[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
JSA Storytime: Suicide Squad
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 105
Good evening owls of /co/,

NOW, the shit hits the fan
>>
>>83226770
HI OP

sigil magic won the day, JSA is going to be in everything now
>>
Ah, back when the russkies were our eternal enemies in media, and we were funding groups we would come to regret in order to fight against them.

The fall of the soviet union must've left a lot of people writing russian movie villains speechless.
>>
>>83226819

>JSA ongoing
>Legion ongoing

Holy shit, this better not be some monkey's paw shenanigans, I swear to god dog.
>>
>>83226819
I assume the Captain Atom sigils confused them and gave us an intended Atom storyline followup instead
>>
>>83226847
It's still just a word promise right now.
>>
>>83226819
Captain Atom's in his classic costume, JSA, LoSH and Thunderbolts are getting books...
Storyteller's sigil magic is too strong!
>>
>>83226770
I've been busting up all day at the dude burning the Cap book on twitter

>>83226819
let's keep sigiling furiously for what else we want, shit, can't stop now
>>
>>83226861
orlando showed us his home-made jakeem figure

you don't do that for no reason
>>
>>83226838
This is 87, so it's really not long before the end. Putin's tenure has in many ways re-established the threat of Russia in the media though.
>>
>>83226891
Storytimer please run Seaguy. You're our only hope.
>>
>>83226899
Anyone here read 1980s Outsiders?

Pozhar was the Russian dude who became half of Firestorm, as I recall
>>
>>83226929
I remember Katana's horribad costume, does that count? Because holy shit, she's had so many horrid costumes I'm glad movie Tats is a thing.
>>
>>83226902
I'm just suggesting caution, friendo. Think of Mystic U (I always wanted Jakeem in Mystic U).
>>
>>83226899
>I've been busting up all day at the dude burning the Cap book on twitter
I know. Just... JFC. The whole hivemind for this transgressive SJW shit is unbelievable. What a fucking cacophony this has generated.
>>
>>83226929
>>
>>83227008

I find it funnier how all the comic creators I follow, the ones who actually know what's going on are just taking the piss out of the people who are angry. DC, Marvel, doesn't matter, they think this shit is hilarious.
>>
>>83226899
Like, I don't want to call anyone Hitler, buuuuuuut...
>>
>>83226838
The spy genre has never really been the same.
>>
>>83227037
I just find the state of play really dire. These people have staked out their arguments and even the mocking of much more informed, better placed people doesn't shake them. There's no debate on this - it's pure us vs. them.
>>
>>83227064
It's a shame that the rich Middle East never took off as a replacement setting

Fukken Dubai, man
>>
>>83227088
It's hard because I am not going to be the person to shit on someone else's pain, that's a personal issue and the internet has made us all mean enough as it is, but I can still think an argument is weak and ungrounded
>>
>>83227088

I'm of the opinion that if they want to stake out a stupid comic cliffhanger that will be undone in the next three issues as a hill to die on, then so be it.
>>
>>83226899
woah woah woah, link? I totally missed that

>let's keep sigiling furiously for what else we want, shit, can't stop now
I feel like I'm pushing my luck if I start sigiling for much more

plus I've been sigiling for something nice to happen to the GL books for ages now but nothing's working ;_;
>>
>>83227128
have you brought mosaic to the people?
>>
>>83227096
I'd love to read something well-researched enough to be set there and deal with its conspicuous consumption, but you'd certainly step on some toes

shit, some of those toes could use stepping on. The exploitation of construction workers in the Emirates is horrifying.
>>
>>83227128

There's no saving Venditti's writing, but who know, maybe Humphries won't be as bad as we're expecting.
>>
>>83227118
I'm entirely wiling to call this one for the stupid bullshit it is. Thousands of children and Jewish survivors in nursing homes are not weeping at the sight of Captain America. It's laughable.
>>
>>83227128
Some people just have a gift for it, Anon. Consider sigiling for something more obscure. Conflicting sigils may be a thing.
>>
>>83227008
>There are Cap fans who've had family that were killed by Nazis!
There are probably Cap fans who've had family eaten by wolves, you don't see people complain about CapWolf.
>>
>>83226929
Forget in a page, there's Deadshot in a panel.
>>
>>83227157
Vendetti can be good when he cares, is the thing! X-O Manowar shows that.

