[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Birds of prey
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2
File: image.jpg (718 KB, 900x1366) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
718 KB, 900x1366
Has birds of prey had any good runs?
>>
I hate Lady Blackhawk regular Blackhawk is better
>>
>>83234277
Whats wrong with Lady Blackhawk?
>>
>>83234234
The original Dixon one-shots, minis, ongoing run remain the best of the team.
Just Babs, Dinah, and the occasional helpers.

Simone's first run is overrated, but basically good.
Really loses steam by the end, and her second run was shit.

The New 52 book had a VERY strong start, but editorial instantly stuck their dicks in it and the book was pretty much screwed by just the end of the first arc.

The Rebirth book will probably be shit.
Babsgirl in the spotlight, New Helena becoming Huntress just because, and CW writers.
>>
>>83234234
>Dixon's oneshots, minis, and run
>Simone's run minus the relaunch
>the first arc of New 52
>>
>>83234563
>>83234626
Thank you both I'm give those a read.
>>
>>83234626
>>the first arc of New 52

Do not read the Nu52 arc. It ends last I looked unresolved since editorial basically interrupted the story before the end I think.
>>
>>83235011
They dicked it over as early as the fourth issue.

Batgirl was going to be a guest for the one issue, but the big response to her terrible book convinced editorial to force her onto the team, even though she was completely at odds with everything about the series.
>>
File: Starling and Poison Ivy.png (774 KB, 999x667) Image search: [Google]
Starling and Poison Ivy.png
774 KB, 999x667
I miss Starling
>>
>>83234234
Simone's early runs were pretty good.
>>
>>83234234
It was all pretty good up until New 52
>>
>>83234563
>New Helena becoming Huntress just because
You've never seen a girl start doing shit just because the guy in her life does it?
>>
>>83243132
But that's a ridiculous downgrade. It's like adding Waller to the Birds of Prey team and have her follow Babs' orders.
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.