[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I'm so confused. Why didn't people like it? It was
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 27
File: cf7kkqeuuaeqame.jpg (415 KB, 1024x1513) Image search: [Google]
cf7kkqeuuaeqame.jpg
415 KB, 1024x1513
I'm so confused. Why didn't people like it? It was really entertaining, didn't butcher any characters, flowed well, had great performances, good aesthetics, honestly everything but Jennifer Lawrence was good or great.
>>
>>83227928
I agree, anon. I really liked it too. But I didn't have any problems with Jennifer Lawrence desu.
>>
>>83227928
It wasn't made by disney and fox can't pay for shitposters
>>
>>83227928
I felt nothing when I saw Days of Future Past, and apathy at the last couple Wolverines, so nothing is really enticing me to want to see this one. It's been hard to give a shit since Xmen 3, I've been reboot-ready for years.
>>
>>83228592
They rebooted five years ago nigga
>>
>>83228729
Sure doesn't seem like it, Wolverine is still Jackman right? Was First Class the reboot? They need to reboot harder if that's the case, it still looks like the same exact shit as before. I remember liking the first two films way back when, but everything after X2 has been a headache.
>>
>>83228860
First Class wasn't bad, DoFP was GREAT, and Apocalypse was britty gud
>>
>>83228890
Was there ever any good animated X-men stuff after Evolution? I wouldn't mind getting back to some classic X-men stuff to wash all this live action shit out of my mouth. I think the last I heard of was Wolverine VS Hulk or something.
>>
>>83227928
>Different opinions? SCARY!
But seriously though, maybe we're just tired of the X Men and the movies are kind of the same? Or at least thats the case for me anyway.
>>
>>83228978
I don't think there's been ANY animated X-Men stuff after Evolution
>>
>>83228978
Wolverine vs Hulk was actually pretty good. But I think Wolverine and the X Men was the last thing, though I dont know how good that was. Of course you cant go wrong with the 90s cartoon right?
>>
Wasn't as good as FP or DOFP honestly
>>
>>83228978
Wolverine and the X-men, that was cancelled pretty soon but it was solid
>>
>>83229023
It's a damn shame they didn't carry on that line of stuff. Even Thor vs Hulk wasn't bad, Planet Hulk was also pretty good a summarized adaptation.
>>
File: laughing cage man.webm (3 MB, 1280x544) Image search: [Google]
laughing cage man.webm
3 MB, 1280x544
>your face when "I think we can all agree the third film is always the worst"
>>
>>83229079
To my knowledge, Wolverine vs Hulk and Wolverine and the X Men are canon with Avengers EMH. On another note, does the 90s cartoon still hold up? Ive been meaning to get back into it and I hope its not like the Spider Man cartoon where the editing makes me want to kill myself
>>
>>83229020

Wasnt there that wolverine and the x-men series?
>>
>>83229119
>wreak, Havok!
>Metallica's The Four Horsemen playing while Angel is being recruited as one of The Four Horsemen

This movie was full of pottery
>>
>>83228979
>the movies are kind of the same
Pretty much this. Every movie is the same conversation between Charles and Magneto, Wolverine and Mystique are shoehorned in to the plot, and every film feels vaguely like a soft reboot because inter-film continuity and a consistent team are apparently beyond Fox. Also the low budget is apparent and the disdain for the source material is obvious.
>>
File: Brett Ratner.jpg (2 MB, 1870x2337) Image search: [Google]
Brett Ratner.jpg
2 MB, 1870x2337
>>83229119
This "Go fuck yourself Brett Ratner" moment was brought to you by Bryan Singer.
BRAVO SINGER!
>>
>>83229375
The weird bit is I dont think this franchise has any right to shit on Return of the Jedi.
>>
>>83229264
Every single one of the X-Men movies could have come out in X2's place and no one would bat an eye. The production design is still stuck in the era of The Matrix, while WB/DC has moved towards blowhard pretension and Disney/Marvel is wallowing in popcorn flicks.

>>83229375
Get Singer off this franchise. It's time to shake things up. I'm not saying it should be a quip-fest, but look at the success Marvel has achieved with an ex-Troma director and some brothers that used to direct tv sitcoms. Bring in some new blood, and I don't just mean "Singer needs new boys for his trailer."
>>
File: 1464391085457.jpg (217 KB, 770x711) Image search: [Google]
1464391085457.jpg
217 KB, 770x711
>>83228537
>>
>>83229424
In the diegetic, yes they shitted on Return of the Jedi, but in the non diegetic, it's obvious that was about X-Men The Last Stand or X-Men "FUCK YOU BRETT RATNER GO DIE IN YOUR BED"
>>
>>83227928
>Magnetos arc felt more like a Wolverine story, acting as if Magneto settling down with a wife and child and then losing them is a common occurrence.
>Charles and Erik are broken records, repeating the same lines from the past two movies.
>Wasted Jubilee
>Wasted Storm
>Wasted Psylock
>repeating the same Quicksilver set piece
>Apocalypse is drab in dialogue, vague in motivation and boring in execution
>Wolverine set piece is useless and could be cut entirely
>Mystique is hailed by the students, practically does nothing in this movie
>Archangel because our movie doesn't have enough Wolverine body horror
>most uninteresting and lazy post credit sequence in recent memory
>gotta wrap all these fucking storylines up so it sync with my first movie as if I'm George Lucas. Hey, wait...
>Star Wars comparison to jab at Last Stand
If you can ignore all that shit, the movie is still only decent at best.
>>
>>83227928
It was bland. It was the vanilla ice cream of movies. It wasn't good enough nor bad enough to be memorable. It was just there. It's the most average, mediocre movie I've seen in some time
>>
File: 1464157942413.png (179 KB, 640x360) Image search: [Google]
1464157942413.png
179 KB, 640x360
>>83227928
>X-Men fans now know how Amazing Spider-Man fans feel

Doesn't feel good, does it?
>>
>>83229045
Indeed. Wolverine and the X-men, despite the weird swapping of personality and leadership roles between Logan and Scott, was solid and had some standout episodes. Also it had the best Kurt.
>>
>>83229567

>Sync with first movie
>Quicksilver is an X-Man

at least he survived this time
>>
>>83229607
the second Amazing Spider-Man movie was terrible
>>
>>83229375
In trying to shit on Ratner, he shit on himself because this is the third of the First Class films.
>>
>>83229567
To be fair, the Magneto stuff with his family was the best in the movie. Weird that he is so happy at the end of the movie, because his life he built over ten years is still completely destroyed. It was good to see Charles trying to be a lady's man again.
>>
>>83229567
I agree with a lot of this.
Unlike Civil War, most of the characters in the movie do nothing and have no arc.

