[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
dc rebirth dr. manhattan questions
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 39
Thread images: 3
File: DC-Rebirth-Featured-032816.jpg (187 KB, 970x545) Image search: [Google]
DC-Rebirth-Featured-032816.jpg
187 KB, 970x545
since geoff johns says manhattan's not the villain what are the odds he's working for someone else
>>
>>83201258
He said that he's not a villain just the antagonist.

The implication isn't that Manhattan is working for someone else, just that he's not especially evil.
>>
>>83201298
yes but wally said there was a darkness infecting everyone even beofre the new 52 I don't think he was talking about manhattan
>>
>>83201464
The "darkness" is the cynicism and deconstructionist philosophies Watchmen helped give rise to.

Manhattan's literal involvement in tampering with the DCU is being used as a metaphor for that real life trend.

But just because Manhattan made the universe darker doesn't mean he MEANT to.

He could be apathetically playing god, unaware of or unable to help inadvertantly skewing the results of his experiment because his own personality is cynical.
>>
>>83201615
THAT'S COMPLETELY IDIOTIC!!!
>>
>>83201733
CHECK OUT THIS SWEET CAPS LOCK ACTION!!!
>>
>>83201258
Maybe he's doing it for a good reason?
>>
>>83202007
AVAILABLE NOW AT TOYS-R-US AND KMART
>>
>>83202643
you want your throat slit asshole?!
>>
>>83202842
Only if it's slit TO my asshole.
>>
Do we have any idea what book(s) this plot line is gonna be followed up in?
>>
>>83202896
Probably Titans.

And the Superman books if "Mr. Oz" does turn out to be Ozymandias.
>>
>thinking his involvement is gonna be grand
>zaps 3 people and fucks off
Hello Pandora 2.0, can't wait for your cameos on the num 1s.
>>
File: 1458846618045.png (226 KB, 427x387) Image search: [Google]
1458846618045.png
226 KB, 427x387
>>83202858
>>
>>83202858
I can find out where you live, and kill you
>>
>>83201615

wally did say there was going to be conflict with Hope and Despair, Love and Apathy.

not Hate or Anger, Apathy w/c sums up Doc Manhattan.
>>
File: TNSREB_Cv1_r1.jpg (329 KB, 781x1200) Image search: [Google]
TNSREB_Cv1_r1.jpg
329 KB, 781x1200
>>83202896

Titans. Look at the background
>>
>>83201615
>The "darkness" is the cynicism and deconstructionist philosophies Watchmen helped give rise to
>tries to be insightful
>uses figurative quotes
>ends sentence with a preposition
>>
>>83206052

can't wait to see booth do 3x3s
>>
I just wonder how long they are going to fucking drag out the on-page reveal Manhattan is the villain. Especially if Geoff Johns is gone from writing comics for DC.

Still have fucking flashbacks to how long it took for Pandora to show up properly and how by that time, they had ditched her entire plotline for the sake of doing a fucking Crime Syndicate storyline.

At this rate, I fully expect Reverse Flash to get the knod for who is to blame, as far as completing Zoom's transition to Green Goblin level hack writing plot device for bad shit happening to Flash/the Marvel Universe.
>>
>>83206953

2 years. Manhattan isn't a villain either.
>>
>>83206953
Depends on sales.

If they start slipping, I would expect an appearance by Manhattan by the sixth month mark.

At worse, they'll save his big return for either Action Comics or Detective Comics #1000, for maximum synergy.
>>
>>83207236
I can see that hppening on action comics, but Detective comics? no way, Batbooks always have stronger editors than the supes line, no way this crap is splitting on that.
>>
>>83201733
It's not idiotic it's just tacky as fuck.
>>
So you're saying dr Manhattan hates lesbians getting married so he prevented the bat woman wedding
This is genius
Is dr Manhattan a trump supporter? Was he just trying to make comics great again but in this new age they just want to all be gay and he can't seem to stop it
>>
>>83201615
I mostly agree with this.

Also, Manhattan and whoever's manipulating him are metaphors for comic editors and the boards of directors who want more moolah.
>>
>>83207447
>So you're saying dr Manhattan hates lesbians getting married so he prevented the bat woman wedding
This is lending credence to the bullshit "Rorschach got Manhattan's powers" theory.
>>
>>83207365
Detective Comics would get the big reveal because that book would need the sales boost far far far far far far far more than Action Comics could.
>>
>>83207411
hail hydra
>>
>>83203765
You said that all wrong, man. It's supposed to be

I CAN FIND OUT WHERE YOU LIVE, AND KILL YOU!!!
>>
>>83201258
Wait what Dr Manhattan is literally in DC books now?
>>
>>83208785
Yes. He somehow traveled to the DCU and interfered with time when Barry was restoring it at the end of Flashpoint, so he is in fact the one responsible for the Nu52 being so shitty, not Barry and Pandora.
>>
>>83208785
>ahurrrrdurrrr I don't read comics but I want to know things so I can complain about them because they're related to other things I know
>>
>>83208785
Yes.

He killed 3 people already!
>>
>>83208858
Oh.
>>83208844
What's wrong with that? I do read comics but the big "event" ones are fucking pointless. learned that the hard way.
>>
>>83208900
DC's event comics usually have emotional moments and character development.

I mean, not always...but Infinite Crisis and Flashpoint did and this one isn't really an event so much as a series of tearjerker moments starring Classic Wally West
>>
>>83208929
Maybe I've been burned one too many times, I'm not even complaining about this turn really, though I bet Alan Moore is.
>>
Why did Wally visit so many people? Did every one of them have ties to him? Also how come nobody but Barry recognized him? I'm probably missing something, so I apologize in advance.
>>
>>83209347
>Did every one of them have ties to him?

Yes. Except Johnny Thunder, that was just because he thought he might be remembering the past.

The reason Barry is the only one who recognized him is because Barry's connected to the Speed Force, and partially responsible for history changing in the first place.

Everyone else's memories have been overwritten by Nu52 continuity.
Thread replies: 39
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.