[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Flash Season 2 Finale
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 59
Thread images: 7
File: flash-season-2-finale[1].jpg (23 KB, 400x267) Image search: [Google]
flash-season-2-finale[1].jpg
23 KB, 400x267
Alright you silly fucks, listen up.

This episode was flawless.

It:
-Fixed the "Time Remnant" plot hole from previous episodes
-Concluded Barry's arc with Iris
-Cleverly inverted Zoom's behavior with time remnants by having Barry's remnant sacrifice himself instead of just using duplicates and murdering one to avoid wraiths
-Had Barry literally save all of creation
-Completed Wally's arc with Joe
-Revisited the fucking retarded season 1 finale and fixed that shit
-Wrapped up Barry's arc by having him be willing to sacrifice himself and his timeline to right what Thawne had done
-Provided closure and emotional catharsis with Barry stopping Thawne
-Perfectly book-ended the series

As far as I'm concerned the show ended here. That was the series finale and it was fucking perfect. Anywhere they try to go from here will fail.
>>
Go to bed Chad
>>
>>83212387
Fuck off Billy, this episode was amazing. Leagues better than anything I expected from this show.
>>
>>83212331
>the team tries to stop Zoom by throwing him on earth-2, despite knowing he can open a portal whenever he wants and despite not being satisfied with having him off earth-1 earlier in the season
>Zoom needs Barry to run 500 laps with him around the thing for his plan to work. Instead of doing 1000 laps himself. Or 500 with a time remnant that would have been a willing participant not trying to stop him

>flawless
>>
I really enjoyed the Barry time remnant. that was cool.

it really sets the stage for the kind of stuff barry will do in the future. (Particularly, I got COIE vibes from his remnant's sacrifice)
>>
>>83212766
>despite knowing he can open a portal whenever he wants

I thought Zoom could only activate existing breaches, hence him being all super bummed until Cisco re-opened the breaches.
>>
>>83212766
>the team acts like idiots and stops Barry from helping
It fits them completely and gave Barry time to come up with a real plan. Characters making bad decisions in-character is not a flaw in the episode.
>Zoom...
Running for that long with a remnant would alert the wraiths, and 500 cycles at X power is not the same as 1000 cycles at X/2 power

>>83212814
I'm pretty sure the remnant's sacrifice was an explicit reference to crisi

>>83212847
That's correct.

Anyone who thought this was a bad finale is wrong, especially if they disliked Barry saving Nora.
>>
DUDE RACE LMAO
DUDE MY DAD JUST DIED BUT FUCK IT CISCO KEEP ON QUIPPING LMAO
it was shit
>>
>>83212916
>DUDE MY DAD JUST DIED BUT FUCK IT CISCO KEEP ON QUIPPING LMAO
What? Half the episode was about how Barry was freaking the fuck out.
>>
>>83212913
so question, why did the wraiths not take barry for being the one that made a time remnant? or did they just sense a remnant and took zoom because he was the one constantly trying to break the rules?
>>
>>83213084
Speed Force
>>
>>83213084

Zoom had been doing it worse and longer. Higher priority.

But a lot of this sucked.
>>
How did Zoom make a power suppression mask and a speed drug? There was no evidence he had high level schooling in the field necessary to create them.
>>
>>83213084
1) His time remnant was dead
2) The Speed Force wanted Hunter way more than it wanted Barry

>>83213284
Wasn't Hunter in CW-verse a brilliant physicist?
>>
>>83213284
And Barry knows little about theoretical physics, until he speed reads a couple textbooks on the subject. He then forgets it and has to re-read those books, the same probably applies to Zoom as well.
>>
This finale was actually a really good finale, agreed.

Infact, this season was also great as well.
>>
>tfw no patty spivot
>>
>>83213743
I would rape Patty if you get my drift.
>>
>>83212916
Cisco only quipped once.
>>
>>83213571
Season was luke warm at best, it had a good beginning and good end, but the middle was fucking terrible at times.

I blame LoT set up, they never quite recovered the momentum and had to speed through plot shit because of it.

