[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Who else thinks the ham fisted political "commentary"
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 52
Thread images: 11
File: cap 1.jpg (126 KB, 560x850) Image search: [Google]
cap 1.jpg
126 KB, 560x850
Who else thinks the ham fisted political "commentary" in this issue was worse than the twist at the end?

Spencer's political commentary was so on the nose and cringey that it almost felt like a /co/ parody. Red Skull is obviously a Trump stand-in, Maria Hill is a Hillary stand-in and I feel like Sharon was Bernie while Zemo was Ted Cruz. The dude needs to stick to comedy books.

It's okay to have political commentary in entertainment, but only if it's intelligently done. Not this baby ass shit of "ANYONE WHO DOESN'T AGREE WITH MY POLITICAL VIEWS IS A NAZI OR A CUNT!"
>>
File: 1464108893446.jpg (8 KB, 200x200) Image search: [Google]
1464108893446.jpg
8 KB, 200x200
>>83231725
>I didn't ready the comic, I just want to get in on the outrage
>>
File: RxET4Xw.jpg (1 MB, 1988x3056) Image search: [Google]
RxET4Xw.jpg
1 MB, 1988x3056
No, Viper was the Trump stand in.
>>
>>83231774
Jack Flagg returns only to get pushed out of a plane (hopefully not to his death) & for his time on based Guardians to get made fun of.
>>
>>83231841
>made fun of
But it wasn't? Jesus why are you kids so easily triggered.
>>
File: 1451888692147.jpg (49 KB, 848x431) Image search: [Google]
1451888692147.jpg
49 KB, 848x431
Who else is already tired of having ten new threads an hour rehashing the same discussions of this issue's ham-fisted political "commentary" since this shit dropped? Yes, it's shit. The whole thing is garbage that makes me wonder how the hell the guy who wrote Superior Foes managed to produce it. Do we really need to talk about it nonstop and play right into the hands of the clickbait/outrage culture advertising scheme that keeps Marvel from becoming irrelevant outside of their movies?
>>
>>83231841
After seeing how Constrictor died, it wouldn't surprise me if Jack Flag is dead.
>>
>>83231787

I would vote for Viper desu.
>>
File: Jack.gif (263 KB, 500x281) Image search: [Google]
Jack.gif
263 KB, 500x281
>>83231787

>I'm just the super villain in a snake suit to do it
>>
It's as if people on /co/ are surprised that the Red Skull would hate immigrants, and that he wouldn't use people's current frustrations to his advantage.
>>
File: JUL110641.jpg (26 KB, 395x600) Image search: [Google]
JUL110641.jpg
26 KB, 395x600
And who here thinks that this is Marvel's promise of a Captain America plotline for the next four years of a Trump Presidency?
The telepathic Red Skull is going to make America great again, one superhero at a time.
>>
>>83231725
He is not a Trump stand-in. He's the /pol/ standin.

Trump has never said anything close to Red skull. But you can hear the commentary on conservative talk radio, on vdare and on Stefan Moleyneux videos.

Which also puts his 'Republicans are evil screed' in context; if you think what Trump is doing is evil, then it goes to show that people who have been pushing this agenda for years must also be evil.

YMMV
>>
>>83231903
Why do people think Superior Foes was his first comic? He wrote a ton of mediocre and bad shit before that, hell he was widely hated on /co/ for some time.
>>
>>83232494
People who absolutely hate Trump thinks he acts like this, Spencer is one of those people.
>>
>>83231787
>making good points
>just turns it around into HURR CONSTITUTION DOESNT PROMISE CLEAN AIR

jesus christ this is bad.

although even worse is the one where Red Skull redpills Captain America with actual truths about how America is diseased and rotten and Steve basically just fights for his unattainable ideal of basically the 50's. And his response is basically SHUT UP FUCK YOU LALALALA
>>
>>83231903
/pol/ just likes moving to other boards and making it a shithole. well an even bigger shithole.
>>
Zemo's characterization is the worst part of the issue
>>
>>83232761
Please Hail..
>>
>Daredevil and Ms. Marvel have been consistently excellent
>Almost every other series has been crap.
How have those two series escaped Marvel's tumblr pandering?
>>
>>83232983
Deadpool, Ant-Man, Howard the Duck & especially Vision are all good/great.
>>
>>83232983
>Almost every other series has been crap.
Someone clearly hasn't read Vision, Contest of Champions, Ultimates, New Avengers, and Moon Knight.
>>
>>83232983
I asked Bendis this question on his tumblr years ago and I don't remember his answer but if you could search his archive it'd probably be there but I think people are afraid to taint DD's legacy because of how consistently well written he is over the years
>>
>>83232983
I still have no idea why Ms Marvel is as good as it is
>>
>>83233057

Howard the Duck crossed over with Squirrel Girl, making it bad.
>>
>>83233144
No one wants to be the guy that wrote a bad Daredevil run. You write a bad run for any other character and it just gets forgotten. You write a bad run for daredevil and you get held up as "the one guy that wrote a bad daredevil run."

