[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Bad Webcomics Thread
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 3
File: 160527a.gif (168 KB, 750x1173) Image search: [Google]
160527a.gif
168 KB, 750x1173
>Sluggy Freelance has finally jumped the shark and sunk to an all new low
>A fucking strip on how to play Craps
>Art is at its worst, despite being going on for almost two decades
>Backstory is incomprehensible to anyone

I'm amazed anyone still reads this
>>
>>83212668
What AM i even looking at?
>>
>>83213137
A comic that has completely lost its charm.

Seems like an eterntiy that I remembered it for having an actually good story.

Which it did. For only the first 5 years of its run
>>
There are so many webcomics like this that are just zombies; shambling along without ever improving or dying. Sluggy, Twokinds, El Goonish Shive, Goblins.

I mean obviously not every comic is going to be Lackadaisy even if they try and try for decades, but god damn if you know you've plateued in 'your' style (often 'your' style in these cases being knockoff anime) do SOMETHING. Even Penny Arcade which seems to be becoming "gamers get older and out of touch THE COMIC" has an artist who's still trying to mix things up, even if it's in a way people dislike.
>>
>>83212668
I've followed Sluggy Freelance since the early 2000's. By the time I finally got caught up, it was in the middle of the 4U city story arc. I followed it right up until shit went bizarre and suddenly Zoe was back.

At this point I'm just waiting for it to finish so I can finish reading and be done with it. The plot might have made sense at one point, but there's entirely too many characters and plotlines going on now. It's even worse that half the plotlines I just don't give a shit about. Hell, the last plotline I gave a shit about was when they were working on figuring out Oasis after 4U City.
>>
File: 971007c.gif (43 KB, 750x286) Image search: [Google]
971007c.gif
43 KB, 750x286
>>83213538
OP here.

...sadly I agree. I remembered there was a time when Sluggy Freelancer was actually fun. Like pic related. When shocks where intriguing. Like in Dangerous Days Ahead. When there were good guest artists. Like in Bikini Suicide Frisbee Days.

Its all gone now. The comic peaked in 2000. And had a momentary gasp of great in DDA. Everything after is just semblances.

I'm the same. I just want it to end. And I think a story like SF has convinced me that some thing sjust have to end. Reboot, sure. But a continuity too long cannot be a good thing.
>>
File: mandy did 911.jpg (531 KB, 800x1132) Image search: [Google]
mandy did 911.jpg
531 KB, 800x1132
>>83212668
got the stone cold lock right here, though any of Bleedman's will do
>>
>>83213751
Bleedman is an alright artist...

BUT AN ATROCIOUS WRITER
>>
>>83213466
>Sluggy, Twokinds, El Goonish Shive, Goblins.

TwoKinds has recieved an incredibly amount of art improvement lately. Who the hell is the new artist? Whyw as the series hated in the first place?

I though Shive was disliked for the same reason Vgcats was disliked.

And honestly, I just don't know what went wrong with Sluggy. There were times when the artist clearly tried.... back in 2000 and 2002. And now its fucking 2016.

What is goblins?
>>
I don't get it
>>
>>83213887
>goblins
A bunch of lumpy fungus men cry a lot, do and see edgy things, and suffer through gratuitous injuries and a suspicious amount of body torture.
Oh, and there's monstergirl rape. Said character is based on the author's mother.
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.