[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
So what do you think about the reveal that Wonder Woman has a
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 78
Thread images: 9
File: Justice League (2011-) 050-040.jpg (2 MB, 1988x3056) Image search: [Google]
Justice League (2011-) 050-040.jpg
2 MB, 1988x3056
So what do you think about the reveal that Wonder Woman has a twin brother /co/?

I assume Rucka will get into it since his first arc is about secrets and lies from Diana's past

Do you think Jason will be a hero or a villain? Will he be a cool guy or super serious? What do you want him to be? How do you want Diana to react to this info?
>>
>>83229106
Jason is going to be a full on villain. Also gay because progressive.
>>
>>83229106
that baby looks pretty dame black
>>
>>8322913
That was a thing in the 90's though. unless he's not a villain.
>>
>>83229136

If he's gay, wouldn't he be a hero? That would be the progressive way.
>>
is this from Dark Knight III: Master Race?
>>
I think it will be forgotten with the very next run.
>>
>>83229268
A gay hero who is in every way inferior to his sister.
>>
>>83229431
>>83229268
>>83229136
>a son of zeus being gay

you guys are just going full retarded now.
>>
>>83229519
Pretty much every Greek's bisexual at least, anon. Hell, Heracles kept a boy lover.
>>
>>83229136
>after an encounter with Batman marks Jason as a villain, he will sneak unto Gotham's underground crime world to start taking it down from the inside
I wish they would just let Jason be a villain instead of this budget Punisher
>>
>>83229136
>Also gay because progressive
I hope so
>>
>>83229554
>>83229519
I'm reasonably sure that one of Heracles' boyfriends got trapped by some god or something

In any case Heracles also crossdressed while fucking the queen who owned him and then after the second time he violated Greek sacred law and repented he got an army together to kill the shit out of everyone who ever looked at him funny because he was a dick like that- Heracles does as he pleases
>>
>>83231942
Yeah it'd be pretty hot.

Maybe have a little twink with him too since he's part god.
>>
Personally, I'd find it amusing if Diana's brother Jason turned out to be that Jason and was already dead after having lived his own adventures.
>>
>>83232184
Was that in the movie with the Rock I didn't see that one.
>>
So they're just using the Nubia origin again only this time he's a dude instead of black.
>>
>>83236021
I don't see why he can't be both

Also I thought Nubia was formed from clay, she didn't pop out of Hippolyta's vagina right after Diana
>>
Jason Todd never figured out who his parents were.

Also, you know, came back from death.
>>
File: twins.jpg (714 KB, 1580x1046) Image search: [Google]
twins.jpg
714 KB, 1580x1046
>>83236172
Red Hood's next series has him teaming up with Artemis, an Amazon. Wonder Woman had a romantic relationship with Batman.
>>
>>
I just hope it's better than Finch.

>>83229136
>Also gay because progressive
I think you mean Greek
>>
>>83236553
I thought this was pretty obvious.
>>
>>83229136
>Also gay
I hope not. Need some incestual tension
>>
>>83236172
I would love so much for this to be true.
>>
>>83236553
I think Jason and the argonauts were mentioned in Darkseid War so if they were then yeah probably this
>>
>>83229106
Stupid, dumb, idiotic, moronic and retarded.
>>
>>83229106
How old is Diana in the current continuity?
Because if she's not thousands of years old her brother can't possibly be THE Jason of greek myth.
>>
>>83238902
Johns changed her to being thousands of years old
>>
>>83238921
Okay then. I got no problem with it, DESU.
I mean, it's one of the many aspects of WW's backstory that has never been consistent.
>>
>>83236172
Okey... i like this. It's retarded, but i really like this scenario.
>>
>>83236172
>>83236364
Intriguing
>>
I have no idea why male amazons are such a popular trope in WW comics these days.

I mean it's kind of missing the whole point, right?
>>
>>83229519
Yeah, you're right, he should be bisexual like Zeus himself.
>>
>>83239757
>I mean it's kind of missing the whole point, right?
Welcome to the nu52.
>>
Is this just a random Jason, or is this the Jason who used to hang out with the Argonauts?
>>
>>83232184
One of his boy-toys got kidnapped for eternal sexual bliss with a couple of nymphs.

So Herc fucked up their island and destroyed their sacred space.

Herc gave no fucks, he just wanted his cocksleeve back. Although he didn't get it back that time, so he just went off and got a new one.
>>
>>83239757
Gender shit is the topic du jour, so naturally it's going to be pushed as much as possible in pretty much the most gender polarizing background environment in the DCU.
>>
What if Wonder Woman IS Jason?

There's been more fucked up shit done to kids and it would explain a lot.
>>
>>83239757
whenever you present a group or culture of women you'll get guys bitching and moaning about how there needs to be a male member of the culture and how he should be better than them at what they do.

you can actually blame a lot of it on gendered cartoons and toys. You get young kids growing up being pressured from multiple sides to only consume stories about men. except consuming media that tells the story of someone different to yourself is a huge part of teaching kids to emphasize with those different to them.

Consider the studies of Litcher & Johnson and Katz & Zalk about racial bias in children, those who were made to read stories about those from different ethnic backgrounds exhibited greater empathy to children of those backgrounds compared to those who just read stories about people with the same ethnicity as them. The same principle carries over to gender too.

an obvious note that said stories need the person that is 'other' to be the main character rather than a supporting character, and for the things that make them 'other' to be a part of the story rather than ignored.
>>
>>83236078

Wonder Woman was formed from clay once too. Only recently that she popped from Hippolyta's vagina.
>>
>>83236172
But wouldent that make him thousands of years old if he was born the same night as diana
That would be a hell of a lot of amnesia
>>
>>83243251
Diana only in her 20's in this continuity
>>
Honestly, it took the wind out of my sails. I had so much hype for the new WW book and this just doesn't look good.