Just look at Diggle. He's always singled out as one of the few shit daredevil writers.
>>
>>83233221
Because Wilson decided to tell a story first rather than pander to tumblr landwhales.
>>
>>83233249
>No one wants to be the guy that wrote a bad Daredevil run.
Mark Waid managed to do it yet critics suck his cock over that run constantly.
>>
File: 1464060759968.jpg (8 KB, 300x168) Image search: [Google]
1464060759968.jpg
8 KB, 300x168
>>83231725
Are you triggered, /pol/lock?
>>
>>83233249
What is it about DD that allows writers to put out some of their best work? Why can't more heroes have this mantra? It has to be more than "I don't want to fuck up"
>>
>>83233332
Waid's run was great for the first half, it just lost steam after the Ikari arc. If you don't bother with the relaunch where he goes to San Francisco then it's a totally solid run. 4th best, I'd say.
>>
File: Frank Miller.jpg (11 KB, 214x317) Image search: [Google]
Frank Miller.jpg
11 KB, 214x317
>>83233361
Honestly I don't know. Maybe Miller just left that big of an impression on the character.
>>
>>83233361
He's popular enough that you don't have to worry about cancellation and are able to get good artists for the book, while not being so popular that editorial will fuck with the book.

Daredevil is a franchise that writers can bring their a-game to without fear of derailing for the sake of shit like events, editorial meddling, or sudden cancellations causing you to rush your original plans.
>>
>>83233411
Yeah maybe that and a little more freedom from Marvel to do what you want compared to other big heroes? I
>>
File: 1369367536174.png (533 KB, 705x270) Image search: [Google]
1369367536174.png
533 KB, 705x270
>>83233393
>it just lost steam after the Ikari arc
I stopped reading a bit after that, shit was so hype
>Mfw Try The Red One
>>
>>83231903
To be honest, I was wondering how someone who wrote the godawful NOW! Secret Avengers series between Remender and Kot's runs managed to write something halfway decent.
>>
>>83232494
>Trump has never said anything close to Red skull.
But the media says he did, and that's good enough.
>>
>>83233361
>>83233446
>>83233411

Guys

Daredevil is considered a "try out" to be a future Batman writter with all the prestigue (aka money) that comes. And yes, Daredevil being far away from editorial hands will always means pretty high qiality
>>
>>83233586
The Red Skull didnt said ANYTHING wrong in that issue.
>>
>>83233642
Hasn't Miller always said he preferred writing for Daredevil over Batman?
>>
>>83231725
Was there a reason given for why Sharon's all old now? She seemed pretty young when she shot Cap at the end of Civil War.
>>
>>83232983
Ms. Marvel seems like it would be the perfect storm of Tumblr pandering. How the fuck has it avoided that fate?
>>
>>83231725
Yeah Spencer isn't very good at it. It was almost as annoying as his twitter.
>>
>>83234021

In my experience, you should never look at the twitter feed of any writer/artist/content creator whose stuff you enjoy.
>>
>>83234130
Tom King is based on Twitter. He's even liked and responded to a few of my tweets.
>>
>>83231725
ham-fisted political commentary has been spencer's run on cap (runs?) in a nut shell

only reason i'm interested in this book is for the spectacle
>>
>>83233808
She was lost in Dimension Z, whens he returned she was much older because time there works differently.
>>
File: That's hell.png (584 KB, 926x494) Image search: [Google]
That's hell.png
584 KB, 926x494
>>83232705
There's nothing wrong with pursuing an unattainable ideal.
>>
>>83235929
Fuck off Shirou.
>>
The truly bad thing about that comic is the rhetoric that joining hate groups or being a terrible person is justifiable if you are at a low point in your life.

That is some truly disgusting shit in that comic.
>>
>>83236022
And did you think joining a hate group was a sign of someone's life being on the right track?
>>
>You are a nazi if you aren't for Open borders and giving immigrants government care as soon as they arrive
It's amazing how my views would have been considered Liberal 10 years ago but now i'm a nazi.
>>
>>83231725
>>83236809

I love how mad people are that a Nazi talked about strong nationalism and keeping out undesirable elements because they agree with it.

The Nazi Party didn't get their start by going out and say "Hey, we're going to kill all the Jews and take over the world! Cool, right?"

They said things that seem reasonable to anyone who's unhappy with their country and its economy and want some ethnic/religious group to blame, whether that's "the Jews" or "the Muslims".

If you're offended by a depiction of a Nazi using Nazi rhetoric, that's something you and your political views have to deal with.
Thread replies: 52
Thread images: 11

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.