Still the best CW cape show though.
>>
So Zoom is a time wraith now right? IF you look closely at the time wraiths mask when Barry went back in time to find Wellsobard, the right side of it is destroyed. In the finale Zooms mask was ruined in the same way.
>>
>>83213246
If he was a priority, why weren't they after him to begin with. That's like a cop ignoring a wanted murderer walking the streets until he sees someone else jaywalking.
>>
>>83213824
He became the Black Flash, the embodiment of death for speedsters.
>>
So is Flash S2 actually good
>>
>>83214511
No
>>
>>83212331
>>/tv/
>>
>>83214511
First half was good, second was hit or miss. And it missed often.
>>
>>83214542
That desd horse has been beated so long, you've gone through the horse and are just hitting the pavement beneath it. And yet, adaptations are still allowed here.
>>
>>83212847
>>83212913
Except there was never a breach within CCPD to begin with. They even explicitly state Zoom can open them on his own by the time of the finale.
>>
Can you imagine what Thawne was thinking in that moment? What was this, a 3rd or 4th Barry in the same vicinity? And he just straight up murders him without fanfare or monologue.
>>
File: catman.jpg (12 KB, 200x200) Image search: [Google]
catman.jpg
12 KB, 200x200
>final battle between hero and villain

>it's just five minutes of them running on the outside of a giant donut before Dementors show up and Poochie Zoom out of existence

I could not have possibly been more disappointed.
>>
File: 1307903857058.jpg (148 KB, 550x550) Image search: [Google]
1307903857058.jpg
148 KB, 550x550
>>83212331

>-Perfectly book-ended the series

Nigga, he just flash-pointed the Arrow-verse!
It's all going downhill from here!

At least we can just pretend that season 3 does not exist because of how season 2 ended.
>>
Boy Im so happy those Time Wraiths finally decided to show up. Its almost like they could have appeared at......any.......time......huh
>>
>>83216196
>Nigga, he just flash-pointed the Arrow-verse!
Good, fuck that show. It was never good.

>>83215977
>fuck thematic inversion, fuck dark mirrors, fuck story and character growth! I just want to see two grown men punch each other a lot!
End yourself.
>>
>>83212331
While i agree the episode was amazing, it doesnt wrap up as nice as you make it out to be.
Barry creates a flashpoint scenario and then we also have zoom as black racer.
>>
>>83216335

>>fuck thematic inversion, fuck dark mirrors, fuck story and character growth

None of that happened.

Wait no, the dark mirror shit appeared out of nowhere in the last episode because apparently Zoom turned into Emperor Palatine at the end and wanted to corrupt Barry. Which came out of fucking nowhere.

>inb4 but their origins were mirrored!

And? Zoom never saw Barry as anything other then his speed supply for 95% of the season. His motivation changed for no fucking reason in the last couple episodes, there was zero justification for why Zoom suddenly turned into a Sith Lord.
>>
>>83216423
Flashpoint didn't happen because Barry simply saved his mom.
It was because he did it in a way that was like throwing a rock at a mirror.
>>
>>83216491
>None of that happened.
Did you miss the entire ending?

Zoom wanted Barry to be willing to kill himself (his remnant) indiscriminately for power, to be ruthless and savage in getting what he wants. Instead Barry created a time remnant to do something he knew would be suicide.

Hunter has been a dark reflection of Barry since we saw his origin, every part of that episode was about how Hunter was similar to Barry with slight differences.

>Zoom blah blah blah
Dark mirror is a fucking theme, not a motivation you twit.
>>
>>83216423
They're inevitably going to do Flashpoint in season 3, which is why I said this is my series finale. Flashpoint wasn't caused in the comics by saving Nora it was the way he time traveled, and CW Flash has failed to make any real argument that saving Nora would be bad except that the current timeline reverts back to the prime timeline.
>>
>>83216609

>Hunter has been a dark reflection of Barry since we saw his origin, every part of that episode was about how Hunter was similar to Barry with slight differences.

Again, something that only came up in the very last episode. The writers just introduced it at the 11th hour, instead of actually exploring it at length they just dropped it in at the end because Zoom as a character made zero sense and so they decided "dark mirror" was as good as anything for a final arc.

>Dark mirror is a fucking theme, not a motivation you twit.

And they turned it into his fucking motivation at the end. Subtext became text became the fucking plot, and it was done so poorly they had to introduce a universe-ending MacGuffin for no fucking reason just to create their hypothetical moral scenario.
>>
>>83216735
>Again, something that only came up in the very last episode
Anon, Hunter's origin was 2x18. The last third of the season had it in play.
>and they turned it into his motivation
I don't think you understand what dark mirror means, which is ridiculous because it's pretty fucking self-evident.
>>
>>83216196
There no Arrow-verse anon is the Guggenheim-verse know the flaspoint will affect all other CW series except Arrow they guy don't want Felicity to be touched by this
>>
>>83216783
Further, we're talking about the finale. I agree that season 2 was way weaker than season 1. the finale of season 2 was way stronger than anything the show has ever had.