But I will give it a shot.
>>
>>83241849
>tfw Hippolyta just raised him as a girl and he's been some beefy random background Amazon the whole time
>>
File: AlekaHatesManMusk.jpg (512 KB, 1988x3057) Image search: [Google]
AlekaHatesManMusk.jpg
512 KB, 1988x3057
>>83243936
...Aleka?
>>
I'm not too upset because this isn't the first time Diana suddenly had a twin like with Donna and Nubia plus we get Wonderboy.
I'm just wondering if he'll stay after this run. Because Donna only stay around because a couple writers waifud her into Teen Titans. And if he does what are they gonna do with him.
Because WW doesn't get shut that stays, every writer tries to push their own shit instead of building on her foundations.
>>
>>83229519
>>a son of zeus being gay
the Greek invented the sex for pleasure, other people later added women to the mix
>>
>>83243733
Johns changed her to being thousands of years old
>>
>>83229136
>>83229106
I would laugh my ass off if it's Jason Todd.
>>
File: Icelel.png (184 KB, 256x256) Image search: [Google]
Icelel.png
184 KB, 256x256
>>83229106
>"He is the true The Chosen One (tm)"
>"Chosen for WHAT"

For some reason I always find it funny when a character immediately acts like a normal person and actually questions what [x] prophecy is for.
>>
>>83244001
I thought posting ponyshit was banned outside /mlp/
>>
>>83244019

The main problem with Wonder Woman having a male brother is that he can't end up as a super-hero. Can you imagine the shitstorm that'd start?

I mean, you've one of the first female super-heroes here and she isn't a Supergirl or a Batgirl, but an actual and self-realized female super-hero. She's so big and important that she became a feminist icon.

If they make her male brother a super-hero like her any time he does something super or slightly better than her you'll have all sorts of can opening.
>>
>>83244416
Just say that it's progressive for a female super hero to get a male spinoff counterpart, that almost never happens
>>
>>83244416
It would be no different than Batwoman or Superwoman; rule 63 version of the original. The fact wonder hasn't had a 63'd version of herself actually hurts her from the whole equality standpoint
>>
I hope he's just a regular guy with a family who doesnt know anything about his past.

Guy was doing his 9 to 5 and suddenly he has this cosmic destiny shit going on

"Hey kids I gotta go punch a God in the mouth or something, and Wonder Woman is your aunt now I guess?"
>>
>>83244482

>It would be no different than Batwoman or Superwoman; rule 63 version of the original.

Yes, it would. Females can be better than males. Heck, some people would say that they should! But males being better than females? That's a big no-no. Very regressive.

People would accuse DC of trying to overshadow and replace Wonder Woman for a male version.
>>
File: 1451659149155.png (369 KB, 949x686) Image search: [Google]
1451659149155.png
369 KB, 949x686
>>83244507
>tfw you discover wonder woman is your aunt
>tfw you realize you've been fapping to your aunt since puberty
>>
>>83244659

I don't see the problem. I would fuck my aunt, i fucked my cousin.
>>
File: heavy-rain.jpg (49 KB, 599x337) Image search: [Google]
heavy-rain.jpg
49 KB, 599x337
>>83229106
>>
>>83244773
X
>>
>>83244715
I know it's hard to relate to normal people, but just try
>>
>>83229268
>>83229136
what do you guys mean progressive?
>>
>>83244482
Off the top of my head I can name three r63s of Wonder Woman. This guy is likely going to be the fourth. They just never catch on because a male spin off of WW is meaningless.
>>
File: Achilles.jpg (64 KB, 300x641) Image search: [Google]
Achilles.jpg
64 KB, 300x641
Same thing
>>
>>83245603
It's pretty much just Hercules.
>>
>>83239757
Not really.

Secrets and conflict pretty much drive almost every story narrative. Frankly, I'm surprised they didn't start doing this a lot earlier.
>>
This whole "Hecules was a savage who did all this ruthless shit" is kind of pissing me off, as it shows a profound misunderstanding of the character in Greek myths

Hercules made many mistakes yes, but right after he lost his temper and tore a guys livestock open, he would offer to help the guy find a new one and pay him back for the one he lost

There's an old story where Hercules goes to his friends house while he is in mourning over his wife. Hercules gets drunk and makes a fool out of himself before finding out from a servant his wife had died. Hercules wants to make it up to him and decides to WRESTLE DEATH for her.

Hercules was a bro
>>
>>83229106

I have a really hard time caring about Wonder Woman anything, but apparently Rucka is bringing back a bunch of Azzarello run stuff that the inferior, non-Azzarello writer got rid of, so that's probably good.

>>83245118

No one knows what that word means. No one has known for over a hundred years.
>>
>>83247532
>muh mythology

Fuck off, this is about classic DCU portrayals. If you give a shit about mythology you can read something else.
>>
>>83244715
Rasheed pls.
>>
>>83247682
come one mate seriously
What does it mean please?
>>
>>83238921
That's still stupid. Fucking hack.
>>
Maybe he lopped his dick off so it's technically a twin sister
I'm just postulating
>>
>>83247532
Bro Herc is in Marvel not DC.
>>
>>83247532
Herc was an asshole that occasionally felt bad

What the fuck are you talking about?
>>
>>83247950
>I read a wikipedia article and haven;t actually read any of the myths

Fuck off
>>
>>83247826
>be early 20s despite living on a magical island and having tons of gods and greek mythology
No, THAT'S fucking stupid.
Thread replies: 78
Thread images: 9

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.