Why does Storm's hair have to turn white? How does she have white hair in the other movies then?
Why does Charles going bald have to be a "thing" that's caused by the villain?
Why does Wolverine have to show up at all in a Weapon X scene that could have probably been cut entirely save for them finding a jet?

The whole movie felt like cliff notes of a much better movie.
>>
>>83230004

I actually liked the part with Logan, him snarling in the camera because he knew Stryker was watching was great
>>
>>83229684
They were both terrible
>>
>>83229684
So is X-Men Apocalypse.
>>
Just saw it last night so I'll do my best to shit on it properly.

Entire first act was a fucking mess. Way too many characters doing shit all at the same time, but very little of it felt (or was) meaningful. Here's Angel and Nightcrawler fight scene, now let's cut to Magneto, now let's cut to Scott, now to Moira, now back to Mystique and Nightcrawler just long enough for you to remember they exist, now back to Scott, now to Magneto, random Quicksilver, etc.
Then we have a very awkward "forced" climactic scene with Apocalypse launching all the nukes into space, which sets us into our middle act. The middle act is the best, as the film is finally able to focus. We're treated to some neat team dynamic between Cyclops, Stupid Cunt, and Nightcrawler, a shitty Wolverine setpiece, and we get to watch Apocalypse and his butt buddies do a shit ton of nothing cool. We also get a decently funny Quicksilver bit with the destruction of the school.
We finally enter our climactic, CG flooded battle. The effects look like asshole, Magneto becomes good again because movie, and the entire battle with Apocalypse becomes this stupid fucking tug of war where they take every chance they can to make us think the X-Men have the upper hand, only to get plot hacked by Apocalypse. Then Jean Grey happens and the X-Men win.

Final complaints.
Angel has two spoken lines the entire movie ("Fight me or they'll kill us" and "I'm drunk, go away")
Storm did nothing the entire movie
Magneto is such a fucking flake it hurts
Mystique only ever bitches about how hard it is being a mutant. She's also important even though the best thing she does is get almost killed so Magneto will quit being evil.
The CG looked so fucking bad during some scenes.
Jean Gray.

My girlfriend's biggest problem was that all of the dialogue was both predictable and forced. Like the only ones who could talk like actual people were Xavier and Magneto.

I expected like a 6/10 movie, but it's a 4/10
>>
File: 175915-psylocke_400.jpg (53 KB, 372x585) Image search: [Google]
175915-psylocke_400.jpg
53 KB, 372x585
>>83229567
>>Wasted Psylock

I wasn't expecting a lot but I was certainly expecting more than superfluous hench girl.

Why even take a hero and make her a horseman at all if you're not gonna develop it at all.
>>
>>83230505

>4/10

Okay Bret
>>
File: 1464313636950.jpg (67 KB, 680x816) Image search: [Google]
1464313636950.jpg
67 KB, 680x816
>>83228890
>DoFP was GREAT
DoFP was retarded from the first scene where they explained they got the Sentinel powers from Mystique and not Darwin.
>>
>>83227928
>Why didn't people like it?

Everything sucked

Apocalypse sucked, Prof X sucked, Jean sucked, Beast sucked, Magneto sucked, Mystique sucked, Storm sucked, everything sucked
>>
>>83230578
How would they get them from Darwin?
Vaughn killed Darwin.
>>
Holy shit guys why is the after credits scene taking so long to appear like goddamn I want some Essex HYPE now
>>
>>83229578
If that was the case shouldn't it be getting average reviews?
>>
>>83230238
The scene was fine and I always like seeing Wolverine killing random soldiers, but it really didn't matter much in the movie's plot and that time could have been better spent giving the main X-Characters or (god forbid) the Horsemen some actual character development.
>>
>>83230661
It's sitting on a 5.6 on RT, 53 on Metacritic. That's pretty average
>>
>Everyone is wearing all black
>Mystique isn't in her natural form

oh boy, another cape movie that isn't sure who to appeal to.
>>
>>83230602
Which was completely retarded.
>adapted to survive and all
>is the only casualty

ayy
>>
>>83227928
I just hated how fucking long it took to get started.

This movie could have easily been 45 minutes shorter with absolutely nothing pertinent to the plot removed.
>>
>>83230745
>>Everyone is wearing all black
This has been a problem for fifteen years. Fifteen years and they still keep making the same mistake, even after flashy costumes became acceptable over the years.
Who's decision was that and why can't they be industry-blacklisted for being so terrible at their job?
>>
>>83230730
You'd think so, but the education system and a slew of other review sites point out that "average" is apparently in the 70s/100 range.
>>
>>83227928
Everyone I know liked it. Granted, they're filthy casuals. I liked it too tho
>>
>>83230817
Well, blame IGN for that. To me it's more like
>8-10 - GOAT
>6-8 - good
>4-6 - average
>2-4 - bad, skip it at the cinema, wait till torrent
>0-2 - holy shit this is so terrible you need to watch it ASAP
And that kids, is why Battleship was the greatest cinema experience I ever had
>>
Why is Peter worried about telling Erik who he is to him

Wouldn't that have made his dad intervene before Apocalypse told him to break a leg out there
>>
>>83229867
it'd be hard not to laugh at least a lil bit at how they died
>accidentally killed with the same arrow a police officer accidentally shot while being pecked at by a bird
>>
>>83227928
It's just okay I guess.
>>
>>83227928
It's entertaining and I liked it, but it's got the weakest plot of all X-Men movies (Well, third worst after X-3 and Origins). It's literally Age of Ultron: A bad guy emerges and is evil with weak, survival of the fittest motivations, attempts to switch to a stronger body but is foiled and then beaten by the heroes combined.

I still liked it a lot better than AoU though.
>>
>>83230578
DOFP was the best comic book movie of its year and it's better than Civil War.
>>
>Not muh Disney

>I'm a dumbass and I was expecting a funbuzzword family-friendly movie.

>I don't like X-Men.

>I'm a "personal hateboner for a particular actor" shitposter.

Assuming you like the genre generally, you only get 4 dumbass reasons for not liking the movie.

Trying to pretend like you have some other reason doesn't fly, so tell us all which of the four categories you fall into.
>>
>>83228860
I'm with you, after 2 I was officially done watching these any way other than shitty little streaming sites. Just shit which is sad cause Jackman really is a great wolverine.
>>
>>83229516
every time they even use the same "memes" to attack whatever blockbuster they're up against
>>
>>83232357

I have a boner for Jennifer Lawrence. I want her to tell me I should be ashamed of myself after jacking off to her
>>
>>83232390
>Hugh Jackman Wolverine will never show up in the MCU, will never bluntly banter with Tony, will never be unimpressed by Cap, will never fight Hulk
>>
>>83229867
It was acted well, maybe, but I thought it was as by the numbers as it could get. Magneto was happy and living with a family, and BAM, flascans kill them to give him motivation. So he'll kill all humans, until he realises he'd be killing every else he loved and is still alive.

