[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
ITT: You're at Grandma's and she doesn't have cable.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 38
Thread images: 7
File: cyberchase.jpg (96 KB, 391x310) Image search: [Google]
cyberchase.jpg
96 KB, 391x310
ITT: You're at Grandma's and she doesn't have cable.
>>
If that's the case then I'll just read the stack of comics I brought.

You did bring comics, didn't you anon?
>>
>>83226319

I left my backpack at school...
>>
My grandma was the one who had cable while we didn't.

PBS and Saturday mornings were how I survived. I feel bad that I wasn't a kid who got to grow up with all the other cartoons.
>>
>mfw Grandma was the one with cable, the Nintendo 64 AND the ginormous surplus of delicious food she would always bake

Love you grangran
>>
>>83226261
>tfw visiting grama was suffering because she believed there was too much evil on tv
Only could watch the news with them so I never visited them
>>
File: image.jpg (37 KB, 210x300) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
37 KB, 210x300
>>
File: Libkidsmenu.jpg (93 KB, 720x480) Image search: [Google]
Libkidsmenu.jpg
93 KB, 720x480
THROUGH MY OWN EYYYYEEES
>>
>>83226261
Does Satellite not have CN or Nick?
>>
File: 1464229963446.jpg (206 KB, 1000x1000) Image search: [Google]
1464229963446.jpg
206 KB, 1000x1000
>>83226883
>that episode where the black guys freedom papers get whipped in half
>>
>>83226428
Me too. Instead of spending time with my grandparents/other relatives at their houses I'd just watch fuckin Nickelodeon or Cartoon Network for hours at a time.
>>
>>83226696
>Watching television at your grandparents

That's just rude.
>>
Except we didn't have cable at my house either

Not much lost, in my mind. PBS Kids had some good programming, and there was always Saturday mornings
>>
>>83226261
Nah, my Grandma's had cable, so I was pretty set unless it was a weekend where CN was running a marathon of The Gary Coleman show or Wendy and Marvin-era Superfriends.

However, you did remind me of the weekend I was forced to stay at my aunts and babysit my bratty nieces, while The TV in their room was locked to PBS during a showing of the broadway version of Joseph and His Amazing Technicolor Dreamcoat.

So, you know, fuck you for that.
>>
I'm reminded of the time I had a bout of insomnia one summer and it happened to be when CN was running one of their bizarre Iron Giant marathons. I watched that movie and that one magic bullet infomercial at least 10 times each
>>
>>83227370

Please tell me it was the one with that couple hosting their lame-ass party. I love that one.
>>
>>83226261
Go find something to do until Martha Speaks comes on. Screw Cyberchase.
>>
>>83227533
You're damn right it was. Vermin best girl.
>>
OOO
>>
>>83227634
COUNT THE MEDALS 1,2 AND 3.
>>
>>83226261
My grandma was actually the one with all the cool shit, it got to the point where I kept my N64 and stuff there because I'd visit her so much.

She just passed away a few weeks ago and I'm still not handling it that well, she was my last grandparent. Shit feels weird.
>>
>>83226261
Toys and Imagination.
>>
File: image_5.jpg (85 KB, 468x587) Image search: [Google]
image_5.jpg
85 KB, 468x587
>grandma can never cook
>grandpa was always high smoking from his bong
>other grandparents were senile and had a serious case of ptsd
Tell me what it's like to have normal grandparents. Does your Grandpa take you on cool fishing trips? Does Grandma's meatloaf really taste that good?
Pic somewhat related. Grangran always accused me of killing her pet bunny she never had.
>>
>>83228050
>Does your Grandpa take you on cool fishing trips? Does Grandma's meatloaf really taste that good?
Yes to both, my grandpa has tacky fishing ornaments all over the house saying things like
>rather be fishin'
>Always wishing I was fishing
>If you're lucky enough to live on a lake than you're lucky enough.
>>
>>83226952
Local channels normally have only fox, cbs, nbc, abc, pbs, and several others depending on the area
>>
>>83228050
There was a Watership Down comic?
>>
File: 1460234667767.gif (35 KB, 180x218) Image search: [Google]
1460234667767.gif
35 KB, 180x218
>>83228050
My grandma's really nice and sweet, almost to a fault. Good at baking, too, gave me a cool forest green armrest when i was a young'un. I still have it.
My grandpa was an odder type. He used to play guitar in a fairly popular band, he's really vocal about his opinions, and he loves music and comic books.
All in all, they were pretty normal grandparents.
My grandma had a stroke sometime ago, and she can't speak a lot. My grandpa was diagnosed with lung cancer, but he's doing alright.
I still worry about them.
>>
My grandparents had satellite, though I don't remember watching anything other than what I usually did there (and I had seemingly really shitty cable).
>>
>>83227606
you are a faggot
>>
File: tutenstein.jpg (24 KB, 236x296) Image search: [Google]
tutenstein.jpg
24 KB, 236x296
>>
My grandma was actually the one with Cable, and we were the ones without. The problem is the only grandma with Cable lived in the South while we lived in the North. Only way I ever got to see PPG and TT and DL was at her house and on the way down to her house in the motels.

>>83228050
grandmas subconsciously racist, but a heart of gold. She cooks real great and loves her family.
>>
>>83227094
They're strict brimstone and hell fire Baptists
They are worse than hitler
>>
>>83228050
My grandma spends her days cleaning clean rooms and saying you're always on your phone even though you never use it when you visit. My grandpa sits in an urn.
My grandparents on my other side of my family are pieces of shit.
>>
>>83231531
I grew up in a staunch Baptist home myself but my parents were really really cool, they let my brother and I have room to grow and make mistakes without brimstone and hellfire raining upon us. Same with my great grandparents. I actually had a Buddhist aunt which was pretty cool.

I grew up with Baptists in a small Arkansas town, they're really not that bad in my experience. Some are staunch, some are relaxed, a small handful are super strict about stuff but I never witnessed anything like what I hear about from anons in any of the churches I've been to across the South.
>>
>tfw watching Static Shock and Between the Lions at my grandma's after helping her garden all morning

I miss her a whole lot. She was a really sweet woman.
>>
I remember when I was little hanging out with my grandma at her Seamstress Shop. She had this little mini tv in there and we would watch soap operas to pass the time, and for lunch/dinner we'd walk down to the Little Caesar's two buildings down and grab some pizza.
>>
>>83226428
>Saturday morning cartoons

What exactly happened to those? I see them referenced all the time, and I vaguely remember there being specials and blocks set for Saturday morning, but otherwise it seems like they died.
>>
>>83233725
After CW discontinued Vortex there were no saturday morning cartoons anymore for a couple years. Now Cartoon Network has a saturday morning lineup but they don't play much new stuff, since Thursday is where most of it's shows premiere
Thread replies: 38
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.