[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Original Teen Titans. Okay so this is half shitposting, half
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 42
Thread images: 5
File: download (7).jpg (13 KB, 269x187) Image search: [Google]
download (7).jpg
13 KB, 269x187
Original Teen Titans.

Okay so this is half shitposting, half actually serious, I'll just come right out and say that, but why does everyone love the original teen titans show? It's a bunch of unwatchable cringey weeaboo garbage. I remember liking it when I was in middle school but when I tried to rewatch it recently it was pretty much terrible. It's a show that is quite plainly ashamed of its comic book roots and pretty much rewrites every single one of its characters.

When I heard that the staff behind Teen Titans Go! Had barely ever seen a single episode of the original show I saw that as a damn good sign. Sure pretty much every other episode of Teen Titans Go! Is somewhere between bad and embarrassingly bad but it's still miles ahead of the original show and actually seems to embrace it's comic book roots.

Type in old Teen Titans Sucks into youtube and you won't be able to find a single faggot on there who isn't too busy bitching and moaning about Teen Titans Go! To take a look at how shitty the original cartoon actually was.
So what do you think, am a faggot who doesn't know what he is talking about, or am I onto something here.
>>
>>83245263
>why does everyone love the [...] weeaboo garbage

You answered your own question
>>
>>83245354
Fair enough, weeaboos are retards. But why are there so many of them
>>
But there's a lot of plots relating to cmic book characters and story arcs. They toned down Raven for the kids and made Starfire more happy while still keeping her super-emotional.
>>
>>83246432
Nearly every arc in the show was based on the comics. I don't know what OP is talking about.
>>
It did good by bringing characters relatively nobody cared about into the spotlight and having a fappable raven design.

It was still mostly lazy garbage that relied too much on the anime craze.
>>
TT take on Doom Patrol sucked
>>
>>83246516
Not OP but what about slade? How could they have fucked up the comic book arc more than that?
>>
>>83246717
>lazy

How big of a retard do you have to be to apply this word to Teen Titans, a cartoon where almost every scene has some kind of wild attempt at creativity? You can call it dumb or cringe-inducing, that's a matter of opinion, but it is objectively not lazy. Put some thought into your criticism, you lazy retard.

Bunch of fucking stupid capefags up in here masturbating to "muh comics", which are now and were always dogshit.
>>
>>83246843
What about Slade? He's a manipulative prick who's on par with Batman with fighting skills. The only thing they got wrong was no use of guns or swords.
>>
>>83246940
That and he's supposed to be called Deathstroke.
>>
>>83245263
They just masturbated to Raven
>>
File: 2077110-batgirl.jpg (11 KB, 290x300) Image search: [Google]
2077110-batgirl.jpg
11 KB, 290x300
>>83247061
I think they also really dropped the ball by not including a Cassandra Cain arc with Deathstroke/Slade. That was kinda lazy.

Instead they did this half assed story where Robin sat in for Cain but not really.
>>
>>83247172
Well in fairness so did I. Zone did wonders for that show's lasting appeal.

Half the reason why people hate teen titans go is probably because raven is much harder to jack off to.
>>
Yeah you're pretty wrong. I don't understand the people who can't take anime-esque things as if it physically pains them.

As for comparing to GO!, think about this. One show had commercials that were interesting and enticed people to watch because they saw someone in danger, Robin was on Slade's side, etc. The other show has Cyborg saying, "I can't feel my butt."
>>
>>83246939
>creativity
>yanking cliches and wholesale visual gags from japanese animation
Yeah nah, I'll give them credit for some good use of character, but the packaging was just plain shit only entry level "weebs" cling to.

And I mean real weebs, not this new meme definition of liking anything vaguely japanese.
>>
When it was airing I hated it because it was "too anime" but then I watched the first season a couple of years ago and I think I was overreacting initially.
>>
>ashamed of its comic book roots and pretty much rewrites every single one of its characters.

That's why it was so great. It treated them all as new characters and didn't sink into capeshit crap nobody cares about. Capeshit is boring. Capeshit is tedious with libraries of inanity behind every single character. It is like having chains or stickynotes on everything. Those "roots" you speak of are limitations, restrictions, backstories, filler and bullshit. They restrict creative freedom and originality.

The writers reached out towards the archetypes and simplicity and they grew inspired.

This was also one of those shows my friends used to watch and love and not a single one of them gives a fuck about animation or anything /co/.

The problem is you're viewing this from a wrong angle:

>"Is this good capeshit?"

When in fact "good capeshit" is bad stories that interest nobody and are inherently worthless because nothing happens in them that matters or will matter. TT was great because it wasn't capeshit.
>>
>>83247380
>The other show has Cyborg saying, "I can't feel my butt."