The only good part about it was that he clearly turns back not because of what Mystique tells him, but when he sees Quicksilver. He clearly knows he's his father when he says "...and you?" and even if the other is not ready to admit it, just seeing him makes his become aware he's still got something to stand for.
>>
>>83232357
I won't say the movie is great, thought I liked it. but that it's got an RT score of 40-50% while Civil War's got above 90 is just ridiculous.
>>
>>83232439

>Patrick Stewart and Ian McKellen are done being Xavier and Magneto
>>
>>83232357
How about the
>it was shitty because half the cast clearly didn't want to be there, it was a cut and paste job of scenes, and the half of the cast that did show up were all on different movies
reason?
>>
File: 1438654778727.jpg (341 KB, 2000x1189) Image search: [Google]
1438654778727.jpg
341 KB, 2000x1189
>>83227928
Because no one likes a dumpster fire, except pyros. And they don't count obviously.

this is as good an analogy as you will get.
>>
>>83232500
I see right through you dude
>>
>>83232491
>we are already two live-action Spidermen separated from Toby-spidey
where did the time go
>>
>>83232500
STATION
>>
File: 1438493636456.jpg (268 KB, 800x1144) Image search: [Google]
1438493636456.jpg
268 KB, 800x1144
>>83232565
Then you already know what is beneath
>>
>>83229867
>Weird that he is so happy at the end of the movie, because his life he built over ten years is still completely destroyed.
This. Does anyone else think it'd have been better if the death of his family was kind of like, the point of no return? I mean, keep the part where he decides do help to X Men against Apocalypse at the end, but instead of Magneto being friendly towards everyone just show him going away now fully sure of his beliefs, cutting ties with Xavier's team once and for all.
>>
>>83230004
>Why does Storm's hair have to turn white? How does she have white hair in the other movies then?
>Why does Charles going bald have to be a "thing" that's caused by the villain?
why not
>>
>>83227928
Girls were laughing behind me when they realize apocalypse was manlet
>>
>>83232636
epic meme dude
>>
>>83232499
>half the cast didn't want to be there
>the other cast members are in different movies

You read press articles about this movie and learned what talking points to repeat and you saw amazing character development that can't be beat in some other cape movie, amirite?

Marvel Movie Universe shitposter or nah?
>>
>>83230962
>Blame IGN for the grading in the education system.

Anon, 59 is the absolute highest for an F grade, which is considered failing instead of 9 points above average.
>>
File: 1433736583834.jpg (53 KB, 599x489) Image search: [Google]
1433736583834.jpg
53 KB, 599x489
>>83227928
The conspiracy theorists are full of shit. However I am totally convinced there is a cultural bias when it comes the the "superhero movie".
>>
Even Jennifer Lawrence wasn't that bad.
>>
>>83232704
No, I saw the movie last week. Fassbender fucking phoned it in man. Every scene where he was in Egypt he literally looked like he didn't want to be there. The part where Mystique and Quicksilver are trying to work out how to break through his magnetic field or whatever the fuck it was, there's a shot where he turns to them, and it literally looks like he's fallen asleep. McAvoy was the only one that did shit in the entire movie, and even he kept getting sidelined by other people.
>>
File: magneto_mid.jpg (132 KB, 550x543) Image search: [Google]
magneto_mid.jpg
132 KB, 550x543
>>83232604
Agreed
>>
>>83229474
They should've kept the First Class guy.
>>
>>83232759
Went in expecting Felicity.
Turns out that, apart from a few scenes when other characters tell her they think she's great and she's like "...I'm really not", she doesn't do much.
In fact, she makes her move and is taken out of the final battle just like Wolverine in DOFP, and /co/ also bitched that DOFP was a full Wolverine movie.
>>
>>83232707
Americans have a weird grading system
>>
>>83232807
god forbid magneto not be reformed in time for new mutants that worked out so well for the franchise.
>>
>>83232742
Cape movies are entertaining, but none of them are especially great. However, people do tend to praise Mavel Studios films a little more than they deserve, and thrash other studios' movies a little more than they deserve as well.

That's not to say all movies are good. I thought BvS was complete garbage. But I think this was better than Age of Ultron, and AoU has a 75 score in RT.
>>
If you're pretending the last like 3 X men movies were anything above a 60 you're just lying to yourself or you watch shit like mortal kombat 2 every day. Even by super hero movie standards it was bad, i would take age of ultron, Thor or BvS over xmen all day. They got decent casting with 4 characters the rest are shit. Everything after the first just feels b rate "this is my big break" style not just for the actors but costumers, writers, everybody. It seems like they try but nothing comes off as organic.
>>
Apocalypse was really good. I enjoyed it much more than I thought especially going in with such low expectations.

DOFP > Apocalypse > First Class
X2 > Xmen > X-men 3: The Last Stand

Going back and watching it First Class aged terribly

You want painfully obvious dialogue? First Class

You want characters wasted? First Class

It had great costumes but there's no emotion or tension behind those visuals until the end where they're all at the beach.

You lied to me /co/ you said it was going to be awful.
>>
File: thisis it.png (40 KB, 392x200) Image search: [Google]
thisis it.png
40 KB, 392x200
>>83232935
couldn't have typed it better myself.
>>
>>83232961
DOFP is the best superhero movie that's come out in the last five years at least.
>>
>>83232961
Marveldrone #72
>>
>>83232439
Ok what if by some unlikely asspull Wolverine is allowed into the MCU, hes a project of weapon of weapon X that gave him the healing factor/adamantium claws, and is never directly called a mutant, would that be acceptable?
>>
>>83233131
Why bother posting even
>>
>>83228860
Apocalypse isn't as good cause it's a full Singer film. DofP was only half Singer.
>>
I liked, it i just wish it was as comfy as this ad made me feel.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_kniQrk9jw0