We just have to hope EVS was able to get him to give a fuck.
>>
>>83227178
Someone tweet Morrison for guidance. He can probably give you the appropriate jack/jill off instructions.
>>
>no one will make Spencer answer for his treatment of Zemo because the normies are complaining about a plot twist

it hurts
>>
>>83227025
I like how Penguin gets a little respect for his expertise in making getaways.
>>
>>83227128
https://twitter.com/nickspencer/status/736212346209607684
>>
>>83227096
Cause day got dem oilz, son. You gotta like how America could be almost entirely oil independent on just Canadian oil and our own oil, but no, the liberals don't want that so we have to be best pals with one of the worst human rights violators on the planet who had a hand in 9/11.
>>
>>83227228
There's nothing to answer FOR, in either case. There's exactly one way you censor a creator for yourself.
>>
>>83227243

oh lordy
>>
>>83227152
The closest thing, and I mean by a HUGE longshot, was the brief premise of J'onn's female personality, heisting some rich mofos in Dubai
>>
>>83227211
I tried that out and it's still mediocre. Maybe it's just a case of lower standards for X-O Manowar.
>>
Fuck yeah Squad. screwing up in Russia time

did watchmen influence this with it's take on realistic politics
>>
>>83227243
I'm in tears

>I don't do that. Comics were meant to be read in hand, not on screen. That's for movies.
this fucking guy
>>
>>83227273
This ran concurrently with Watchmen. Watchmen was like half released when this run started.
>>
>>83227243
>>83227252
Hickman had some responses to McKelvie about the conundrum between "Wait and see/Review our #1!" and what fans may reasonably expect
>>
>>83227279
>Flames were meant to burn books, not warm us. That's for electricity.
>>
>>83227273
Ostrander's simply that kind of guy. Product of the times, in the best way possible.
>>
>>83227311

then it was just the 80s.
>>
>>83227267
How far did you get through it? It was basically his first major comic from everything I could tell, and he grows with it.
>>
>>83227254
Wasn't crazy Shadow Thief in her /d/-tastic one-shot stealing some things somewhere in the Gulf?

>>83227344
The letter at the end of the run is so great--"We thought we were being so transgressive and then Iran-Contra happened"
>>
>>83227252
I just want a nice "he was just pretending to be retarded" retcon
>>
>>83227358
>>>Following the release and success of "DC Universe: Rebirth" #1 this past Wednesday, DC Comics has announced that the blockbuster issue will return to stores with a second printing on June 8th. The new edition will feature an updated cover from artist Gary Frank and it will be presented in a new, square bound format that will give the issue a spine. The first edition of the oversized "DC Universe: Rebirth" was stapled like a standard comic.

http://www.bleedingcool.com/2016/05/27/dc-universe-rebirth-1-gets-a-second-print-for-5-99/
>>
>>83227273
They were running concurrently so possibly, but I think Ostrander just knew his shit.
>>
>>83227385
People gonna find a way to gripe, but it's basically a mini-trade at this point.
>>
>>83227361
Fuck Soule for ruining a perfectly good character. And fuck him in general for being a hack.
>>
>>83227367
I'd settle for some classic "crazy like a fox" keikaku magic
>>
>>83227334
That's valid - you have to be able to take something on what's there - but that never slips over into legitimizing death threats, cries for censorship/cancellation and emotional histrionics. If you don't like it, you don't buy the book, and it's always okay to do that at any stage of something. You can write a letter, but you can't expect to have any actual creative license over something you're not creatively involved in.

A lot of people talk about how identity becomes performative and censorious these days, but this is a great example. Almost nobody with a stake in this is seriously offended - everyone without one wants to be, or feels they have to be. It's scary.
>>
>>83227429
I am tempted to get it, I kinda want a shelf friendly version of Rebirth but they haven't said if it'll be collected in anything other than an omni yet
>>
>>83227435

It's funny, Soule started out so great, his work on Swamp Thing was top notch.
>>
Speaking of Watchmen last few pages have been staying close to 3x3
>>
>>83227361
You know, I think the Rick/Eve/Tom triangle would probably be more interesting to me if you subbed out either Rick or Tom for Bronze Tiger or Deadshot.
>>
>>83227440
I can easily see writing a review of #1 that includes some "This hit me in the gut in a bad way" and then you might turn down reviewing #2. But then you have no grounds to have opinions on the rest of the run, and "This was SO AWFUL it can't be continued adequately" is going to be a hard one to sell, IMO.
>>
>>83227467
That was a fluke.
>>
>>83227440
There are white people who desperately need to feel special, who don't realize they have people in their lives who already think they're worth noticing.
>>
>>83227467
>>83227435
What're we decrying him for now?

