[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Realistically, what the hell was his plan? >the Earth Kingdom
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 54
Thread images: 4
Realistically, what the hell was his plan?
>the Earth Kingdom people are pissed about the hundred years of war and genocide and won't submit their natural resources to us peacefully
>let's just burn it all down, making the entire past hundred years of war pointless
Is there any good justification for this other than making him mustache-twirlingly evil?
>>
>>83212592
It was a final solution, anon. Ending g a war does not make the preceding conflict pointless. It ends the conflict.
>>
The fire nation had am abundance of resources and he thought since they were the strongest nation he thought theu should take over the world or explains it in the episode when he talks to avatar roku so pretty much it was only about conqueeing tje orher benders not resources thats qhy they killed all the air nomads
>>
This isn't a shitty poem OP, people don't go to war over pointless symbolism, they go to war accomplish a goal.
>>
>>83212706
That's exactly what I'm saying. It seems like Ozai was going to war for pointless symbolism.
>>
File: american-liberators.jpg (193 KB, 985x1380) Image search: [Google]
american-liberators.jpg
193 KB, 985x1380
>>83212592

>Realistically, what the hell was his plan?

Evil needs no reason.
>>
>>83212738
It was getting rid of an opposing enemy, that's not pointless or purely symbolic it's pragmatic.
>>
>>83212592
To finish the resistences and assertiva dominance he wanted to show power by destroying everything on his path.

Not really different from what Gengis Khan did when a City refused to surrender at first sight, HE KILLED EVERYONE and destroyed the soil.

It's also not like Ozai would be able to burn down more than 1% of the Earth Kingdom in a day.
>>
What was his plan of action if this had the opposite effect? Like what if he had truly pissed off the entire country even those who lived in complacently under Fire Nation. Cuz I'm pretty sure, population wise, Earth-Benders>>Fire Benders.
>>
>>83212828
Razing an entire continent to the ground isn't exactly pragmatic. Or practical. Or remotely sane. If he was waiting for the comet before the Fire Nation had taken Ba Sing Sae, a coordinated strike on that seemingly impregnable fortress would have made sense. They already had the entire government and capital under control, the last major opposition force they had left was swept up during the eclipse. The remnants of the Earth Kingdom army were scattered and weak, all that left was the Northern Water Tribe, which from a tactical point of view would have been a much better target for the full might of Comet Powered Firebenders. Ozai had basically already won, the only thing in the world that could have stopped him at that point was Aang. And he did.
>>
>>83212960
But there was still resistance from the Earth Kingdom who hadn't learned their lesson in a century, so they had to die.
>>
>>83212592
Because like a PHOENIX from the ashes the world will be reborn. He was calling himself the Phoenix king op, pay attention.
>>
>>83212920
>what if he had truly pissed off the entire country
You say that like a literally 100 year-long war and the genocide of the pacifist Air Nomads, as well as the attempted genocide of the Water Tribe, hadn't already made everyone hate the Fire Nation.

>those who lived in complacently under Fire Nation
They lived like that because the Fire nation had already brutally destroyed their armies and could do so even more easily now given their absolute monopoly on airpower.

His plan works because it demonstrates how utterly outmatched anyone is against him as well as the terrifying consequences of fighting him would be.
>>
>>83213055
>it demonstrates how utterly outmatched anyone is against him

This, it's pretty much the same reason why Japan surrendered WWII. They did think that they still stood a chance, and were willing to fight when america would invade. Except we didn't invade, we dropped a couple atomic bombs and they realized that there was no possible way to fight it.
>>
>>83213038
Yeah, I get that. But I don't see how you can really build anything after all life in the Earth Kingdom is burned off the face of the planet.
>>
I don't get what's so hard to understand about his plan. He obviously wasn't going to burn down the entire Earth Kingdom, that's exaggeration. It was a show of power in order to terrorise his opponents.
>>
>>83213055
>>83213142
But he's already burnt down the entire Earth Kingdom following this plan. Who's left to capitulate, the Waterbender Tribes? It's all well and good saying he's making an example of what happens when you go against the Fire Nation, but he's just genocided the second of four races, and a good 50% of the global population with it. Who is left to actually care or learn from this example? Do you not think part of the reason why the Earth Kingdom fought on for so long was because they saw how the Fire Nation already wiped the Air Nomads out of existence and they don't want the same to happen to them?
>>
>>83213226
>all life in the Earth Kingdom is burned off the face of the planet.
But that's not what was happening. It doesn't even make sense. The EK is continent sized, Ozai burned a strip of land that his blimp passed over. Even with other fire venders causing havoc there's no way he would ever have wiped out everybody in the EK in the passing of the Comet. It doesn't even make sense, I don't remember that being mentioned in the show and if it was, I'm sure it was figurative
>>
Aang really didn't even NEED to fight Ozai right then and there.