Dat stan the man cameo doe
>>
File: 1428030862688.jpg (21 KB, 500x398) Image search: [Google]
1428030862688.jpg
21 KB, 500x398
>>83233215
who directed the other parts of Dofp?
>>
>>83233149
Close enough, but in the end all marvel characters should be property of marvel's studio, no more Sony Spiderman no more Fant4astic shit no more FoX-men, it all needs to go home.
>>
>>83233234
Pre-production was under Mathew Vaughn. Singer came in just to film it.
>>
File: 1313282619443.jpg (35 KB, 533x399) Image search: [Google]
1313282619443.jpg
35 KB, 533x399
>>83233264
Categorically false
>>
Angel's recruitment scene was so good. The elements of body horror were really cool. Plus, dat Four Horsemen playing
>>
>>83233155
What do you mean? >>83233215
>>
>>83233306
Cool, show me your sources.
>>
>>83233247
I mean Im fine with where the X Men are right now, and I dont think you could properly introduce them at this point anyway. In fact Wolverine is the only mutant I would care to see interact with the MCU characters. Fantastic Four on the other hand would work nicely. And for what its worth Spider Man is pretty much back anyway
>>
>>83233316
>>83233264
>>
>>83233330
Show yours, if you're making the claim.
>>
Even fucking Jeremy Jahns was tired of Jennifer Lawrence and he likes everything except the most egregiously horrendous movies
>>
File: 1313282652492.jpg (73 KB, 300x400) Image search: [Google]
1313282652492.jpg
73 KB, 300x400
>>83233330
>says the fag arguing with the credit on a movie

burden of proof is on you since, well you know you just made that up...
>>
>>83233367
I asked you first.

Vaughn left DofP before it started shooting to do Kingsman. I think we are better for it.
>>
File: +.png (307 KB, 340x512) Image search: [Google]
+.png
307 KB, 340x512
>>83233330
In October 2012, Vaughn left the role of director to focus on Mark Millar's Kingsman: The Secret Service (2014).[64] Singer was later announced as the film's director; it was his third directorial role in the X-Men film series.[65] In preparation for the film, Singer approached James Cameron to discuss time travel, string theory and multiverses.[66] In the same month, Richard Stammers was approached to be the visual effects supervisor, as Singer liked his work in the 2012 film Prometheus.[67]
>>
>>83233370
But Jennifer Lawrence isn't even in the movie that much time.
>>
File: 6nzYzZ6.gif (146 KB, 400x324) Image search: [Google]
6nzYzZ6.gif
146 KB, 400x324
>>83233412
so you were lying thanks for clearing that up
>>
>>83233412
You say Vaughn directed parts of DOFP even though he's not credited. unless you can prove that, there is no discussion.
>>
>>83233370
He kind of downplayed it but yeah people are starting to pick up on it. Its kind of fucked up shes the mutant hero because she chose not to murder someone and Charles is isnt on her level
>>
File: 1455262644650.jpg (678 KB, 3192x2124) Image search: [Google]
1455262644650.jpg
678 KB, 3192x2124
>>83233412
>I asked you first

kid your lost.
>>
>>83233419
>In preparation for the film, Singer approached James Cameron to discuss time travel, string theory and multiverses.

Why? That's like going to Donald Trump wanting to discuss African American culture.
>>
>>83233463
he left the project early on it is well known to anyone who follows capeshit.
>>
>>83227928

The problem as I see it was that this movie was inconsequential.

We all knew who was going to survive and that the world wasn't going to end and no real changes would be present.

DOFP was a first since it was the first superhero travel movie. They played it too safely with Apocalypse.
>>
File: JACK NO.jpg (47 KB, 590x527) Image search: [Google]
JACK NO.jpg
47 KB, 590x527
>>83233507
You know exactly what you're doing with a post like that.
Don't.
>>
>>83232759
>>83233423
These. I personally went in expecting much worse, like this anon >>83232815 said.
>>
>>83233485
She's the mutant hero because she saved the President of the US. And she herself cannot emphasize enough the fact that she's really no hero and that it's all blown out of proportion. I thought her part was adequate and that she wasn't the focus.
Sadly, there is no much character-driven focus on the movie. It's all just a "let's beat the bad guy". For a moment I thought the movie would focus on Jean and her fears, or Xavier's blind optimism that doesn't let him see there are bad people out to hurt them out there, not even Cyclops, who seems to be a protagonist at the beginning and has his brother killed, but is more or less just along for the ride.
I liked the movie, but compared to DOFP it was rather weak.
>>
>>83233667
I liked that it was a simple "let's beat the bad guy" movie.

After DOFP, First Class and the other xmen movies it was refreshing to have one big dumb apocalypse movie.
>>
File: All-New X-Men 016-014.jpg (124 KB, 901x385) Image search: [Google]
All-New X-Men 016-014.jpg
124 KB, 901x385
>>83233542
>source is "everyone knows that"
>>
Also Apocalypse is kinda one of the weakest X-men villains, even if he's kind of iconic.

He jobs in every appearance he gets, or loses thanks to a retarded plot device. For a guy that's supposed to be all-powerful he doesn't seem that all powerful. Also it was retarded to give him teleportation skills and that weird matter transmutation. Why didn't he use those teleportation skills and the transmutation to make all the x-men fall into mud and asphixiate instead of going CQC against them. I guess that's the reason you can't make your villains TOO strong
>>
File: 1428646716164.jpg (70 KB, 618x618) Image search: [Google]
1428646716164.jpg
70 KB, 618x618
>>83233843
>>83233419
>>
>>83231180
Did you watch the movie?
>>
>>83230352
the first one was decent
>>
>>83233959
If you want to think so, I can't stop you.
>>
>>83233893
> I know, if I use memes, I will be right!
>>
>Why didn't people like it?
7.6/10 on imdb, 47% on Rotten Tomatoes, 52% on Metacritic

Seems about right. Nothing particularly harsh, just really middle-of-the-road, decent enough scores. It wasn't a bad movie, but it didn't do anything new or really anything especially well. It was fine.

I would have liked to see more of the young mutants playing off eachother, less Magneto, less Mystique blandness and less Apocalypse collecting horsemen. But what can you do? It's a movie about a scary world-ending mutant, so obviously you need to spend time on the big-bad even if it's kinda boring.
>>
>>83229218
When four horsemen was playing it took everything I had not to laugh. I loved it
>>
File: 1428957616419.jpg (2 MB, 1268x1529) Image search: [Google]
1428957616419.jpg
2 MB, 1268x1529
>>83234045
here's your (you)
>>
>>83234111
>I would have liked to see more of the young mutants playing off eachother,
Same here. I actually didn't mind the casting, and I hope we eventually get to see the mall scenes that were cut.
>>
>>83229567
>Storm suddenly changed side because Apocalypse was about to kill her "hero"
>>
>>83234111
More or less agree with you.

Trailers completely baited me into thinking that Jubilee would be a lot more relevant in the movie so I'm pretty bummed out by that. Same with Psylocke just being pretty bland all around.