I know he had Shadow Thief pop up near the tail-end of his Red Lanterns run, but how was that ruining?

If you want to decry the man, decry him turning into an editorial lackey at Marvel post-exclusive
>>
>>83227440
>A lot of people talk about how identity becomes performative and censorious these days, but this is a great example. Almost nobody with a stake in this is seriously offended - everyone without one wants to be, or feels they have to be. It's scary.

"Virtue signaling" is a term that gets thrown around a lot by hard-right and alt-right crowds, but it's a real thing that happens on all sides. (even the people who use the term itself as a signal for those same hard-right groups)
>>
>>83227493
>and "This was SO AWFUL it can't be continued adequately" is going to be a hard one to sell, IMO
Ha, try telling that to /co/.
>>
>>83227503
It's not especially a "white people" thing IMO. I'm sure social theorists have a big interest in this sort of thing these days, but to me it's a fear thing and a change in how we're defining ourselves.
>>
>>83227493
Every page of this is packed and structured
>>
>>83227504
She was written as an anti-villain in her one-shot and then along comes Souless and turns her into a generic villain then kills her off.
>>
>>83227536
Isn't it, though? In recognizing that various other kinds of people are worthy and have merit, plenty people are gonna see that as a zero-sum game.

That fear that you're talking about manifests itself in a lot of ways, in people who get overtly spiteful, and in people who need to create something to restore themselves to...whatever pedestal they want to be on.
>>
>>83227525
I'm not quite sure what /co/ as a whole thinks of this twist other than really enjoying all the CSB fodder that's come out of it, I'm more thinking of the comics sites out there which have published the "This is horribly offensive" thinkpieces.
>>
>>83227536

It's funny, because I was reading an essay from the beginning of the 20th century that complained about English gentlemen's clubs in exactly the same way that people bitch about social media today. Mainly that it isolates people further from dissenting opinions and just surrounds yourself with people who like the same things you do and think the same way you do.

This isn't a new phenomenon, it's just that affluent countries have far more of an access to allow it define more aspects of their lives, at all times.
>>
>>83227590
>>
>>83227590

most of what i've seen has been "Spencer is just doing a dumb shock twist that'll be over in 6 months" real jaded stuff.
>>
>>83227590
Continuing to listen to anyone who's published that as anything more than a factual report deserves serious consideration. It shows a real fuck-up, either in their own thinking or in their need to sell an opinion.

I thought the issue was bad. Offensive? Get the fuck outta here.
>>
>>83227590
I wonder how well this issue maps out onto actual Russia geography.
>>
>>83227590
I think one of the more useful things to discuss and think about is, will this matter? Will Marvel be Marvel and stay the course knowing that nobody really votes with their wallet?
>>
>>83227614
awwwww yes

THE TRUTH SHALL MAKE YOU DEAD! is one bad. ass. line.
>>
has anyone written about what hydray things Steve has done so far? like he's said hail hydra but that could just be words
>>
>>83227690
He also shoved Jack Flagg out of a plane.
>>
>>83227690
well the implication is that he's been indoctrinated into Hydra since childhood, right?

he hasn't done anything hydra-y yet, I guess we gotta wait for #2 to see him do stuff like littering or jay walking or raping Bucky and making all those fanfics real
>>
>>83227688
>THE TRUTH SHALL MAKE YOU DEAD! is one bad. ass. line.
YMMV. Cringe/dated for me. Bad grammar, also?
>>
>>83227688
>>83227687
All the angry thinkpieces have soundly rejected the "it's going to be undone" line by asserting that it's such a foul stain it will linger forever, which is an argument you can either take or leave, really, you can't finesse.
>>
>>83227728
Ought to do the last one just to set the cat among these tweeting pigeons.
>>
>>83226847
>Legion finally written by BENDIS
>>
>>83227690
>steve broke jessica's condom
>steve blew up the bus
>steve is cable's father
>>
>>83227760
>All the angry thinkpieces have soundly rejected the "it's going to be undone" line by asserting that it's such a foul stain it will linger forever
I can only assume these are the same people that still hate Hal for killing the corps or Wanda for no more muties
>>
>>83226899
The old buy and burn. That'll really show'em.
>>
>>83227771
https://twitter.com/brianbendis/status/482324064971669504
>>
>>83227737
'dead' is an adjective

