and the rest is just sitting in my head. I had the same feel about it as OP, felt it was too good not to make it, but too easy to steal so I couldn't ask for help.
>>
>>83250457
Think about the main character, what their traits are, what they stand for, and think about the exact opposite of that. That's how you develop a villain for that hero.
>>
>>83247424
If you're afraid someone will steal an idea then you aren't a writer. You just have a single idea and ideas don't amount to shit. Like most people with an idea for a story you will sit on it and never develop it. And when you sit on an idea it's not long before someone else has the same idea and actually move forward into make it a reality.
You want to escape that fear of someone taking and idea? Create a new idea or more, write more, learn to flesh them out into something tangible or concrete. Stop sitting around day dreaming about your ideas and make them a reality. That way you won't be kicking yourself for holding on to something that someone else will inevitably do as well.
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.