I'm cool with Scott and Jean. Can kinda understand Storm being on the fence with supporting Apocalypse vs Mystique, love nightcrawler, but hate how Angel was the ultimate jobber.

And I'm sick of Mystique at this point
>>
>>83233880
>Why didn't he use those teleportation skills and the transmutation to make all the x-men fall into mud and asphixiate instead of going CQC against them
like you said, retarded plot devices
>>
So will Magneto just get away scot-free after fucking that much shit up and potentially killing thousands?
>>
>>83235232
He'll get away scot free because it was reported that he saved the day
>>
Jesus fuck this exchange was hard to follow. I'm gonna summarize it for the sake of my own mental health, and in case some other poor soul tries to read this thread.

>>83233215 is correct, but misleading
>>83233234 assumes Vaughn directed part of the movie based on above post
>>83233264 clarifies Vaughn didn't ever direct
>>83233306 says that's false. (It's not)
>>83233330 asks wrong guy for source on his wrongness
>>83233367 says right guy should provide source first
>>83233400 agrees that right guy should provide his source first
>>83233412 says he asked first (like a child would), is still the correct one
>>83233419 quotes a source and provides the answer, finally(without actually linking to the source which is collider .com/bryan-singer-x-men-first-class-2-sequel/)
>>83233450 says right guy was lying
>>83233463 calls the right guy out for not proving anything
>>83233542 right guy is still right, but doesn't cite the source to prove his point which would make all this go away
>>83233843 is still looking for a source even though it's already in the thread
>>83233893 decides to meme rather than respond like an adult
>>83234045 calls out retarded memery, but implies he's wrong, which if I'm following correctly he's the guy who was right all along
>>83234192 replies with more memeing

So, in summary, right guy was right but acted like he was wrong which made this all fucking confusing.
>>
>>83235305
Whenever I see an exchange like this, I just assume it's two anons furiously masturbating to one another and ignore it.
>>
File: photoshopclassone.jpg (62 KB, 600x887) Image search: [Google]
photoshopclassone.jpg
62 KB, 600x887
>>83227928
Fox has a shitty marketing department. They should've drummed up the Marvel connection. I went to see Civil War with 8 other guys and for Xmen there were just 3 of us. One of the faggots outright said that if it's not connected to Avengers, why should I bother?
>>
>>83235512
Well he's sort of right and He shouldn't bother

Because he's a stupid faggot
>>
>>83235556
I'm sorry that X-men movies aren't very good, you're clearly taking it pretty hard.
>>
>>83227928
>Movie Nightcrawler.
>Ever anything but butchered.

I fucking disagree.
>>
>>83235600
Oh that's okay I suppose this will be just like The Wolverine. Where I really enjoy it but other people don't.

I'm sorry Marvel doesn't have the film rights to Xmen, Anon. I'm sorry you won't get your Marvel Xmen movie or Wolverine in the Avengers.
>>
>>83235232
Don't forget Storm
>>
Okay so:

FUCKING SPACE NUKES.

They're just floatin' around in space n' shit.
In real life I wager that'd begin an immediate arms race again to produce more nukes immediately. To say nothing of the governments immediately trying to psychic proof their bunkers.
>>
>>83227928
3rd act was shit, and we're just suppose to up and forget that Magneto killed millions in the end.
>>
>>83235791
Did they detonate them? Send them into the sun?
>>
>>83235791
To be fair, Xavier did say that every major goverment had already started producing nukes again.
>>
>>83227928

Because they're just churning this shit out to retain the rights and are playing fast and loose with their own continuity. They're becoming increasingly less concerned with making a genuinely good movie ala X2 than they are anything less than billion dollars at the box office.
>>
>>83235731
It's kind of crazy, isn't it? I remember reading a Reader's Digest (remember that?) article shortly after Xmen1 came out talking about all the film studios who were quickly snapping up properties to every character they could, and here we are years later with all these characters still separated because of deals struck in 2000.
Back then though, I remember seeing shit like "fantastic 4 movie coming soon?" and thinking 'no way will any of this shit ever make it to the big screen', but then here we are in cape-world '16.
>>
>>83232500
What's going on in here? The monkey-man looks real
>>
>>83236524
ITS CHINESE PORN THIS IS WHAT THEY REALLY, REALLY LOOK LIKE.

Okay first of all- damn.
You must be new, seriously.
That's like a tremendously old internet image.
It's from...like an album?
Shit I don't even remember dude. But they're a series of stills.
>>
>>83236632

Not the same guy but I'm old as fuck and have never been able to track down the origin of those photos. Always thought it was some weird German ET porn.
>>
>>83235799
>We're supposed to forget Magneto killed thousands
When was it ever implied that Magneto is not a villain? He just happens to be a villain who's besties with the heroes' leader, and he himself forgives the murder of flatscans because God dammit there's so many of them. When he attempts to kill all humans again, the X-Men will stop him.
>>
Where do they go from here though?

I know Old Man Logan is next year but that's separate. And the stinger sets up Mr. Sinister so I assume he's the next villain
>>
>>83238627
I would've liked them to go to space. Bring on the Shi'ar Empire. But with Infinity War coming to Marvel Studio movies I think they thought it would look too similar.
So, Mr. Sinister, Sauron and the Savage Land? That works too.
>>
>>83238653
>they thought it would look too similar
Fuck that, just do it anyway.
>>
>>83233507

He went to Cameron because Cameron made Terminator, which was a pretty successful rip off of Days of Future Past.
>>
>>83227928
Some people didn't like it, some people did like it.
Quite a majority hasn't seen it and never will.

I liked it, fun romp.
>>
>>83228890
I agree. DOFP > AP >FC > Rest
Albeit I liked Apocalypse better, but it's probably because I watched DOFP too many times
>>
>>83227928
>had great performances,
Oh yeah. I really felt Psylocke's internal struggle.
>>
>>83233028
Not to mention that the black dude dies first rule is employed with a mutant that should be unkillable.
Fuck Vaughn
>>
>>83235232
killed thousands, saved the entire world
>>
>>83238960
Like Ant-Man's. Oh, they stuffed me in a van to grow large and spout random jokes.
>>
>>83233959
how old are you
>>
>>83238960

I'd feel her internal struggle
>>
>>83231141

Dude, right? What a wasted moment to give Magneto something after losing everything!
>>
>>83232604

He should've just made Asteroid M while fucking up the planet
>>
>>83238956
X2 = DOFP > Apocalypse > X-men > First Class > X-men 3+The Wolverine
>>
>>83240261
X2 slightly higher, X-Men slightly lower.
>>
>>83240286
Over First Class? I disagree.

