[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Other than Superman and the Fantastic Four, was the silver age
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1
File: Lex plans to fuck superman's mom.jpg (838 KB, 1851x2676) Image search: [Google]
Lex plans to fuck superman's mom.jpg
838 KB, 1851x2676
Other than Superman and the Fantastic Four, was the silver age really good? I mean it seems like the stories are way to simple and uninteresting. Even the other heroes who had very notable silver age runs (Spiderman and Flash) only really had a handful of good silver age stories (If this be my destiny, the night qwen stacy died, and the stories about flash fucking around with the multiverse). But most of Spiderman's most famous stories are from the late 80s- present and the best Flash comics took place post CoIE and before Flashpoint. Most other heroes sucked in the silver age as compared to how well they were portrayed in the 70s and 80s (Batman and Xmen are two of the most significant as their silver age shit is basically unreadable).

So basically can we say the silver age was shit for every book other than the F4 and Superman (granted I don't think there has been a good superman story since the end of the silver age that wasn't miniseries like CoIE, All Star, of All seasons, or Kingdom Come).
>>
go read Doom Patrol
>>
>>83220882
This, and LOSH.
>>
The Blue Beetle
>>
>>83222198
Bullshit, Ted's best book was JLI
>>
Flash and Martian Manhunter's run in Detective comics really are the pinnacle of Silver Age DC, just wish their other books could have been that solid instead of trying to "jump the shark" and model most of their titles off of the "campy, self referencial" humor of the Adam West Batman show (which I do like in small doses)
>>
>>83220784
I'd say Daredevil was decent.
>>
Silver Age flash was great

Though I always loved the Bronze Age of comics
>>
>>83220784
>I don't think there has been a good superman story since the end of the silver age that wasn't miniseries like CoIE, All Star, of All seasons, or Kingdom Come).

Brainiac, Morrison's run on Action, Up Up & Away, Peace on Earth etc.
>>
>>83223034
Isn't peace on earth a mini?
>>
>>83220784
Bronze Age Superman was god tier . They just didn't have the Otto Binder idea machine working on the comics any more so it wasn't CRAZY NEW IDEAS every other issue
>>
>>83224201
>no gorillas
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.