[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why is kitty such a more important xmen than jubilee? It just
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 46
Thread images: 6
Why is kitty such a more important xmen than jubilee? It just because she was whedon's waifu so he added her to his astonishing run?

Both kitty and jubilee spent about the same amount of time on the xmen before being sent to their own side books and both spent the same amount of time during their second xmen stint. It is just then kitty got astonishing while jubilee got a solo that failed then got fucked by m day
>>
>>83242673
Kitty was there first.
Kitty was around for the classic X-stories everyone remembers.
Jubilee wasn't in anything good.
>>
>>83242673
If you're going to write a blogpost about your waifu, at least write it comprehensibly if you want any of us to reply.
>>
One just turned out a more interesting likeable character.
Also come on nigga...firecrackers?
>>
>>83242831
but they keep putting the other one in comics
>>
>Blink
>Negasonic
>Jubilee

So who will be the next flavour of the month X-waifu in Wolverine 3?
>>
>>83242831
>walking threw walls is a competent super hero power

They skull fucked half the new mutants for being too weak when they had better powers than kitty
>>
>>83242933
X-23

But jubilee has been a waifu for way longer than just this year because why else is she always in every film?
>>
>>83242673
>waaaah
>>
>>83242673
Because Jubilee is petty crook who is still wearing a jacket she stole from Dazzler.
>>
>>83242673
>Why is kitty such a more important xmen than jubilee? It just because she was whedon's waifu so he added her to his astonishing run?

Kitty was an authorial waifu long before Whedon.
>>
>>83244706
Have you tried to identify jubilee without the coat? Because seriously with no coat, pink sunglasses, and pixie cut she is basically unrecognizable. The coat is just short hand for "this is jubilee"
>>
>>83242673
>Why is kitty such a more important xmen than jubilee?
Most people writing comics were kids or teenagers in the 1980s i.e. the perfect age to develop a crush on a character aimed straight at people like them (the cute girl-next-door who's also a geek just like you, the reader).
>>
>>83242831
>One just turned out a more interesting likeable character.
Yeah, that one was Jubilee. Kitty went from "golly gee, it sure is neat being an X-Man" into an unlikable hyper-cunt.
>>
File: d6z4361.jpg (220 KB, 1024x1447) Image search: [Google]
d6z4361.jpg
220 KB, 1024x1447
>>83245439
Remember the booty, anon
>>
>>83242798
She was in the 90s X-Men cartoon you faggot.
>>
Eh, Kitty is the Generation X waifu, now that those readers are all hitting their goddamn 50s, I doubt she keeps the shine she's had since Whedon and Weezer were fapping all over her in pop culture.

Now that the people who grew up with Jubes are starting to hit their stride, I'd expect to see her get more and more push. Maybe in the next movie she gets to say something important. Sky's the limit.
>>
>>83247478
>Eh, Kitty is the Generation X waifu, now that those readers are all hitting their goddamn 50s, I doubt she keeps the shine she's had since Whedon and Weezer were fapping all over her in pop culture.
Not really, Jubilee doesn't have the exposure long term that Kitty does. Jubilee was in the '90s cartoon but wasn't popular. She was in Generation X which lasted around 7 years but other members were either more popular than her or went on to greater exposure (Chamber, M, Husk). When Generation X ended she was effectively reduced to minor/support roles until the vampire thing but Wood's book (the kid specifically) soured some people, the book sucked and she hasn't been seen since Secret Wars.

Kitty had been consistently published in comics since her debut, was part of the main X-Men books again by the end of the '90s and got even MORE prominent in the books thanks to Astonishing and was basically one of the lead members of whatever the main X-book would be at the time. She was also one of the main characters in X-Men: Evolution and Wolverine and the X-Men which are both more recent than a 20 year old cartoon and was in a couple of popular movies with more prominent roles than Jubilee.

It's almost self-perpetuating. She gets used because the people making the product like her which gives her more prominence among fans who then go in and use her and on and on.
>>
>>83242673
Jubilee is a vampire

Twilight killed vampire hype
>>
>>83242673
>whedon's waifu
Every X-writer waifus Kitty.
>>
File: Jubilee.jpg (80 KB, 528x720) Image search: [Google]
Jubilee.jpg
80 KB, 528x720
Jubilee is too hard to cosplay
>>
>>83242673
You know gaddamn well why.