Honestly that's a pretty funny promo. I don't mean to shit on you anon but I can't see how anyone over the age of 15 can stomach the original teen titans
>>
>>83245263
Action, decent humor, characterization, and decent waifus for the faps in my childhood.
>>
>>83247765
>Honestly that's a pretty funny promo.
I don't see how anyone could bother defending either TT cartoon. Both are uninspired products of their time.
>>
>>83247582
I'd have to disagree and put forth teen titans go! As good "capeshit" it acknowledges it's comic book roots but doesn't get bogged down in them. That's how it gets done right.

A show doesn't have to abandon everything but the vague resemblance to its comic book to have broad appeal. I mean Batman the animated series didn't and was widely considered one of the best cartoons out of the 90s by critics.
>>
File: praying-mantis.jpg (63 KB, 1280x1024) Image search: [Google]
praying-mantis.jpg
63 KB, 1280x1024
>>83247765
>I see how anyone over the age of 15 can stomach the original Teen Titans
>lol butts are funny
>>
>>83247853
I like TT go! But I think you're pretty much right when you take a step back and look at them.

I just think Go! Pulls it off better
>>
File: 1445491221232.png (80 KB, 191x201) Image search: [Google]
1445491221232.png
80 KB, 191x201
>>83247915
> he doesn't think butts are funny
>>
TT is total garbage. It didn't so much take inspiration from anime as it wallowed in it.
>>
>>83247920
>Go pulls it off better
Don't you gave an Alvin and the Chipmunks movie to watch?
>>
They let you know right away that it was a skippable filler episode by using the Japanese opening theme.
>>
>>83247765
One is action and something i enjoy, rather than the other, which takes pot shots at the older show, is not that funny, and crams it down your throat "as your new favorite show."
>>
>>83247251

You're fucking stupid. Why would you want Cass related to Deathstroke in any way?
>>
Teen Titans:

>nice character design
>action
>humor
>slice of life
>character development
>arcs and plot threads
>lots of obscure characters

Teen Titans Go:

>terrible character design
>humor
>lots of obscure characters
>>
>>83247765
It is. It wraps up the insanity of the show in a good 20 seconds. I also adore TT GO! because it's just plain funny. The comedic timing is on point.

>>83248063
What does that have anything to do with TT GO or his opinion? They're not even the same demographic. Though the chipmunks can be cute from time to time.
>>
Different people like different things, the one thing 4chan will never understand.
>>
New Jynx is improvement
>>
>>83245263
>It's a show that is quite plainly ashamed of its comic book roots and pretty much rewrites every single one of its characters

Fucking good. I'm going to harp on this point.

Marvel animation has never made a good cape animated series because they don't do this. They rely on too many team ups and assume that people automatically care about their C-list characters and their 2 dimensional personalities instead of introducing them as fresh. DC animation and Warner Bros has had decent reception with their series for decades due to experimenting with their capes constantly. Teen Titans was a significant case since the show puts you into the environment of lesser characters only, no leaching off of the appearance of well known characters, and they tell decent stories with them.

I'm not going to say you're a faggot who doesn't know what you're talking about, and I agree with you on that the anime bits were mostly cringe-y. However, you're going to have to elaborate on your criticisms of the core elements of the show for me to take you seriously.
>>
>>83247061
Slade is coole>>83247172
r anyway.
>>
>>83248097
What are you saying? Cass was tied in with deathstroke in the comic books. I'm not sure what the point your trying to make is
>>
>>83248093
I disagree with you on teen titans beyond good, but Your completely right about the "your new favorite show" thing. That's a really obnoxious way to advertise a show that is well known to have strongly mixed opinions.
>>
>>83248063
Not sure what that has to do with anything friendo, sounds like you have more of a problem with Alvin and the chipmunks than I do though.
>>
File: Ow0kL_f-maxage-0.gif (3 MB, 334x251) Image search: [Google]
Ow0kL_f-maxage-0.gif
3 MB, 334x251
>>83246516
we'll never get to see Raven's bare legs in a black leotard ever again
>>
>>83248578
Well one thing that comes to mind is that the people who hold up TT as some sort of landmark DC cartoon always talk about how deep it was. Any depth that anyone cites from that show is usually actually just really cliché. The show as a whole was just kind of poorly written.

The whole starfire x tobin love interest thing was cringey, the cyborg over coming his limits was episode was pretty flat and over done (as well as better done in actual animes), and the only way they could shoehorn deathstroke in there was to pretty much rewrite the entire character and get Ron Perlman to do his voice in an attempt to make him more threatening.

Anyway those are just some of the offhand arguments I have. I'm sure they aren't perfect but I'm trying to drive the point across that there was nothing very special about TT, and they could have incorporated the comics into the series successfully had they given a damn (like Batman the animated series)
>>
>>83248307
TTG had a few solid episodes
Thread replies: 42
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.