>>83227782
it's different because it's Nazis, somehow
>>
>>83227760
>that argument
>in comic books
lol
>>
>>83227760
That's funny. It's like they forgot about Carol's rape and kidnapping and rape-baby, as if Not Talking About It actually works.
>>
>>83227728

yeah, since he was a kid. But i'm interested in seeing like how fascist is he gonna be, how much of a nazi. Is Spencer gonna shit on the good nazi

>>83227782

there was that marvel editor who was still mad at wanda
>>
>>83227803
>it's different because it's Nazis, somehow

Mel Brooks had the right idea, in that if you really want to defeat Nazism for good, you make a complete laughingstock out of it.
>>
1) These People's Heroes guys remind me of the Oktober Guard from Gi-Joe.

2) I get that people are upset about the Steve thing, but is the literal book burning necessary? Seriously?
>>
>>83227823
Always relevant.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kHmYIo7bcUw
>>
>>83227823
Hitler on Ice!
>>
>>83227823

so that's why he writes Zemo like that
>>
>>83226929
>Pozhar was the Russian dude who became half of Firestorm, as I recall

I liked him when McDuffie brought him back in OYL Jasonstorm, but my 80s Firestorm knowledge is like, 2 Stern era issues I got from Sears comics boxes for Christmas.
>>
>>83227846
I'd forgotten the dancer costumes and I'm losing it completely

>>83227881
we read Ostrander but it was quite a while ago now and we hadn't read stuff it was referencing
>>
>>83227841
>I hate Nazis so much even the hint of it will make me burn books!
>No, I don't see the irony!
>>
>>83227498
Maybe so, but an enjoyable one.
>>
>>83227904
>>
>>83227853
I love Enchantress. I love how she tries to kill everybody the moment she gets an opportunity.
>>
>>83227803
>Hm! Burning off your clothes is taking too long to kill you. I'll simply entomb you now!

Oh, Enchantress...
https://youtu.be/Xvh9NFzUqwM
>>
>>83227920
>>
>>83227925
>>
File: 2753800-44.jpg (192 KB, 837x1280) Image search: [Google]
2753800-44.jpg
192 KB, 837x1280
>>83226929
>Anyone here read 1980s Outsiders?
Oh, and on that- I have read a few issues. It had some wacky villains, like the Nuclear Family, and the Duke of Oil. Cheesy puns for everyone!
>>
>>83227958
I've seriously seen twitter friendships between generally like-thinking comics fans ended over this Cap issue. It's reaching past the "people can agree to disagree about this" in some corners.
>>
>>83227989
>THE HISTORY OF THE DC UNIVERSE is must reading
>>
>>83227925

>kill everybody the moment she gets an opportunity

Classic Suicide Squad member

>>83226929
>>83227989

the book with greatest hero of all time Geo Force
>>
>>83227989
now THAT is a Texas bidnessman of the 80s, hot damn.
>>
>>83227989
>and the Duke of Oil

It took me a second to get that one, you cheeky fucker.
>>
>>83228020
oh god fuck geoforce
>>
>>83228012

Huh, that's pretty silly.

I mean I disagree with you on a lot of shit on Twitter, JSA Anon, but we have pretty much the same taste in comics so idgaf.
>>
>>83228040
A dude dressed like that is going to say 'oil' something more like 'awwwl', to be fair

>>83228020
what was with that guy
>>
>>83228020
You can actually differentiate them though, that's one of the things that makes this so good. Some of the Squad will kill the others if it works for them, if there's profit, if they're afraid and they need to get away. Enchantress will just kill because she enjoys it. It's one of the reasons I completely disagreed with some of this "Enchantress is the villain?!" outrage about the movie leaks.

Enchantress is frightening. Even the self-serving people in the Squad know they need to put her down quickly.
>>
>>83228048
Screw you, Geoforce rocks.
>>
>>83228037
>We have made a martyr out of Firebird.
Then maybe you should've just let her leave, dumbass.
>>
>>83227979
>and then she gets literally flattened by Supes
>>
>>83228085
>"Enchantress is the villain?!" outrage
whut
>>
>>83228108
Shut up Carlos.
>>
>>83228058
I believe strongly in "people can disagree in good will and not hate each other over it", so this has been really /o\

Frex, I saw one tweet basically asking comics writers etc. to listen--but I think they have listened, they just disagree, sometimes raucously so, sometimes more "I see this but no." So what then?