The airships were taken care of, the plan was foiled.
>>
>>83213301
Earth Kingdom people still lived in Fire Nation occupied villages and even in Fire Nation colonies. Genocide wasn't Ozai's goal.
>>
>>83212592
You expected a dangerous narcissist like him to have a plan more complex than "Make the Fire Nation Great Again"?
>>
>>83213280
>>83213343
>mustache twirling villain says he's going to burn down the world and make a new one from the ashes
>proceeds to start burning down the world
>"clearly he was just being figurative"
>"maybe he was just exaggerating"

No it doesn't make any sense. Ozai was a fucking lunatic, if the way he disfigured his firstborn son for a social faux pas wasn't enough of a clue. He was a two-dimensional genocidal loon. The creators certainly didn't put any more thought into the show, why should you?
>>
>>83213343
Being generous, you could assume that Ozai was burning a two mile wide path through the Earth Kingdom. If you assume that he's charted his path properly, he could be cutting vital supply lines for the Earth Kingdom armies in half or targeting the land itself to destroy the wood and mining infastructure, or been aiming for Earth Kingdom farms since with their capitol under Fire Nation control (which includes the massive farms in the outer wall) there could have been major food shortages in the rest of the country.

But not only would destroying roads be a minor setback for earthbenders who can literally shape stone, it probably would have been better to have had the airships split up and each make attacks on individual weak points since a giant flamewall spewing airship would be able to destroy a shitload on it's own, and the Avatar and co. couldn't go after all the ships if they tried.
>>
>>83213226
Nigga he wouldn't burned the entire continent. Don't be stupid.

He was showing his power and sharing enemies.
>>
File: 1 (1).jpg (120 KB, 728x1051) Image search: [Google]
1 (1).jpg
120 KB, 728x1051
>>83213461
Shitting on Zuko was a way to ensure that Azula would take the throne instead of him. Also Zuko is a failed exeriment in eugenics AND Ursa said to hinde that Zuko was an ilegitimate son and a bastard.

Also, what Ozai did was no different from what Genghis Khan used to do. Who would know that showing utterly ultimate power scare opposition and facilitates the dominate on of a foreign country?
>>
>>83213591
Auto correct really fucked me over.
>>
>>83213301
The goal was to destroy hope to quench rebellion. His forces were spread thin and there was no way to manage every rebel group that popped up. He does say that the ships were heading to ba sing se. The comet wouldn't have lasted long enough for him to burn a whole nation.
>>
>>83213461
>burn down the world and make a new one from the ashes
>implying that isn't figurative as fuck
Or do you take the "make a new one from the ashes" part equally as literally
How was Ozai going to make a planet out of ash? Does he secretly have access to world generating super technology?
>>
>>83212663
>>83212629

Given the spelling errors and grammatical issues, I can conclude that this man was having a stroke.
>>
>>83213680
Typing on a phone, actually. The damn thing sometimes randomly doubles an ending "g". My fat thumbs, I suppose.
>>
>>83212592
What Earth Kingdom?
>>
>>83213301
>why the Earth Kingdom fought on for so long

