[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>I am no one, but a stranger.. The Stranger comes to his
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 132
Thread images: 121
>I am no one, but a stranger..

The Stranger comes to his end.
All stories have to conclude sometime.
Another trial to get to the end of and then
Then he will face the final gate to destiny...

This is-
Didio & DeMatteis' The Phantom Stranger: Finale
>>
And here we go...
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bnlvPoDU5LY
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
Part 20:
wherein the crack in creation continues
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
Part 21:
wherein it runs deep
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
Part 22:
wherein taking it with the big man
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>83197721
>>83197741
>>83197770
>>83197790
This is an amazing sequence. DeMatteis and Blanco nail it perfectly.
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>83198261
Amazing spread.
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>83198104
Hell yeah they do
>>
Part 23:
wherein AGAINST GOD
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>83198587
he's just a puppy, how hard could it be?
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
One last issue...
>>
Final Issue:
wherein the Stranger walks alone
>>
>>
>>
>>83198918
This is the only misstep in the entire run. While you might argue that JMD had some other stuff planned that he simply didn't get to(like Cassandra), the run does not feel rushed in any place and plots don't really feel unresolved in the end. It felt like an actual run and not just something that got canceled.

But making Zauriel a woman was a mistake. I understand why he did it, and sure it makes sense, but after we've heard about how much Zauriel loves the Stranger, even more than he loves doG...well, it comes off as a bit homophobic to make him a woman now. Being familiar with JMD, I know he's not homophobic in the least, but...it just wasn't his best idea, although his intentions were pure.
>>
>>
>>83199084
Nah, Blight was a bigger misstep.
>>
>>
>>
>>83199122
Nah, The Phantom Stranger issues were great. It just sucked that it got roped into a crossover.
>>
>>
>>83199186
It would have been better had the tie in issues been more contained.

Like...making Chris' transformation offscreen was a bad idea.
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>83199256
Well, it was a crossover. Each issue took over from the last one. It was kinda shitty that it got roped into it, but I don't consider Blight a misstep from JMD, he did great on PS.
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
Vaya Con Dios, Phil...

THE END.
Trinity of Sin is basically a "The Question" mini.
If you liked JMD's take on him in this series, check it out.
>>
>>83199519
That was wonderful!
>>
>>83199734
>>
>>83200444
>>
>>83195791

did... did Zauriel just offer to sleep with Stranger?
>>
This would have been so much better if it took the Wonderwoman path of being self contained. Blight and the Thaumaton felt like wasted storylines for him.
Thread replies: 132
Thread images: 121

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.