>>83228110
That's what makes it so great, there was no good way to untangle the snarl at all. She didn't want to go, they wanted her silenced but not martyred...
>>
>>83228017
Well, at the time it was. The History of the DC Universe was basically meant to roughly explain post-Crisis history to people confused about timelines and shit.

I don't know how good or effective it was, but hey, at least they tried to give people a way to parse their newly broken continuity.
>>
File: Zircher.jpg-large.jpg (209 KB, 929x1409) Image search: [Google]
Zircher.jpg-large.jpg
209 KB, 929x1409
LoU actress RT'd Zircher's hawk drawing today, which is actually gorgeous in its implied motion (the birds work to show this):

https://twitter.com/CiaraRenee8/status/736298425864597504

What's the sigil price for a hawk book from him?
>>
File: flashpoint05pg16.gif (174 KB, 410x641) Image search: [Google]
flashpoint05pg16.gif
174 KB, 410x641
>>83228126
Poor June
>>
>>83228085
Wait, people have been bitching about Enchantress being evil in the film? I've read less than ten issues of SS, and I can tell you she's hardcore crazy. I need to stop waifuing the bad girls.

Really, what they should be complaining about is that the movie version lacks the hat. That witch hat is fabulous, how dare they omit it.
>>
>>83227989
Time on 4chan makes me constantly read Geo Force as 'GF Man'.
>>
>>83228169
>What's the sigil price for a hawk book from him?

Every Hawk book.
>>
>>83228195
>Alan Moore made me do it!
>>
>>83228169
Where ARE the Hawks? I guess Kendra is still relegated to Earth 2, but Katar hasn't been seen since Futures End (or technically before since FE didn't matter at all)
>>
>>83227152
Dudley Do-Right

Reference Alert
>>
>>83228169
Unfortunately, the sigil price for Zirch Hawks is going to be super-high because he's apparently having the time of his life drawing Superman.
>>
>>83228202
Yeah, the fact she transforms into a stereotypical fairytale witch is something special.
>>
>>83227915
"Progressiveness" has been accelerating away from sanity for a while now.

FFS they're bringing back segregation in universities to "beat white privilege"
>>
>>83228204
Having a girlfriend is basically a superpower on 4chan.
>>
>>83228245
>>FFS they're bringing back segregation in universities to "beat white privilege"
Wait what?
>>
>>83228245
there's a big split within the broadly-construed left on these issues, as well. frex, some of the people who are fighting the issues of police brutality most hard on the ground are the public defenders, who are also going to fight for the value of due process in rape cases on behalf of the accused. Shit doesn't line up neatly.
>>
>>83228294
KEY WALLER PAGE
>>
>>83228293
"Blacks only" dorms
>>
>>83228293

It's the whole "safe space" movement gone out of control.
>>
>>83228315
Ollie here being of course, Oliver North
>>
>>83228315
She's so great.

>>83228294
Maybe people can start actually arguing again, and on issues rather than tribes.
>>
>>83228239
Damn. No wonder Waller is the way she is.
>I need that anger.
>Then USE IT!
Yeah, that sounds about right.

>>83228241
I find it charming. A little silly, but hey, comics. If she weren't already hot, she'd probably kidnap a princess or two to steal their youth and beauty.
>>
>>83228294

Gee it's almost like real life issues don't have clear right or wrong issues and require compromise and debate among multiple people to figure out solutions that best serve the public.

This is why classical philosophy and rhetoric needs to be more broadly taught in my opinion. Gives people a better set of ground rules and rigor to address these issues in communication and a civic platform.
>>
>>83228315
>>83228367
I love you, Waller
>>
>>83228367
>>83228397
that, but also the "there are important principles that should not be shortcut just to acquire the desired ends"
>>
>>83227334
I am loving Ostrander's goofy ass, Batman '66 grade Penguin through this storyline.
>>
>>83228397
Fuck that, basic-ass reading comprehension can't even get a wedge for funding. Foundation ain't there and it ain't kids' faults it ain't there, but it's a problem.
>>
>>83228397
>This is why classical philosophy and rhetoric needs to be more broadly taught in my opinion.