I'm not sorry that you didn't get your big stupid super-speed fight which would look like shit anyway because CGI budgets.
>>
>>83212847
They only mention that he could open beaches. Not anything to do with needing having them be open beforehand.
But also don't forget the part where Jessie said she wanted to go back to E2 after they beat Zoom.
By sending him to E2
And never reopening the beaches
>>
>>83216783

>Anon, Hunter's origin was 2x18. The last third of the season had it in play.

They had it in play and then promptly forgot about it so Barry could lose his speed for the billionth time and re-tread his dead mom arc again.

>>83216820

>I'm not sorry that you didn't get your big stupid super-speed fight which would look like shit anyway because CGI budgets.

Yeah the Sonic The Hedgehog race around the doughnut was so much deeper and better.

The first season finale basically didn't have a fight with Thawne and was far better written. At least the little morality play it had was fucking set up by the rest of the season and paid off in aw ay that amde sense.
>>
File: large[1].jpg (23 KB, 500x674) Image search: [Google]
large[1].jpg
23 KB, 500x674
>>83217017
>he liked the S1 finale in any capacity
>>
>>83217049
What was wrong with it?
>>
>>83212766
>Zoom needs Barry to run 500 laps with him around the thing for his plan to work. Instead of doing 1000 laps himself. Or 500 with a time remnant that would have been a willing participant not trying to stop him
Clearly you don't understand how a villain's mind works. Sure, he could have used a time remnant to help him, but would it not be infinitely more damaging to your nemesis if you used him to destroy countless worlds instead? That's the whole purpose of his plan: to show Barry that he's just as fucked up as Zoom.
>>
>>83217961
Pretty much everything:
-Joe gave Barry a speech about not saving his mom because his mom dying is what makes him special.
-Everyone forgot what they knew about the prime timeline for no raisin (Barry is Flash but gets his powers later, marries Iris, his parents raise him, etc.)
-Caitlin pointlessly marries Ronnie when the plan is to eliminate this entire timeline
-Cisco builds Thawne a time bubble despite Thawne having already told them how to time travel, he has no leverage, let him rot in the cell
-"Barry, if you're not at the speed we need when you hit the single hydrogen atom you'll explode us all." "What about all the air in the collider? Isn't that made up of atoms?" "Shut the fuck up, Barry."
-Eddie kills himself causing a paradox that gets solved by runsfast for no reason
-Stop speedy self! We've provided no reason not to save your mom and dad and wells and everyone who was killed directly or indirectly by the accelerator explosion, but don't do it anyway!

That last point was repaired by the season 2 finale.
>>
>>83218301
Oh, and I almost forgot.

Caitlin, a PhD Biologist who works every day with physicists in a goddamned particle accelerator, asks "What's a singularity?" when Joe is in the goddamned frame.
>>
File: Vash17.jpg (32 KB, 702x291) Image search: [Google]
Vash17.jpg
32 KB, 702x291
>>83217017
>>
how come there's hardly any talk of the Arrow finale?

was it not that good?

Flash finale is nice.
>>
>>83212331
I'm a bit pissed about the Time Remnant thing because:

A: It was a Bart-exclusive power.
B: One of them dying put Bart in a fugue state and fucked him up enough he never used it again.
>>
>>83212331
I haven't been keeping up with Season 2 of Flash, why is he racing Tron?
>>
>>83221536
It's not Tron, it's Johnny Quick
>>
File: invincible.png (511 KB, 1053x622) Image search: [Google]
invincible.png
511 KB, 1053x622
GOOD things about the finale.

>Wally transforming into the hero he's destined to be
>JWS Flash
>the final race scene

That fucking scene in Invincible between him and Joe hit me directly in the feels.

>"The Flash can't be everywhere at once! I have to do what I can to help! I have to show him I was worth.. being saved."

If anyone has ever truly deserved speed powders, it's Wally.
>>
File: Fry Saw What You Did.png (465 KB, 1440x900) Image search: [Google]
Fry Saw What You Did.png
465 KB, 1440x900
>>83218301
>no raisin
>>
>>83212331
>Provided closure and emotional catharsis with Barry stopping Thawne
Did it really? We just had an episode where Barry came to accept that he didn't save his mother, and then he does it which he should know will cause a bunch of shit to go down.
>>
>>83212331
>anything about the finale wrapping up an arc or storyline
And then Barry goes back in time to rewrite history so none of that ever happens. What a perfect finale.
Thread replies: 59
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.