Really it's because Sozin is an idiot. He decided to genocide a small tribe of pacifists. It's like China attacking Tibet. No one is really threatened by showing force against a small nation with a weak military. If he would have targeted Omasu and Ba sing se then the Earth Kingdom would have folded quickly. The air nomads would mind their own until the war comes to them, which means the only nation to focus on would be the water tribes.
>>
>>83212592
>Everything they've built will fall! And from the ashes of their world, we'll build a better one
>>
File: 800px-Flowers_Yellowstone_1989.jpg (403 KB, 800x1185) Image search: [Google]
800px-Flowers_Yellowstone_1989.jpg
403 KB, 800x1185
>>83213461
Remember when the fire nation burnt down a forest, and Aang showed the Ghost Panda a seed that was growing. Ash is actually amazing fertilizer for plants. It only takes a year after a fire for the plants to grow back. In 1988 yellowstone had a huge fire, the next year it looked like this. The trees are still burnt, but things are growing.
>>
>>83213756
But the purpose of attacking the Air Nomads wasn't really to make an example of them, it was to kill the Avatar. If the Fire Nation attacked the Earth Kingdom first it would've alerted all the other nations (along with whatever parts of the Earth Kingdom wasn't attacked/burned down) and Aang (pretending he hadn't run off yet) would've been placed into hiding, giving the rest of the nations one big superweapon against the Fire Nation.
>>
>>83213868
You probably put more thought into that then the writers did. Not saying you're wrong.
>>
>>83213756
>It's like China attacking Tibet
>>
>>83213910
Well plants breathe CO2, and ash is rich in it. Also when the fire is making smoke, that is filled with CO2 which can help plants that weren't burnt to grow healthier.
>>
>>83213461
>>83213910
>Heh, probably more thought than the WRITERS, UGH. Am I right?

Who hurt you?
>>
>>83213897
That wouldn't have helped much since they knew that the avatar would be reborn into the water tribe. If it were the north then the Fire Nation wouldn't have had a chance to get to him/her. After that though the Avatar would be born into the Fire Nation.
>>
>>83214128
It's a cartoon show bud, I hope they didn't put that much effort into it.

And plus, y'know, there's literally nothing to show that Ozai wasn't just trying to be poetic in his speech to Azula.
>>
>>83214172
Why not putting effort into a cartoon? Have you ever talked to an animator/writter?
>>
>>83214172
>God, those F*cking writers put NO EFFORT. F*cking hacks

Did they write your favorite character into a grave or what?
>>
>>83213962
What are the dots for?
>>
>>83214229
You just described Korra.
>>
>>83214229
Funny how I never said or implied that I was mad at the writers about anything.

But fine, show me any evidence from the show itself that Ozai was doing anything more than being poetic in his speech to Azula.
>>
>>83214337
Nobody os shitting on you for that part of what you said.
>>
>>83214337
>>83214369
Suck each other off already
>>
>>83214369
Yeah, I know they're shitting on me for saying that an anon probably put more thought into a ten second line of dialogue than the writers themselves did. I'll say it again. Did I say he put more effort into it then the entire show? No, I didn't.
>>
>>83213897
This is something that came up a lot when is play 5-color magic. Someone uses all resources to wipe out 1guy, and the test of the table is against him. I never got why, when air genocide happened, why earth, water(, and heart) didn't band together to curb stomp fire
>>
>>83214535
Earth Kingdom nave is made of wood and there is no Earth to bend on the Sea. They would be fucking destroyed.

South Water Tribe was the second target of of Fire Nation, probably because Water is the next one the avatar cycle. Again, Earth benders doesn't have an easy acess to help people on a place like South pole, much less fight there.

Seeing all this shit made the North Tribe isolationists behind their Ice walls. Fire Nation would need a fucking big army to conquer the bigger Tribe, and the water nation concentred on their defenses.

They went back to war at the end of season 1, seeing that they could actually win with the avatar.
>>
>>83212592
Crops can be resown. And wild fire actually makes plants grow faster after they come back.
>>
>>83212592
Man that outfit looks fucking retarded and him calling himself Phoenix was even more retarded.
Guess nothing its perfect
>>
>>83213756
As the other anon said, the purpose of killing all the air nomads was to prevent the Avatar rebirth (and, theoretically, all the Avatars that would come after). If Aand hadn't fled, which was unpredictable, the Fire Nation would have won the war.
Thread replies: 54
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.