Pffft, who cares what some dead rich guys said?
>>
>>83228477
And they were white, too!
>>
>>83228446
HI MARK!

yes, this is pre-Manhunter Mark Shaw, and that eyepatch is a total affectation, and I want those boots
>>
>>83228477

The Greeks were rich?
>>
>>83228496
~men~
>>
>>83228446
>that, but also the "there are important principles that should not be shortcut just to acquire the desired ends"

Yeah, too often I hear arguments in regards to the fact that because someone can come up with a clever "gotcha" question that will make you break your ethical rules, that means that those rules don't count as a whole. In reality, it makes it even more important to have ethical mores like that so you can effectively judge those scenarios and decide how to address the issue with the least bad solution.

Sometimes you can't please everyone, but having a consistent moral standard at least ensures you know where those cases occur and how to account for the shortfall.
>>
>>83228495
I know! The nerve of them.
>>
>>83228496
mark

mark

why are you a gay pirate

is there something you need to tell us, mark
>>
>>83227243
>https://twitter.com/nickspencer/status/736212346209607684

Why would you need an accelerant to burn a paper ass comic book?
>>
>>83228320
Snopes says different.
http://www.snopes.com/blacks-dorm-uconn/
>>
>>83228470
>Fuck that, basic-ass reading comprehension can't even get a wedge for funding.

Public school teacher speaking.

We fucking try. We try SO HARD to improve these kids reading skills, but in my science class, trying to get them to think critically about providing evidence for a claim is like pulling teeth. They're used to just rattling off the right answers for praise and don't understand how you get from point A to point B in a reasoned argument.
>>
>>83228530
Unsure. The one time I got to play with a real fireplace in a hotel, the glossy paper burnt real easily.
>>
>>83228508
>>83228524
Ostrander's doing his magic of taking a goofy unused character and giving them an awesome makeover

also, boy knows how to fight
>>
>>83228495
>Greeks
>white
>>
>>83228530

The paper will have different chemical fillers and coatings to make it glossy and preserve the inks and colors, and that'll make it smolder, not burn.

If you want the nice impressive flames for a social media picture, lighter fluid is the way to go.
>>
>>83228524
>Not dressing up like a gay pirate when meeting new co-workers
It's the best way to make an impression.
>>
>>83228508
Oh yeah, because them sitting and calmly talking it out would be way more interesting!
>>
>>83228530
That's what Spencer said!
>>
File: tmp_22221-796801216644996.jpg (62 KB, 273x450) Image search: [Google]
tmp_22221-796801216644996.jpg
62 KB, 273x450
>>83228560
>>83228397
We were warned.
>>
>>83228571
>>83228586
this outs me as a very old nerd in a very very very weird subculture, but it reminds me so much of Aja Romano trying to burn that t-shirt to protest Livejournal policies.
>>
>>83228508
>be a dude
>tend to get lumped in with this bullshit
Sigh. Men.

>>83228530
You ever tried to set a comic book on fire? The little bastards don't light as easily as you'd think.
>>
>>83228530
Spencer actually tweeted that, too.
>>
>>83228496
oooh, shiver me timbers!
>>
>>83228508
I think you mean
~capeshit~
>>
>>83228496
>>83228508
>>83228571
I look at these pages and (whatever this says about me) it seems like attention is given to showing Mark's crotch fold in each appropriate panel.
>>
>>83228595
it's 100% exciting, but it's also something women almost never (get to) do
>>
>>83228616
>You ever tried to set a comic book on fire?
No, because I'm not an attention whore on twitter.
>>
>>83228496
I met Mark via the Wally West storytimes, he's a pretty cool dude. Also, probably one of the few people who remember Wally is BFFs with Fidel Castro.
>>
>>83228663
awww yeah!
>>
>>83228609

I resigned from my current position and I'm going to be teaching at a private Catholic school next year.

