[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
DCYou press F to pay respect
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 3
File: To based for its time.jpg (556 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
To based for its time.jpg
556 KB, 1920x1080
Anyone else pissed DC swept DCYou under the rug? Shit was awesome.
>>
>>83215449
>>83215449
There was a lot of good shit that came out of DC You, unfortunately none of it sold.
>>
>>83215538

Somehow Batman Beyond is surviving though. With Jurgens still writing and everything
>>
Can't really be pissed when the fault lies in the shitty comics consumers who didn't buy the books

Technically not DCYou specific, but at least Gotham Academy survived. And Dr Fate somehow (that "Levitz gets a book" rumor seems legit).
>>
>>83215603
They're bring back Terry though
>>
The spirit of DCYou lives on in Young Animal.
>>
>>83215708
DCYou(ng Animal)
>>
Sad to see good books not selling, I also liked a lot of the DCYou stuff. I'm happy that Prez will get those last 6 issues.

At least there's still DCYoung Animal now. Looking forward to all those comics, hopefully Way's huge fanbase will make them succesful.
>>
File: 1444872431426.jpg (233 KB, 600x817) Image search: [Google]
1444872431426.jpg
233 KB, 600x817
>>83215538
I find it fucked that marysue article gets shit on when we all know it was true.
>>
DCYou genuinely wasn't that good.

It was a bunch of mediocre titles that we were supposed to have "fun" with, solely because they were about C/D-listers.

It's so bizarre to see people (especially on /co/) say that these books were great when they were mediocre, disconnected crap. Like, for fuck's sake, everyone's so interested in being a hipster about their comics that they're OK with these boring crap piles.

More funnily is how people think Young Animal is comparable to DCYou. Young Animal is Vertigo's child and will actually focus on quality. DCYou was just "here's this mediocre comic about someone who isn't a heavy-hitter; if you think you're too cool for the main DCU, then this is just for you!"
>>
>>83215708
Thats more early Bergerverse tho
>>
>>83215798
Well that's just like your opinion man. I genuinely enjoyed Omega Men, Midnighter, Prez, Section 8, Martian Manhunter and Hellblazer.

Obviously not all the books they put out were good, but I really liked a lot of them.
>>
>>83215798
>hipster
We're not even talking about independent or creator-owned comics though. We're still firmly in the mainstream. I don't think this is an appropriate occasion to trot out the "hipster" buzzword.
>>
>>83215669

I wonder what happens to Tim. They've spent the last 2 years building him up and the last 1 making the case he deserves to be Batman.

I doubt he's just going to die to give Terry his suit back but its not like they can both be Batman either
>>
File: image.jpg (41 KB, 540x405) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
41 KB, 540x405
DCYou was great. Unfortunately, quality doesn't sell unless there's a big name on the cover.

That said, I've really enjoyed everything about Rebirth thus far and looking forward to its Young Animal successor. I'm glad DCYou set the stage.

Good-night sweet prince. And flights of angels sing thee to thy rest.

F
>>
>>83215798
>it's bad because it is.
>no real argument given.
>>
>>83215778
They said we'd get the second half of Prez starting in October
>>
It was a nice experiment. Had good stuff. Real good stuff that I am gonna miss.

F. F hard, dammit. T_____T
>>
>>83215449
Yeah. I wasn't a fan of the entire DCYou, but Omega Men, Midnighter, Grayson, We Are Robin and Gotham Academy were legit the most fun I've had with cape comics in a while. Glad at least Gotham Academy is returning, and most of the DCYou writers will be involved in new titles.
And I see so many comic fans I know come back to DC because Rebirth, and on one hand I'm glad, but on the other, I'm forever pissed that they didn't show up for the good DCYou shit.
I'll miss it.
Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.