[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I don't think I've ever seen a single thread about
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 11
File: penn zero.jpg (40 KB, 629x354) Image search: [Google]
penn zero.jpg
40 KB, 629x354
I don't think I've ever seen a single thread about this show. Even Pickle and Peanut gets a couple now and then.

Do people even know this show exists?
>>
>>83225417
no
>>
>>83225417
what is this
>>
File: Sashi.webm (1 MB, 888x500) Image search: [Google]
Sashi.webm
1 MB, 888x500
>You will never get bullied by Sashi.
>>
File: Sashi2.webm (633 KB, 888x500) Image search: [Google]
Sashi2.webm
633 KB, 888x500
>>
File: Sashi3.webm (3 MB, 856x482) Image search: [Google]
Sashi3.webm
3 MB, 856x482
>>
>>83226089
>>83226103
>>83226120
This show has nicer puppet animation than I gave it credit for.
>>
>>83225417
I watched the first season, up until the half-hour special where he nearly destroys a small planet.

>The jokes are either spot-on or are terrible.
>VA is meh to god-tier
>animation is acceptable
>overall story idea is acceptable

The show just exists. Disney XD only seemed to market it before it was aired and quickly forgot about it.
>>
>>83225417

This show is gorgeously animated, the voices are top-shelf, they wrote songs like crazy, and yet it still manages to be practically unwatchable because it's FUCKING INCOHERENT.

There's no story at all.

Who the fuck thought this was a good idea, and even more importantly, who blew all the money on this turd to make it gorgeous WITHOUT ANY STORY?
>>
>>83226089
>>83226103
>>83226120
I actually didn't expect the animation to be good based off those character designs.

The scribbles for curly hair is way too distracting.
>>
>>83226185
Someone probably just wanted to get their transformation fetish on TV.
>>
>>83226185
>>There's no story at all.

>>Who the fuck thought this was a good idea, and even more importantly, who blew all the money on this turd to make it gorgeous WITHOUT ANY STORY?

This, the idea of dimensional jumping is a great beginning for the overall story. However, the reason for doing so is never fully discussed. The idea of good vs evil is never fully acted out on the show.

Where are the other heroes and villains besides are main characters?

>Larry = god-tier character
>>
File: tumblr will ship anything.png (274 KB, 963x848) Image search: [Google]
tumblr will ship anything.png
274 KB, 963x848
>>83226089
>You will never get held by Boone
>>
>>83226185
>>83226281
These are the correct answer. I've tried so hard to like this show for the reasons in the first post. But it actively fights me any time I try to watch it.

>Larry = god-tier character

Also, this is objectively true. The only truly redeemable moments of this show are when they first visit a cool new world, Larry being Larry, and psycho sidekick in the two clown town episodes learning to have a sense of humor.

I really wanted to like the old grizzled sheriff in dinosaur cowboy world, but holy fuck how did they take such a cool character and make him so fucking boring and unlikable?
>>
>>83226271
>Someone probably just wanted to get their transformation fetish on TV.
...correct me if I'm wrong, but is the purpose of the show that the characters get TF'd into a different form each episode? Because if so, I NEED to watch this.
>>
>>83226579
They've had some repeat worlds, and not all worlds majorly transform them, but yes, they become Hero, Sidekick, and Wiseman for the appropriate genre of each world they go to.
>>
>>83226579
>the purpose of the show that the characters get TF'd into a different form each episode?

Yep, that's exactly what happens, and frankly, the TF's are GREAT. Every world is wildly different, yet you can always tell exactly who's who....

And you don't give a fuck, because there's NO STORY.

Here's a fucking clue, Disney: PAY FOR A GOOD WRITER...FIRST.

No matter how gorgeous it is, the story is the key thing.
>>
>>83226089
>>83226103
>>83226120
Was this the very first episode? I've seen some of them and they were extremely childish for me to watch. This looks a lot different tho.
>>
>>83226717
No, it was a later origin episode.
>>
>created by Zootopia's co-director and screenwriter
>nothing in this show match the quality on that movie
Why
>>
>>83228193
Kind of like how We Bare Bears was made by a Pixar veteran and the show itself is incredibly boring and stale.
>>
>>83228251
Fetishbait is often that way. Zootopia was made with pure intentions. I choose to believe Penn Zero was created for the sole purpose of TF fetishism. WBB is just for furries and nothing else.
>>
>>83225417
Every time I see that smug face I can't help but think of his character in Silicon Valley
>>
>>83226717
The first episode was a Christmas special.
>>
>>83226089
>>83226103
>>83226120

Jesus, what a bitch.
>>
>>83228549
Okay, dragons at Top Gun flight academy was a hella great story hook. And they played it straight and almost pulled it off. And yet somehow still managed to make it boring. Other than Sashi unable to deal with the MC's rival making her cloaca ache.
Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 11

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.