It's a major cut in pay, but the fact that I'll have around 90 kids to deal with instead of 140 is worth it. Most of the problems with public education nowadays I believe come from the logistical problems of individual teachers being responsible for trying to document and track that many students. It's too easy for them to become numbers, and much MUCH tougher to get the kind of critical debate and thought out of them when you have to grade around 80 individual papers a night.
>>
>>83228663
I'm sure it happens at least a couple of times in this run, but maybe I'm misremembering. I mean we've got Duchess coming up and she's superb.
>>
>>83228663
Yeah, I'm pretty sure most women secretly want to do it. I know I do.
>>
>>83227249
>Implying republicans wouldn't still import Arab oil because it's cheaper

Yeah okay boss.
>>
>>83228663
As Ghandi said: be the girl beating girls up you want to see in the world, OP.
>>
>>83228719
same

one of my friends was a Marine and she said whenever they had physical training they'd basically beat the shit out of each other
>>
>>83228719
I really miss aikido practice because being thrown around is even more cathartic than throwing
>>
>>83228691
Was that Jason who answered the door?
>>
>>83228783
I'm not sure if it's him or if it's Dr. Occult and Rose Psychic
>>
>>83228775

Sparring is less about learning how to hit someone, and more about learning either how to not get hit, or how to take hits to minimize damage. Especially knowing how to take a fall.
>>
>>83228694
It sucks that your situation is hella normal, I have family in the business.

It's a problem that could've been prevented with some copious-ass amounts of money that nobody will ever wanted to spend (and nuance and strategy, etc), but shit, nobody has an argument that justifies my 40 year-old books in HS.
>>
>>83228783
I think the people who answered left, but the gargoyle seems an obvious nod to Etrigan.
>>
>>83228804
>SHAKASHAZOW
>>
>>83228680
>attention whore
Pretty sure those people are 100% serious, anon. Yeah, I know, it's the Internet, but people are legitimately mad about this. Though I can only imagine why, since this will be re-re-re-retconned away in like a year or two.

This is why I never got mad about Diana's God of War stint, cause like, that was temporary as hell. Being a fan of things requires certain filters.
>>
>>83228805
Falling is so much fun, and you can learn how someone's throwing you by feeling as much as you can by doing
>>
>>83228818

It could be solved by more people becoming teachers so you lessen the student-to-teacher ratio, but nobody wants to be a teacher because you have to deal with this bullshit in the first place.

It's a self-defeating cycle.
>>
>>83228861
Marnie and Deadshot goes some places in that mini
>>
OP is a maricon
>>
>>83228851
>This is why I never got mad about Diana's God of War stint, cause like, that was temporary as hell. Being a fan of things requires certain filters.

That's the great thing about being a Hypercrisis fag.

Everything's equally fictional, so who gives a fuck.
>>
>>83228908
HYPERTIME4LYFE DAWG
>>
>>83228908
How does Cap being Hydra work into the hypercrisis, anyway?
>>
>>83228876
One of the key components of the vaunted Finnish model is that there teaching is very prestigious, valued, competitive to get into, and well-compensated. That's probably more implementable being as the US can't really recreate the cultural homogeneity and we don't have the nerve to do the social safety net.
>>
>>83228775
>I really miss aikido practice because being thrown around is even more cathartic than throwing
Storyteller, you're weird.
>>
>>83228894
I'll love you at least a little bit if you change the language every day you fuckin fag.
>>
>>83228942
It really is, sometimes you get thrown and you just end up giggling as you roll out
>>
>>83228942
Pain and exhaustion are cathartic for plenty of people.
>>
>>83228876
It's magical thinking, that somehow, education is a sector that neither wants nor needs money to function.
>>
>>83228883
"June Moone is a mystic time bomb" is a line I love.
>>
>>83228680
You're telling me you set shit on fire as a kid just because you had free time and a book of matches?
>>
>>83228974
And any money available gets pumped into superfluous projects and practices.
>>
>>83228933
He's so deeply entangled with Hydra that he IS Hydra mythos. It's inevitable and natural
>>
>>83229018
But the football team NEEDS that money, anon!
>>
>>83228933

Good stories get remembered, and used by other writers down the line, and lead to new stories being created in the same vein. They self-propagate.

Bad stories get retconned away and eventually forgotten when someone who actually cares about the character comes along and does something better with them.

So over time, all other things being equal, the universe will self-correct towards a more harmonious mean.

