[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Who is the biggest qt in comics right now and why is it Batgirl?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2
File: batgirl.jpg (782 KB, 1000x1537) Image search: [Google]
batgirl.jpg
782 KB, 1000x1537
Who is the biggest qt in comics right now and why is it Batgirl?
>>
>>83210646
>40 years old acting like a teenager
>>
>>83210646
That is not Kamala or Gwenpool. Hell, it's not even Singularity
>>
That.....is cute?
>>
>>83210791
Imagine that Kamala, Gwenpool and Nova team-up, draw by gurihiru
>>
>>83210664
>40
I get that Hellcat has to be pushing 40 when you consider her age vs the ages of beast and cyclops. But aren't all the ages in DC capped around making making sure batman isn't like a billion? Like Batman is like 45 at the oldest and I would think Barb and Dick are at least 10 years younger
>>
>>83210885
Dick Grayson is 23 years old according to Grayson.
Barbra acts and is drawn like a 17-year-old at the absolute OLDEST.
>>
>>83210903
Yeah which is off case she should be a few years older than dick. Just like how star fire should be taller than dick

But still someone 26 acting like a retarded is different than someone who is 40
>>
File: Oracle shower.jpg (501 KB, 1280x2014) Image search: [Google]
Oracle shower.jpg
501 KB, 1280x2014
>>83210646
Is there any fanservice in the nu52 series?
>>
Sluts can't be qt, silly OP.
>>
>>83210903
>23 + 10 years everyone forgot
>33 years old

unless the 10 years literally never happened and that's what they mean with lost
>>
>>83211346
But Anon. You're a cute slut.
>>
>>83211385
I think the ten years literally never happened, hence Batman's compressed timeline and his sidekicks growing up and out of being Robin much faster then before and now Wally 1 being clearly much younger then when he vanished.

But my point is, his actual age was stated in Grayson's first issue and Barbra should be close to his age or a bit older as she used to be, but looks younger and acts less mature then most of DC's actual teenage heroes.
This is especially egregarious as Babs was always portrayed as smarter and more mature then her age (retroactively in some cases) after she finally got some serious characterization during the Bronze Age with her first engagement to Jason Baird and her time as Oracle.
It's like they wanted a comic book to appeal to the teenage girl crowd without realizing most teenage girls who act like Barbra does in her newer series will not be into comics and forgot that they DID have younger Batgirle that could fit the role better that they could bring back.

nu52 Batgirl is one of DC's titles that would be more at home at modern Marvel; based on false suppositions of the like of readers (new or otherwise) that they will attract to comics and flying in the face of everything written about the character before and finally having the problem of being what 40 year old men think 17 year old girls act like today.
>>
>>83211521
Nice
>>
>>83211521
I don't really see why they didn't just use Steph as Batgirl in nu52. I mean with Oracle leading her you'd have two ideal components for a book, the wise older woman who acts as the brains of the two who still kicks ass despite being in a wheelchair, with the young 'spunky' girl as her protegee. You still have enough drama coming from Babs being crippled by the Joker, whilst you also have the usual 'young person growing into their own role' from Steph.

But I guess it's primarily to do with brand identity, people that don't actually read or buy comics are more familiar with Babs as Batgirl, so you have to show her off the most, in some vain attempt to get new readers in.
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.