I think FC was weaker than the first X-men.

>X2 slightly higher
It's at the top for a reason

Honestly I like all of them minus X3, and they all have their individual strengths and weaknesses.

The Wolverine sort of following Last Stand and placing itself in between Last Stand and DOFP makes watching X3 bearable for me.
>>
>Wolverine part
>No Sabertooth

I don't know what I expected
>>
>>83240480

>Honestly I like all of them minus X3

You liked Origins?
>>
>>83230661
Seriously? People gave "age of ultron" 10/10 that was almost as bad as Xmen 3
>>
>>83227928
It was just okay. I feel like Apocalypse is a flawed villain simply because he doesn't really have much personality. He's just this force of nature that wakes up and tries to end the world because that's what he does. Compare that to the depth they put into Magneto and Apocalypse just falls flat as a villain.

And apart from Magneto, it was hard to buy into any of his horsemen. Did they have free will or not? We were never led to believe that he was mind controlling them (and a major plot-point was that he did NOT have the ability to control minds, and wanted it) but neither were we shown any good reason any of the horsemen would go along with his plan to destroy the world. Later when Storm does a heel/face turn are we given any reason for it? Here we have a character that decided to help a guy destroy the world, then changed her mind and helped stop him, all without giving us a single goddamn reason. And then there are apparently no consequences, emotional or otherwise, for her. In fact, her situation improved markedly from the beginning of the film to the end, and there's no indication that she's been at all traumatized by her decision to help try to kill billions.

Angel and Psilocke were just non-characters, throw-away bad guys, which is too bad; the whole point of Angel becoming Death is that he had been a friend and teamate to the other characters, but they didn't do that at all, which makes him fairly pointless.

The plot was generally coherent if uninteresting. That's important: too many superhero movies have plots that just make no fucking sense at all, so the fact that this one takes us from a to b to c in a reasonable way is important. I have some quibbles: why did Apocalypse feel the need to force Prof X to send a message to the whole world when he was planning on taking his powers anyway? Why draw all that attention to himself BEFORE becoming unstoppable? Fairly minor gripe, that; it could easily be attributed to typical villain arrogance.
>>
>>83240566
Never watched Origins.

Didn't seem all that connected to the others either.
>>
>>83227928
>didn't butcher any characters

Maybe so, but Havok and Angel certainly didn't deserve what they got.
>>
>>83240825

>Did they have free will or not? We were never led to believe that he was mind controlling them (and a major plot-point was that he did NOT have the ability to control minds, and wanted it

He absolutely had some measure of control over his Horseman. When he changed Storm her personality changed completely.

>oo many superhero movies have plots that just make no fucking sense at all, so the fact that this one takes us from a to b to c in a reasonable way is important

It was hilariously simple in a way I actually appreciated.

>bad guy wakes up
>wants good guy's powers, kidnaps him
>kid squad has to save him
>the end
>>
File: vlcsnap-2016-05-28-05h51m51s078.png (178 KB, 624x272) Image search: [Google]
vlcsnap-2016-05-28-05h51m51s078.png
178 KB, 624x272
seriously though what did he mean by this
>>
>>83227928
>everything but Jennifer Lawrence was good or great
??? olivia munn...two fucking lines. apocalypse a sad manlet with huge psychic powers, but hey he needs xavier. jean grey--- dumb koolaid redhead dick killer. Stupid plot, hey look in 1000000 years the sun never hits the fucking thing with apocalypse.... and go on...and onn
>>
>>83240882
Dark phoenix
>>
>>83240874
>He absolutely had some measure of control over his Horseman. When he changed Storm her personality changed completely.
It wasn't clear, and it wasn't consistent. Why were Magneto and Storm able to rebel against him at the end? Why didn't Angel and Psilocke? Magneto was basically just convinced to change sides again, nobody had to break through Apocalypse's mental domination or anything, every change in him was justified by dialogue and acting. They could have easily had a line or two about how Prof X/Jean had to chip away at Apocalypse's conditioning before Storm/Magneto were able to be reasoned with.
>>
>>83240640
>People gave "age of ultron" 10/10
x men apocalypse 5/10
>>
>>83240882
When she became phoneix the fire burned her clothes off. He's been watching GoT wanting to see her tits for 7 years and he's just happy he got the opportunity.
>>
>>83240825
>The plot was generally coherent if uninteresting
alrighty then..please explain mystique-strider thing, please
>>
>>83240943
We get that he then understood she could fuck his day up, but "All is revealed" implies some sort of behind the scenes plan he had or some shit, which the audience knew nothing about. Was his plan to make something stronger than himself surface and do what he couldn't? Clearly Jean's dreams don't match the footage of destruction we see in the movie, and the "apocalypse" she is seeing is the one she causes.
>>
>>83227928
this shit is download worthy, but not in 1000 years ticket price worthy. co/ just this time dont be stupid.
>>
File: pstrugglocke.jpg (78 KB, 470x470) Image search: [Google]
pstrugglocke.jpg
78 KB, 470x470
>>
>>83240825
He didn't want to destroy the world but he wanted to wipe it clean and start over presumably making it like Ancient Egypt.

I thought for a character like Apocalypse whose always been pretty hokey and one dimensional his character depth was fine. They hinted at his anger over being defeated by lesser beings and their tools during the Nuke scene.

His old Horseman probably followed him because they genuinely believed his crazy bs, to the point where one mutant sacrifices her life to keep him from harm.

As for the new Horsemen:
Psylocke wanted the power boost
Magneto was there for vengeance
After she gets the boost Storm bought into his crazy bs up until she sees her hero fight him.
Angel was there because his wings were fixed and he just wanted to fight

>force Prof X to send a message to the whole world when he was planning on taking his powers anyway? Why draw all that attention to himself BEFORE becoming unstoppable?
Because like Magneto, Apocalypse is fond of making big dumb speeches that fuel his delusions of godhood/grandeur

In his mind no one would stop him anyway so why not bask before his plan would work
>>
>>83227928
this was worse than the godfather 3 and x men 3
>>
>>83240971

A plot hole. Those aren't the end of the world anon, a couple plot holes don't somehow ruin an entire movie.
>>
>>83240869
Havok had a good run compared to the other guys not named Charles, Raven, Erik and Hank.

Angel died and had her Autopsy picture in Trask's vault along with Azazel. Maybe they died during the whole Kennedy incident that also got a remorseful Erik to surrender and be taken as a prisoner under the Pentagon.

I can only assume Banshee died in Nam since he'd fit that draft age and he would never survive a war like that.