Things go wrong when instead of good stories, the readers demand controversy and "A TITAN DIES!" shit to keep them engaged, and then the universe starts tending towards shitty events instead.
>>
>>83228883
>June and Enchantress will likely merge over time
You people are ruining me. May first thought upon reading this was "That's kinda hot!". Goddammit.
>>
>>83229004
I made paper tanks, stole turpentine out of my dad's shed and played war with them.
>>
>>83229033
I think my school didn't even have money for sports.
>>
>>83228294
Yeah, I get that politics is a complex giant fighting itself, it's just kinda sad that both sides of the political spectrum seem to keep getting pulled farther and farther away from sane positions by fringe crazies.
>>
>>83229038
blame yourself or god
>>
>>83228965
>>
>>83229004
Yeah, but not comics, those cost money man.
>>
>>83229018

Doesn't help that every few years the Dept. of Education and people who handle state/federal standards get brilliant new ideas that will surely fix everything now and then all that money gets diverted to instituting those programs that only produce negligible results.

For as much as my conservative friends like to bitch about Common Core, there's nothing wrong with the standards themselves, it's the fact that in five years they're going to be outdated and replaced with a new set of standards that everyone will be required to research, memorize and implement across the board. And then that will get replaced.
>>
>>83229092
ooh is this scottish bastard MM?
>>
>>83229086
Extremely solid life advice right there.
>>
>>83229084
>keep getting pulled farther and farther away from sane positions by fringe crazies.

If there's one thing we can all agree on this year, it's that this election cycle fucking sucks.
>>
>>83229122
ahhhhh, Digger you fuck
>>
>>83228503
Depends on the philosopher, really.
I'd imagine Aristotle was pretty well payed by Phillip II.
>>
>>83228933
Nothing is ever ruined forever, because nothing is set in stone.
>>
>>83229122
I think he's meant to be Southern rather than Scottish?
>>
>>83229140

It's a line from Final Fantasy: Tactics, anon.
>>
>>83229146
Don't they all?
>>
>>83229122
Nah, Mcullough hadn't worn the costume yet.
>>
>>83229183
From a great game, too! THANK yourself or God right now, anon.
>>
>>83229122
This is after the Crisis, where Scudder died, so yeah.
>>
>>83229181
Nah, the second Mirror Master was definitely Scottish.
>>
>>83229147
oh shit Millennium
>>
>>83229219
I mean the cop. Not that I'm holding out for an accurate representation of my native phonetics in an American comic.
>>
>>83227481
Or Nate
>>
>>83227760
>All the angry thinkpieces have soundly rejected the "it's going to be undone" line by asserting that it's such a foul stain it will linger forever
At which point, I'd reccomend posting images of every other time a beloved American superhero has apparently thrown in with the Nazis.

Truly Captain Marvel was stained when he said "Phoo on the US" while flying Hitler around.
>>
>>83229244
och aye
>>
>>83229251
Unlike OP, I'm not a fan of the Nate-Eve matchup.
>>
>>83229238
oh for 75 cent comics

the dog was...not good today. I hope it was just a 'hangover' from a stormy night
>>
>>83229238
Man, fuck Millennium.
It didn't even come out the actual year 2000
>>
>>83229277
Haha fuck you.
>>
>>83229300
>>
>>83229300
I bet people would find reason to bitch about even this cover these days.
>>
>>83229302
>tfw 2000AD didn't change its name after Y2K
>>
File: 1464033160735.jpg (1 MB, 1920x2951) Image search: [Google]
1464033160735.jpg
1 MB, 1920x2951
>>83229147
This just makes that Flash issue even better.
>>
>>83229343
Because... No women on the cover?
>>
>>83229302
I'd like to think someone at DC was just RAELLY into Prince
>>
>>83229348
It was never going to. I think there is an upcoming problem with their special issues though - they started off like 2000, 2001, 2002 and they're going to actual hit those numbers sometime this year.
>>
>>83229244
Duh, it's New Orleans.
>>
>>83229388

Why are Flash Rogues the best.
>>
>>83229388
Oh wow, it's so weird to see that page in restored condition after the really old scans for WML Flash
>>
>>83229393
Bronze Tiger is portrayed in a more animalistic pose, up in the trees, and is the only one without tools.
>>
>>83229238
>Millennium
Dammit, AGAIN? Why the hell do we keep running into Millennium? It's like the thing keeps daring us to read it.
>>
>>83229426
HI NATE!

>>83229411
They have the best balance of quality gimmicks, interesting personalities, and they're criminals and not monsters so they tend not to get pushed into bleeding edge territory
>>
>>83229433
Because he's a martial artist.
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 105

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.