[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Was the New 52 better than Ultimate Marvel?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 2
File: 57894842.jpg (210 KB, 437x598) Image search: [Google]
57894842.jpg
210 KB, 437x598
Was the New 52 better than Ultimate Marvel?
>>
>>83214877
No, but they aren't comparable anyways.
>>
Two completely different things.

The first two seasons of Ultimates are great, but the universe was extreme. With thing like Ultimatum in the universe could not last much.

Nu52 is/was a long-term attempt to reboot.
>>
>>83214877
Better question. Was the New 52 better than Heroes Reborn?
>>
>>83215112
Anything is better than heroes Reborn
>>
>>83214877
Yes. By a mile.
>>
I still call new reboots ultimate and I probably always will
>>
Ulimate Marvel isn't even in the same league as the New 52, because when Ulitmate Marvel was firing on all cylinders, it was some of the best stuff (regardless of company)that I'd read since the bronze age
>>
That's tough because they're sort of different.
New52 tried with a variety of genres, traditional superheroics, magic dc, 90s-esque Wildstorm DC, Westerns....etc
There are times when I am not even sure if it was supposed to be a complete reboot because there were lots of inconsistencies and "left overs" from the pre-52.
Honestly, despite the criticisms of it being too "edgy," I didn't think it was that edgy. But that's just me.

The Ultimate line was not exactly a reboot but a reinterpretation of various titles and IPs and down the line, if they proved to be more profitable/popular, the would eventually replace the main 616. Of course, that never happened what with Ultimates 3, Ultimatum, the eventual slide of various titles into mediocrity. It did heavily influence the mood of the films and 616.

I dunno where I am going with this, but I will say that both had titles and ideas that I liked.
>>
>>83215259
Ultimate marvel never had three good books out at the same time
>>
>>83215950
but it has a string of successful movies made out of it
>>
Pre-Ultimatum, Ultimate Marvel had been consistently good to great. There were a few shaky moments in Ultimate FF and X-men, but for the most part, it was awesome.
>>
>>83215950

USM, The Ultimates, UXM and UFF came at the same time during their best time. And these were, at least, good.
>>
>>83219762
I thought uff came much later
>>
>>83216449
No it didnt.

All the MCUtook from ultimate was

1.Black Fury
2. SHIELD setting the team up
3. Hawkeye and Black Widow as spy partners
4.The name Chitauri

>>83219762
Ultimate X men was at its best post ultimatum

>>83216973
USM an ok UFF ellis millar series and generic as hell UX plus a bunch of forgetable minis is not good to great

Contrary to popular belief, the best runs were AFTER ultimatum

MCU is more like original stories based on 616 concepts
>>
Earth One DC is a better comparison to Ultimate Marvel.
>>
>>83214877
Yes.

New 52 had good books. Ultimate Marvel was just edgy Bush era politics and race swaps.
>>
>>83216449
>b...but movies

There's the marvel fans I know.
Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.