Darwin doesn't even survive First Class, White Queen is dead and good riddance, and nobody even remember Riptide to mention if he died or not
>>
>>83227928
Fox a shit, DC a shit, Marvel a best...now, get it yet?
>>
I though /co/ hates Olivia Munn?
>>
>>83241006
>A plot hole
An important plot hole with the two more important characters of the serie. DOFP was a hit just because Lord jackman. and mystique is the mary sue of the new narrative
>>
>>83241123

>Mystique
>mary sue

What? The entire fucking point of DOFP was how wrong she was and how her actions would cause the end of the damn world.
>>
>>83241108
well i dont. i love her. babymakers the newsroom ... buffff, even magic mike. She was hot as fuck as psylocke, but that is the problem, psylocke quicksilver and weaponx are the only good things about this movie.
>>
>>83241123
>and mystique is the mary sue of the new narrative
ergo... xmen apocalypse
>>
Y'know what was weird? They had set up that Psylocke was jealous of Raven but there wasn't really a Psylocke vs Mystique fight near the end.

>>83241149
I can't even get mad at other mutants looking up to her.

Because her actions that were captured on film had an effect on the young Mutants growing during or after that time.
>>
>>83241190
sorry all co/ but i just hate chunky mystique. my mystique is fit and tall. thank you very much.
>>
>>83241212
>chunky mystique
chunkstique????
>>
>>83241207

>I can't even get mad at other mutants looking up to her.

It was fine in context and made sense in the narrative Singer had set up with DOFP.

I'm not crazy about JLaw's Mystique but her use in this movie made complete sense. She's barely in the damn movie, I'm pretty sure Moira had more screentime then her.
>>
>>83241247
>She's barely in the damn movie
sucks when the fucking millionaire actors stop caring completely. The same shit with paltrow and portman. if you are not up for the task from start to end wtf
>>
>>83241297

I mean if I was Portman I would be pissed too. She's a walking plot device in Thor 2, that character is worthless in the context of the narrative.
>>
>>83241247
>I'm pretty sure Moira had more screentime
Seeing as how I liked Rose Byrne as Moira I'm fine with that.

I have to hand it to them in commiting to the idea of a good Mystique but just like Magneto the fatigue is starting to set in especially when she insists on being the same blonde girl (due to Jen's make up issue)

If she's really interested in being back again then she needs to be given a smaller role going forward

It will ease that fatigue somewhat as well as get around the makeup issue since she'd only be wearing it during her few scenes.
>>
>>83241321
>She's a walking plot device in Thor 2
Better than a plot-something like lois in BvS. Sorry anon, i fucking hate Whor, but with nat portman As whor i would pay the ticket
>>
>>83241376

I like Portman a lot, but she's one of those actors where you can really tell when they're bored or angry with the material.

The acting quality drop from Thor to The Dark World was staggering. She went from cute and fun to "pls kill me now, pls help me escape"

>>83241322

>Seeing as how I liked Rose Byrne as Moira I'm fine with that.

I'm pretty sure it's impossible to dislike Rose Byrne.

>If she's really interested in being back again then she needs to be given a smaller role going forward

Isn't that exactly what Apocalypse was? She basically disappeared for 80% of the movie so the new kids could have screentime.
>>
>>83240825
Nigga, look the fucking movie again because you missed a lot of shit.

Apocalypse doesn't just want to end the world, he's a fucker who believes that the strong should prevail (and obviously think he's the strongest around) and so he tries to wipe away the puny human race who stole the his place as master.

Concerning the horsemen, he has no mind control over them, he just gives power boost and is good at manipulating them, and again, they weren't helping destroying the world, they were helping making a mutant world were the strong rules (or at least this is what big A made them believe).
About their personal motivations:
Magneto wants revenge for his fallen family.
Angel is an alcool addicted hooligan who lives to fight (and craves revenge on Nightcrawler who burnt his wings).
Psylocke is just a mercenary, and when her chief is killed she just goes away.
Storm is a street rat who risks her life everyday to survive and idolizes Mystique, "the hero of mutant race". She changes her mind when sees Apocalypse trying to kill Mystique, and then joins the good team.

In the end, Apocalypse is an arrogant fuck who is used at being worshipped as a god, when he disarmed the world's whole nuclear arsenal and was ready to unleash Magneto's power to wipe away the weak, he felt the urge to have everybody know that the true god was back and that the destruction that was coming was all his doing.
>>
>>83227928
I liked it a lot.
>>
>>83241516
I didn't miss any of that and I didn't hate the movie, so dial down your fanboy rage, alright?
>>
>>83241087
>Havok had a good run compared to the other guys not named Charles, Raven, Erik and Hank.
And they killed him. In the most stupid way.
Killing Havok makes me doubt to see Summers-centric movie with the brothers facing Emperor Vulcan.
Inb4Singer will make Sinister clone Havok, except with replacing him for another twink.
>>
>>83241449
>I like Portman a lot, but she's one of those actors where you can really tell when they're bored or angry with the material.
>The acting quality drop from Thor to The Dark World was staggering. She went from cute and fun to "pls kill me now, pls help me escape"
The worst part is not that she was bored of her role being not action one (reason why Paltrow is unwilling to return) or because angry with material. It's because the female director she wanted to direct Thor 2 resigned for schedule reasons, as she was making something else.
>>
>>83227928
I thought it was rather jumbled and none of the performances really stuck out to me. Overall, I didn't think it was bad, just forgettable. I definitely don't see myself or my friends discussing this movie for months the way we still argue over BvS and discuss Civil War.
>>
>>83241449
Yeah but even more...less.

Like I said fatigue is setting in on folks and as much as I like Mystique (and I liked her here) I'm starting to get it too

What could they do with her anyway? Now that she currently trains the Xmen where does she go from there?
>>
>>83230578
DoFP is the second greatest comic book film of all time.
>>
>>83232759
This. It's kinda weird with how much /co/ was shitting on her when she was barely in it besides "muh hero" and she doesn't even do much beyond piggyback on her rep from DOFP.
>>
>>83240825
The answers to your question was implied and with careful movie watching you can understand the motives behind the horsemen and Apocalypse.

Storm and Angel are kids who are idiots. They followed the guy who promised them a better life and/or made their superpowers stronger. For Angel this was particularly convincing since he just lost he wings. Psylocke is a mutant for hire and Apocalypse promised her a better job. Magneto had lost faith in humanity. Apocalypse doesn't need to be a mind controller, he just has the power to give the mutants what they want and knows which emotional buttons to push.

Storm did an about face when she saw that her hero was against Apocalypse and was about to die.

