[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Are there any good X-Men storylines that don't deal with
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 3
Are there any good X-Men storylines that don't deal with MUH SOCIAL ACCEPTANCE?
>>
>>83210637
Most of them are about dealing with aliens or alternate future clones or some stupid bullshit.
Also, is it so hard to phrase your question like a nonretard. I'd be more inclined to help you find something if I didn't already thing you were a jackass.
>>
>>83210637
That's sorta their thing anon. Their WHOLE thing. Try inhumans or something
>>
>>83210672

Sorry I was just trying to fit in.

But yeah, I feel like they're limited to the same topics of mutants and honing your skills, just wondering if they ever switched it up big time through the franchise.
>>
>>83210637
You should check out X-Men: The End. Not a single social issue in sight and it's written by the legendary Chris Claremont ;^)
>>
>>83210637
Nearly every story written by Chris Claremont during his run.
You're apparently basically only familiar with the X-Men comics that happened AFTER the run that defines the team and made them famous and gave them the success they have today ended. Arguably Claremont had only ONE storyline that revolve around it and it was a graphic novel and not even a part of his core run; they mostly fought supervillains, aliens, and demons.
Actually, the X-Men fought supernatural shit quite a bit during Claremont's run come to think of it...:.

It's like saying you've seen great basketball if every professional team in the nation is manned literally entirely by geriatric old men who cannot dribble or jump anymore; you're only really familiar with recent developments, even if these events are of considerably lower average quality then what came before.
>>
>>83210696
It's been their thing ever since Claremont left and hacks wrote them ever since, yes.
Maybe you should actually read comics. Like, ones that are generally considered worth reading instead of just new stuff, especially when new X-Men stuff is generally agreed to be horseshit on average.
>>
>>83210710
See >>83210724, >>83210756.
>>
>>83210756
You're a retard anon. Congrats on the mental mutation
>>
File: 1706941-professor2.jpg (121 KB, 618x960) Image search: [Google]
1706941-professor2.jpg
121 KB, 618x960
Is social acceptance really the same thing as "trying to avoid being ethnically cleansed"?
>>
>>83210637
Earth X trilogy
>>
>>83210801
Sorry dude, most actual X-Men readers will agree that the past six years have been sub-par, and that quality has been decent to middling to awful after Morrison's run before that.
Part of it was that when the X-Men EXPLODED into popularity and being found in every form of media except feature films was in the 90's, an era defined by the writer that made them famous in the first place getting kicked out because his artist wanted to write his own X-Men fanfiction, and then said artist leaving the book to form Image comics with his friends leaving Marvel to scramble to put someone on the book to fill the void.

The 90's were when the X-Men were at their biggest and most omnipresent, and also at their most utterly confusing and obtuse (you could not open even a single issue without a "BUY THIS ISSUE TO UNDERSTAND THIS REFERENCE, ON SALE NOW!" tab repeated at least five times a book, which I know because I actually counted once) leading to all kinds of problems with plotting and story.
>>
>>83210637
Both phoenix sagas, brood saga, mutant massacre, and inferno
>>
>>83210821
it is according to the white man
>>
>>83210905
Also if you want to read xmen books without x in the title Excalibur is like xmen Dr who and new mutants fight shit like less demon bears, alien robots, and go to asgard
>>
You know, the X-Men worked a lot better as superheroes when they even kept their existence a secret.
Like, for decades their whole thing was doing the whole superhero team thing covertly and retreating to their mansion hideaway which NOBODY KNEW was a superhero base.
After they got outed during an 80's storyline they were made secret again through plot stuff (it's weird and will take too long to explain) until Morrison's run on X-Men where Xavier made them a public superhero group and openly made Xavier's School known as a place where mutants hung out and figured out how to use their powers.
>>
File: kitty has claws.jpg (232 KB, 615x900) Image search: [Google]
kitty has claws.jpg
232 KB, 615x900
>>83210724
>Arguably Claremont had only ONE storyline that revolve around it and it was a graphic novel and not even a part of his core run;
Not true.
>>
>>83211014
Yeah DoFP kinda addresses it. A lot of the things in the latter part of his run post brood saga revolve around to a degree the who racism thing
>>
>>83211014
>>83211029
It's kinda funny; this plotline here is resolved when a killer robot from the future comes to kill the X-Men.
Basically it stops being social commentary and starts being Teminator.
Oh, and lest I forget the storyline is temporarily derailed when the Hyborian Age sorcerer Kulan Gath takes over New York and turns it into a fantasy kingdom where everyone is a Conan-izee version of themselves.
The biggest and most notable social storylines involve Magneto directly I think; a lot of the time they just end up fighting wizards and aliens (fuck yeah Space Knight ROM) and demons.

Also, DoFP's major plot point wasn't that it was just a racial thing (because the Marvel Universe was kind of only barely aware of mutants in the 80's) but that Mystique was fucking around in the Pentagon incognito doing supervillain shit and when she's discovered she sets off a chain creation leading to the DoFP timeline.
>>
>>83211190
>Space Knight ROM
The X-Men did a LOT of fighting the Dire Wraiths just before the part where they go through the Siege Perilous and the Australia arc begins don't they?
>>
>>83210637
most of pre-morrison stuff
Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.