Kitty is a jew.
>>
>>83247851
>Jubilee was in the '90s cartoon but wasn't popular.
Nigga what.
>>
>>83248243
And Jubilee is Asian. You might be on to something, anon.
>>
>>83248288
Jubilee is Californian, don't be racist anon
>>
>>83248249
The cartoon was popular, Jubilee herself was not.
>>
>>83248061
It's not that she's hard to cosplay, it's that shitty cosplayers (i.e. 99.9 persent of them) think that throwing on a yellow coat, a pink shirt and sunglasses mean they're wearing a Jubilee a costume. Same with most fanartists really.
>>
>>83247028
Yea but she ignores Doug for colossus (and I like colossus but still that's like Emma Watson tier of just dating the big hot guy) and she made that kid kill himself in new mutants.

Where as jubilee only really liked Robin and was constantly ignored by synch (though just in general fuck synch)
>>
>>83242955
Really man? Jesus you're an unimaginative fuck.
>Can't be touched.
>Can pull others through with her.
>Can fuck up high end tech with ease.
>Can make you explode by sticking her hand in your face and making it solid again.
>Can climb up things she is passing through.

vs

>YAY FIREWORKS

May as well have been the fucking Dazzler.
>>
>>83248336
She was basically the face of the show.

>>83248314
Oh no i am rused.
>>
>>83247851
>xmen tas wasn't popular
>there are literally human beings who exist who care about jono, husk, or M
>jubilee didn't literally have a solo title at one point
>jubilee wasn't in evolution
>jubilee didn't have almost the same length of tenure on the xmen before whedon
>kitty wasn't out of comics from the mutant massacre till Excalibur and even then she wasn't shipped off to England

Jubilee is also more fun and as she has gotten older she has become nicer and more caring where as kitty has turned into more of a jerk
>>
File: 1936909-kitty_bullet_3.jpg (688 KB, 2560x1993) Image search: [Google]
1936909-kitty_bullet_3.jpg
688 KB, 2560x1993
>>83242673
>>83242955

Name one thing that Jubilee has done that's on par with this.
>>
>>83248492
>can detonate mater at the sub atomic level
> literally has leveled buildings and given people strokes

And she isn't even a mutant anymore she is a vampire
>>
>>83248565
Hey man.

I care about Husk and Chamber. Hell, I bought Tieri's Weapon X to keep supporting Chamber.
You're right about M tho. She can get fucked.
>>
>>83245439
Precisely. She's a weak character that for the past 10+ years has been forgettable.

It's funny how Jubilee replaced Dazzler and how Gambit replaced Longshot. Two characters that had cooler powers and more personality.
>>
>>83248648
>>83248614
See this.

Also, she's a vamp now? They must have been desperate to do that to her. Shitty writing alert.
>>
File: Slowpokin.png (47 KB, 260x240) Image search: [Google]
Slowpokin.png
47 KB, 260x240
>>83248882

>Also, she's a vamp now?
>>
>>83248854
Luck powers are always too vague to be cool, anon.
>>
>>83248061
Ewe
>>
File: Jubilee Face.png (510 KB, 522x435) Image search: [Google]
Jubilee Face.png
510 KB, 522x435
>>83249181
>>
>>83247299
Go watch the cartoon and come back mate. It doesn't hold up at very well.
>>
>>83249627
DA-NA-DA-NA-DA-NANA!!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sAkL2-vh2Sk#t=3s

FUCK YOU!!
>>
>>83248376
It just means that betas self-inserted as Colossus: they can be big and strong and handsome but they're also kind and sensitive not like those stupid meathead jocks who stuff you into lockers FUCK YOU CLINT MCDONNEL!
>>
>>83248854
Dazzler and Longshot both suck and the X-Men books weren't really lacking from their presence in the 10 or 15 years they weren't really around.
>>
>>83250061
Muties are everywhere, they can't all be retconned to have Omega-level powers
>>
>>83250137
I hate when they make characters over powered like that
Thread replies: 46
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.