The two things that pissed me off was the fact that the fight scenes were underwhelming, ended with the Dues ex Phoenix and the little bit with cyclops. I don't give a fuck how he got to the school and it was a waste of time putting his stuff there.
>>
I enjoyed it.

JLaw's shtick has gotten old though. Her entire performance stank of contractual obligation.
>>
>>83241778

>Now that she currently trains the Xmen where does she go from there?

Just keep as one of the teachers and let her be sort of a background character.
>>
>>83241813
Actually, three things made me angry. The ones mentioned abouve (Underwhelming fight scenes and Dues Ex Phoenix) and Hank/McCoy aka absolutely useless and fucking ugly make up. Jesus, just have him as a fucking teacher and stay in the back. Do you know what he contributed to the fight? He moved Scott around to get a better aim.
>>
>>83232387
Disney is just so far ahead in meme research and development it's not even fair
>>
Munn > Lawrence

Let me elaborate.
Both are horrible actresses. Horrible.
Lawrence is a little better than Munn.

However, Munn doesn't pretend to be capable of acting. She just whores herself doing just fanservice scenes. Which is why overall she provides a more entertaining experience than Lawrence who tries to be something she's not.
>>
>>83227928
>didn't butcher any characters

>evil Angel and Psylocke
>>
>>83229474
>>83232813
We were headed in the right direction, but I'm really not looking forward to yet another Singer X-Men movie
>>
Don't listen to weaklings. Come and see.
>>
>>83241651
>I just pretended to be retarded
>>
>>83240991
Too late, /co/ likes civil war
>>
>>83227928
Movie was good.
>>
File: January-Jones-X-Men_413.jpg (71 KB, 612x904) Image search: [Google]
January-Jones-X-Men_413.jpg
71 KB, 612x904
>>83242551
Both are not as bad as pic related.
>>
>>83242660
As much as I like DoFP, Singer is extremely stubborn regarding these movies, it's literally his way or no way. Why else do you think he killed all the none-important characters, disbanded the X-men, de-beast Beast and get Xavier out of the wheelchair just so he could be the one to direct those significant events.

First Class was by no means perfect but I would've loved to have seen what Vaughns vision for the franchise would've looked.
>>
>>83242979
Yes. But at least in FC she just provided fanservice.
>>
>>83243184
But unlike Munn she's so terrible that it gets in the way of the fan service

She has one bland tone and the same bored face the whole movie and up against that well at least Munn can make facial expressions.
>>
>>83243405
As long as we agree that bad "actresses" should just stick to try being successful glorified whores instead of being "artsy".
>>
How was Cyclops and how was Jean?

I have no interest in seeing this anymore. DOFP was pretty good but the the trailers for this looked boring and Apocalypse looks like ass and I heard he's got sand powers. Oh and FUCK Mystique being "the X-Man".
>>
I don't think there's an MCU fan and a FOX fan, rather a Marvel fan. And as a Marvelfag I found the movie flawed but super fun. I believe Civil War was a better film in technical level but X-Men Apoc was more fan.
>>
>>83243514
They're fine.
>>
>>83243128
>Why else do you think he killed all the none-important characters, disbanded the X-men, de-beast Beast and get Xavier out of the wheelchair just so he could be the one to direct those significant events.
I can't stand when shit like that happens. People mess things up on purpose and expect to praised when they clean it up. I really don't want Singer to stay, since we already know that he's extremely weak when it comes to O5 characterization. Now all we have left is the O5, minus Twinkman who would be right up Singer's alley.
>>
>>83232707

Yeah but getting half the answers right isn't average, its just getting half the answers right.
>>
>>83243482
I don't know your definition of artsy but I just think they should try more than not at all despite the fanservice-y roles.

Munn did a good job, hell Rebecca was good too in X1 and X2 but January Jones?

It was painfully obvious she didn't try and that ended up hurting her scenes and the ending to First Class.

Which is mind boggling since it's a simple "Erik, I believe"
>>
I just saw this last night. I don't understand the bad reviews at all, yeah this movie had it's shortcomings but made me feel like I'm actually seeing some of my favorite comics and my all time favorite cartoon played out in live action in front of me. I really thought this was the best cape movie I might have ever seen, it made me feel like I was watching an episode of my favorite cartoon growing up, that end scene when the sentinals came out made me so happy, the pych battle between professor and apocalypse were exactly what I see when I see an read them in a comic, yeah it has hella cheese but just like the comic and the cartoon thats what makes it what it is. I absolutely loved this movie
>>
>>83240825
Do you read comics? Apocalypse's whole deal is that he IS a force of nature thats's the fucking point, to cleanse the earth and to make only those "worthy" exist. Jesus it's like pulling teeth with you people read a fuckin book.
>>
>>83243839
Yeah I kinda marked out to the Danger Room using Sentinels.
>>
>>83243964
I bet you mark out for Roman you faggot.
>>
>>83244063
>implying I still watch wrestling
Who?
>>
>>83232331
You're delusional as fuck.
>>
>>83228890
>>83238956
>>83240261
Don't see how these are possible since First Class was better than DoFP?
>>
>>83244156
Nah he's right faggot, fuck all this grounded shit in civil war, I was fuckers controlling the magnetic fields of earth like the comics and cartoons I love and having psychic battles and eye beams and shit. The Xmen movies feel so much more like an actually movie based on a comic because they dont try to be grounded and "real"
>>
>>83244185
No it wasn't.

It was okay but to say it was the best movie or better than DOFP is a lie...or your opinion.

I don't think it holds up well.
>>
>>83243677
I meant people like Lawrence who try to present themselves as zuper impertant without being worth shit, while, someone like Munn does mostly fanservice and just works on delivering it competently.

I guess it's two things, knowing what you're good for and working on it. Failing either is blergh, but I find the people who fail the former end up being haughty as well as incompetent and thats blergh^2.
>>
>>83244258
Yes, it was though, objectively.
The only other X-Men movie better than First Class was X2. But First Class was better than DoFP. That much is certain. Not by much though.
>>
>>83244270
What the fuck does that even mean? I do not understand this board's hate of JLaw. People accuse her of being a diva and hating looking blue and wanting bigger parts but I have yet to see a single bit of proof, unlike RDJ.
>>
>>83244288
I saw both a couple days before seeing Apocalypse and I simply do not agree.
>>
>>83242979
What if the character is supposed to be a bitch cunt who doesn't give a fuck and the actress just do her job?
>>
>>83244408
Are you doubting JLaw wanting more acting-challenging/high profile roles or her being beyond incompetent for something like that?
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 27

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.